3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

thistoo 01-24-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epiphany4z (Post 2572907)
hmm I have a few...we had some cheaper toilet seats for a while and my fat booty kept breaking them...i would either break the hooks holding it on or crack the dam thing in half...:o

This happened to me once, when I was at my high weight. In my parents' house, of course, so it wasn't even my toilet seat! My father was pissed.

I get a random sore on my right hip from time to time from my skin rubbing against my pants. It's always in the same place, only on the right hip. So weird.

kaplods 01-24-2009 04:19 PM

Having to back up into a bathroom stall, I feel like I should be beeping as I do (and I've also been bitten in the butt - literally - by a toilet seat I've cracked).

Having to use 2 in 1 shampp/conditioner, because I didn't have the energy to rinse, repeat (just losing what I have, I can once again enjoy the luxury of a separate conditioner again).

Wearing bicycle shorts, not for bicycling, but to wear under pantyhose, then finally having to give up wearing pantyhose.

Considering yourself too fat to wear dresses and skirts, and then after gaining more weight, consider yourself too fat to wear anything else.

Being forced to choose between comfortable and beautiful shoes, and then ending up with the choice between beautiful shoes and the ability to walk.

Remembering when your dress shoes had a three inch heel, and now means black athletic shoes or suede mary janes with a velcro closure.

When the only clothing you can share with your thinner sister is a poncho (which comes to your thigh, and on your sister reaches past her knees).

grneyedmustang 01-24-2009 04:42 PM

Having a hole in your pantyhose which chafes your upper thigh fat. I wanted to take them off in church so bad!!!

Taking an hour to find an outfit that doesn't make you "look fat". (Duh, I look fat in everything because I am fat!)

Feeling like you are going to have to start buying first class plane tickets if you put on any more weight.

Wishing for the day that your clothes don't have a W after the size - or the day that you don't ever have to shop at Lane Bryant again.

LMAO @ FUPA!!! And you can add me to the broken furniture club...I broke a daybed once...

rodeogirl 01-24-2009 04:51 PM

Not being able to walk from the car to a fishing hole or to go pheasant hunting because it's too hard to walk for a couple hours toting a 20 gauge (which isn't that heavy).

Worrying about turning furniture to kindling.

Worrying about fitting in an airplane seat, booth, or amusement park ride.

Sleep Apnea.

Shopping for clothes (hard to find); shopping for food (like Sli said people check out your cart)

TraceyElaine 01-24-2009 05:20 PM

Ditto to all of those things! Also not being able to wear the stype of clothing I like.

Stretch marks.

Not being able to get up off the floor without the help of heavy machinery.

Going to a resturant and dreading that the only table left is a booth.

Severe joint pain at age 27.

redreine 01-24-2009 05:29 PM

I hate going to restaurants and not being able to fit between the seat and the table! My boyfriend and I went out to eat with his family and that happened, and I was so embarassed.

The amusement park ride thing...OMG DO I KNOW ABOUT THAT! I go to King's Island every year, and every year it seems harder and harder to fit on the rides...and I'm so embarrassed. I never want to see the day where they tell me I just won't fit. :(

tolose85 01-24-2009 05:42 PM

I hate.....Worrying that the harness on an amusement park ride won't close adequately and that you'll have to get off because of it.

This was one of the reasons I had to do this. I got season passes for Hershey Park. I would just die if that happened....

When you have to sit in a table and bench that are connected in a diner and you barely fit in. (and feel terribly uncomfortable the entire time)

When you have to tug at your button down shirt because it keeps "gaping" every time you move.

Feeling so lazy that you don't want to get up for ANYTHING..

I can't wait until all this is OVER... SOON!

fiberlover 01-24-2009 05:56 PM

Things I do not miss dealing with anymore:

Lifting fat rolls to wash under them.

Rash under my stomach flop in the summer (ouch!)

Having to twist sideways to get through airplane aisles.

Cringeing when walking by a group of young boys, just waiting for the name calling to start.

Checking behind me before dropping down into stadium seating to make sure I don't hit the armrest and hurt myself (did that too many times).

The amusement park ride fear of fitting.

Going to a social gathering and hoping I am not the biggest one there.

redreine 01-24-2009 06:26 PM

I really get the part about walking by a group of young boys. And it's really the middle school crowd, in all honesty. (The high school crowd notices my large chest and forget the rest, lol)

Daimere 01-24-2009 07:02 PM

Somehow, this thread doesn't create laughs/fun for me. All this stuff still hurts me. *shrug*

Quote:

The amusement park ride fear of fitting.
I hated that so much. I cried so hard when I waited 3 hours for a ride I couldn't fit in.

redreine 01-24-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daimere (Post 2573355)
Somehow, this thread doesn't create laughs/fun for me. All this stuff still hurts me. *shrug*

:hug: I'm sorry. I figured once things along the lines of "FUPA" started rolling it, the laughter would start rolling out. I didn't mean to drudge up any bad memories or anything.

But just remember. This weight loss journey will mean the end of it all! :D

kaplods 01-24-2009 07:48 PM

Most humor is based on someone's pain. To watch shows like America's Funniest Home Video, you learn that apparently the funniest events in the world, are shots the crotch or being thrown from a horse (ideally at a wedding).

Sometimes humor is only someone else's pain, or pain that we experienced so long ago, that it almost is like it happened to someone else.

Some people can laugh at themselves, even while they're still hurting, and even find it therapeutic, but that's not true of everyone in every situation, and it often depends on how deep and how fresh the wounds are. There's a good chance that a a woman who just found out her husband is having an affair, may not find a cheating spouse joke very funny. On the other hand, she might (especially if the joke has a gruesome ending for the cheaters).

Life sucks sometimes, and both crying and laughing can be the appropriate, even therapeutic response, and there's no need to justify one response over the other. If laughing is your way of dealing with pain, there's nothing to be ashamed of, and if you don't find pain humor funny, that's not wrong either.

The nice thing about this thread is that the title is very clear on what to expect so you can avoid it if you need to.

xJox 01-24-2009 07:53 PM

All of the above!

Ive never heard the FUPA refrence before though.

Chub Rub- Check! When I worked at the nursing home, I had to buy new pants often. I walked so many miles a day, and my pants would get holes in them where my thighs rubbed.

Not being able to wear dresses- Check! I NEVER wear dresses or skirts because I hate the rub. Some nurse at the health dept that wears skirts all the time (she is heavy too) told me their are some sort of shorts to wear under skirts that are made with regular cotton like my normal undies. She said she wears those. Ive never ran across any shorts type undies like that. The only ones Ive found are boy shorts and those dont work because they roll up, and those girtle type undies.

Panties that rub all the worng areas- Check! This is one that really drives me nuts. I have the hardest time finding undies and bras. More so than other clothes. Either my undies fit correctly through the thigh area, and the wasit comes up to my ear, or the waist fits correctly and my fat roll hangs out the sides at the bottom. Gross, I know.

mygritsconfessions 01-24-2009 08:00 PM

OK, I too don't understand the public restrooms being so damn small and then the door opening from the inside! Where the heck are you suppose to stand to even get in or out of there? LOL

Another is the irritating, gross rub, rub, swoosh, swoosh from walking in the heat. Please give me some air conditioning set at 65 degrees...LOL

2ndChance09 01-25-2009 12:37 AM

My thighs rubbing together and causing a rash is one of the most annoying things! Also pants wearing out in the inner thigh area lol. Shoes wearing out fast is annoying as well! My kids always like to touch my stomach and lay on it because it is soft and comfy lol. I kind of like that though, I wish it was flat but it is sweet when my kids get cozy on me.

Another thing I hate is always being warm. I can go outside in the winter without a coat and it doesn't bother me that much! That is okay but in the summer I am sweating and feel so hot all of the time!

One time at my parents house I totally broke their rocking chair. It was really embarrassing and hurt my pride. I felt bad for breaking the chair. They had to pay to get it fixed and I have made sure to never sit on it again!