3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

Radiojane 12-28-2012 05:40 PM

I'm looking forward to:

NOT having to fake a cough after walking a long distance or climbing stairs to hide the fact that I'm panting.

NOT wearing bras out every month to the point where I have to throw the old one out and wear the new one out of the store

NOT getting a smelly rash under my belly crease in the summer heat

NOT freaking out when shopping for clothes, realizing you've gotten all the way up to a 6x, and that the only store in your area doesn't go any higher than that.

NOT looking like Shrek in every single photo with another person in it.

NOT having the office buy you a "plus size" chair after you break the first normal one.

And..... drumroll...... the worst....

NOT HAVING A MUPPET ON YOUR FRONT!!!!!!

What do I mean by this? A front on picture of me in the buff looks like my boobs are eyes, my belly button a nose and my big ol' double gut a face. Scary obese muppet.

samanthahwrd91 12-28-2012 10:55 PM

Same here

Quote:

Originally Posted by lottie63 (Post 2582016)
topamax DOES have absolutely HORRIBLE cognitive side effects. Back when they were thinking it helped bipolar I was on it. I lost 20 lbs but I was a total ditz! I had a really difficult time "word finding" I would look at a fork and not know for the life of me what it was called! I hated it!

When I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder they stuck me on that god-awful pill. I was in 10th grade and I vaguley remember walking to the nurse to tell her I fealt funny and then waking up in the middle of the school hallway during class change. I would rather lick the floor then take that stuff again. I don't care how much weight it can make a person lose.

MrsTryingAgain 12-28-2012 11:30 PM

Having to lift my gut to rinse under it in the shower. Hate soap under there!
Always being the one behind the camera because I don't like how heavy I am.
Thinking I can hike, dance, play sports & realizing that I can't because I really can't move quickly, gracefully. And I get winded way too easily.
Having some favorite clothes that I can't wear. :(
Hating to tie my shoes just because I have to try more than once to reach them or grunting like a pig stuck in a fence.
Joints, back & muscles hurting far too much. In other words, feeling old before my time!!!
Looking in the mirror & having to accept the fact yet again that I'm FAT.

Misti in Seattle 12-29-2012 12:49 AM

Hi everyone.

I haven't gotten to read through the entire thread yet... catching up a bit at a time. But there are some things that I have already achieved and some I am still looking for.

LOL I laughed about the rolling over in bed and having to carry my boobs with me! Mine are so massive that I am planning surgery, but want to lose more weight first.

Another one... when I have been at someone's house where the toilet seat did not look very sturdy, I have actually raised it up and sat on the hard rim for fear that I would break the seat. :)

melfitstar 12-29-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lottie63 (Post 2572919)
THE WORST! hehe

Seriously! (Bathroom stall size)

Ooh, I have one! Saying "I'm fat right now and I don't want chocolate" and hearing "awhh, no you're perfect as you are" gah, shut up! Let me be fat, let me do something about it. I'm not being a downer, I'm literally obese and I'm not sure how else to convey it.

betsy2013 12-29-2012 11:19 AM

Won't Miss These

I'm not laughing at all of the problems -- all of which I share except for the cracked toilet seats..... but I am smiling at knowing I'm not alone. When these things happen -- especially ones that are public in nature -- don't you just feel as though you're the only one in the world to whom this is happening. After steadfastly insisting that I could do this by myself for the last 30 years, I've finally decided to open and joined this group 3 days ago. Maybe I've finally made a good decision about eating issues! Thanks for the shared problems.

AwShucks 12-29-2012 11:43 AM

I've expereinced nearly all of these - sigh...
-cracked toilet seats
-broken chairs
-broken bed (in a hotel on a high school trip, we were jumping on the beds)
-trouble tying shoes - just left them untied
-broken porch swing - both my aunt and I hit the ground!
-painful yeast infections on my skin - I keep ointment handy, just in case
-'chub rubbed' pants (I got really good at mending with patches on the crotch, but then my pants were so stiff! :) And, there was always the chance that one of my mends would give way when I was out in public -- it happened!
-trouble getting out of the bathtub or up off the floor
-painful hip bruises from too small theater/stadium seats

Oh, too many humiliations to mention.... There are a few I haven't seen listed so far...

I got stuck in a tire swing once. I was alone in the country, unfortunately in plain view of a roadway. I went to get out of the swing, and couldn't. I couldn't go out feet first due to my hips, and I couldn't lift the tire over my head. I really thought I was stuck there for good, or would have to call for help! Panic! I finally wiggled until I fell out of it backward. My pride was hurt, but at least I was out. Haven't been on any kind of swing since!

Also, in this age of digital cameras and facebook, has anyone else been mortified to find themselves captured in unflattering poses posted on the internet for the world to see? Argh! Once when some cousins visited, one posted a picture of my back end bent over removing something from the oven in the kitchen! Gah! What would posess someone to post a photo like that? I'm always terrified that I'll see myself in someone's photos - everyone has a camera! One just cannot hide anymore...

samanthahwrd91 12-29-2012 11:53 AM

I love this thread. I am laughing so hard I started to cry. I'm so glad to see others who hav the same issue as me. I'M NOT ALONE!!!

Okay so the list of things I WILL NOT MISS:
1) Not being able to shop pretty much anywhere.
2) I will not miss my thighs rubbing together when I walk.
3) I will not miss my hairy legs due to lack of shaving bc I just can't bend that way.
4)I will not miss the standing ovation I get when I run from my bellyfat "clapping" against other fatty bits.
5) I will no miss looking like a whale in pictures where I am laying down.
6) I will no miss rushing to untag FB pics because yet again I look like a whale/blob creature.
7) I will not miss the gross sweat that I gather between my thighs and under my boobs.
8) I will not miss the way people look at me when I pick my husband up from work(he works at McDonald's... No I don't eat there because the food is awful)
9) I will not miss looking like the number 10 when standing next to my 120 pound husband.
10) I will not miss the "you have such a pretty face" comment.
11) I will not miss having t send $50-$70 on jeans just because I am fat.
12) I will not miss having to be the only person who doesn't buy anything when I go shopping with friends because they only shop at stores that don't carry my size.
13) I will not miss being trapped in my car when I wear my seatbealt.

The list goes on!!!!

Spicylyfe 12-29-2012 11:55 AM

I am smiling and crying at the same time here....

And yes Awshucks....

That is what has triggered me to start the journey today, my daughter had posted a picture where I am in the background on her Face book page, I didn't know it was even me At first and when I looked closer I cried for hours over it.

Also, I had gone to the Dr. the other day and had to be weighted the girl looked at my weight and without thinking said, OMG you look like you weight a lot more than that...

Misti in Seattle 12-29-2012 12:00 PM

I have asked people to remove photos of me they have posted on FB without my permission. It is incredibly rude IMO and also FB is totally unsecure and shares info with everyone on the face of the earth.

Spicylyfe 12-29-2012 12:04 PM

Yes, I agree with the whole FB thing, My daughter did a little PS to it and cut me out, which made me feel sad also, knowing at the state I am in now that I can't be in a picture with anyone I love...

AwShucks 12-29-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicylyfe (Post 4567389)
Also, I had gone to the Dr. the other day and had to be weighted the girl looked at my weight and without thinking said, OMG you look like you weight a lot more than that...

Oh dear, I think I would've decked that little medical assistant! No, I probably wouldn't have, but I would've liked to. This is the kind of thing that the office manager or Dr. should be aware of. If no one tells her not to do it, she'll just do it to someone else.

At the risk of further humiliation, I would probably just not go back to that doctor's office. But, if you could find the strength to lodge a complaint, it might teach her a lesson and save someone else from unnecessary humiliation.

Just be confident that if/when you do go back to that dr. office, you'll be that much lighter in the new year!

Spicylyfe 12-29-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwShucks (Post 4567420)
Oh dear, I think I would've decked that little medical assistant! No, I probably wouldn't have, but I would've liked to. This is the kind of thing that the office manager or Dr. should be aware of. If no one tells her not to do it, she'll just do it to someone else.

At the risk of further humiliation, I would probably just not go back to that doctor's office. But, if you could find the strength to lodge a complaint, it might teach her a lesson and save someone else from unnecessary humiliation.

Just be confident that if/when you do go back to that Dr. office, you'll be that much lighter in the new year!

Thank you AwShucks, I did say something to the Dr, And he made note of it and said she doesn't have the understanding because she is very thin.

I said maybe she needs to be in another proffesion...:^:

I do however look like I weigh a lot more than I do... for some reason... even the Dr. are baffled by it... not that I don't weigh plenty it just looks like I weigh a lot more... if you know what I mean...:?:

But your right this time next year I am going to be toned, tanned and sexy ... !!!:p

triplestep 12-29-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicylyfe (Post 4567500)
I said maybe she needs to be in another profession...:^:

This made me laugh out loud, but it's true! She needs to find work that doesn't require her to engage the filter between her brain and her mouth, because healthcare professions do! And honestly, "she doesn't understand because she's thin?" I'm not loving your doctor right now either - he shouldn't be excusing this.

I jumped to the end of this thread, so this may have been mentioned already: I, too, will happy to shop in stores with "normal" sizes, but just as important, I'll be happy when I'm not offered 3/4 sleeves in about 90% of the "long sleeved" items in my size. Seriously, who decided that larger women look better in 3/4 sleeves? They make pretty much everything look too small, even when it does fit!

linJber 12-30-2012 01:32 PM

@ Spicylyfe - obviously the tech weighing you didn't think about what she said. It's unfortunate that many times that happens. I'm sure we're all guilty of blurting out something we didn't mean to at one time or another. I agree you might have said something to her to keep it from happening again. The first thing that came to my mind was, "I can't believe you just said that. You look like you're smarter than that. My mistake."

Lin