Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #181  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
Laurie - So far so good on RFL eh? That's great! I'm curious to know if the shaking up of your macros (with the higher carb days) will speed up your fat burning. What are the cheat meals like? Can you eat anything you want for those meals?
The meals are not free-for-alls. They are just opportunities to be a little less strict. My stats are so janked because of my sleep schedule, I hesitate to draw conclusions from them. But the scale has dropped steadly (as all low-carb diets tend to cause water weight reduction initially), and I m feeling both good and satisfied. But it's only day 4 still.

LebenAlles - thought of you when I walked into a table piled super high with carby goodies at work this morning. Generates the 'I could have eaten 6000 calories, but stayed at 500, so my body will give me credit for forgoing those 5500 calories' response. But I am really shocked at how little I want any of it today. Gotta like the super-low-carb cravings reduction thing. Likely short-term, but I will definitely ride it out!

Louise - I have been thinking about you. So glad you are back. Totally into the simplified menu concept. Not always nutritionally ideal, but coupled with a multi vitamin, infinitely better than the standard American diet.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #182  
100 before 40

S/C/G: 287/203/170

Height: 5'9"

Angieand2girls, thank you so much. I will try and work on loving myself. Its just hard to think about myself when others need to be taken care of. Love this thread and being able to get encouragement from others.
kimbo720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #183  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I am working my way out of this funk. I am finally back down to 227 which was my low from a week ago Monday. I walked/ran last night and kept having to make deals with myself to keep going. At first it was 15min then 20,30 and finally I walked/ran 3 miles in 50min. It reminded me of how hard I had to work to keep going when I first started. I think I am going to stop running for now. The side of my knee is hurting. I may just be too big to start. Too much stress on my knee.

kimbo720 It was a big revalation for me to take care of myself for a change.

Lauriedawn congrats on your good choices. I have had a few temptations with muffins/donuts.

angieand2girls Don't you think learning to love yourself helps with being sucessful with the weight loss. Feeling like you are worth the effort that it takes to get the weight off. Not sabotaging youself when you get a certain amount of weight loss.

kimbo720 congratulations on your weight loss so far. Sometimes it takes a moment to spark us to get motivated. For me it was seeing a picture of myself in my daughters yearbook. I was the fat unhappy woman in all the pictures. I did not want to be that fat unhappy woman anymore.

Coffeelover64 I think its a good idea to keep planned meals or snack on hand. I find when I need to go shopping I make poor choices because of the limited foods on hand.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #184  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Lishar - Wow! You ran 3 miles? That is mega impressive! It sucks that your knee had to start giving you problems, but at least you now know you can do it! I'm not sure how much I weighed when I started running on the treadmill but I started at 5 minutes at a time. Then the next week I'd increase the time by one minute. Each week I increased it by one minute so now I jog 1.25 miles very comfortably in 15 minutes. You may not have to give up the running completely...maybe just a little bit at a time and build it up? That's awesome that you are back at your low! You stuck with it and didn't give up so you shall see your rewards.

I've been eating on the high end of my calorie range this week and what do ya know? I've been hungrier! Huh? What sense does that make? My body is loving the additional food, but it wants more LOL.

Are there any Twilight fans here? I'm looking forward to seeing the new one this weekend.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #185  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Angie Oh no I can only jog for about 5min at a time. I alternated walking/jogging for 3 miles and it took me 50min. I am wondering now if it might be from a lifting I did last week. I have had pain each time I have tried it since. Its the lying leg curl. It kills the side of my knee's so I have not been doing it. I figure sharp pain is bad. Burning pain is doable.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #186  

Oooooh okay. I still think those 3 miles are awesome! I'd like to work my way up to 3 miles slowly. Sharp pain sounds like a potential injury ready to surface. I'd definitley take it easy on the knees for several days. I had a back muscle pull on me about a month ago and it drove me crazy that I couldn't workout..but it was worth not injuring it anymore.

I see from your ticker that you're over 100 days into your 1 year commitment. Doesn't that feel awesome?!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #187  

Kimbo! I missed welcoming you the last post. I didn't even see this last page before I posted. What you have done is AWESOME. And it seems pretty common for lots of people to stumble when they hit or are about to hit milestones. I don't know why. I hit 50 pounds lost on 10/10, and made almost no additional progress for almost three weeks. Just hang on. Hopefully, you'll adjust mentally very quickly.

Angie - You are a rock. So glad you're here supporting and working your plan.

Lisha - Glad you're coming out of the funk. Hope the scale is kind to you and your efforts. And I agree with Angie about the sharp pain. So not worth it to risk the injury!

I ended up falling for the workroom sweets in the late afternoon. Darn hubris! But I just called it my first cheat meal, and the scale still registered a very slight (.2 pounds) drop this morning. And back to plan today. Hopefully, my next cheat meal will be both planned and something I REALLY want. =)
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #188  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies! Sorry I disapeared (spelling?) I chalk it up to Lo carb brain fog

I started the MRC diet on my own on the first of nov, and on the 12th I started the RFL I have yet to weigh in but today is only day 3 I'm excited and hopeful that I will get to my goal by January!
Cofee welcome back!

Angie thank you Yes Its my wedding, my Fi and I have been together 4 years and we're finally tying the knot. Yay!

Laurie! We're in this RFL thing together! and nearly same stats too

enjoy: Thank You! Its really nice to read it!

Hope you're all having a great day~
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #189  

So glad to have a fellow RFL'er, Victoria! I plan on doing it through the New Year, then trying to transition back to a less extreme plan. So far, though, I am loving it. Super easy to follow, keeps me full, and while I do feel deprived sometimes, I feel deprived sometimes anyway. =) And I love the scale feedback I am getting.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #190  

Look at you Laurie!!! You are almost in the 2'single-digits! That is awesome! That plan looks like it really gave you the push you needed. Wow. Do I see Onederland before New years?

Last edited by angieand2girls; 11-17-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #191  

I am cautiously optimistic, Angie. :-) Five pounds in five days, and I did do a free meal in there. For the record, every time I see your signature, I wonder how you can stand not having confirmation that you are, indeed, in Onederland. :-P
Old 11-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
I am cautiously optimistic, Angie. :-) Five pounds in five days, and I did do a free meal in there. For the record, every time I see your signature, I wonder how you can stand not having confirmation that you are, indeed, in Onederland. :-P
Ha! I know, I'm crazy right? I haven't confirmed it but I can feeeeel it LOL! I think I'm more excited to see how far into Onederland I can be by the next time I step on the scale. I'm not expecting the crazy numbers I pulled the first time (especially now that I'm heavy lifting), but it's kind of fun not knowing and wondering what it will be when the time comes.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #193  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Laurie, I did RFL from tuesday to friday then friday night some friends came over and I planned on following the plan but a good friend really wanted me to drink, (we always drink togther) I resisted for a good hour and a half but finally gave in, I only had 2 shots but then I felt guilty and ate some fried plantains, handful of doritos and a glass of milk, weird combo I know I was looking for stuff to binge on Like I used to. So the next morning which was yesterday I went to weigh in and I had not lost one pound on Rfl which really made me sad, NO CARBS for nearly 5 whole days and nothing? Or maybe I ruined it with 2 shots and the carbs fom the chips? and then gained back what I lost instantly? idk so saturday I went to a friends and had thanksgiving, then today my family is coming and we're eating thanksgiving here . Monday I'll give it another 4 days but if I don't see some progress I thnk I'll give it up and go back to my other method which is still a PMSF but less drastic, you can have 80 cals of carbs idk how many grams that is as I slept terribly last night . I can't wait til this is all over I feel obligated to eat Thanksgiving food and sacrifice my way of eating. Idk whats wrong with me but i'm still pretty sad about doing RFL for that long I know it wasnt a month but I had very high hopes.
-crushed really
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 234/230/120

Height: 5'4"

I
Quote:
think that is an EXCELLENT idea. Having a plan keeps you one step ahead. I can also relate to having stress make me turn to overeating and non-ideal food choices (I went through a painful divorce earlier this year and all I did was eat and eat).
I have mixed feelings about Dr. Phil, but one of the things he said either in his weight-loss book or on one of his shows about weight-loss was something like 'what are you going to do when your diet is no longer the biggest focus' because that's what he's seen happen so many times. People start off with a real bang, are totally committed, the diet is front and center but then something else becomes more important and the diet goes poof. He was suggesting that we need to find a way to make the diet totally automatic and habit-like so that these habits will carry on even when we have more important things to deal with than the diet itself. This is just common sense but I think many of us (myself!) tend to almost over-focus on the diet instead of making it just another habit. Most of us still brush our teeth and take a shower during times of stress becuase it's such an ingrained habit.

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone! Now I'm catching up and seeing where everyone;s at!
Coffeelover64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #195  

Victoria - I am so sorry to hear you didn't see a good scale result. I don't know how many extra calories you consumed in that single meal, but it's hard to believe it would wipe out your entire deficit. I have had really good success on RFL. I weigh daily on it, and that really keeps me motivated. Today will be day 7, and as of my morning weigh-in, I am down 6.4 pounds. So, a little over a pound per day. Maybe you just are struggling with short-term water weight from your unplanned meal? Regardless of whether you stick with RFL or not, glad that you are maintaining your focus.