Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #256  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Angie~ What is juicing? Is that the fast you were talking about? And how many juices do you have in a day? Just curious.

So my husband's test results finally came back from his heart monitor, and they had clocked in 30 episodes in which he was having chest pain, racing heart, and palpatations. His recorded heart rate at those moments were anywhere from 124-179 (resting/light activity). This of course is not normal at all for someone his age, in a great physical shape he is in, which is why we were so persistent on getting him checked out completely. His doctors do not know why he is experience these issues, but they prescribed him a beta blocker to take once daily which will hopefully take care of the problem. He will have another check up in a month to check on everything. He is able to start working out again next week, so we might start Insanity then, but regardless I am probably going to go ahead and do a round of 30 Day Shred to prepare me. I have just been walking/running to get in a bit of exercise.

How's everyone's week going so far?
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #257  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Pink Hurricane - when I say juicing, I just mean taking fresh fruits and vegetables and running them through my juicer. I was drinking about three 16-18oz glasses of fresh juice each day. I juiced for 5 days after coming off a water fast. It's just something I personally like to do for various reasons.

I'm so glad to hear that your husband has at least found a solution for his condition where he can get back to exercising and doing the things he wants to do. I guess it goes to show that weight is not always the culprit for health conditions and problems. Lots of times, because we are overweight, it is assumed that we are "unhealthy" and that a thinner person would be healthier than one with more meat on their bones. It's just not the case all the time. I'm glad he's doing better though.

This thread has gotten kind of quiet....not surprising with the holidays here though. I hope everyone is doing okay!

I'm doing pretty well. I've been doing Kundalini Yoga all week but I'm SO ready to sweat again. I had planned to start going to the gym again on Monday but I think I'm going to sneak one in tomorrow morning. Yesterday I just bounced around the house...just full of energy...wanting to do something to get my heart rate up. I ended up doing jumping jacks and taebo kicks in place LOL! Yes, I'm ready to feel the burn once again!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #258  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

It has been quiet. My youngest brought the flu home this week. So most of my week has been taking care of littles. Now I have it. I guess the flu shot did not cover the one we got. Our is mostly stomach not as much upper respiratory. Looks like my DH is getting the muscle aches now.

I hope everyone stays healthy this year.

One positive from the negative being ill has sped up my loss. I may make my goal of 50lbs lost by Christmas. This was not how I wanted to loose it at all.

Last edited by Lishar; 12-20-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #259  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Angie~ Oh okay, that sounds like a pretty good idea, as I love fruit and just a cool way to help cleanse my body. I might have to look that up a give it a shot soon. And thank you, it was pretty shocking when he started having such bad chest pain, but now I feel a lot better and relieved that he will be taking that beta blocker and hopefully when he starts PT again before work he will not have any more pain. It's true, I have a few cousins and uncle who have been physically fit literally their whole life and they all have heart problems because of cholestorol and they all take medicine to regulate it.

Haha I know what you mean about having all the extra energy, I have been cleaning so much because I feel like I constantly need to do something, especially at work. I should take a tip from you and use that time to throw in some jumping jacks, kicks, and squats too!

Lishar~ It's good to take a positive from all of that, and I know that's not how you wanted to lose the weight because the flu is no joke. I cannot stand it and I hope all of you get better ASAP. So happy for you that you broke the 220s!

It has definitely been super quiet here, on this thread and through most of the boards aside from some of the new year challenges popping up. I was tempted to just say screw my plan until after the holidays but knew what a bad idea that would be. I was set back earlier this month from having a few weeks off for wedding stuff, and I do not want to start the new year back in the 230s. I've worked entirely too hard to quit on myself now.

I am definitely going to enjoy the food and festivities for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but I am going to try to find a way for me to not go overboard when my husband and I join our family for dinner both nights. I thought maybe snacking on some healthy fruits and veggies throughout the day and drinking plenty of water will help, as well as getting in a workout. My plan is to stay super busy and eat lightly, so that I can sample a little bit of everything and be satisfied both nights.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #260  

Pink Hurricane - I SO agree with you that we've worked WAY TOO HARD to quit now. The holidays are traditionally the time where I fall off the wagon BIG TIME but I have made the decision to stay completely conscious of myself, my feelings, my choices, etc. When I had that binge day a couple weeks back and the next morning after losing my motivation for exercise, I immediately went into action. I allowed myself to feel, but I did NOT allow myself to REACT to those feelings (which would have been eating). Taking that "time out" (so to speak) helped to re-center and re-focus me. So now I'm feeling good again and I WILL SURVIVE these holidays while still being on track.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 289/264/200

Default Hi Ya'll

I am from Orlando, Fl and as you probably noticed a Newbie to this site. I have been reading some of the posts. I believe I have found what I was searching for; a group of goal-oriented individuals succeeding in loosing 100's of pounds. I started out weighing 289. I had not realized how much I allowed my weight to get out of control until a recent doctors visit. I have since lost 25 pounds by calorie counting and portion control. I'm still struggling but your posts are encouraging to me. I'll be visiting this forum often. Enough said for now. Keep fighting the "Good Fight". I also wanted to say thank you for sharing.
tam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #262  
Back to being healthy

Well Christmas is over. The cookies are almost gone. I am going to the gym today. Time to dust myself off and start again. I did not really fall off the wagon but the wheels got a bit wobbly. The flu weight I lost came back. I have been eating more christmas goodies than I should and not drinking my water. All in all not great. I am not beating myself up about it. I am just going to start back and keep on plan.

I have a big trip planned for April and would love to be more fit and thinner in my swimsuit. I want the problem of finding a new swimsuit because mine is too big.

Welcome Tam2012. Good job loosing those 25lbs.

I hope everyone has an amazing holiday.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 216/208/120

Height: 5'1

I need to ditch this extra hundred ...have been obese for most of my 19 years..need to stop this fatal lifestyle!
yk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam2012 View Post
I am from Orlando, Fl and as you probably noticed a Newbie to this site. I have been reading some of the posts. I believe I have found what I was searching for; a group of goal-oriented individuals succeeding in loosing 100's of pounds. I started out weighing 289. I had not realized how much I allowed my weight to get out of control until a recent doctors visit. I have since lost 25 pounds by calorie counting and portion control. I'm still struggling but your posts are encouraging to me. I'll be visiting this forum often. Enough said for now. Keep fighting the "Good Fight". I also wanted to say thank you for sharing.
Welcome Tam! Wow, congrats on your 25 pound loss so far! Isn't it amazing just by watching how much energy we take in the difference it can make? Post often! You'll find great support on this forum.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #265  

Lishar - I'm in the same boat as you. I've been eating the holiday food, yet I've been trying to do as much damage control as possible (going to the gym, eating less the next day, etc). It's been working so far, but I've eaten way too much salt the past few days so I'm going to get rid of that over the next several days then jump on the scale to record my 2013 new years starting weight. I'm hoping I've held steady in the 170's. My clothes still fit fine so I should be okay.

yk103 - you can do it! Make a promise to yourself and stick to it! Come here and post for support.

Last edited by angieand2girls; 12-29-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default One Year + Commitment

Great idea. In fact, to get to my goal, I'm going to have to make a two year commitment. Too hard? Nope. I made a two year commitment to grad school. Made a 20 year commitment to work. So, making a commitment to myself of 2 years should be doable.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #267  

I have been MIA for a while. Have been trying to pay attention and not go overboard, but have been off on both eating and exercising. And I'm not feeling bad about it at all. It's the holidays, and have been dealing with lots of chaos.

Hit the gym tonight. Felt GREAT. Back to eating right for the past few days. Weighed in this morning at 212.8. Not gonna make Onederland by New Year's. and it's all good. I can't believe how much I missed really paying attention to my food and exercising regularly. Onederland - you're in my sights!

Can't wait to catch up with everyone!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #268  

LaurieDawn - glad you are back! I don't think too many of us have been on plan these past couple of weeks. I know I haven't, but I have stayed conscious and have done as much damage control as possible. You have held steady in the 2-teens even with not being perfect and to me that's a GREAT accomplishment! Onederland is RIGHT THERE!!

All I wanted to do was maintain over the holidays and not gain lol. I'll be getting back to the gym myself starting tomorrow. It's been about 8 days since I've even exercised. I'm so ready.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #269  

January 2, 2013 - Day 185 of 365

I weighed in and took measurements today. I measure 5 body parts - bust, waist, hips, left thigh, and left arm. That's it. Those 5 alone have gone down a combined total of 49.50 inches since I started 185 days ago. I weighed in at 170.25 lbs so I'm down 81.75 lbs. I'm happy that I at least maintained my weight over the holiday season. It took some damage control but I'm glad to resume my normal routine. I went to the gym and jogged 2.5 miles on the treadmill then came home and did some ab work. Boy did it feel so great. I started my low carb meal plan today and my first meal was to friggin die for (seared halibut with bacon-green bean relish, with a side salad with feta cheese and greek dressing...all homemade). I've already downed 64 oz of water. Yeah, I'm starting the new year off right!! I'm not playing in 2013. It's time to reach goal and stay there.

How is everyone else?

Last edited by angieand2girls; 01-02-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #270  
Back to being healthy

I am sorry to add that I did not stay on plan over holidays either. I have gained back 4 lbs. So now I am back on plan and getting back into regular exercise. I have not been strength training since the end of November. I need to get back into that. I was very suprised that I was able to hold a plank for 40 sec this week. I was sure I would not be able to hold 10sec. Those crunches I have been doing have helped more than I thought.

Back on plan. 2013 will be an awsome year and hopefully I will reach more goal.