Old 09-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I have finally seen a loss again. I have been holding steady at 245 for the past couple of days. I seem to always have scale issues so maybe I'll just buy a new one this weekend.

Scottie, when I first started losing last year, it seemed like the first 20 poundds just fell off. After that it was a challenge to get 10 more. I lost 30 pounds from July-October then stalled. You're right, the most important thing to remember is that you don't want to gain back whan you've lost. I think our bodies need time to adjust to the loss and force us to slow down sometimes. I did a yo-yo thing for a few months then started losing consistently again. I have found that if I take a day about every 10-14 days and eat whatever I want, within reason, it seems to shock my body when I start low carb again and I lose easier.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 273/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey Scottie12 and gagirl1!
Sorry I've been mia! I've been traveling for work and then vacation! �� Hope all is going well with you both!! It seems I broke through my first gain/plateau whilst on vacation! After not weighing in for two weeks I showed a six pound drop to 238.8! Does this mean I have to leave you guys?!? I will stay for a while so we can travel to the 230s and 220s together! I'm checking in at that thread but I'll hang here and cheer you guys on! �� Hope your week is going well! Talk soon!!
kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #93  

Hi Scottie12!!

Thank you! I hope you are doing well. It is super frustrating when the scale doesn't move. I've been there, though less on this diet. Good on you for keepin on. Internet hugs. You will move down thru these 240s, I promise. I'll hang out!

What is my secret to vacation weight loss? I honestly was flabbergasted by the loss.. But I had gained the week before I left when I weighed in before group.. so maybe I just had one of those bloated weigh ins that happens once you get in the middle of you weight loss journey? I dunno... so the weight drop seems more drastic than I think it was. 6 lbs in two weeks hasn't happened to me before except for the start of a weight loss journey. But, that said, I'm on Optifast, which means I was using meal replacements for some of my meals during my vacation. Which HELPED a TON. I mean, to not have to eat out for every meal.. to not make compromised choices! And my dh and I walked a ton.. one day we took 20,000 steps, without intending to!! Also, I would say the biggest secret for me is that I'm in an emotional eating support group as part of my weight loss program.. That has been helping me avoid binge eating scenarios.. and since the Optifast plan is low carb, it has been a one-two punch for me.. almost like a magic bullet. But I had never done low carb before, turns out that is also MAGIC for me.. not for everyone in my group though. I have very little hunger on the diet, which is crazy. So that is my secret, I guess. I googled all the optifast scary stuff before I started, but my program is much different than the ones people were on in the 80s (like Oprah), as it has a gradual reintroduction of food and a year long masters program where you are on all food after you reach goal (and you are calorie counting etc). Oh, and the CBT of the emotional eating support group.. its just magic.

I wish you a good week and look forward to seeing you here! Maybe there should be a board where we all meet up as we are traveling down in the numbers groups.. just to check in and see one another as we are moving around! Be well!
Old 09-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #94  

Kittens, congrats on your loss and move to the next thread. We certainly want to keep in touch with you and hope you'll pop in to visit us. Hopefully we'll join you before too long. I'm not sure since I did manage to have a gain over the long weekend. Getting back on plan today. I also ordered the sports bra I've had my eye on because it was on sale for Labor Day. It should arrive in a week or so then I plan to up my exercise game. I hope it helps. Overall, I think we're all doing a great job, most importantly because we want it and don't expect drastic results. Slow and steady.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #95  

Hi Gagirl1! I will keep checking in! And you will join me before too long! I expect I'll be in the 230s/220s for a while. :|
Hope your week is off to a good start! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 254/239/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello, I am new to this whole forum thing and this is my first post. I have moved from 264 to 244 in the last 7 months. Slow but steady. I actually stalled over the summer, but I have a great food plan now that is working well for me. I am looking forward to making some friends along the way of this journey.
Newby60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:32 AM   #97  

I have not checked in for a while. I am in the midst of one of the busiest times of the year for me at work. Unfortunately, it involves lots of meetings and catered food. I am hanging on to 248 by some miracle. My meetings end tomorrow and then I'll be able to settle down and get serious again. I did get the sports bra I ordered a few weeks ago and I was walking/jogging about 4 days a week until I got so busy that I didn't have time or was too tired to make time. Again, next week I get to focus on me again. Congrats Kittens on your continued success. I am looking forward to getting out of the 240's and joining you. Where is Scottie? Welcome Newby!
Old 09-30-2016, 12:05 PM   #98  

Hello, I am down 1 more pound. I hit 243 this morning. Looking forward to continuing to move out of the 240's! This is a big goal for me.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #99  

Hi Gagirl! I'm so glad to hear from you! Keep hanging on! The busy times are the worst. I'm sending you good thoughts! Happy fall and see you soon I hope!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #100  

Hi

I am 249 and looking forward to lose the first 10 . I am starting Optifast this week we will see how it works.
Lighttemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #101  

Smile Hi Lighttemptation!

Hi Lighttemptation. It looks like we joined about the same time and are pretty much in the same spot. I don't come on here much, but I am working my way out of the 240's and I am using this thread as an inspiration. It is a very slow process for me. I am not on a plan other than a fairly straight-forward food plan. It feels good to be doing a tighter food plan. I thought I could just do 3 meals a day and lose weight, but I had to cut my intake way back. My idea of a meal and a reasonable amount just did not get close enough for me to do it without a good plan. Good luck to you on Optifast. I have heard of people having really good results.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby60 View Post
Hi Lighttemptation. It looks like we joined about the same time and are pretty much in the same spot. I don't come on here much, but I am working my way out of the 240's and I am using this thread as an inspiration. It is a very slow process for me. I am not on a plan other than a fairly straight-forward food plan. It feels good to be doing a tighter food plan. I thought I could just do 3 meals a day and lose weight, but I had to cut my intake way back. My idea of a meal and a reasonable amount just did not get close enough for me to do it without a good plan. Good luck to you on Optifast. I have heard of people having really good results.

Hi!
Good luck to you too ... All those experiences are motivating me. We will get there ! Step 1 under 200 lbs. I don't come often too but I'll try to give updates as I will meet the doctor every week!
Lighttemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #103  

Hello everyone. checking in again. I am down to 241 this morning and so looking forward to leaving this forum in the next week or two to join the folks in the 230-220 group. I have been checking out their posts and I am looking forwad to moving another level down.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #104  

I finally feel like I'm back on track. My fall meetings are over so my work routine will settle down again. We had a very sudden death in the family last week so that put me in unexpected food situations. I didn't weigh for a while but I finally bought a new scale. Holy cow! I'm happy to say I'm back in the 240s after a strict week. I'm changing my ticker to 249 and going from here. I have to get out of the 240s soon.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #105  

Finally a move. 248.2 today. My next mini goal is 242 so hopefully I'll be there before too long.