3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

amyk0202 01-27-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiki100 (Post 2579414)
OH! We have our Coleman chairs (like a directors chair almost) that has a very sturdy frame! LOL!!! I ONLY sit in those. ;) My hubby is a big guy too and has a Budda belly. He says he has a washboard stomach...he's just doing a load of towels right now. The thing is, I made him weigh himself 'cause he said he was watching what he ate but I didn't think he was holding himself accountable until he had to look. SO...he weighs LESS than me!! I was SO pissed!!! LOL! He said "what? you're mad because I weigh less than you?" I said "shut up!!!". We laughed about it but inside...I was annoyed. That's okay. We'll see how long it lasts! LOL! I'm almost there!

I sooo get this. I hate that I weigh more than dh & I am 8" shorter than him. It's so much easier for him to lose weight too :mad:. It makes it hard for me to get excited for him (which is really selfish, I know) when he loses weight. He is only a little overweight & is trying to just switch it all to muscle instead (not lose weight, gain mass). He's buying those Muscle & Fitness magazines--ugh!

redreine 01-27-2009 05:00 PM

Thankfully, I've never had the food problem. Then again, I've never had a large appetite. My body is healthy and my metabolism is naturally high and I am naturally not a big person.

Two years before I had to be put on medication for epilepsy, I had grown out of my baby fat, and was the average size for a girl my age and height. Little did I know that those two years would be the best years of my life, as pertaining to weight.

Most people don't believe me when I talk about my issues with my medicine. (with the exception of my mother and my doctor), but honestly. I have been taken off my meds twice in my life. The first time, I lost 35 pounds in a month, and the second time, I lost 50 pounds in 3 months.

My eating habits didn't change either time. The second time I was working in a factory where we walked an average of 8 miles a day, so I'll contribute some of the weight loss to that.

Everyone tells me that I should want to be overweight and seizure-free instead of normal weight and having seizures, but in my mind they are equally as bad. With all the seizure medications out there today, I can't imagine there isn't a single one that can keep my weight down and keep me seizure-free.

eringirl 01-27-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiki100 (Post 2579414)
He says he has a washboard stomach...he's just doing a load of towels right now.

LMAO! I LOVE that!!

:D

Nayex 01-27-2009 06:17 PM

UGH i hate it when people are looking at your food choices.... ARG i was in the grocery store one time, and this lady literally looked down IN my cart as she was walking by, and than eyeballed me with a nasty look... i was about really to kick her in her face. i have to buy for a family of 5 and im the only one dieting.. freaking people.. part of the reason i hate leaving my house. makes me feel like a freak.

anyways.. back to the funny!

Bee20nine 01-27-2009 07:51 PM

I dont know if any of you have heard of this site

http://www.livingxl.com/store/en_US/index.jsp

It has everything and its made for people that are of bigger stature kinda expensive but it would be worth it I think.

Buttercup 01-27-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimari (Post 2578142)
I"m on crutches right now... so I fear I'll slip and fall on the ice and whack my knee again... and someone will have to help me get up. I could just imagine two big burly men groaning under their breathes while trying to hoist me up.

I can't wait til the day I can be swept up like a feather and carried to safety (somehow this imaginary version seems to be missing the big burly men *lol*)

Hey...let's look on the bright side...now WE can weep men off their feet, throw them over our shoulders and have OUR way with them!:carrot: I know what you are saying though.

Buttercup 01-27-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttercup (Post 2580284)
Hey...let's look on the bright side...now WE can sweep men off their feet, throw them over our shoulders and have OUR way with them!:carrot: I know what you are saying though.

I meant sweep but I guess we can make them weep too! (wink,wink)

Buttercup 01-27-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle98272 (Post 2579170)
My bf is almost 400 lbs, I'm 240 something (weighing in shortly!)...Bedroom activities are not easy. He's all belly, I'm all belly and a**, the geometry required to put 'Part A, into Slot B' is ridiculous. Both of us are very open minded but most nights we just kiss goodnight as the effort needed is just too much :-(

I miss the days of hot sweaty active skinny guy and skinny girl sex!! I'm a sex kitten trapped in a fat suit!!

Here, Here, that is me too! Just think how much fun we are going to have though when we reach our goal, because we can truly appreciate what it took to get to the "prize"!!!!

2ndChance09 01-28-2009 12:16 PM

I can't wait until my husband can lift me! I am going to make him carry me everywhere just because he can lol!

kiki100 01-28-2009 01:45 PM

I want to be one of those couples where I sit on his lap and pretend I love him. ;) Hee hee.

Redflame 01-28-2009 01:49 PM

Coleman chairs: YUP got those too; and we often take them to places even if there are enough chairs, we have our own fat butt chairs

Bedroom: non-existant almost, and that is not acceptable! He did attempt this last weekend and that was the first time in SIX months----holy crappage! His weight effects his hip and knees and apparently he is just too much pain to do anything.......he has taken off 20 pounds in the time I took off 10, and it is starting to help. But he has just avoided the issue the last few months. No pun intended but it is like the big elephant in the room

SnowboundChick 01-28-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redreine (Post 2579342)
Thanks!

It's like I was saying before. Fat or thin, we are goddesses to our men. Women are this gigantic mystery, and they love every ounce of it...AND us. We are so beautiful to them no matter what. We have to stop being so down on ourselves, because honestly, THAT is what gives other people the right to think badly of you. It's when you think badly of yourself.

We are all beautiful AMAZING women. Just by taking part in this weight loss journey it shows we have such amazing strength and courage. And judging by the posts on this site we are all full of humor and charisma and LOVE.

Love yourselves ladies. And remember, you are ALL goddesses.

What a great post!! My hubby loves me no matter what and my weight has never affect the activities in the bedroom. Having kids sure did but not the weight. He's always made me feel confident in that department and I'm definitely his Goddess!~

nods 01-28-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redreine (Post 2579504)
Thankfully, I've never had the food problem. Then again, I've never had a large appetite. My body is healthy and my metabolism is naturally high and I am naturally not a big person.

Two years before I had to be put on medication for epilepsy, I had grown out of my baby fat, and was the average size for a girl my age and height. Little did I know that those two years would be the best years of my life, as pertaining to weight.

Most people don't believe me when I talk about my issues with my medicine. (with the exception of my mother and my doctor), but honestly. I have been taken off my meds twice in my life. The first time, I lost 35 pounds in a month, and the second time, I lost 50 pounds in 3 months.

My eating habits didn't change either time. The second time I was working in a factory where we walked an average of 8 miles a day, so I'll contribute some of the weight loss to that.

Everyone tells me that I should want to be overweight and seizure-free instead of normal weight and having seizures, but in my mind they are equally as bad. With all the seizure medications out there today, I can't imagine there isn't a single one that can keep my weight down and keep me seizure-free.

Oh I so hear this. I was on seizure meds for a while too. I didn't really have a disorder per se. I had a couple seizures out of nowhere (no history or family history) and with CT scans and MRIs and a LP, the doctors couldn't figure out the cause. So I got put on Lamictal. The doctor told me I might gain some weight. Apparently "some weight" means like 80 pounds. Ouch.

There's a drug called Topimax out there, but I don't know if its used for epilepsy. Its supposed to be used as an appetite suppressant. Google it and ask your doctor maybe?

SnowboundChick 01-28-2009 02:00 PM

kiki100- I totally get you on being a little jealous! When I started a challenge with my brother back in December, he weighed less that me and I was so mad. I know good for him but I just felt bad about it. He's like 6'2" and he's a big guy and I thought I weighted less because I don't think I looked as big but I was about 9lbs bigger than him. I think I'm about the same has him right now because he put his weight back on, so I'm working on it everyday. It doesn't even bother me that my hubby weighs way less than me but my brother bothers me. Weird huh?

SnowboundChick 01-28-2009 02:03 PM

I have problems with numbing. My hands started going numb not too long before I reached my highest weight and now it's still here. I can't wait til it goes away it really bothers me. Oh and the numbe feet when break in shoes just seems worse. I worked out last night in some new shoes and after I took them off I had pins and needles for at least 10 minutes! I can't wait to get the weight down!