Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

ARGH! I went up too! dang nabit!

I think weekends are overrated in the weightloss department. However, I also know that when I exercise I don't see pounds off until two days later. And though I moved slow w/the weeding, I don't expect to see much until tomorrow (well one can hope). I will fill up on water today as well - helps me with eating and with a better scale come morning. I turned the air back on last night - maybe that's a help too.

So yes, I went up 1.5. It probably was that ice cream cone and the fact I didn't do a salad with 3 of my meals. I also did not get up early today and weed as I am waiting for my husband to spray the yard - I have 12 mosquito bites on my face - today the puffiness is down and I have 12 raised dots. FAB! I am beautiful (and tasty apparently). It's hot and humid, and it looks like by the end of the week the high is to be 67 - so I will wait w/the weeds until then. And I found the bug spray, so even better.

Well - lets all stomp these darn pounds back. I will grumble my way to 239 and make it worth the fight this week to get there as best I can. AND if I do - STAY THERE or less over the weekend! NO MORE ICE CREAM!

Happy start to your week all!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:24 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Ladies enough is enough. We are all moving down!
lemonthyme I live in Wisconsin and I heard 68-70 for highs this weekend and got so excited! I plan on being right alongside you all grumbling with you to 239, 229. 219, 209, 199!!!, 189,...
Laura I don't know about you but salt is sticking around longer then usual this time. Must be the weather. Hubby said he thought I should skip Dunkirk. I said is it like Schindlers List he nodded so I don't think I could handle the heart ache.
Kim that is a great attitude. I want to get down to a healthy weight but I want to learn, keep it off AND enjoy eating.
The scale moved back down to 242.2 and those hormones are behind me for a few weeks. Now that I finally got a clue and started tracking my hormones (Hysterectomy) I know when to expect my moods. It is better to tell myself I am not really hungry it is my hormones then to wonder if I am spiraling out of control like I did last time.
Come on girls they are waiting for us in the 230's thread. Pack your bags with smiles and leave those pounds behind.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #243  

Ubee: so do I, I'm on the west coast of the dairy state. So yes the cooler weather will have me out working in the yard but good.

Am: my goodness. Sugar attacked me but good today. I fought and fought and it won. I hate when that happens, it'd just be nice if it'd stay away and not make loosing weight a bigger challenge. I think part of it as I'm beginning changes with age and what use to be normal is off kilter but good.

So tonight I will try to find time to refill my salad bowl and just tie it to my face tomorrow. That might just be best. Either that or handing myself a huge glass of water instead of coffee first thing and go from there with my day.

Ending this portion of my day in some disappointment with my intake. Anyone else have this issue and you just can't ignore it no matter what you do? Then you feel defeated. Or deflated. Or . ..

look forward to trying again tomorrow w a clean slate.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #244  

lemonthyme we have all been there many times.
I felt this way a few days ago. I kept posting and kept trying. Today I feel like the Queen of the world.
Do you put a sweetener in your coffee? Coffee helps curb my appetite.
Are you getting enough protein? Healthy fats?
You can and are doing this.
As Flylady says "Progress not perfection."
Old 07-31-2017, 07:13 PM   #245  

No only skim milk in my coffee as I can add too much creamer because I tend to enjoy French vanilla and stopped that a while ago. Protein I know today was a huge miss. Lunch I only snacked as I was on the run and then ended up at 215 having a slice of peanut butter toast before I ran out the door again.

I know I do better if I sit down and plan out they whole day and stick to it. I really do, but today I just didn't. I don't know why.

Thanks for the encouragement- I'll just keep trying, hopefully one day I'll figure it out where I don't struggle with it all (I hope!). And the good thing is the salad is made and dinner on. So at least I'm tiptoeing back to focus 😳
Old 07-31-2017, 09:34 PM   #246  
~Kim~

My my goodness am I sore! Did arms and shoulders yesterday and I feels it! Today was legs and butt and that lactic acid is building up in my thighs for sure. Tomorrow will not feel pleasant but it means progress. I need to remind myself if I would just stop quitting on my workouts I wouldn't have to go through this initial week of super soreness anymore. I'm tired so going to bed early. Night all!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #247  
~Kim~

Down .6 to 242 this morning! I was pleasantly surprised considering how sore my legs and butt are I was expecting to see another possible increase. Thinking the fat fast was a perfect plan this week. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #248  

Kim so true about just sticking with the exercise. Congrats on moving down.

lemonthyme check this out on skim milk. https://www.bewell.com/blog/5-reason...the-skim-milk/

I am back down to my low of 241. Busy day with the grandsons so gotta get going.
Have a on plan day everyone.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #249  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all!

I'm chipping away and getting closer, but still up a pound from where I was on Friday. I dragged my butt out of bed this morning and made myself go for a run. I'm really glad I did. I also am glad I listen to my body because about 9am I was feeling really tired and light-headed. I had eaten my two low calorie meals from Medifast already and had a coffee, but I was so sluggish I wanted to lie down for a nap. Today marks the first day of my TOM so I know there is more energy stress on my body. Couple that with the running and I am WORN OUT. So, I went down to the cafe, got some scrambled eggs with peppers and a spoonful of chopped potatoes. Wouldn't you know almost seconds after I started eating I felt normal again!? Sometimes I lose sight of what's best for me. I know my appetite will increase with exercise, and that was my downfall last time I was a regular runner, but making the proper choices to fuel my body and not just eat anything because "I earned it" will be the best course of action I think. Instead of looking at my calorie burn from running as a number that can be evened out with something of equal calories (example, burn 200 calories and think I can eat 200 calories of a sugary Starbucks drink), I am now looking at food as fuel and know that it's the quality of the calories, not the quantity that matters.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #250  
ready to succeed

S/C/G: 251/257/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm still struggling. I feel like I have short term memory when it comes to eating healthy. I have one decent meal and then I just tell myself I have been eating so good lately, it's fine to have ice cream or fries... I'm clearing out the fridge and pantry tonight. We're having zucchini pad thai, I'm trying to build this weeks menu with a lot of 'fake out take out' to get back on my game without feeling deprived.

But I'm up... 244.4, I can't believe for one shining moment a week or two ago I was at 239. I'll get there. My body just seems to feel comfortable in the 240s and in the past it's loved 225... those are my big hurdles.

Reading all of your ups and downs while still maintaining a positive attitude is really helpful. As long as I keep making one or two good choices a day, it will eventually become three or four, until I've got my control back.

We can do it!
FatDoesntDefineMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #251  

Got fresh produce today. I'm not discussing my scale foibles; meal wise today I've been doing well. We go swimming tonight somjust a bit extra movement for me. I think I moved more when my LO was smaller as we'd jump around in the middle depth instead I'm usually on my own these days as he's mobile and doing his own pretty well. He likes the slides and fountains and leaves this mom on her own.

Yesterday I fought and lost. Today I aim to get it back on track. I'm finding my cravings a bit difficult as my body is in that peri stage of life and things come and go a bit differently then when I was cycling normally in the month. Now it's dealing w the unknown. Everything you have taken for granted is out the window.

So fight on I will. If I can even get back to 242 this week I will be happy. So let's go girls, I think we are all on the wobble board this week - let's tip it and run downhill!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-01-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #252  

FatDoesn'tDefineMe I was wondering how you've been doing. July was a slow month for me being up and down. I hope this month will be better for all of us. My body also has certain scale numbers it loves to hang out at. I keep telling myself it is just lowering down to a new set weight. I give it time and then when it is not looking I sneak down lower. I know it is silly but it helps the mental game for me.
It has taken a long time to train my brain that I am trying to eat less and healthier.

Laura this time around I stopped looking at exercise as calories burned. I don't do that much (Still a work in progress) but when I do I just tell myself I am getting stronger. I imagine I would feel differently if I ran 5 miles! Were you always a runner?

lemonthyme I don't know where exactly I am in the pause of things. I do know my emotional/moody days are less often as I age. You didn't lose yesterday you struggled. However you did win because you posted and are back fighting again today. Ride the waves and over time you will notice a downward trend.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #253  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Ubee when I last lost over 100lbs I became a runner. Ran a half marathon on my 45th birthday. Slowly started eating more and more and eventually stopped but continued to eat like I was still running and gained it all back.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #254  

I usually tend to ignore those "extra" calories gained back w exercise. I also try to drink a lot more water when I was actively doing such. W/my slow return to exercise I plan to try and do the same. I have also found having a more solid and protein filled breakfast propels me better in those days of exercise. And my morning snack includes almonds. Almonds are generally my go to filler.

I have been doing coffee and water today to help ward off those moments of wanting something sweet. I'd really be interested in having a switch that made these queues for sweet obsolete.

Otherwise I hang in there. Tomorrow I aim to go weed. I was going to wait for the cool down however it's to pour that first day of cool and the yard is getting hairy. I'll just gump it up and get it done and burn a few calories to boot.

Hope y'all are doing well.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #255  

Hey: a motivator to give you visualization if you need it. I ran across this site looking for a sewing help but tried it out to remind me where I could be:

Modelmydiet.com

You can have your model simulator of what you may look like at your goal weight in case you'd like something to put in your mindseye. Kind of interesting!