Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #376  

Height: 5'5"

I think you made a great choice, Rodeogirl. The choices we make have to reflect our long-term goals and respect our need to be whole people. Even if it sent you way over calories for the day (and it sounds like it might not have anyway), skipping it could have led to days of binges or a conclusion that all of this just isn't worth it. This process is so incredibly mental!

Spreaking of, I continue to be on plan, and clothes are looser. I went to the thrift store today to get some basics. It was weird. I felt great that I fit into smaller sizes. A size 10 dress fit well. But it wasn't flattering. I have a pannus (an apron) that was emphasized by the dress
So it became sort of a melancholy trip. I have come so far. I have so far to go.

Still here, though. I feel like I am close to Onederland, or at least will be when the post-TOM whoosh happens soon. Days like this sometimes just make me more determined. I prefer to feel great about my progress. But it's just not happening right now. So I will rely on common sense and commitment. Giving up leads to misery. I stare at the runners and am jealous of what their bodies can do.

Right now, I am unhappy with my unsightly pooch. But I can go 8 mph on a treadmill for a minute, and can run for much longer periods at a slower pace. I can walk for hours at a time at a brisk pace. I can squat 135 pounds and do 3 sets of 10 push-ups each.

For now, I just need to focus on what my body can do rather than what it looks like. Hopefully, soon, I will again appreciate that my boobs stick out much farther than my stomach now. That my body packs a lot of its fat into the most 'acceptable' places - my boobs and my butt. That I no longer have multiple chins. That I have more muscle definition in my arms than most guys I know. I am seeing flaws right now. Genuine flaws. But so glad I wrote this cuz I feel better about my body already.

Unexpectedly long post. Glad I wrote it, for my own benefit. Appreciate having a place to do it.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #377  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Down two pounds this morning! 287.7!
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Awesome job, Rachel!!! Nothing like a nice loss to renew your motivation is there? And rodeogirl I agree wholeheartedly with your choice. This path we're on is about having a better life filled with adventures. We have to remember to enjoy the journey.

Today was my second 5k of nine in a row and I cut my time so life is good. Going to clean the house and start refinishing a cabinet today. Several spring projects on my list so it's time to get busy. Have you great Sunday everyone!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #379  

I think I am finally re-embracing the magic of one day at a time. I don't have to lose it all at once. If I string together a good week, I will probably lose a pound or two. And those add up, dammit! I want to be in Onederland, but 199 is not any more of an improvement over 200 than 204 is over 205. Why do I keep having to rediscover basic concepts? Or let me try that again. How lovely it is to rediscover basic concepts that make a genuine difference in my weight loss efforts!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #380  
Rachel

I'm up a pound. I think I consumed too much sugar last week. All of those little fun-sized Reese's added up to a bunch of unnecessary sugar. Sigh. Why must I compulsively eat candy? I haven't really touched my Easter candy yet, so I sat it right next to my scale to discourage mindlessly munching on it. Take that, candy! (....is it sad that I just can't give it away & part with it for good?)

New month, new week, new determination to stay committed!

Last edited by Keep Moving Forward; 04-02-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #381  

Oh, Rachael! I am right there with you on candy addiction. I did, however, touch Easter candy. But I have teenage boys, so it's all gone now.

Day 2 of post-Easter back on plan. Feeling good. :-)
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

I'm still hanging in there. I've been almost 100% on plan except for an incident with Talenti Gelato over the weekend that set me back. (NEVER buy that stuff...it's like crack) But still, here I am at 232. The funny, yet not so funny part is that this is a weight I can distinctly remember from my past where my then husband made it a point that I needed to lose weight. Of all the weights to be stuck at!
I'm a bit sad that I'm not lower than this for the wedding next week, but hey, at least I'm not 305lbs, yeah? I'll get there, it just takes a loooong freaking time and sometimes even though you do everything right, you just don't see the results until much later. Meh. Soldier on.
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #383  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I am sorry I have been absent. Getting ready for my trip. I have been slacking on the exercise front and so my weight loss has stalled. I am 206 again. and we will see if it sticks. Close to onderland but I am not going to kill myself before my trip. My close fit and I don't want to lose too much and have them be too loose. If that makes sense.

Lauriedawn I went to the thrift store and got a lot of shirts for my trip. Button up Tank tops and tshirts for $3 each. You can't beat it. I would rather spend my money on the trip than cloths I am only transitioning through.

I might go into shock not being able to weigh myself while I am away. I am not nervous because we will be very active. Hiking and snorkeling every day. I will just watch my portions and deserts.

I hope everyone has a great month and I will be back in May.

Last edited by Lishar; 04-06-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #384  

Lishar - I hope you have an amazing time on your trip. You've totally rocked the weightloss so enjoy yourself, relax and have a blast!

Hit 230 over the weekend. Still doing paleo and loving it. I've been so busy doing things to get ready for the wedding I'm in this week that I was only able to go to the gym twice last week. Still, somehow the weight is at least slightly budging. So extremely close to 220's...hopefully I see that number before I leave on wednesday!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #385  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Leben! I love your new avatar picture, you are so pretty!!

It has been quite a while since I have posted! Soooooo much has been going on, between dealing with job stress, my husband and I beginning the house search, and more things have been super busy!

I ended up reaching all the way back up to 250lbs. I had a doctor appointment and she told me to watch the documentary Hungry for Change and consider switching to a clean, whole foods plan since I have struggled with staying at a normal weight most of my life, which she attributed to eating processed foods and refined white sugar and white flours.

Sure enough, after being on a cleaner plan since Monday, I have already lost almost 5 pounds! My official weigh in day is tomorrow, but I feel so much better not only physically but mentally as well, and I'm not left hungry all the time because I am getting adequate nutrition! The only thing I have noticed is since I have eliminated a lot of the sugar, I have a slight headache currently, but other than that I am feeling great!

Also, my husband and I started doing the extra Insanity dvds that they send with the program this week, and since he has been cleared by his doctor to continue exercise, we are starting the full program next week! Even the extra dvds they send are butt kickers!

Anyways I hope everyone is doing well and I will be posting in here regularly again. But I am happy to have found an easy, suitable, lifestyle plan to stick with that finally works for me!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #386  

Hey Pink!

Thanks for the picture compliment I'm starting to feel pretty for the first time in quite awhile and it's very very nice. It's pretty exciting that you're starting to eat clean now. Are you doing away with all grains and legumes too or just white flour and processed foods? Either way it's awesome. If you need any recipes, I have a plethora that have been tried and tested for awesomeness.

I lost the weight from the wedding plus a lb and am now firmly in the 220s. I'm totally stoked. I can fit into size 16 pants with no prob and even have a few size 14 dresses. The dress size always goes down first for me. Things are really going well. And I've decided that the best thing for me is to be totally strict until I get to where I need to be. Relaxing or cheat days just screw me up too bad. We'll see how long I can keep that up

Hope the rest of you are doing well...miss hearing from everyone!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #387  
*Embrace Power*

Leben~ Thanks! And you are gorgeous, you should always feel so! As far as how clean I am eating, I am starting with getting rid of the processed and refined stuff, and then slowly but surely after about 4-6 months start getting rid of the bulk of grains if that becomes necessary I would love to see some of those recipes!
Yay for being in the 220s!!!!!! I can't wait to join you there, keep it up girl and keep kicking butt!!!

Going into two weeks of eating clean and I've lost more than 5 pounds, now my husband and I are officially beginning the full Insanity program on Monday. We have been doing the extra dvds that came with the program to help give us a good introduction, so I am hoping that the weight loss really kicks into gear, but more than anything I just want to be healthier and tone up!

My husband and I are going to a ball in June so that is added motivation to tone up some beforehand! I'm not setting a weight goal for then since it's not super far away, but I would love to lose an inch or two from my arms by then, which Insanity should be able to help with!

Where is everyone, and how has everyone been?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #388  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I just got back from Vacation. I took a break from logging. I watched what I ate and make healthy choices. We were very active walking and swimming every day. I have not weighed myself yet since getting home. Will do that soon and update.

I only wore my bathing suit for most of our last week. I love the boy shorts of my Tankini bottoms BTW. When dry they look like shorts. I went to put on regular shorts for the trip home and they were too big. I had to try on 2 more to find one that fit. Woo NSV

Last edited by Lishar; 05-01-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #389  
*Embrace Power*

Lishar you look sooooo great!!! What a difference!!

Where is everybody? We've all been MIA from this thread lately

Hope everyone is doing good!
Update for me is that I finally left my super stressful job and have already found a great, less stressful part time job, which is going to give me a lot of time to be able to truly work on myself and finally be able to keep up with our house and allow me to have more time with my husband! I've been eating cleaner in an 80/20 fashion (thanks Tony Horton) and have been feeling a lot better! Currently sitting at 245, now that I actually have more time to prepare food and time for exercise, I expect to start seeing a whoosh soon enough!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #390  
Rachel

Lishar, you look great! Hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Pink Hurricane, sounds like you're doing great! Glad you found a less stressful job, I'm sure that has made a world of difference for you!

As for me, I'm still exercising fairly consistently with my kettlebells, as well as riding my bike & doing some yoga. I just started the yoga last week & already it's getting easier & more enjoyable. Still tough, though!

Can't believe I'm only 4lbs down from my last post here, a bit over a month ago. My scale sucks, but I am losing inches like crazy so I'm trying not to let my scale get me down. I've been eating ok, not great; really need to tighten the reins a bit on what I eat. I was doing well eating clean (or at least eating mostly clean) but I've been slacking lately. No more! Getting back to eating as cleanly as I can today.