3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

eclipse 02-04-2010 06:12 PM

I can't wait to take a bath without fear of not being able to get back out!

Val424 02-04-2010 06:25 PM

eclipse - I am so with you on that one. I travel all the time with work and some of the bathtubs in the hotel rooms are so tiny I wander if I'll even be able to get in it. And when I do it makes you feel just horrible about yourself that I usually just take a shower instead.

LovebirdsFlying 02-04-2010 07:05 PM

I won't miss hearing "We don't have any job openings," and wondering if they really *don't* have any job openings, or if they just don't want someone my size like my mother always told me.

Eliana 02-04-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipse (Post 3135876)
I can't wait to take a bath without fear of not being able to get back out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Val424 (Post 3135896)
eclipse - I am so with you on that one. I travel all the time with work and some of the bathtubs in the hotel rooms are so tiny I wander if I'll even be able to get in it. And when I do it makes you feel just horrible about yourself that I usually just take a shower instead.

Or what about hotel showers that are so small you touch the sides and the icky curtain? Blech!

Nashpati 05-02-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lottie63 (Post 2575343)
Also I'm really surprised I dont' get rashes. I mean I have flops of fat everywhere! *LOL*

I guess I should stop questioning it and just consider myself lucky!!!

I haven't gotten any rashes, either, despite being nearly 400 lbs. at my heaviest. Now I'm afraid I'll get a rash somewhere terrible on my way down the scales... lol

I'm looking forward to the day when I can cross my legs like an actual lady, fit in the desks at school and still be able to breathe, and when I can find a bra that actually fits me. I need like a 50B or something, I swear. Every bra I have is either too tight in the band or too huge in the cups. Or both! It's awful. I'm worried I'm going to get down to my goal weight and realize my breasts are actually supposed to be concave or something. Ugh!

TXMary2 05-02-2010 09:51 AM

Skin tags around my neck.

Shoes that tie.

Booths at restaurants where my boobs take a seat on the table.

Turnstiles.

Laying down on the bed to zip my pants.

Stepping of metal bleachers and they move a little when you do.

Your 6 yo says, "Mommy you're fat." Me: "Really? You're pretty observant kid."

KatMarie 05-02-2010 01:14 PM

OMG, I thought I was the only one that had to go thru all these kinds of things! I don't have any really obese friends or family members, just me, so I never talked about these things with anyone. I can relate to everything in this thread, lol! The worst things I hate....have to put the armrest up at the movie theater because I can't squash comfortably in one seat...can't fit at most booths at restaurants, so I just don't eat out anymore...can't find clothes that fit, and when I do they're ugly...basically, I'm just not comfortable when I get away from my home because I'm too big for everything. Yes, I have to put antiperspirant in weird areas and I'm hot all the dang time! I keep my house at 67 degrees and freeze hubby out. I can't wait to feel normal again.

Katz 05-02-2010 03:47 PM

Lot's of things sound so familiar. Feels good not to be alone.
I hate taking pics :mad: People always take pics of my big butt.
I don't like my bat wings, triple chin, rubbing holes into jeans, hard times finding clothes.

MomtoThree 05-02-2010 03:52 PM

Oh, I can soooo relate to this thread. It is nice to know that there are others that struggle with the same problem.

My kids are always telling me that I need to lose weight. After my fourth baby I got to under 200lbs. When I had my fifth over a year ago I am still working on loosing weight. Anyway my 8 year old always ask when her thin mom will come.

MablesGirl 05-03-2010 02:20 AM

I can't wait to:
fit into a booth at a restaurant
walk up the stairs at work without being out of breath
not sweat in my own house because the hubby is already cold
ride in an airplane without my leg touching the person beside me
be comfortable with my seat belt on in the car
wear a bra that's comfortable
walk more than 3 miles without the balls of my feet hurting

asharksrevenge 05-03-2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosexual (Post 3129538)
Arm flaps. It seriously made me consider what I'm wearing when I wave. LOL.

My mom, who is also over 240 lbs., calls the swinging arm fat a "four arm wave"! Isn't that hilarious?! :lol3:

I've never dealt with inner-thigh rashes or wearing out clothing in that area, but I could relate to so much on this thread!

I couldn't fit on a ride that I waited long for too...and after they kicked me off for not fitting, my skinny-minnie sister and her friend stayed on! :mad:

The heat kills me. I live right smack in the middle of California, and typical summers here easily hit 105 degrees. Not fun!

I hate having to build momentum to get out of a chair, and forget my college desks. Half my *** hangs out of those, and in a 3 hour class, it's all I can do not to get up and scream!

Hiya 05-03-2010 08:01 AM

"Booths at restaurants where my boobs take a seat on the table."

Okay, this made me snort coffee out my nose.

Hey, we can tweak the ol' phrase, "belly up to the bar" and make it...what? "Boob up to the bar?"

Thanks for the laugh!

TXMary2 05-04-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiya (Post 3274260)
"Booths at restaurants where my boobs take a seat on the table."

Okay, this made me snort coffee out my nose.

Hey, we can tweak the ol' phrase, "belly up to the bar" and make it...what? "Boob up to the bar?"

Thanks for the laugh!

LOL- yeah, I guess it can sound funny, but when your boobs are on the table it makes it hard to eat!

I look forward to there being airspace between my boobs and the table- so that I can look down at my lap!

SheenaBeena 05-21-2010 09:07 PM

This thread has me laughing & crying all at the same time!

I'm new to this site,this is my first post,been overweight pretty much my entire life,but only recently have I weighed the most I have ever weighed.

Things I will not miss:

The thigh rubbing thing when I wear shorts or skirts
Sweating under boobs, bellybutton sweat, and rolls of fat sweat and the butt thing! Eww butt sweat!

Going to standing room only concerts and have my feet and body start to ache after only 20 minutes of standing,can't enjoy the show because I am so focused on the pain I am in!

Definitely to small bathroom stalls

The sores around my belly button caused by my too tight jeans rubbing there

I can breath while tying my shoes

I can actually wave goodbye to people without worrying about arm flab flying

Sex will be better because I can get on top without worrying about squishing my partner

I can wear normal clothes because the plus size department in most stores seem to think I want to wear huge stripes and over sized flowers or dots to draw attention to myself

I will not miss riding in the car on the passenger side and the car starts squealing when my weight shifts over to that side, OMG I hate that

And going to the gynecologist will be much better because I won't have to try to squeeze myself into the paper top,I mean really why can't they make 2 sizes of those things?

Sweating in 65 degree temps,come on!
:)

LovebirdsFlying 05-21-2010 11:49 PM

Welcome, SheenaBeena. :)

I thought about this thread when I mentioned finally having a knee-length skirt that is not as wide as it is tall.

I don't have the thigh-rubbing thing, even though I wear skirts more often than slacks, but I do get a bad heat rash sometimes under what I call my dunlap. That's the saggy part of my lower abdomen, from the Southern-style joke, "He's got dunlap's disease. His stomach dun laps over his belt."

What about being flexible enough to trim your own toenails? I can, and so can my husband, although I know people in our size range who can't.

Oh, and it will also be nice to be able to sit on a backless stool somewhere, and not look from behind as if I've been impaled on a stick.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:V...-BZ-59.jpg.jpg