Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #151  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
Hi rachellosesitall85! It's never too late to join. Just hop on in with your 1 year commitment. We all have different times where we started. Welcome!
Yep. What Angie said. Excited to have you join us.

Yay for your shrinking NSV, Angie :-) That is SO great. I actually have been feeling the opposite lately. I recognize I am smaller, but I am also shocked that I am so big still. After losing 50ish pounds,I should be skinny!

As I am closing in on the end of the scale challenge, I have become apprehensive about weighing. Interesting to me. I will do what I always do after I think I have gained and just do it, but I am surprised to be both reluctant to step on the scale and desperate to do so.

I am done with the daily updates, though. I appreciate everyone's patience with them. They fot me back on track and through Halloween, which is probably my toughest holiday for weight control.

I plan on playing basketball this evening with a bunch of young guys. So. Can't. Wait.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #152  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
I recognize I am smaller, but I am also shocked that I am so big still. After losing 50ish pounds, I should be skinny!
I know the feeling. When I look at my ticker, I realize that I still have more weight to lose than I've already lost. It would have been nice to have lost the 50 and been done! I haven't even hit the halfway mark yet. Sigh.

When is your scale challenge over? I hope you get the weight loss you desire.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post

When is your scale challenge over? I hope you get the weight loss you desire.
I timed my scale challenge to coincide with my regular Sunday weigh-in, so it's over Sunday. But I am out of town this weekend. So I am tempted to jump on tomorrow morning. But I won't. So, Monday. Unless I decide to do something stupid like pack my scale. That would be really dumb. So, probably Monday. Probably.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #154  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Angie Congrats on your 50lb loss. You rock. I hear you about more to loose. I look at mine and think almost 40lbs but still another 60 to go. I plan on treating myself at my halfway mark. I just need to think of something nice.

Laurie Don't bring your scale. LOL. Monday will be here before you know it.

I ate out on Tuesday and retained a lot of water. Wednesday I drank a lot trying to flush it out. I think I ended up retaining more. Last night I woke up and felt a heavy feeling in my chest. Scared me but I knew it was just the extra water. I think a lot of it flushed out today. Hopefully I will see a decrease in the morning.

I ate to plan and had a nice cardio. I made a personal best with my walking. I walked/jogged 2miles in 32min. This is huge since when I started I walked 2.5MPH on the treadmill. This was my off lifting day. Back to the weights tomorrow.

Have a great Friday Ladies.

Last edited by Lishar; 11-08-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Quote:
Yep. What Angie said. Excited to have you join us.

Yay for your shrinking NSV, Angie :-) That is SO great. I actually have been feeling the opposite lately. I recognize I am smaller, but I am also shocked that I am so big still. After losing 50ish pounds,I should be skinny!

As I am closing in on the end of the scale challenge, I have become apprehensive about weighing. Interesting to me. I will do what I always do after I think I have gained and just do it, but I am surprised to be both reluctant to step on the scale and desperate to do so.

I am done with the daily updates, though. I appreciate everyone's patience with them. They fot me back on track and through Halloween, which is probably my toughest holiday for weight control.
Laurie - I'm with you on all of this. In my mind I'm like, 'I absolutely must have lost weight' but then there's that nagging thought of what if I haven't since there have been times in the past when I thought I did and didn't or even worse, gained. But, like I've said before, I know I'm doing what I need to do, so that's what really matters. That is definitely a major thing that I'm taking with me from this. As long as I can tell myself that, then it's all good.
I gotta admit though, packing my scale seems like something I'd be tempted to do, haha!

And yes, there is so much left to go! But it's been an incredible journey and I'm super proud of myself already, so there are only good things to come, for sure.

Angie - That's awesome about your NSV! It's one thing to know you're making progress but seeing it in the mirror puts it on a whole new level. Congrats!

Lishar - 2 miles in 32 min is awesome! Congratulations!

Rachel -
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #156  

Copying over what I posted on the 250's thread:
So I have to admit that I weighed in a day early. And the results, coupled with the fact that I interviewed for a higher position at my job and it doesn't look like I got it, spurned me into an all day tirade of bad decisions starting with an egg and cheese biscuit and ending with waaaay too much wine. Something I haven't done in at least six months. Pretty depressing.

So, yeah, yesterday I weighed in 248.8, which is only down 2.2 pounds in not only the twelve days I didn't weigh, but also since October 20th, which was 3 weeks ago. 2.2 lbs in three weeks. That really really sucks.

I'll go ahead and say that I'm not giving up, and I'll get through this, but I'm definitely never doing a scale challenge again. The gravity of the disappointment is so much worse when you've been building something up to be better than it really turns out to be. Especially when you've been insanely good and all science and logic points to the fact that you should have lost so much more. Ugh. Pity Party for One.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #157  

Enjoynlife! So good to hear from you. I had wondered where you had gone. How are you feeling about things? I know you were struggling the last time you posted, and you were supportive for everyone else in your last post (as always), but you didn't post anything about you. Not that you have to. But I do hope things are going well. Thanks for the congratulations on my judge. He's awesome. But I did cringe when you said "activity partners." I don't need an "activity partner." I don't spend enough time with my kids or my friends as it is. I was not really looking for another platonic friend! =)

LebenAlles - Thanks for the support and encouragement. You are right. I want to "get to goal," but I already feel so much of the benefits of this lifestyle. I may be fat, but I am much fitter than many of my thin friends. And that means a lot. Are you almost done with your scale challenge? I know we started around the same time. I just don't remember how close we were.

Lisha - Hope you were able to successfully flush the water weight. The chest thing sounds kinda scary, though. Hope you're feeling better as well.

Pink Hurricane - Hope you are getting some great news about your husband's health in the near future. I have been thinking about you.

Scale challenge officially over today! Yay! Now if only I could weigh. When I worked out in the hotel's fitness center yesterday. (Not perfect, had to modify some of my lifts, but grateful that I got to lift even on the road, especially after I broke one of my resistance bands yesterday, and those are usually my back-up plan.), I was super tempted to step on the scale in the fitness center. A strange scale. In the evening. After lifting weights. In the last few hours of my 12-day challenge. So strange. But I didn't. I was then tempted to go downstairs first thing in the morning and use the gym scale. And I would have, except I didn't want to weigh in clothes. I want to see the best number possible!

So, one more day. And I'm not really all that anxious about it, surprisingly, but am glad the scale will be back in my life. I also have decided to try Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet starting tomorrow. I have all the suggested supplements and the food. If it works, I will only do it for two or three weeks. Just enough to hopefully quell this stupid impatience. =/ So, it will be daily weighing while I give that a shot.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #158  

LebenAlles - I was typing my post and missed your post. I'm SO sorry that it didn't turn out like you wanted it. I'll also say the super obnoxious, but sometimes helpful, thing. 2.2 pounds in 12 days is actually a decent result. (I KNOW I will be disappointed if I get the same result, though, so I absolutely relate to how you feel.) Now, I am feeling anxious to step on the scale. Reading your post, though, is actually really helpful. I am now picturing a similar result, and hopefully, working through the potential disappointment.

Glad you're still here and still fighting. It's a super long battle to face. Glad we're facing it together.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #159  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Angie- Congrats on your shrinking waist!!!! That's one of the best NSV, keep up the amazing work!

Lishar- Your running time for two miles is awesome! When I first started running I was so slow it made me cry, but one of the coolest things about staying consistent with working out and lifting is seeing your body change and get stronger.

Enjoyn- Thank you, it's been really hard and things have been so busy so I am stressing but working out has become my quiet and peaceful time oddly enough lol. Now how have YOU been missy?

LebenAlles- I hear you on the scale and slow weight loss part. For the past almost six weeks, I have lost a total of 6 pounds, which included the scale bouncy between 3 lbs in between the 6 pounds I had lost. It is beyond frustrating but someone told me not to see weight loss as linear because there are SO MANY factors when it comes to weight loss and gain. They said to keep going like nothing else matters, because it will catch up with you. So as frustrating as it is, do just like you said, KEEP GOING! Easier said than done, yes, but it can and will be done. I cannot wait to finally see a whoosh but rather than being upset with myself and my body when there is no change or very little, I just workout again, I try my best to eat right and do something nice for myself. Keep your head up and keep going, you got this!

Laurie- Thank you for thinking about us! The only thing new that is going on is that he had an appointment for his ECG on Thursday and the woman that did the test said that after he is finished and sends in the heart monitor device Thursday, to make an appointment with his cardiologist and they will go over all the results from every test he has been under. So we might not know anything else until another week or two from now.
Glad to hear that you had a good trip and that you got in a good workout there too! I would be so tempted by that scale as well, so good for you for overcoming that. Hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow, can't wait to hear how it goes! As far as the rapid fat loss diet, what does that consist of?

Day 14 of 365

Well I did day 11 of the 30 Day Shred this morning, it was my first time with Level 2 and it KICKED my butt, baaaaad. I am already feeling sore but I have got to keep at it. On Friday I weighed in at 226.6 so I'm still around the same 3 pounds as usual. Super frustrating but honestly I cannot wait to take my measurements this coming Friday to see how much of a difference has been made already. It will be my halfway point with 30 Day Shred, and I can definitely see the difference in my arms and even my hips.

Things are starting to come together for our ceremony and reception, it's three weeks away but everyone keeps telling me to stop stressing, much easier said than done hahaha, especially with hubby's heart health. I'm watching the Patriots game and about to make some broccoli and cheese, I've been craving it for the past few days. I really hope to see a whoosh in my weight loss soon, so I just gotta stick with it.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #160  

Pink Hurricane - The not knowing is tough. Glad it has an end date.:-) Sounds like the wedding is coming together. Congratulations!!!

Enjoynlife -So sorry about your multiple frustrations. The 'lifting heavy' thing is challenging, especially at first.And the scale frustrations -ay yi yi. Great time to change up strategies, though. When things are not cooperating, I struggle to keep moving forward. I am so impressed that you keep doing so without hesitation.

219.4 this morning. A 2-pound loss since October 10. I feel ya,.LebenAlles. Also, a 6-pound loss since my last weigh-in. I feel frustrated by my lack of information. I love to crunch data, but i have so little. Is this the top of my current weight range? The bottom? The middle? So glad i did the scale challenge. So glad it's done.

Starting thr Rapid Fat Loss diet today. It's Lyle McDonald's crash diet. He warns again and again that it's better to lose the weight slowly. But I just want fast progress right now, and I think it will help. It's very low-cal, low-fat, low-carb. Almost exclusively lean proteins and specific veggies. Not all that different from my current plan, but more extreme. Going to commit to at least a week. Won't do it for more than four weeks. I am impatient, but not straight-up stupid.

Yes, I know it's not smart. But I had been on track to get to Onederland by New Year's, and I just want to make the push. Daily weighing. Crash dieting. I know it's wrong. But it feels so right.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #161  

Quote:
219.4 this morning. A 2-pound loss since October 10. I feel ya,.LebenAlles. Also, a 6-pound loss since my last weigh-in. I feel frustrated by my lack of information. I love to crunch data, but i have so little. Is this the top of my current weight range? The bottom? The middle? So glad i did the scale challenge. So glad it's done.

Starting thr Rapid Fat Loss diet today. It's Lyle McDonald's crash diet. He warns again and again that it's better to lose the weight slowly. But I just want fast progress right now, and I think it will help. It's very low-cal, low-fat, low-carb. Almost exclusively lean proteins and specific veggies. Not all that different from my current plan, but more extreme. Going to commit to at least a week. Won't do it for more than four weeks. I am impatient, but not straight-up stupid.

Yes, I know it's not smart. But I had been on track to get to Onederland by New Year's, and I just want to make the push. Daily weighing. Crash dieting. I know it's wrong. But it feels so right.
Part of me, very selfishly, is glad that my pity party for one is now a pity party for two, but I'm sorry you had to deal with that same disappointment. After my weekend of wine, cheese and whine I'm looking at 250 now...but I really feel like I needed a weekend of 'forget this crap'. So now, today, I'm back on track...whatever track that might be. I'm interested to see if this 250actually sticks or if was mainly waterweight or what. And I'm curious to know if the 248.8 was the lowest I'd hit those 12 days. Oh scale, how I missed you.

I've read about the Rapid Weight Loss diet from a few other 3FCers. I've seriously considered it as well..let me know how it goes. I know it's more like a temporary jumpstart and not sustainable, but sometimes you need that jumpstart, you know? To get you out of a rut. I seem to need a drastic change up every 20-25 pounds or so, since for whatever reason it's then that I stall out. Glad we're in this together though, for sure!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #162  

I did also want to say thank you to the rest of you for the encouragement. I definitely need it!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoynlife View Post
I had a conversation last night with my ex and my first thought was I can't let him see me like this. How can I get off 30 lbs extremely fast. I would still be obese but I would weigh what I did when we were last together.
Enjoynlife - Although my main motivation is for my own health and benefit, seeing my ex again gives me that extra push. He's in the military and has been deployed since June. He won't be back until March/April 2013. I think he'll be pretty surprised when he sees me again...I have not mentioned anything about me losing weight (although he talks about how he goes to the gym all the time and is losing and looking good). I stay silent lol. I wonder how much he'll drool when he sees me again

Pink Hurricane - So 30 Day Shred is pretty good eh? After this round of Insanity is done (I have 4 more weeks), I'm going to take my 2 week break (water fast/kundalini yoga, etc), and then move into a different exercise routine. I think I may consider 30 Day Shred. It sounds like it's pretty tough. Hang in there!

LaurieDawn & LebenAlles - Okay so you two ladies are not quite happy with the results of your weigh in. But....have you noticed changes in other arenas? Like...are your clothes fitting better/looser? Do you notice any non-scale changes in your body or how you feel? I ask this because this weekend I saw a picture online of two women. They both were the same height and they both weighed 150lbs. One of the women's body fat percentage was 18% and the other woman's was 30%. The difference was unbelievable in how they looked. The woman with less fat was at least 3 sizes smaller in appearance....way more lean and well developed muscles. I'm really starting to understand the importance of body composition rather than what weight the scales kicks out on any given day. The scale measures it all (muscle, water, fat, food, bones, anything in/on your body). If you lost 15 pounds, but more than half of it was muscle would you be happy with that? If the scale shows you lost only 2 pounds but in reality it's because you're developing lean muscle tissue (and holding on to water weight in the process), is that 2 pound loss a failure? It is impossible to step on the scale and interpret that gain/loss accurately. Please don't be sad/upset with your losses ladies. You are winners!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #164  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone, I am just starting out again trying to lose my weight again, this time its a little more urgent as I'm getting married on january nineteenth and i really want to be under 200 lbs. I also want to commit for a year , or more as I don't want to gain it all back after the wedding . I read a few of your posts and find this thread to be quite inspirational , I know what you guys are feeling on not losing much. I'm on day 11 and have only lost 5 pounds then gained 2 back by eating foolishly with my big ego from losing 5 pounds! , I'm back on track today and really want to keep it up!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #165  

Welcome cheeriloos! I see on one of your tickers that there's a wedding coming up? Is it yours? Glad to have you here to hang out with the rest of us and lose some fat!