Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #331  

Height: 5'5"

Jessica - what a delight to unexpectedly see your encouragement! I love this forum, and surprises like this are one of the primary reasons why.

Valentine's Day did not go well. But yesterday did. =) I stopped at a gas station because I needed some chapstick. I saw my favorite "crack" snack cake, and thought about how badly the day before had gone. I picked it up and almost bought it, but put it down instead. And then turned down pizza later. Cuz I can do this!

Today is going well so far too. I will see Onederland! One day at a time.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #332  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Way to go Lauriedawn for putting down the snack cake. I see the big bag of twizzlers every time I go shopping. I have to force myself not to pick one up. Those are my crack. Once I start eating them I can't stop. 1500 calories of not stopping.

I am down to 212 which is good. I have 13 more pounds to onderland.

Today is the Last day of Campfire candy sales. I am so glad for this to be over. Standing for 2-4 hours with 2 girls who are bored trying to encourage them to sell candy is tough. This weekend we get to stand inside but most of the time we are outside the stores in the cold. I totally relate to people who don't want to buy any.

The hardest part is when people ignore them. I have started to enourage my girls to say "Have a nice day" to people when they walk by without saying anything. Its kind of embarrassing when a 6 year old says that after you were being rude.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #333  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Laurie~ Hope the white-knuckling is going well today! I am dealing with that myself, I definitely gained last week so I am doing the same as you, trying to stay completely on track until it becomes a habit again. Also I am highly considering giving New Rules of Lifting a shot, I love P90X but I do not have enough time in my schedule for it right now to truly commit. Good for you for having that self control and putting your 'crack' snack back! That is a hard thing to do when your body is already trying to get it for you and your brain says stop!

Lishar~ Yay for almost being in Onederland!! That's sweet about you helping the girls and getting them to say something nice when people just walk by. I always feel bad when I see them and cannot buy anything, but I always make it a point to smile and talk to them! Some people are just very rude and only care about themselves.

Day 49 of 365
I regretfully had to update my ticker after my official weigh in this weekend. I put on almost 6lbs last week, but I am almost positive that was all the calorie underestimation that caught up to me. Part of me just wanted to say SCREW IT and quit, then my logical brain stepped in and said quitting is not an option. Therefore, I am very motivated by this gain to not let myself go down that slippery slope again. I am solely focused on making sure my nutrition is in check, and that I exercise 5 days a week. I was doing P90X, which I love, but I am not able to do it everyday because my schedule has been insane, so I am going to pause on that for a bit and pick up something else for the time being.

I want to start New Rules of Lifting for Women. I have never done it before but I now know the importance of strength training, and I really want to make strength training a healthy and vital part of my routine. I know Laurie has done it so I figured this is the best place to get some input on the program. I found the book at my local bookstore, and I can buy it on Friday when I get paid! But I think doing that, plus some cardio such as running and a little boxing will really help to kick start my weight loss again!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #334  
Back to being healthy

Pink Huricaine- You gained 6lbs last week. 6lbs of fat takes 21,000 extra calories to put on. I think you probably have water gain and maybe a little extra fat. Continue to drink your water and watch your salt intake. If you hydrate yourself well it will come off. How much water do you drink a day? I need to get back into my routine of drinking 3-4 liters a day. What I mean is don't feel you over ate 6lbs of fat. You probably did overestimate but fix that and drink your water and it will come off quickly.

I guess this is day 206 out of 365. I have a feeling this commintment will be for longer than a year. I have 52lbs to go and I think it will take me more than 5 months to lose.

Last edited by Lishar; 02-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Back from Georgia where my mother-in-law is doing fabulously. Only got in one run in four days and definitely didn't eat as well as I should have but maintained my weight so I'm a happy camper! Headed to the treadmill soon for five glorious miles then to the grocery to get ready for the rest of the week. We're expecting a blizzard later in the week so I need to stock up!

Laurie Dawn I have been in that frame of mind more times than I can count and you're right. Sometimes all you can do is survive the day. But give yourself credit for all you've accomplished and know that we are all here cheering you on.

Lishar I'm so impressed that you can stand for hours selling goodies and not convince yourself you're entitled to treat yourself! Onederland is just around the corner!

Pink you can do this. You figured out the problem and fixed it. That's a sign of success. You know what you need to do and you're doing it!

God bless y'all! That treadmill is calling my name!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #336  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi *waves*

That's it, I want to join in. I started on 12/12/12 and haven't quit (i'm doing Intuitive Eating and leaning towards low-carb / paleo). I love strength training but i've just started. I saw a 5lb gain over 3ish days that can't be attributed to either fat or muscle. I don't think I can officially "quit" eating what I want when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm no longer hungry, so I'm proud to have made what feels like a serious lifestyle change. I hit 196 before those horrible 5lbs appeared, and it was wonderful. I'll be honest - the number on the scale matters to me. I've had a bad time with a lot of things recently and experience recurring depression (just brain chemistry - it seems largely unrelated to life events). Things knock me down. I don't think I could quit, but my challenges are:

* finding a way to make walking more interesting, as I started out loving it, but I'm getting bored with my routes / playlist and I've been slacking off.
* learning how to rest when the depression hits, and get back in the ring once the storm is over
* refining and continuing with my strength workout
* getting more work, as I want to start doing exercise that costs money at some point (gym, swimming, skating, snowboarding, hot yoga & martial arts all appeal)
* finding numbers that aren't scale-related to motivate me
* finding creative, tasty ways to get more water into my diet, as water with nothing in it makes me stupidly hungry

I will continue no matter what, until 12/12/13! THEN I'LL GO BACK TO EATING ****! Or, I suspect, I won't! I've read through this thread. You chicks are an inspiration. Thankyou

Last edited by the shiv; 02-20-2013 at 08:12 PM.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #337  

Welcome shiv and good luck with your year!

213 this morning which made me smile. Also did five miles in 71 minutes yesterday. Tomorrow is my 47th birthday and my goal is to knock another minute off my time. Then I'm going out with my husband for supper and eating something amazing.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #338  
Back to being healthy

Happy Birthday Traci. Great time for your 5 miles. I am up to 4 in just under 60. Have a great time out.

Welcome The shiv. I find drinking more water keeps me full. How much water do you drink? I try on a good day drink 3-4 liters. I know some people use that mio stuff but I just drink it plain. Good luck finding something.

I have started getting audio books on my iphone from the library. That helps me stay interested while I walk. I just use the treadmill so I don't have to pay that much attention while I walk.

I was down to 211 but after working 2 12 hours shifts where I did not get to eat much at all. Breaks are hard to get. No other exercise besides running around all day, and salt I am up 2lbs. I am sure those will come off as I am making an effort to really get the water in to flush out the extra salt. I am so excited to be this close to onderland.

I am going to cut my hair very soon. I was going to wait until I was under 200 but I think I will do it before. I deserve a treat.

Have a great day Ladies.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #339  

Lishar are you a nurse too? 12 hour shifts with no breaks? Sounds like my days!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #340  
Back to being healthy

Yes I am an ICU nurse. I work Per Diem. Somedays I am lucky to get lunch at 4pm. When I get home I eat quickly, put my kids to bed and fall into bed.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Paleo: Day 4 of 30

Hey Guys, sorry I went MIA again. Carb-loaded for a week before cleaning out the entire kitchen of ALL processed things, grains, etc. We decided to go all out for this. (I gave the food to my mom...didn't waste it!).
First thing I learned about Paleo is that starting out is EXPENSIVE. Everything you have in your house is probably not paleo friendly, even 'harmless' spice mixes and condiments. I replaced my oils with gluten free paleo friendly oils, my fridge is now covered in pretty greens and other fruits and veggies, and my pantry which used to hold all the rice and canned stuff and boxed stuff now has the oils and fresh spices. I think the expense will settle down next time since we wont be buying the oils, or nuts, or any of the other expensive stuff that is going to last awhile. Also, we just started a produce club with a local organic grocer near here, where we get a box of fruit and veggies delivered every two weeks. Exciting!
I gotta say, making this change has me really pumped. I already feel soo much better and it's only day 4. The only weird things have been actually using butter and eating bacon (I don't go totally nuts with that though) and figuring out what I'm going to put in my water since I just don't like it plain. (right now I'm doing 100% organic pineapple juice..just a splash to give it flavor).
I'm using Diane Sanfilippo's book 'Practical Paleo' and holy crap, EVERY RECIPE has been amazing. I just happened to stumble across it one day at the bookstore and I'm really glad I got it.
Anyways, that is my update. Hope everyone is well!
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #342  
Back to being healthy

I hope this works for you LebenAlles. I hear you about fresh food being expensive. Its cheaper to eat bad. Keep us updated on how its going.

I am still on plan. I actually upped my calories 100per day. I was happy to figure out with my body fat % I have only lost 5lbs of lean muscle with the 55lbs I have lost so far. Not bad. I think having a high protein intake and taking it slow has helped this.

So I am down to 209 today. Very happy to be down below 210 and on my way to 199. 10lbs to go. Woohoo.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #343  
*Embrace Power*

Day 59 of 365

Things with my body have been a little strange to say the least. I am going to set up a doctor's appointment later this month just to be safe and see if there is anything else going on. I would rather be safe than sorry. My weight has bounced around a good bit the past few months and while there are many things that could cause it, I did not get my regular TOM this month. It was supposed to happen Monday, I am almost always on time and this is a bit worrisome. I do have Mirena, it is my last few months with it so it could be that there is nothing left to 'get out' but I just want to make sure. My husband and I already agreed that when it's time to get it removed later this spring, I do not want another one. I rather stick with a low hormonal pill until my husband and I are ready to start having children, and I want to be healthy before we do!

So I think I might just be paranoid, but once again I would rather be safe than sorry. Other than that I have been eating a LOT more veggies and fruits, I've had a few days when I have gone over my caloric goal a little bit, but I am starting 6 Week 6 Pack officially tomorrow and hoping to see some good results!

This thread has been so quiet lately. How is everyone doing?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #344  
Back to being healthy

I have a Mirena and I don't have a period per say. This is my 2nd and I have not needed supplies for several years now. I love it. Its probably a good idea to get it out and use other methods if you are thinking about getting pregnant. The mirena can thin your urerine lining and you want a good think one when you get pregnant. Mine is very thin hense not needing supplies.

I am down to 209. I love being below a zero number. So 10 more pounds to Onderland. One nice thing is I am able to fit into my size 16 pants that have been in a box in the closet for years. I need to look around to see if I can find more.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #345  
*Embrace Power*

Thank you for that information Lishar! That is one reason why I want to try another method in the meantime, since I want to have children.

Yaaaayyyy for getting to 209!!!! You are so close to Onederland, you will be there before you know it!