3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

Nixie 03-02-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy Lynn (Post 2633786)
I have put off getting a physical for years (until I lose X amount of weight) because (a) I am embarrassed to get weighed and (b) I don't want the doc doing the pelvic exam when I am this heavy. (I am going in July, no lectures please. ;) )

Judy- No lectures from me-- I do exactly the same thing! I'll go if it's an emergency or something major, but haven't been for a routine pelvic or physical for a few years. I've made an appointment for a physical in August as one of those incentives to work towards losing (as though I need any more reasons why I want to lose weight! :dizzy: )

Buttercup 03-02-2009 11:59 PM

[COLOR="DarkRed"][I]I also would avoid my pap appointments and mammograms for years. My Mom died from ovarian cancer at a young age and still I was too embarrassed to go. Until this year. I decided to take care of me and along with weight loss was also getting ALL my female exams. Surprisingly all doctors were supportive. I would feel terrible if I had been diagnosed with something that caught early could have been cured. Part of learning about taking this weight off is giving myself permission to take care of ALL aspects of my health. It sucks to get on the scale but it is fun once you know you are taking the steps to lose it. Now I don't mind at all!

HVEECK 03-03-2009 12:38 AM

yup, im another one that puts off the papsmere's. I need to make an appointment soon!!
speaking of the chup rub. One year, about 3 or 4 yrs ago we went to sea world. I made the huge mistake of wearing jean shorts! Needless to say we walked all day and they rode up the whole time. On top of that we saw the dolphin show, and got soaking wet. so, then I had to walk all day in wet jean shorts!!! you can imagine what that did to my inner thighs. by the end of the day, i was in so much pain I was almost in tears, we cut the day somewhat short because of it...then when I got in the car and looked at my legs, they were actually bleeding!! For a while there my DH thought I was exaggerating a bit until he saw the blood. Totally wont miss that. I cant wait to be able to walk around an amusement park all day (wearing whatever) and not worry about chub rub!!

JosieP 03-03-2009 05:08 AM

For the belly button problem, try getting in there with some Qtips and facial astringent or toner, or just witch hazel would be ok. I think dead skin cells build up there and that can cause odor problems. Maybe everyone knows this already but I didn't see anyone mention it, and people don't seem to talk about these things in real life of course!

redreine 12-27-2009 03:06 AM

*bump*

I have been thinking about this thread a lot since I've come back to 3fc, and finally just had to search and find it!

Let's hear some more, ladies and gents!

tiggergirl9 12-27-2009 05:59 AM

Hi to you Red whom I believe to be absolutely lovely right this minute, we are at the same weight, although I insist I am 5'8" no matter what that silly height stick says lol.

Okay, got to the FUPA with much research as I have never heard and didn't get through the thread....but what is the below the belly button above the fupa roll? Does it have a name? Just curious what my archnemesis calls himself when he's at home lol.

And just to add...

Although I have been "intimate" at weights from 105-280 and each in between, I definitely miss the more hmm.. "active" portions.

I miss being able to enter any store and purchase jeans off the rack.

I miss being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want without comment, look, disdain, or double take.

Just to throw in a curve ball...I don't miss being too thin to stand without fainting. I aim for a middle healthy ground but I appear to wobble too far to one side of the fence or the other.

Reddalice 12-27-2009 09:06 AM

OMG! I near pee'd from laughing to hard at Michelle98272's "I need a FUPA bra!"

LizR 12-27-2009 11:52 AM

Redreine thanks for bumping this thread. It is awesome. I also put off all my medical and dental issues for many years because I was embarrassed. I finally went and I feel great about it. I had a full physical, pap, mamogram and teeth cleaning. Every single person I saw was nice and respectful. In retrospect I can't believe I was worried about it.

Bazz Major 12-27-2009 01:01 PM

I LOVE this thread! It really made me laugh becuase it's so true ;D I knew what FUPA was but I still cringe when I hear people talk about it ;)

Ladies, I cannot believe this but after reading the majority of this thread, I stuck my finger in my belly button and smelt it! Hahaa! The smell wasn't pleasant but it's not that bad and doesn't bother me at all. My step-father said you get the same kind of smell from the underneath of your toenails! Makes me feel ill when I think about all the bacteria collected under my toenails and in my belly button!

Ooh yes, I rarely wear shorts or skirts because I hate it when my thighs rub together!

lovemyboy 12-27-2009 02:28 PM

Wow! Things I won't miss:
1) The friction from my thunder thighs putting holes into my blue jeans and nylons. On a similar note- wearing shorts under skirts to prevent burn.

2) Avoiding the camera lest my chins show.

3) Walking strangely to keep my shorts from riding up.

4) Shopping in specialty stores.

5) That sinking feeling when faced with any of the following at medical appointments: trying to cover yourself in one of those tiny gowns; stepping on the scale; or waiting while they look for the large blood pressure cuff.

Some posters mentioned broken toilet seats. I broke one when I weighed around 15 pounds less than I do now. I replaced it and then broke the replacement seat within 2 weeks. :o. I sprung for a more expensive version that time and never had further problems.

MommaD 12-27-2009 02:59 PM

This thread has made me feel good. Not that people have had embarassing things happen to them, but it feels good to know that I am not alone.

Passionista 12-27-2009 03:52 PM

I'm a college student and the tiny desks that they expect full grown adults to fit into just are ridiculous. Well, one day I sat in one that was very old and smaller than the newer ones in most classrooms. When I got up, 1/3 of the wooden seat broke off. :( It may have happened to anyone but the fact that it happened to me, a very large person, just feels awful, awkward and embarrassing. Luckily only one person witnessed it happening. I guess it's not so funny and this is supposed to be a funny thread. Oh well, sorry! That's my fat story!

redreine 12-28-2009 12:19 AM

I won't miss when it's cold out and you have to wear a bunch of clothing ADDED ON TO YOUR FAT SELF, making it hard to even move around.

I was in the bathroom at my future in-law's house, and trying to put my arm behind myself with a coat and a sweatshirt on, along with my big ol' belly! made it incredibly hard to breathe. :(

Suezeeque 12-28-2009 12:27 AM

One big thing for me in just the past two days is that when flying you won't be allowed to put a pillow or blanket in your lap and since the tray won't go down for me to be able to have my meal, I usually put both in my lap and it works fine to rest the tray on. Also, not being able to go to the bathroom an hour before landing can be a problem. When I have to go, if I don't , I pee on myself sometimes. Those pads only hold so much. Also, the thought of having to stand in the security line for hours, well I can't stand that long. In this country there are two kinds of people as far as these regulations are concerned: you are either completely able-bodied or you are in a wheelchair.

catowned 12-28-2009 12:34 AM

This thread is awesome! I :)'ed so much! It just makde my whole night! :hug:
For the yeast try a generic anti-fungal cream like walmart or dollar store generic lotrimin and that should help! It's not anti-fungal but I use generic A&D cream on my thighs and it helps a lot.