Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey everybody
Lishar, 209 is freakin awesome. I cannot wait to get there...you should be really proud! And 16's are awesome as well. Congrats!
Pink, I'm sure everything will be just fine, but you're right, it's always much better to know than to not. We'll be awaiting the announcement of your clean bill of health very soon.
I hear you about flip flopping around in weight. For the last three months, before paleo, I've been trying to make RFL work and while it was a great temporary solution, no matter what strategy I used with it, I always ended up gaining back. So I bounced back into the 240's like...eight times. Seriously. It was getting depressing.
I know I've changed my weight loss tactics quite a bit, but I feel like it was all a slow progression to where I'm at now. If you had told me a year ago that I was going to be cutting all non-naturally occurring sugar out of my diet I would have laughed...and probably cried. I just had to take baby steps. But I swear this is something I've wanted for quite some time now. I remember telling my partner years ago that I could totally see myself being one of those 'crunchy granola types' if I could get my eating in order. And here I am, becoming one of those...without the granola, of course. Anyways, it's:
Day 8 of 30
And I'm proud to say that I have lost 8 lbs from starting (I had gained, once again, back up to 245.8) and am back down to the lowest I've been in five years. I am 25 lbs from the lowest I've been since freshman year in college. I haven't had grains or sugar aside from that in fruits and vegetables in a week. And I feel amazing. My stomach isnt all poofy like it would get with tons of processed carbs. My body feels like it's working with me for once instead of against me. I've gotten through most of the slump that people experience their first week after eliminating such things and can really see myself keeping this up past the 30 days. And I have been eating WELL mind you. More delicious and satisfying food than I have had in months. Truly. It's been amazing.
I'm glad I experimented with RFL because it showed me what I was capable..and not capable..of doing, but I'm sorry I wasted so much time bouncing around like that. It's nice to see a steady drop and for once know that it wont yoyo back up. That IS the last time I'll see the 240's and hopefully the 220's are just around the corner.
Hope everyone is well! Laurie and Angie, we miss you!

Last edited by LebenAlles; 03-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #347  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I've seen this thread for awhile now and wasn't ready to commit to a full year but it's time to face my fear of failure and go for it!

Here are my commitments. I tried to make them attainable and hope to do even better on most days.

So between now and March 4th 2014 I commit to:
  • Staying under 2000 net calories a day.
  • Drinking at least 32oz of water a day.
  • Getting 6.5 hours of sleep or more a night.
  • Not eating at Fast Food more than 12 times. (Subway is exempt)
  • Continuing on if I fail instead of giving up.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #348  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Those sound like very good goals. I like the last one. We all stumble but getting up and starting a new day is important.

Welcome. We have been a bit slow lately but thats ok.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #349  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Yaaaaay I'm so glad you are back Leben! I know what you mean as far as trying to figure out what works best, that's what I've been doing and the scale is certainly showing it! But it's great that you are back and back in the 230s to boot!

Welcome to the thread Rodeogirl! Lishar is right it has been a slow thread recently but regardless we are here to give support and I love your goals for sure! Your last goal is great, we will always have off days and times when we just don't do what we need to, but that next step is the most important one, getting back up and getting on track!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #350  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Speaking of staying on play when you stumble. I need to get back on track. I find that I stray when we are busy and eat out. IHOP on Friday, Breakfast Buffet on Sunday, Wendy's on Monday and now I am up again. I am sure its still water weight and sodium. Its still frustrating. I also have not been really good about exercising. Life just gets in the way some weeks.

So I am trying to get back on track. We are a little tight on money so eating only at home for the next week or so. Bad and good at the same time.

I had a goal to reach onederland by the first day of spring. I am sure I won't make that. Instead I remember how far I have come since Thanksgiving. I had a really hard time in December and January.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Try and enjoy the little things. I enjoyed my breakfast of 1 cup plain greek yogurt, 1 cup thawed blueberries and 1 scoop vanilla protein powder. YUMMY and very filling. 388 calories and 51g of protein.

Last edited by Lishar; 03-05-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #351  
*Embrace Power*

Day 65 of 365

I'm a bit in shock that it's already day 65! I feel like even though I have been learning a lot with trial and error since January, I should be well into the 220s by now. But I realize all of the mistakes I have made and I now know what NOT to do and what is going to work best for me. I set up a doctor appointment for later on in the month to have my annual check up and get ideas going about what to do after I have Mirena removed early this summer. I have been sticking with my first week of Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack and made sure to rid our house of my trigger foods and stock up on healthier foods.

One day at a time, I know. I cannot regret my mistakes in the past but I can make today the best day so far, and tomorrow will be even better. I have got to remain consistent and make sure that the weekends will no longer be my downfall, especially since my husband wants to take a weekend run together each weekend. I know I can do this, and I am going to make this happen once and for all!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #352  
career counselor a-gogo

Well I'm on like day 3 but so far so good!

Yesterday I hadn't had my full amount of water and I thought...oh well so what? Then I thought Nope! I made a commitment so I made myself hop out of bed and go downstairs for water. I drank my two glasses back to back to bring me to 32 oz.

It was a small thing but important to stick to the commitment. I can't just blow stuff off on day 2 - especially when I've set such attainable goals for myself.

I've been loving getting all the sleep as well. My body seems a lot happier already because of that one.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Sooooo quiet on here today. I know personally that I don't post as much when I'm not losing, so I hope everyone is doing okay.

Day 17 of 30
Last week the scale barely budged. I cheated slightly and had some icecream on Saturday (dairy is a grey area on paleo apparently) and last week I had too much fruit and dates and figs. For me I find that while paleo is working wonders to how I feel, I still need to count calories to lose weight. So I started that again yesterday on MFP and I'm dropping again. Still really enjoying this new way of eating. And hey, I officially hit 70lbs of loss! And all of my clothes are a 16 now instead of bits and pieces. Woohoo!

Again, I hope everyone is well!
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #354  
*Embrace Power*

Rodeogirl Hope you are doing well so far this week!

Leben It does get quiet around here when people are feeling stagnant in the loss department, but huge congrats to you for reaching the 70 lb mark! Way to go, keep it up!

Day 71 of 365
It seems like a lot of our usuals have not been on 3FC recently, I hope everyone is doing okay at home and hope to hear from them soon!

My husband and I offically started running together this week. I can already tell you that his pace is QUICK and he slows it down for me but it is very motivating to work out with him and have him by my side, I feel like I can run a lot longer that way. At the same time, my thing recently with both exercise and nutrition has been 'mind over matter' which is working. I am finally seeing the scales budge again and hopefully it will stick this time. I am hoping to reach 235-232 by the end of March, which I think is very attainable. If I stick to the plan 100000% and I am still not seeing much of a change then I need to get a check up at the doctor, I know hypothyroidism runs in my family, and I don't want that to be an issue while I am trying to make a healthier lifestyle, especially a couple of years down the road when we decide we want to have children.

Also, I'm glad we have an extra hour in the evening of daylight instead of in the morning, having that daylight really keeps me wanting to exercise as much as possible!!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

It has been quiet. 70 pounds is an amazing accomplishment!

I'm excited to be heading to Florida in a couple of days for a long overdue break. I am going to be running with my husband for the first time and I am almost as excited about that as I am about the warm weather and the beach!

I've been making good progress with running and eating well. The scale is moving slowly but there are big changes I can see in my clothes so I just keep going knowing that eventually the scale will catch up.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #356  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Really glad I found this thread. I've been seriously working on my current weight loss efforts for about two months, but today I'm starting the 1-year commitment. I love that idea! So many times I've given up after a few months, but not this time. I am committing for one whole year, exactly one week before my birthday, so I can't wait to see how much I have to be proud of by my next birthday!
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #357  
*Embrace Power*

Traci~It is great that you are continuing to make progress and move along! Florida sounds amazing, my husband has never been so I'm going to have to change that for him some time this year. Hope you have a wonderful well deserved break!

Keep Moving Forward~ Welcome to the thread and I am looking forward to getting to know you better as well as help support you along the way! Way to go on making the commitment! Sometimes you will have off days like all of us do, but just remember to pick yourself back up and keep going. Stay consistent and you will be amazed with what you can accomplish!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:22 AM   #358  
*Embrace Power*

COME BAAAAAAAAACK EVERYONE!!!!

Day 75 of 365
As everyone says, consistency is the key. I have stayed OP all week long and pulled a loss in pounds this week. Granted it was only one pound, but that is a move in the right direction without a doubt! I'm sitting at 239, so I am hoping by weigh in next week I will be at 237 or less. We shall see. I have been mixing things up with exercise to keep it interesting and I think that helps me a good bit. My husband and I are going out of town later this weekend for a couple of days and I am going to stay OP then too. Not sure how we will exercise but we are helping family move and that should be a workout by itself!

I hope everyone is doing well and has had a great week!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #359  
career counselor a-gogo

Well so far for me I'm doing well on everything but the water. So I'm going to have to make a better effort and maybe get one or two more water bottles so I can leave one at work.

The pounds are coming off nice and steady so no complaints there.

I hope to hit Twoderville in April!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #360  

I am back! My whole family got the flu. My 15 yo was hospitalized by it, but a stressful time for us. But I am on day 1 of my return. I will weigh soon because I know the flu does weird things with up and down weight losses. But I have a renewed commitment to take care of my health, I promise. So easy to give up. So hard to come back. But here I am. And forward I will go. Great to see new people keeping us alive, and great to see stalwart familiar faces.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote