3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

Spicylyfe 12-30-2012 02:06 PM

LinJber & Triplestep, Thank you....

I didn't mean to high jack the thread off of its intended topic.. LOL

But the other thing that just came today with being Morbidly obese...

The TSA agents at the airport today as I went through the Xray thingy...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........!!!!!! :mad:

They were all laughing so hard I think one of them might have wet himeself...

Kat117 12-31-2012 11:25 AM

I will not miss.......

Not being considered for a job because "I don't project the image the company wants to portray" or job recruiters saying to me "well it's obvious you havne't been saying no to the brownies".

Yes, I had both of those word for word comments when job hunting. In addtion to being told that as an executive assistant it is more important to be skinny and look like a Barbie doll than it is to be educated, intelligent and have 20 years expereince working for Fortune 50 companies.

Kat117 12-31-2012 11:28 AM

oh, and I won't miss having to hold my boobs down when I sleep so I don't sufficate in my sleep! LOL

samanthahwrd91 12-31-2012 11:30 AM

I know the feeling. I had an interview to work in the front office at a dentist office. The lady interviewing me said and I quote "Sorry dear but I don't think we can move forward with this interview. You are clearly obese and no one wants to be greeted by a cow!" She told me this in the middle of the waitng room... In front of other people. She didn't even look past my weight to anything else. It took everything in me to not punch that women square in the face. Unfortunately I live in GA, this is an AT WILL state meaning I can be hired or fired for pretty much anything.

triplestep 12-31-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samanthahwrd91 (Post 4569424)
The lady interviewing me said and I quote "Sorry dear but I don't think we can move forward with this interview. You are clearly obese and no one wants to be greeted by a cow!"

I wonder how they like being greeted by a (rhymes with) witch? :mad:

Radiojane 01-03-2013 04:33 PM

Oh wow. The nerve of some people.

I've never had it said to my face, but I sure as heck have had a tough time getting a job in a booming economy. The worst is when they think I can't physically handle something that might involve a little standing. I worked at a 7-11 all through college. I would go 12 hours straight some days without getting to sit unless I peed!

ChickieBoom 01-04-2013 10:14 AM

Always having an empty seat next to me on the bus or metro. Not that I wanted anyone sitting next to me but the bus would be full of standing people and the only empty seat was next to me.

Misti in Seattle 01-05-2013 07:56 AM

I was once told by a woman who was the manager of an employment agency that they really only worked with people with very high skills. So happens I have extremely high office skills... type approx 120 WPM, know my grammar, am good on the computer, and have been successfully doing office work for almost 50 years. She did not bother to find out what I could do. I could read between the lines.... "we want gorgeous, young, skinny people.'