Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #301  

Height: 5'5"

Leben Alles - can't wait to hear how your strategy is working out. Your persistance in continuous tweaking is inspiring.

Lishar - So. Very. Cool. I am still salivating over your trip. And hooray for the time off plan. It can do so much to refresh our commitment. I am going to try to have a dinner like that on Friday. I'm paying for an expensive meal, so I am going to try to enjoy it. =)

Day 6 - Had part of a cookie. Still considering the day a success. Had some work things and just ran out of time to lift. I planned several alternate ways to get lifting in, but it didn't happen. Still ran a mile. And still considered the day a success. Low calories, some exercise. Good enough still gets the job done.

Day 7 - Planned cheat today! I was up at 4:30 because my calories from yesterday were too low (skipped lifting--skipped 300 calorie protein bar I had planned) and I woke up starving and couldn't get back to sleep. So, at work early, even though I stopped at the grocery store and restocked my food and water supply at work. Woo hoo! Ready to take on the world. Will lift today. Stay on plan--which, today, includes an ice cream cone. =)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Lishar - Machu Picchu would have been incredible as well, but I have no doubt that the trip will still be amazing. My trip this year is going to be a little less exotic (to Seattle) but with the aim of possibly making the town my home in a couple of years. That'll be some time in October, so hopefully by then I'll be in onderland...which will be the lowest I've been since high school 12 years ago.

Laurie - Day 6 sound like a success to me, definitely. I like the whole taking one day at a time business...makes things seem much more obtainable.

I'm still at 242 for whatever reason. I thought for sure I'd be down from that since it's day 3 of RFL, but I did have 3 dark chocolate kisses and an atomic fireball yesterday. Those are quite not on plan, but I didn't think they'd dent things this much. Oh well, another day and another chance to stay on plan and see what happens. Two more days of RFL and then I'll have the weekend for a moderated break.
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #303  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Laurie~ I am sooooooo glad you are back!!! Glad to see you again and you keep going with the excessive posts! It is great to hear that things are going so well with your work life and love life, I am happy to hear about your relationship too! And to answer your question, it does feel natural calling him my husband, but I still do the EEEEEEEEPPP everytime time I say it or I am called Mrs. Hubby's last name

Anyways I am glad you are back!!

Leben~ Glad you are back as well! I definitely know what you mean as far as knowing that THIS is the time, the actual time, to make things happen and make the lifestyle changes for good. You gotta keep pushing on and sometimes we are going to have off days or weeks when we are not at our highest point of energy or just not in the groove for a bit, but the most important part is getting right back to it where you left off! Also congrats on your NSV of getting into the 18 comfortably! I was sooooo excited when I was able to say goodbye to the 20s for good!

Lishar
~ OMG I want to go to the Galapagos so bad, that is going to be a wonderful and amazing trip for y'all! Planned time off is always a good thing to have, especially to keep from being burned out. I plan to do the same when my husband and I set up our time for our honeymoon this summer. That is a huge motivating factor for me currently. Congrats on the new low of 214! Just like you said I am sure the extra 3lb is just water weight, our weight fluctuates so much.

Day 30 of 365

My ankle has completely healed. I still feel a tug and pull in some positions but for the most part I am back into my P90X routine full force. I went ahead and did 35 minutes of Plyometrics to take it easy on my ankle just in case and I certainly feel strong enough to complete the full workout next week. Tonight's workout is Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper. My challenge tonight is tossing out my 4lb dumbbells for my 7lb dumbbells. I need to by 10lb and 15 lb dumbbells soon, as I want to start lifting heavier stuff. I realize the importance of strength training now, and I really want to tone up and become stronger overall!

My husband's health is getting a lot better. He has been on the beta blocker for a month and his heart has stopped racing and he only has a little bit of chest pain when he is doing a really rough PT session. Basically we are trying to figure out what the triggers are and we have the option if it comes down to it, to up the dosage of his medicine. Otherwise he has been doing great which has been a relief to the both of us, we started last week with a small workout together and are going to start full workouts together this weekend. I cannot wait because I have so much fun with him, and it's a great way for us to bond some more and spend that quality time together doing something that challenges us and is helping to make us healthier!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 01-30-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #304  

206.8! I always think it should be a lot more than it is. But that's ridiculous. 3 pounds in a week is really good, and I am officially happy about it. Even if I have an inappropriate focus on how much I still have left to lose, and it seems so very, very far away.

Day 7 good. Got in a good lifting session. Skipped the planned cheat, but ate a small cookie.

Day 8 - Gonna run at some point. No sugar. No chips.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #305  

Pink - It's good to hear that you and your husband are both doing better. I know that mess can get scary and that hurt ankles can get annoying so it's good to see you both coming out on the other side.

240.8 today. Almost lost all of the NYC weight...it's about time. AND .8 lbs til I'm just regular old obese instead of that morbid crap. Nothing like the word morbid to make you feel sexy.

Oh, and yesterday I fit snugly into my partners size 16 pants. Not quite flattering yet, but they buttoned and zipped, so ill take it.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #306  

Sorry for the super quick post this morning.

Pink Hurricane - Thanks for the welcome back! So thrilled for you to be planning your honeymoon with your new husband! And so exciting that you are back into hard-core exercise mode. Sending good vibes for you to stay injury free.

Leben Alles - Woo hoo on Size 16. That's the size I wear. =) And that's awesome that you are almost just obese. Although I have to disagree about one thing. I have always considered myself to be morbidly sexy. ;-)

Have decided to pull an all-nighter so that (hopefully) I won't have to work this weekend. So, the challenge will be to not compensate for extra awake hours with extra calories. Cinnamon herbal green tea - you are my very, very good friend. =)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #307  

Laurie - Morbidly Sexy....I LOVE it!

Day 5 of RFL because apparently I like punishment. Mainly it was because I wanted to resist 'dip day' at work, and that only works if I'm on something strict. Otherwise I give myself an inch, and end up with five pounds.

239.4 this morning. The holiday weight is officially off and I'm super duper excited. I'm going pant shopping this weekend...hopefully the 16's really do fit, becaues my 18's can now be taken off without unzipping or unbuttoning...that's usually a sign. Looking forward to having a few carbs this weekend, for sure...though the dip table is actually looking pretty gross at the moment. Weird how this diet can effect you mentally. First you're looking at people as meat, then the next thing you know buffalo chicken dip looks like cat puke. Sorry for that visual.

I hope everyone is well. Angie, you still out there?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #308  

Leben Alles - Yep. I found that to be true of RFL. Sugar just did not seem as tempting. Still, I often fought through the repulsion. Yay me? Congrats on getting below 240. Great milestone.

I think I would have eaten a truckload of pastries yesterday if they had been available. They weren't, and I didn't seek them out, so pretty good day.

Day 8 - Gotta lift at some point, though I am feeling pretty nauseous. Easier on the food side, though. :-)
Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #309  
*Embrace Power*

Leben~ Yaaaay congrats on getting back to your pre holiday weight! Plus you are out of the 240s! I bet you can fit into 16s, when you are able to slide off pants like that it seems like that's always the official sign of being a size smaller. *virtual high five*

Laurie~ How did the all nighter go? Whenever I have to do that, I find it's hard for me to keep from snacking on everything in sight haha. Good to hear that Day 8 has gone well and I hope you got your lift in!

Day 33 of 365
This weekend is going to be super busy, so I bit the bullet and went ahead and did my exercise for Friday and Saturday tonight, just to err on the safe side. I am very tired and I know I will be sore in the morning, but I feel so good since I took care of that! I'm about to finish up week 2 of P90X, and I am considering adding on an extra week to Phase 1 since my ankle injury kind of screwed up my first full week. I haven't decided yet so we will see when the time comes!

My new official weigh in days are now on Saturday. This morning (well, Friday morning) I was at 231.8 and 231.6, the scale couldn't decide which one lol. Hopefully I will be a little lower, but if now that's lower than last week!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #310  

Pink - the all-nighter tanked a bit. I took a nap. But I did stay on plan with eating. In fact, I successfully survived PMS without a binge - a huge break-through for me. Yay for you for progressing with P90X. That exercise regimen is not for slackers.

I finally had my planned cheat last night. And on Saturday, I had my planned expensive meal. I generally don't eat with people, and when I have in the past eaten with the guy I'm dating, I generally haven't eaten a lot. So, he told me later how shocked he was when I "scarfed" down my food. (He's a charmer, that one. ;-)) But I ate moderately, chose what I wanted, and really enjoyed the meal. Look at me being almost normal.

Day 11 - Back to strict adherance to plan. And my stomach has been bothering me today. It's kind of nice actually. It's not bothering me enough to restrict productivity, but enough that I am not hungry. I ate a little bit today, but it won't hurt me to have a low-cal day after indulging a bit on the weekend.

I weighed this morning. 207.0. Since I also started my period yesterday, I am ready to see some scale movement in the right direction! Since I am on the brink, gonna leave my ticker at 206.8. Not sorry.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #311  

205.4. Getting closer to Onederland!!!

Day 11 - Mindlessly ate candy. Just a little, but that's not the plan.

Day 12- Back to plan. No cheats. No sugar. No chips. Lifting today.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #312  

Weekends are my doom. And so is sickness. You'd think having a cold would make you not want to eat, but oh no. Especially not with Mardi Gras going on like crazy down here. I fell prey to the amazingness that is the king cake this weekend, and now I'm all bloated and not at all happy with myself.

Gotta dust myself off and get back on track today. Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #313  
*Embrace Power*

Laurie~ Haha I love that your man complimented you on 'scarfing' down your food. Nothing better than being sexy and being able to eat good too! I can't believe you are so close to Onederland, keep kicking booty girl!!!

Leben~ Weekends are super hard for me too since that is the time my husband and I try to get in as much quality time together as possible. So we are trying to think of fun ways to exercise together too! You already have the right attitude and mindset, we all have to dust ourselves off and keep going!

Day 36 of 365
I have been sticking with my nutrition but I know sodium is killer for me. I am going to have to drastically alter some of the foods I prepare to have less sodium and make sure to be taking in plenty of fiber, I believe that will help bring me the whoosh I need. Also I am adding on an extra week of P90X since my first two weeks were a little funky with my ankle injury. Now that it is completely better I feel more confident to do all the exercises without holding back!

Hoping Saturday's official weigh in will put me at 230 or less. Going to be kicking my butt everyday!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #314  

Pink Hurricane - So awesome about your P90X. I love me some Tony Horton. Glad your ankle is 100%. Injuries are the most annoying ever. Fingers crossed to get out of those stubborn 230s!

Leben Alles - Weekends can suck. Setbacks definitely suck. But I am constantly impressed by your ability to bounce back from setbacks. That's why you have had such long-term success.

Day 12 - Ate a few small candy bars again. Not a big deal calorie-wise, but THAT'S NOT the plan, Laurie! Gonna be up most of the night working, though, so thought I would post tonight and report my screw-up, then claim a clean slate and STAY AWAY FROM THE CANDY.

Day 13 - Treat day at the office! I NEED to stay out of that stupid kitchen. I don't even need to see the treats. I rely on my herbal tea to keep me on track during the day, though, so I need to develop myself a little plan. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Maybe ask someone to accompany me to the kitchen so I don't snack? I don't know. I am so close. I can't lose days of progress for food that I don't want.

K. That's the plan. ABSOLUTELY NOT A BITE OF THE SUGAR STUFF TOMORROW. Sorry I keep yelling at myself. So annoying. But it will work!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #315  

Pink - I hear you on the sodium. You'd be surprised though at the substitutions you can do to lessen that a lot. For me, the less salt I eat, the less I want it on and in my food.

Laurie - You wouldnt believe how many times I've wanted to give up. Well, you probably would since we all go through that, but still. I feel like ultimately not giving myself that option is what is keeping me going. After losing this much weight it's easy to be like 'give yourself a break, you've done great' but then that 'break' sets me back a weeks worth of loss and sends me into the spiral of guilt and shame. Bah!

I too have to yell at myself. My partner thinks I'm too hard on myself (I say that I have a drill sargeant in my head with the voice of Samuel L Jackson, telling me to nut up and find my freakin willpower) but really it's when I'm not hard on myself that I slip into old habits.

Yesterday went really well. I've decided to keep up with the RFL stints until next weekends engagement party for my friend. After that I've got to come up with a new less-deprived approach that focuses on lower carbs. I've thought about atkins, but I dont like the excessive fat on that diet. I thought about Ideal Protein too but it seems a LOT like RFL. Any suggestions? I would just do My Fitness Pal and watch my carbs, but I find that a program of some sort really helps me stay on track. That, and switching to something 'new' and 'exciting'.

Hope everyone is well.