Old 11-18-2015, 05:01 PM   #436  
will it ever stick??? lol

S/C/G: 283.6/236.8/155

Height: 5'6

Hey guys! So completely fell off the wagon and had a restart day of last saturday weighed in at 257.2 which means i gained 20lbs back! woooooohoooo lol im not even mad im just annoyed i have to relose weight i had already lost. some of my pants are officially tight again and i can feel my clothes not fitting as nicely has they were. My minds still not in the same state it was when i was doing really well so well see how this restart goes.
Amberkkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Hope you feel much better, Lemon. It might be the time and weather changes for sure. As for boredom with foods, maybe you could try and find some low cal versions of your favorite winter foods. I know there are a lot of healthy cooking blogs with a ton of recipes. I know with some creamy soups, you can substitute some low sodium chicken or veggie broth for some of the cream, and save some calories that way. I just got my cheap little veggie spiralizer in the mail, so I'm gonna try some zucchini noodles with marinara and cheese soon. Should be just as awesome as spaghetti with way less calories. Pasta is one of my favorite meals, so this should be a great substitute for me.
As for me, my scale was up a bit today, but I had a lot of sodium and not enough water yesterday, so it was expected. Pretty happy with my overall rate at this point, and feeling good about what I've done so far. I'm getting excited about where I will be in a few more months. I'm starting to see myself in a new way, and that is definitely a good thing. I will take more progress photos tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait to see what I look like after another 20 pounds.
Hope you all have a great night!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #438  

Glad to see you back, Amber! I'm sorry about your weight gain, but that's ok! You know how to get it back down and you can get right back on track. Good luck!
Old 11-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Amber: welcome back! I do hope you knock those 20 lbs easily and then top off another chunk. Sometimes life gets in the way and we just fall back into old habits easily. Hang in there - you can get these pesky pounds off once again. We'll be here to cheer you on your journey!

Les: I know I should look up new recipes and you just gave me some good areas to look under. Have you tried spaghetti squash? You don't even have to make curly zukes. You just nuke it until soft and then run your fork through it for "noodles". It's a good substitute for spaghetti and you can eat a lot more if thats what you fancy then you can of the ever dreadful pasta.

Good for you on keeping that weight down. It will move once again. Just keep with it.

Mam: Hope all is going well for you! Have you and Marley gotten any of your gifts done?

Giggles:
How has your walking been going? Its so windy here today I am doing more chasing of items down the street then anything the last two days. Garbage cans, hunting clothes (doing the airing out of) however they have all taken flight w/these winds you sent us. Have you begun your griswold decorating? I went online to IKEA, they have some interesting deco this year I might check out when we go next. I am always looking for something different.

Fire: How is your loss coming along? Did you ever get your car back? Are you still walking everywhere?

Morning Violets!

AM:
Have no clue about my scale, kids on the run this am and forgot to strip on down and hop on the scale. I think it's holding I have gotten involved in a few extra projects I hadn't planned on being dropped in my lap, and whats been the first area to cut back - exercise. DUMB I KNOW> however if I can get this one project moving and at least going somewhere I will be happy. I don't know if it will work, but I will try to get it done. It's called build a website by Friday. Hahahaha. But I will see what I can do to get it started.

It'd be nice that as we sat still weight would just vaporize. I am all for it! However, it doesn't and I need to get going with it. Though 237 is a nicer number I'd rather it 227. Hence it will take work to get there. W/TOM and those pesky cravings it will be a fight until turkey day weigh in next wednesday. I do hope I can be good! Even if I can take off 3 lbs, I will be happy.

I do hope everyone can make time for themselves today, I aim to find at least a few minutes of such. I will report back if I am successful.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #440  

I will definitely try spaghetti squash, Lemon, I have been meaning to for awhile now. Zucchini is my absolute favorite, but I tend to like all types of squash, haha. Good luck building the website, I hope it goes really well! And you can get to 227 in no time, I bet you will see a drop very soon.

Amberkkski- I hope you had a great day today and felt good!

I went shopping and finally bought a hoodie. I have been buying men's XL hoodies forever (even in an XXL the women's were usually too tight for me to feel comfortable), but today I fit into men's M and women's XL (the L fit too but felt a little snug for my liking). I bought the women's because it is more fitted. Between that, smaller jeans that aren't falling off, and a new bra that actually fits (and thankfully didn't have to drop a cup size yet), it is a totally different picture. I actually have a waist, haha. Who knew?
However, my scale is up again today for who knows what reason, but it seems normal according to my happy scale app. But then I ate some chocolate donuts haha. It happens. Even so, I feel better today than I have in a long time, and I hope you all Have a reason to feel just as good today!

Last edited by LesGetFit; 11-19-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #441  

Les: those donuts can be a pesky lot can't they? We have donut sunday usually when we visit my mom - now we are limited by choices of shop -but sometimes that double chocolate one at DD is just, dandy going down! But I have to stop at one, which is just fine. As for spaghetti squash - I half them if they are the smaller kind - and usually microwave (that you'd have to check on time). When done then I use a fork and run it through the meat and it does indeed shred like very short pieces of noodles. I find that you can eat a lot of it easily, but sometimes you end up feeling full like rice after it's in your belly. So judge accordingly. I used to grow it in my garden, but of late my garden has been futzy w/certain crops.

Yeah for smaller sizes! Well, it's a hoodie but glad you chose a fitted one for yourself. I think I am going to wear baggy at the holidays as I don't want to be the family discussion on why I have so much weight to loose.

Amber: Have you had any more travels? How was your scale this morning?

Mam: Hope all is getting better for you. How is that fitbit going? Do you find you try to top yourself each day w/a new and higher number?

Giggles/Fire: Hello there.

Hello Violets!

AM: The creeping crud has hit me hard this am, kind of like the old bronchi feel tight and inflamed and the lungs full of magic crud overnight! I hate colds, I hate feeling like crap. But will have to deal with it.

I am beginning to find food that I used to eat w/o thought aren't tasting as good to me right now or that I can stop early on, with the exception of cookies - that will forever be a hard one for me I think. But it's good to know that the brain is starting to get the idea on foods. Now if only the weight would follow easily. Dealing with TOM food issues is another one and I am in that window so I expect no weight to fall off. I will try to hold it steady and hope for the best.

QOD: One is the one food item you love and crave on turkey day? And what is the food you find most unappealing on that day?

Mine is crave pumpkin pie, run from my FILs stuffing - it always tastes horrible and old. My mom suggested maybe he's using oysters and their water. Whatever it's my least favorite thing of the day so I have learned to just keep it moving around the table.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-20-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #442  

My favorite Thanksgiving food is mashed potatoes and gravy. So good. I like stuffing, too, but not if it has oysters, yuck. I actually hate pumpkin pie, so that's an easy one for me to avoid.

Sorry you're sick, Lemon. Hopefully it leaves quickly and you feel much better.

Hope everyone else is doing great!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #443  

Hopped on the scale today - a little bit less! WOOT. I was going to go to bike today and my cough is a rattling and I get into fits, who the heck likes winter sick season? NOT ME! But as soon as those stop I am back at it. I need to, I feel better when I ride and move, so it's best to just stick with it.

My house is quiet kids are w/the ILS and DH is out in the woods looking for that 30point buck da'UPrs (Yoopers - ok, those up in the UP of MI) sing about. I am finishing up the corrections to the website and then I aim to sew today, however I should clean the house as well.

Wishing you all a nice weekend before the family craziness of turkey day!
Old 11-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #444  

Yay for a scale drop, Lemon! Way to go!
Old 11-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #445  

wedding and engagement rings fit fairly comfortably! One NSV reached! I have it on this evening, it's like an old friend.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #446  

Congratulations, Lemon!!!!! I know you've been waiting for them to fit again, way to go!
Old 11-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #447  

Les: It's a good fought victory (though small in the grand scheme) to get those rings back on. Toward bedtime they were a bit tight, but I had been working on the website most of the day - so sitting on my duff. I will keep at it, I"d like them to be how they used to be, which was able to twirl around my finger. So that is my next goal - free twirl w/the ring. It doesn't come off, but my wedding band was made to look like my DH and the artist made it just as heavy I think!

Did you try a new squash?

Giggles: how is your walking going? Are you finding the weight coming off easier? Did you deal w/your chocolate craving easily? Mine is finally once again tapering off - darn old witch that visits drives it insane. How are your decorating plans going?

Amber: How is your scale looking?

Mam: Hello Lady - hope you are doing well and you and Marley are having loads of fun coming up w/the next project.

Hello Violets!

AM: Cough is starting to subside - there are things you find you hate in life but never remember them until they are part of your day - that's this crappy hacking and coughing. You never think about it until it's there. I'd love to be hopeful and say that's it for the winter season but I know I am crazy with that thought. So hopefully it settles enough so I don't sound horrible when I am with family that will probably assume I have TB or the like

Weight - it's going, where I don't know, but either I maintain for a day or two or loose a pound here or there. I keep trying, and mainly the scale goes down not up. So I remain hopeful, it will come off maybe not how fast I had hoped, but off nonetheless. I still haven't seen any big difference in the fit of my clothes, sure maybe a bit looser waistband, or one roll not as noticeable but nothing where I'd be needing a smaller fit - that's one thing I am kind of excited to see happen, some day.

I have to look at happy scale and see where it's taking me now, I don't recall from the other day - I entered on the run and didn't study my next goal it gave me. Perhaps I will reach it much better than this last one that took FOREVER to hit. That was my fault - I was in a crab patch of feelings and thoughts and ate more and exercised less. You think one day I'd get it all together.

Happy short week to you all! Lets do well and keep the weight off this week! I hope I can, but oh - pumpkin pie - I resolve to have one piece. I can do this!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 11-23-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #448  

les zoodles are one of my favorite dinners! and so filling! the spiralizer is kind of annoying to use but i wouldnt live without it now.

lemon thank you! only travels were a move but SOOOO happy me and the bf were living in a shoebox lol and now we have a nice spacious place! my favorite thanksgiving food is mashed potatoes with corn mixed in SO GOOD. glad youre starting to feel better.

Thank you everyone for being so understanding and still checking in when i go dead again lol This has got to be the toughest thing ive ever done. So my one day of eating healthy was just that, one day. But i hit rock bottom last night and it was a miserable but good thing to happen. Me and the bf went out to dinner and i tried some shirts on i havent worn in a while (fancier ones) and they all fit like crap! i got so mad at myself and so upset and i talked to my bf and told him we need to stop doing this (im worse then he is) and i think after seeing how upset i got hes going to try a little more to not bring junk food in and not say hey lets go to wendys or out to dinner whatver. Im thinking this time i will be able to actually keep my act togehter again for a while it was just so depressing and i feel like crap all the time lately.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #449  

Zoodles are amazing, my new favorite thing. No I haven't tried any other squash yet, but soon. I've been up all week, but finally saw a drop today. I'm still higher than I was last Tuesday, so I am hoping this is week brings more drops, even though it's Thanksgiving. I'm trying to eat a little less each day this week so Thursday doesn't do as much damage, haha.

Amberkkski- Don't be too hard on yourself, this is a hard journey already. You've done so well, and you can start again and bring that scale right back down. I'm sorry you have felt like crap, hopefully getting back on track helps you feel much better! We all understand how difficult this can be, and you should be proud of what you've accomplished so far! Congrats on the new big place and a supportive bf!

Hope you are both doing really well, Mam and Giggles!

Lemon- Your ring will be twirling in no time. My rings are all too big and I have to wear them on different fingers and it's so strange haha. I never even thought about dropping a ring size as a result of this. And the clothes will get loose soon, too. Mine seem fine and then it's like one day, boom, pants are falling off. It's so weird how the weight drops off. Just keep at it and you will be surprised one day very soon!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:30 PM   #450  

Ive come to the conclusion today that if I want something I should just have it. I definitely have a bingeing problem and last night I said like 5 times I wanted some tostitos and queso that we had left over fromt he weekend and my bf was trying to be nice ad saying no no so I had some marshmallows instead and then ended up eating the queso and a lot more then I wanted to lol I need to realize I do not have a normal brain. I am a binger I am overweight I like to eat. I just need to come to the point where im able to control myself more. So today a customer brought in donuts and I had one and I didn't feel bad about it because I said to myself if I don't have it im going to be thinking about that damn donut all day lol but then another customer bought us pizza for lunch and I had 3 slices, that was stupid on my part but you know what it happens, oh well!