3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

Jenni 01-26-2009 05:06 PM

I love this thread. It is so nice to know I am not alone in all of these things. I will not miss not being able to run after my 3 year old because my joints hurt so badly that running is impossible. I will not miss the boils or the chub rub. I would love to wear a sleaveless shirt; but can't because my arms are so gross.

I want to be able to go on amusement park rides; but am so afraid to try since I was one of those who was kicked off because the seatbelt didn't fit me.

I am looking forward to being able to wear my seatbelt in my car without feeling like I am suffocating!

I, too, will not miss wondering if a chair will hold me or not.

I am so looking forward to a few more kinky things in the bedroom with my husband and not thinking of how everything is "hanging". He deserves more than the missionary position!!

redreine 01-26-2009 05:28 PM

LOL. Sorry about my tmi, but I just HAD to know!

Also, my bellybutton smells weird too. I thought that was something all people dealt with though. It's nice to know it will go away with the weight! (I always spray perfume in my bellybutton)

Everyone, don't thank me for this thread...thank yourselves! You all posted and you think about this stuff every day, all I did was add a title and put it in a public forum! ;)

Trazey34 01-26-2009 05:42 PM

belly button smells weird?? WTF??? LOL ps how'd you get your nose down there ;)

redreine 01-26-2009 05:49 PM

LOL. I have a GINORMOUS nose!

Seriously, though. This will sound strange, but put your finger in your bellybutton and then smell it. Hahaha.

Redflame 01-26-2009 06:41 PM

OMG............I have read it ALL now!!!:dizzy:

For me, the belly button thing is a yeast growth issue just like under breasts and what have you....occurs for me with some choices of food (actually alot of wheat products) in conjunction with tight waist bands or non-breathing underwear that sufficate the belly button. I will be thankful for a real belly button some day and not the freakin' grand canyon!~

Blinky963 01-26-2009 07:17 PM

I'm totally afraid of those picnic tables where the seat benches are attached. If you're on the slightest incline it just takes one person getting up to topple the whole thing. Not fun.

Daimere 01-26-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Also, my bellybutton smells weird too. I thought that was something all people dealt with though. It's nice to know it will go away with the weight! (I always spray perfume in my bellybutton)
I will have to try putting baby powder in there. I hate that problem so much

thistoo 01-26-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trazey34 (Post 2577021)
my personal BLECH is the bulge above my elbow -- it's considerably deminished but i still notice that little sucka!! hehehe

Ugh, I have this too and I HATE it. No matter how much weight I lose my upper arms still seem enormous. I fear the amount of excess skin I'm going to have left over in my 'wings', I really do.

luvja 01-26-2009 07:27 PM

I was and still am a little afraid of sitting on plastic yard/porch chairs! You know what I'm talking about right?...like those cheap chairs you can buy at Walmart. They break SO easily!!!!!!! I've broken a couple in my time :lol:

redreine 01-26-2009 07:48 PM

You know what I'm noticing right now that I'm hating?

My laptop not completely fitting on my lap because it's getting pushed off by my belly! Argh! lol

That being said, I still have no idea where to start with my diet. I cut out the soda and lost 8 pounds, and I'm not sure if I've lost any since then. I've been working on eating better, however it would definitely be a lot easier if I had a set plan.

I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday, so hopefully he will have something for me.

Michelle98272 01-26-2009 07:54 PM

You know, Redreine~My Dr. suggested Weight Watchers for me. I had made the appointment to get the OK from her to begin a weight loss plan (you know the disclaimer they always say...Contact your Dr. to see if you should put your fat a** on a diet!) I hadn't told her yet that I started WW and was getting ready to when she suggested it. I've lost 13-15 lbs...slow and steady but it's about lifestyle choices...changing things slowly make the biggest long lasting changes.

redreine 01-26-2009 08:00 PM

I would love to be able to do WW. All kinds of people have told me it's a great idea, but it's just not in the budget right now.

I live with my mom and stepdad because I can't find a job, she has a minimum wage job as a cashier and he has a part time job as a janitor.

I'll be getting an apartment soon with my fiancee, and he's trying to get a factory job, and so I'll be applying for jobs in that area, but even then we'll be on an incredibly strained budget.

2ndChance09 01-26-2009 08:08 PM

^I know that feeling. We are renting a small place. I am a SAHM and DH is going to school full time so we have barely any money.

Daimere 01-26-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redreine (Post 2577466)
I would love to be able to do WW. All kinds of people have told me it's a great idea, but it's just not in the budget right now.

I live with my mom and stepdad because I can't find a job, she has a minimum wage job as a cashier and he has a part time job as a janitor.

I'll be getting an apartment soon with my fiancee, and he's trying to get a factory job, and so I'll be applying for jobs in that area, but even then we'll be on an incredibly strained budget.

You know if you can just walk into a WW meeting site and just purchase the basic materials(mine was the deluxe around $40 but there is a basic kit) if you can't afford the at home kit (basic-$99). I heard some people just bought the $10-20 WW calculator and used that mostly.

2ndChance09 01-26-2009 08:09 PM

BTW I have the stinky belly button thing too, it grosses me out!

Also in the summer I easily get sweat that drips down my back eww and get sweaty *down there* which causes painful rashes. I have tried baby powder which helps some.

I am a fanatic about hygeine but I still feel smelly in the summer when it gets really hot.