Old 11-02-2015, 08:37 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Les: Glad you kept busy! how did the halloween eating go, were you able to keep it in check as best you could? You should be close to 190 so when are you going shopping again?

giggles: Hope all that running in between helped you out! Yes 8yos move fast, 2yos I am finding even faster. I do hope you had an enjoyable time at your carnival. Did it incorporate trick and trunk? Some of the parishes near my mom do that, a few up here as well. I have never been to one, but I am guessing it keeps the kids safe and in one parking lot w/parishoners. How is your weight loss coming along?

Mam: Sorry to hear your computer is on the fritz. I am the troubleshooter at this house, so it comes to me first if it doesn't work. Hopefully we avoid moments like that, as it can be a pain in the butt to diagnose or sometimes fix well. How are you and good old richard getting along?

Amber and Fire: Where did you all go?

Hello Violets!

AM:
they are back and we haven't caught any. Same darn place too. ICK.

Weight - I don't know - I got caught up in the above fiasco, I had mountains of laundry, I had kids who didn't listen and my house looks that way. Plus I got suckered into watching football which of course does nothing for me. Today I have to bake for a meeting/prayer service DH is hosting. I am going to make two items and since they will be served, that means I won't be eating. I will make them look nice and send them right out the door.

Has anyone been able to shut off the sweet tooth completely? I can go in phases where I don't require much and then all of a sudden it's like feast is needed. ARGH! I don't know if it's part of my cycle, maybe it is. It's like ice cream for me. I can go months without it and then all of a sudden I will have one week where I am like ICE CREAM. Thus far, that urge hasn't hit me. Just chocolate. Oh how I'd like to have a veggie tooth instead of a sweet tooth. Alas, a hurdle I am finding I have to deal with more often of late.

my best to you all - hope you are all on track with the 5 lbs for next week. YOU ALL CAN DO IT, I can do it too, it may just take me a while to get my head on straight this week. Perhaps I will just drink water. And eat romaine. sounds so totally delicious. NOT. No, I just need to be good and count and exercise.

Ok, I will go back to my hideout and hide for the moment. My willpower is shifty today.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #377  

Me again. I feel like I am having a hard time - but my scale says I am static. I feel like I want to eat everything sweet, but so far all day have been good - I just had my plain yogurt and we all know there is nothing really sweet about that. I had an egg and an english muffin at breakfast. I am just finding it somewhat hard today, more my thoughts than what is going into my mouth.

Do any of you find you have days you struggle and then you sit and think too much on it and over analyze what you are doing? ARGH! Thats today for me. I hope none of the rest of you are dealing w/these type of days, they get kind of hard for me.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

Lemon, I totally understand the need for sweet things. I still have crazy cravings most days. I am indulging with a few pieces of Halloween candy, but staying under my calorie goal most days. Some days are harder than others, for sure. My cycle certainly seems to play a part, yours is probably doing the same to you. All we can do is try to fight through it and stay at a deficit. Hopefully it gets easier for you.

I haven't been shopping again, but my pants are loose again, even straight out of the dryer, so I will have to do it within the next few weeks. I am hoping to take a good walk today, and I will try and eat a lot of veggies at dinner.

Veteran's Day Challenge

SW: 197.4
CW: 195.8
GW: 192.4
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #379  

Les: I don't know if I was good today lame-o excuse my phone is dead and w/the running of the kids and the baking for the event - I haven't had time to go get the darn cord. I didn't do too badly, I didn't get lunch in - was too busy and then had a blast from the past call in search of me. Kind of crazy w/the end result - but funny none the less. I have never had someone "search" me out. Oh well, one can laugh about such.

Good for you on the continued loss! I aim to join you, I just don't know when.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 322/265/155

Height: 5'5

Lemon: I started out this morning the same way I wanted to eat everything in the house! I went to walmart instead and walked 3 miles totally forgot about food for a little while and bought some new size smaller undies, a little reward to myself for losing weight.
Gigglesnbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #381  

giggles: hardest thing is avoiding the sweet calling for me. I am glad you found a good workaround! I am a SAHM and sometimes those become the hardest thing for me. I'd put the LO in the stroller, but we just packed away everything in the garage for winter and that was one of them - when we did that two weeks ago the temps during the day were low 40s - now this week we have shot back up in the 70s. I can't win!

Les: Your weight is doing well - keep it up! You'll be there soon! Any new tennis shoes? I haven't gotten shoes in such a long time, I wouldn't know where to start and this comes from a woman that use to be an imelda type shoe buyer. Keep me posted!

Mam: No computer yet - hopefully you aren't lost!

Hello Violets!

AM:
I am taking back my weight and my diet today! Screw the sweets! I am going to make me a priority today, like it or not, I will also aim to get to the gym every night this week (or morning if I can drag myself out of a warm bed). It's got to go and it needs to head down not up! Cheer me on and remind me I can do this - it's become overwhelming feeling this week. Maybe that goes w/the increase in age - who knows. I need to beat it back!

QOD: What's your go-to lunch of late? Mine had been salads - but BLCK - I am salad' out. I need some new ideas, and I have already been doing leftover soups. But those can get me in trouble, as I like a full bowl, not a cup here or a cup there, as I like a warm belly!

Today I am going to make a new batch of 15 bean soup. I use the chicken variety and it's pretty good as long as the dry beans get softened properly and aren't crunchy! Healthier carbs too, so that's good. I just need to make sure I get enough of the chicken when I do it. Maybe I will keep mine portioned out as a 1/2 breast. I have yet to decide but must get the beans on now to begin the process.

Ok Violets - SHRINK SHRINK SHRINK is the motto of the day - we can do this!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #382  

My favorite lunches are pita sandwiches, boca burgers and veggies, boiled egg with a cheese stick and some fruit, salads, or frozen meals when I have no time. I have eaten a lot of frozen meals lately, haha. Today I'll try and actually cook something (probably a veggie burger patty and some green beans). Your soup sounds great, Lemon.
Just bought some PB2 (powdered peanut butter), and it is great spread on an apple or toast, and way less calories than real peanut butter. It's not full of the healthy fats, but it is great when you are hungry and low on calories (like me late at night, haha).
I haven't bought shoes or any new clothes lately. I will probably wait until I have to buy new jeans again and try to buy more at that time.

Good for you for walking 3 miles in Walmart, giggles. Good job!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 322/265/155

Height: 5'5

I like fruit and veggies for lunch, yesterday I had 2 apples, an orange and a whole can of green beans for lunch. A ton of food for me but not much protein so I can't do that everyday. I am chronically anemic and had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago so I don't absorb all the nutrients I eat anyway. Today I think I'll have chicken and edamame for lunch lots of protein and yummy!
Gigglesnbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #384  

Can't do edamame - soybeans wreak havoc w/thyroid so I need to stay away from soy at most costs. I am a fan of the string cheese, but even that gets old some days. I've got the beans on for their rapid boil. Now to hunt down the sausage or it will be without, I have yet to decide. I think one of my problem areas was depending on a protein bar for my morning snack which is too high in calories, but when I was doing all the running around it was quick. I should know better on the quick foods - too many hidden things that in reality aren't super great for you or a diet

You know, it'd be so nice if our bodies would just do their own thing on the good side front. I know, we run said bodies, but it would be like going for a tuneup, they find out whats off fix it and life goes on. I continue to fight w/my scale this week so I aim by Veterans day to get this lousy 5+ off of the body. Oh lordy, battle I will.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #385  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey violets,

I'm back. Sort of. Got my computer back but having a lot of fixing to do.
Trying to put my toolbar in for my sites I go to all the time is hard. YUG!!1
At least I have my computer back.

Lemon just do your best. Don't put so much pressure on yourself that you end up stopping. You have come too far. Try to be patient.

Les thx for letting everyone know about my computer problems. Your going down slowly but surely.

I have been staying on program 100%. Yesterday I got in 15,789 steps. Today 12,000.. Did I say I love my fitbit....hehehe

Well more work to do on my computer. Will post more later.

LG
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #386  

I moved tonight so I am celebrating my return. I biked for 45 minutes I did hills tonight with my ride slow as I was climbing but still got 11.2 miles in. I also had lots of water today and calories were under so I'm hopeful the scale will begin to move for me tomorrow. So that is my good news. I aim to get back on track. Happy evening all!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #387  

Hi Violets!

I think we all need satin jackets w/the Shrinking Violets on the back like a chick from the 50s ala grease. Sorry - I could see us all looking smokin' in satin.

Just kidding. But it was a fun thought if only for a moment.

We had a dead one this morning - I feel better knowing that has happened. Ick. Those things just keep creeping me out - I know I know - rural life and all I should just get over it, but its a hard thing to do.

Weight: going down! Yeah! Will keep up w/the calorie counting today and my water and hope I can get to the gym tonight. I have to help out w/religious ed tonight so that will back up my time just a bit once I get home I have to help get the kids in bed then I can go. I am happier when I see the scale head back down. It keeps asking me to hit my goal that I have put off hoping I hit it each day. I haven't yet. Then the next goal should be hit by early decemeber - it's giving me 223 lbs! What a number, I haven't been that in maybe 5 years or so? I have hovered high since my kids. It will be nice to see that and then maybe I can fly on out of the 200s for good.

Mam: Good for you on the walking and steps! YOU CAN DO THIS. How is your weight doing and puffiness? I hope those have settled lots. I'm glad you are finding it to be an encouraging tool. My sister I think wears hers for the trendy aspect - I've heard through the family grapevine that she's at her highest - that's scary because she's been big before and as she wears it, she's enjoying eating. I do hope she finds that her health needs her more than the food. Do you do things w/your siblings?

Les: Well - if you have trendy tennis shoes to send me ideas on I am all ears. I like color and hate white or plain black ones. Boring in my book! Have you looked at any new jewelry pieces to treat yourself? I'd just like to get out of the 18/20s I am currently in. I have read others ideas of paying themselves $5 or whichever their budget allots for pounds lost and then they save this until they hit a goal to go shopping. How are your niece/nephew doing? Have you been visiting w/them a lot?

Giggles: Hope today is successful for you. May I ask - how has your gastric bypass impacted your life? Were you able to keep weight off for a long time? I am always curious. My mom had a friend who had this done (I never thought she was heavy) and has had problems since with food and keeping it down. Are your kids active? I have one child that is into food a bit too much like her dad. I am trying to find good ways to cut back on things but have been finding she is sneaking the sweets too often. Any ideas would be helpful. I don't want her struggling w/weight at this age.

Hello Violets!

AM:
I babbled at the beginning - I'll end it here. May you all have a wonderful day ahead. remind yourself you can do this, it takes time and perseverance. Also I am reminded as mine bobs along that it can and will come down if I work at it.

So off to have my water, get my day moving and find some enjoyment in it all.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #388  

I think today is the official weigh in day, so I'm posting it just in case.

Veteran's Day Challenge

SW: 197.4
CW: 193.2
GW: 192.4

I'm doing well here, another super busy week so I may not be able to post much until the weekend. I'm eating well and walking more, and I am definitely feeing the benefits. Much more energy this week than last. Getting really close to my halfway goal, and I am so excited. I will definitely need to do something to celebrate.

Lemon, I like my shoes simple and plain, so no recommendations. But look around because all the shoes I see lately are very colorful. Lots of pinks and greens and blues, etc. You should be able to find some awesome looking ones. Spending lots of time with the little ones and I could not be happier.

Mam, so proud of you and all your walking! You're doing a great job!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #389  

I have spent my day baking - and surprisingly for me - doing well w/o sampling. These are mainly for my moms freezer to get her thru until new years. She doesn't really cook for herself any longer so I do the baking and freeze it and then load her freezer when we visit. She's complaining about her weight, it's gone up 5 lbs I think in 1 1/2 years since I have been doing this w/frequency, but I don't like to see her eating frozen dinners or the like w/o something cooked/baked w/love.

My water intake is good! On 99 oz right now. I keep challenging myself to get the 99 done before dinner so that I can work out and have the last 33. If I do more than that I think I will float. Do any of the rest of you give yourself water challenges? I have a 33 oz bottle that I load and sip, sometimes my kids challenge me and we'll see who gets done quicker. So far this week I have been doing well w/the water.

Hopefully tonight if not too tired I will get the biking done as well. I do hope i can do so. Though sometimes it feels like a chore, I can move better thereafter, things hurt less and it's always nice to see the scale retreat, so there are my motivators!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #390  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey violets,

14,250 steps today. Since having this fitbit I am making sure I get the steps in. I can feel it too. Tired after work but a good tired.

Lemon I am feeling fine after the surgery now. Just some back pain still once and a while. Thx for asking. I give you a lot of credit I could not cook and bake and not eat the food. Too tempting. Better to not have it in the house.

I get Marley tomorrow and a sleep over on Friday. Yahoo. We are going to start our Xmas projects. She will be playing basketball so she will have practice and games so I have to get her while I can.

Les you are doing so good. Half way so exciting for you. You too baking all those cookies and cakes and not tasting them...

Tonight was chicken stir fry and rice so good and filling.

LG
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote