Old 07-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #196  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!
I've weighed in at 239 pounds x 2 days so I'm hoping I'm firmly in the 230s now! It's been busy since my son and his gf came in from CA on Sunday so just wanted to do a quick check in. We have been swimming, boating, cooking on the grill...It's been so great to spend time together. We are all supposed to go camping on the river this weekend. My brother is supposed to adjust my engine pitch so we can go tubing. It feels great to be ACTIVE!!!! They fly back to CA on Tuesday so I will check back in then. Have a great weekend!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #197  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Boopchick!! Yay!! Hope to see you soon in the next decade!

I was able to erase the weekend gain, but it took me all week. Very annoying and I am definitely NOT doing that again this weekend. I don't want to be in that cycle of gaining and losing the same 3lbs. To be crass, I say "eff that!!"

Tomorrow my husband and I are going to the Science museum and having breakfast out so I need to be extra vigilant!!

Have a great weekend all!!

Onward and downward!!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

laura: I hear you on those crazy pounds that creep and go. I'd wish they just stay gone! Have fun at the science museum. Do you go often?

hello all!

AM
: Scale was down today after I finally got it to turn on. When I stepped on someone had switched it to stones. I mean sure a 2 digit number is surprising first thing in the am, however once I got it reset I was still pleasantly surprised. I am down about 3 which I chalk off to being super conscious on the count. I guess if I micromanage (which somedays it feels like) I do ok. So onward and upward with more of it.

My mini goal is to make it through the weekend and hopefully come monday be a pound down instead of 4 up. That's my hope. Wishing you all a lovely weekend. I think we will be deluged in more rain. It's already floating here.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:57 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Way to go boopchick!
We will all see you in the 230's soon.
Back up to 244.2 today. I need to lose 3.2 pounds by Monday for a challenge I am in.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #200  

Ubee: did you make you Monday goal?

Hello all!

AM: I kept within my calories over the weekend and yesterday I ended about 75 over by the end of the day. I got on the scale thinking it would be good. I was mistaken. Of course I also changed the batteries in said scale. Let's just say I didn't gain 4 lbs after the weekend but I also didn't move down. I'm measuring where needed I guess I need to find out if I can get moving.

Does anyone know if sweet corn is one that helps aid in higher weight overnight? Just curious. Maybe it's the sugars and starch. I just hope this week I figure out something to keep it moving downward. I think I'm the past this is where I'm apt to get frustrated. But I've been at these numbers before and have gotten below them so I know w/time it will move. I just need to be patient.

I will say a small victory if you can call such is when you lay in bed and your belly feels flatter or less to grab. Hey. I'll take that small type of feeling to help boost me along.

Hope you all had good scale readings and start your week off well!
Old 07-24-2017, 08:11 AM   #201  
NOOM user

Well, I see this weekend as a success, I guess. I only gained less than a pound, which is an improvement over the 3lbs from last weekend.

Yesterday I really worked out hard and my eating was slightly off, but overall the weekend was good. I took this morning off from exercise because I had gone a little too intensely. I'm on the lower half of the 240s and that's fine by me. I would LOVE to be out of the 240s by this time next week though!

Onward and downward!!
Old 07-24-2017, 08:30 AM   #202  

I did it I made my Monday goal of 241!!!
I am so pumped because I didn't settle. Sometimes it is OK if you are giving it your best but I hadn't been and I changed that. The scale read exactly 241. Go me!

Laura I love your attitude. We have to enjoy life but not slack on ordinary days.

lemonthyme less belly is a bigger victory then the scale. Yes, sweet corn is a carb so it makes the scale bounce. One thing that I am really noticing this time is how important sleep is to weight loss. Also humidity really makes me hold water weight.

Let's keep giving it our best shot and that scale will go down.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #203  

Ubee: YEAH FOR YOU! Fantastic to read you met your goal. Thanks for sweet corn info. I don't eat it often but I saw it yesterday at the grocery and just thought it'd be good w dinner. Frankly my personal belief on digesting it is that the leftover kernelS just really puff and fills on its way through. Hah! I aim to stick to or under my calories today. A bit more control as I am home today. We began back to school shopping yesterday and DH couldn't take the kids saying they we're starving any longer.

Laura: good for you! Weekends are hard no matter if you are watching calories or not. Celebrations and just lounging can get me in trouble. Even if I think I'm grabbing good for you foods. Of late my phone is constantly with me as I eat. I log right away so I know where I'm going. Keep up the good work.

AM: sorry I'm gabby today. It's me and my little this am and I can only listen to so much curious George this early. So I have my coffee and chat with you all instead and gain inspiration.

Since I'm new to this group, what are you doing for your movement? What have you found works well for you? I tend to plateau if I stick to one thing too long with the exception of lap swimming.

Oh and I found a pattern for a bikini I've marked to check back in November for. It's a goal in my head for this trip. I also stopped at goodwill and hedged my bets and bought two items to hopefully fit into as when it gets ready for trip time shorts will be away and the goodwill loaded with winter wear. A girl can dream. . . And hopefully it will be a quicker reality then me winning the lottery (also a dream but a $4 winner will not make me a millionaire &#128522.

Happy day all!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #204  
ready to succeed

S/C/G: 251/257/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm feeling a bit stagnant right now. I hit 239.1 a few days ago, and then today I was 241.4. I did give in to burritos this weekend, I rationalized to myself that it has been months since we've gone to our favorite Mexican place... but that doesn't mean it's been months since I've eaten out. Oh well, I just need to move forward, I can't change what I did on Friday.

My DH and I started a 30 day squat challenge, I am very competitive so hopefully we can follow this. (If one of us gives up they have to do the dishes for a week!)

I made a goal for myself to go to the gym 2x this week. I love the steam room, so it is a nice incentive!
FatDoesntDefineMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #205  
NOOM user

Ubee!!! Congrats on hitting your goal!! Good point about sleep affecting loss, I have not had the full 8 lately and I'm noticing it on the scale. Here's to full nights sleeps in our future!!

For me this weekend, we had gone to a really good place for lunch after the Science Museum and I acknowledged that I could blow my diet in this place. I ordered as smartly as I could but still gave myself a little leeway to enjoy. For one thing, I ordered a burger because it sounded really good. As I'm doing low carb, I just took off the bun and ate the rest. It was exquisite! We shared an appetizer that wasn't nutritionally great, but at least was vegetable based. I also had a few bites of the dessert that my husband ordered. Being ridiculously full after that, I realized that I really didn't need to eat many calories over the rest of the day and ate very light later on. For that choice, my gain was only a few ounces on the scale. In the past I would have still eaten a full meal, so I am pleased with my shift in thinking.

Lemonthyme I too log my foods as soon as I can because it is the one tool that has consistently helped. As for my movement choices, I walk predominantly. I have a fitbit and there are always step challenges at my work that keep me moving. I park as far away from the door as I can (which is also the ONLY fully shaded spot in the entire lot, so I go home in a cooler car) and when going to the rest room, walk to one farther away. I aim for 10,000 steps. Last week I exceeded that almost every day. I also love running and it has been the driving motivator for me to lose weight. I am going to take up kayaking later in the summer so I've been weight training to build my upper body strength. Just started working out on the stationary bike and may graduate myself to riding outside when it's less hot/humid.

FatDoesntDefineMe good luck on your squat challenge!!! That gain isn't too bad for having strayed to Mexican food town, you'll have that reversed in no time!! We love that you're here with us, but really want you to move on to the next decade. You don't need to stick around for us, we'll be there soon enough <wink>

Onward and downward!!
Old 07-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #206  

Laura: Thanks for the input on movement. I had been using a recumbent bike or elliptical depending on the day prior to the PT. It's hard for me to make time to exercise (isn't that a fine excuse ) as my husband has an hour commute each way daily so there goes the sitter. I can go - it's just at 445 am or 845pm. I will hopefully start edging it back in here soon.

I also find logging foods immediately is helpful. That reminds me to not mindlessly snack if I feel the need as I walk past the fridge. And sometimes it's nice to see I come in a bit under calorie. My only big issue is at times weighing food. Though I try to, sometimes at dinner time it's a bit harder. Maybe because with lunch I am doing a large salad most days. Or maybe it's because whipping out the scale or measuring cups just isn't how I normally serve. Do you do this with your meals daily? I know it's a best practice as the old eyeballing is not.

Oh the humidity?! Loathe that part of summer but good. We are in our throes of such, and w/all the rain we have had it's extra special and thick somedays. I hear you on staying well hidden in the a/c.

FatDoesntDefine:
Hey - I think it's great your hubs is helping you with challenges! Mine is a better talker than doer and I hope one day he decides to work on his weight too. Its nice you have a partner. Is he actively trying to loose?

Ubee: How is the weight this am? did you trip into the 230s?

Hello all!

AM: Well, new batteries in the scale. Grumble - well though it was nice to see 242, I am really 245. Which is still down, just not as markedly as I had been hoping. Onward and downward.

I went online to look at possible ideas on shoes for my trip and some side jaunts to do. I am a planner. Too bad I can't segue that into my dieting life, maybe I should try. I think having a set date to aim for may help me focus on my goals. I look at pictures of me the last big trip we did and well I was mighty round. So I hope that this time round I ditch my own roundness. If I can be a bit lighter and look better and feel better about myself, that will be a big help.

Do any of you know of a good online source for doing some light at home hand weight videos to look at online? Maybe even if I can add that into my day before dishes or the like that might work. Nothing fancy. Or if anyone has used the bells? I have to limit heavy lifting currently and maybe this is a place I can start and wake up the bat wings. And how many days a week do you all workout if that's indeed what you do?

Happy day to you all. I am off to tackle the laundry. Yesterday it became finding the source of all the crummy sweet ants that were in my living room. Seems someone left some sticky juice on a coffee table under a magazine and 3 pieces of honeyed cereal under my couch. I am not a fan of the creepy crawly in my home. Ugh. But its taken care of. I am lemonthyme - giant ant slayer!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 07-25-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #207  

lemonthyme, glad to hear you are not sweating the bounce on the scale. Mine bounces all over. This time around it is not even bothering me which I find encouraging. It means I am going to do this no matter what.

Laura, your weekend sounds so nice. I always feel so sad when I hear others depriving themselves when they have a special meal. Glad to see that you are finding a healthy balance.

FatDoesntDefineMe, I need to get doing squats. My butt has left without me.

Scale bounced back up to 241.6 today. It would great to get into the 230's by August!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:45 AM   #208  
NOOM user

Great week so far. Hitting new lows daily! This morning's weigh in was 241.5, so the next decade is in sight!

Onward and downward all!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #209  

243.8 this am. My mini goal is to be 239 next week. I hope it's doable but that's my aim. I did want something sweet before bed but had a big glass of water and ignored it. For me that's a big step because when sweet cravings would hit in the past they'd be big and I'd feed them.

Good for you all on your loss! You inspire me to keep going with this all. I updated (after finally finding it) my body measurements. I did this before and got excited when I was able to tally up how many inches lost. Even when you just see 1" down you get a smile on your face. Have any of you done this or taken photos of your journey? I need to do that again too.

Have a good day today! May all the scales look great for you all!
Old 07-26-2017, 08:32 AM   #210  
NOOM user

Lemonthyme way to go with ignoring the craving, that will help you so much in the long run. Another strategy would be to perhaps brush your teeth to change the taste in your mouth.

Body measurements are so key!! I did take a 'start' photo but haven't taken any since. I'm trying to decide if I only want a single 'before' and 'after' set. I'm 7.5lbs away from my halfway mark, so perhaps I will take mid-way photo then - maybe as a celebration moment.

Keep up the good work!!