3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Those Weird Things That Come With Being MORBIDLY OBESE. (A thread for laughs) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/162518-those-weird-things-come-being-morbidly-obese-thread-laughs.html)

Bee20nine 01-26-2009 08:13 PM

redreine

I do it without the meetings and online help. I get a lot of help here, and I have lost 47lbs in about since April 08. I was unemployed from mar08-sept08, and have had a 10-15hr a week job at $7/hr since then, I was in school full time until December. It can be done I promise, its not the quantity as so much the quality of the food you eat. I find that I spend a lot less on food now that its better food for me as I did when I wasn't dieting

GirlyGirlSebas 01-26-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redreine (Post 2577446)

That being said, I still have no idea where to start with my diet.

Calorie counting is cheap and easy. Try a free site like Fitday or The Daily Plate. Most people start off around 1800 calories and work down from there. Just don't go below 1200, even when you get much smaller. As you learn what calorie count works for you, then you can work on switching out your food to the healthiest alternative possible...plenty of fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains, healthy oils like olive oil, and watch the added sugar.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-26-2009 08:20 PM

I must look totally crazy. I'm trying to see if my belly button has an odor issue. :dizzy:

redreine 01-26-2009 08:23 PM

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the help. :)

WW is about a half hour from where I live. The next time I'm over there, I think I'll stop by. I went to the website, but even that costs money. I never ask for money from anyone, and my fiancee and his family buy me a lot of things. (Which actually makes me feel awful :()

Really if I could just get my mom to sit down with me and figure out a grocery bill and mealplans, it would be so much easier. Her and my stepdad are in that mindset of "Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean everyone else should suffer."

It can be pretty disheartening. Right now I'm good with cutting out soda and cutting down sodium, and I'm focusing pretty hard on figuring out what's good for me, diet-wise. Not to mention the stress of planning a wedding. It's a lot to handle.

Thighs Be Gone 01-26-2009 08:31 PM

I absolutely love this thread.

I so agree on the calorie counting--it's easy and cheap. I also like that I learn so much about foods in the process--what a serving looks like, which item has the most fiber, which has the most protein, which one fills me up more, etc.

Daimere 01-26-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redreine (Post 2577506)
Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the help. :)

WW is about a half hour from where I live. The next time I'm over there, I think I'll stop by. I went to the website, but even that costs money. I never ask for money from anyone, and my fiancee and his family buy me a lot of things. (Which actually makes me feel awful :()

Really if I could just get my mom to sit down with me and figure out a grocery bill and mealplans, it would be so much easier. Her and my stepdad are in that mindset of "Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean everyone else should suffer."

It can be pretty disheartening. Right now I'm good with cutting out soda and cutting down sodium, and I'm focusing pretty hard on figuring out what's good for me, diet-wise. Not to mention the stress of planning a wedding. It's a lot to handle.

My boyfriend is not on WW. I just asked him to honestly answer if he is suffering. His answer was, "No." I don't control if he can eat a pbj sandwhich if he wants. I sorta control his portions but I let him have seconds. I just make veggies and healthy, veggie fortified main meals. ^_^ I lived with a room mate. He didn't suffer cause I was on a diet. His food was off limits and I just ate my healthy foods. I made separate meals than him. There was only 2 times I ate the same thing he cooked. Since he is naturally skinny, his tendency to put food on the place was much smaller than mine.

redreine 01-26-2009 08:37 PM

I'm not even sure HOW to do the calorie counting. I went to one of those websites (fitday, I think?) and I'm lost. I mean, I ate a bowl of chicken and noodles and had a biscuit. I'm supposed to plug this in, but then all these things come up...ack.

And then going to the mealplan sites. I would quite honestly have to get rid of all the food in my house and buy all new food to do anything on those mealplans. And to sit and count out 6 oz. of this and 1/3 cup of that? It sounds like a prison to me.

I'm sorry, I know that sounds so whiny, but I am SO frustrated right now with trying to figure out this healthy eating plan.

Daimere 01-26-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redreine (Post 2577524)
I'm not even sure HOW to do the calorie counting. I went to one of those websites (fitday, I think?) and I'm lost. I mean, I ate a bowl of chicken and noodles and had a biscuit. I'm supposed to plug this in, but then all these things come up...ack.

And then going to the mealplan sites. I would quite honestly have to get rid of all the food in my house and buy all new food to do anything on those mealplans. And to sit and count out 6 oz. of this and 1/3 cup of that? It sounds like a prison to me.

I'm sorry, I know that sounds so whiny, but I am SO frustrated right now with trying to figure out this healthy eating plan.

Look on the nutrition label. THAT IS THE KEY. Most soups are 2.5 servings. SO one can is actually not 100 cal but 250 calories. You don't even have to put it on the sites. You can just write it on a piece of paper.

jademarlene 01-26-2009 08:45 PM

I am picturing everyone who is reading this thread trying to smell their belly button right now, lol.

It can be frustrating redreine, I found that working on controlling my portions is helpful. I no longer go back for seconds (and thirds and fourths), I have also started using smaller plates and bowls and to me that really makes a difference.

Buttercup 01-26-2009 08:58 PM

I was looking forward all day to the time I could come and see what else was written on this thread! It is great! We have to laugh and it is nice we can laugh together! I also powder the butt crack divet! I also Love the hairdryer for under the boobs and "the land down under"! One thing I will not miss is my stomach being a table. And if it is any consolation I feel funny during sex too. It is hard to strike a sexy pose! I use the old line,"It's not you, it's me" to my husband. Good thing he is good humored.

As far as the calorie counting...it is hard for me too. I am trying to make good food choices and making a point to eat more fruits and veggies. I am seeing a nutritionist this week so it will help to have it down on paper for me. My problem also is that I can go all day without eating but at night I turn into a major grazer. So I am making a point to eat during the day. Small changer so I am not too overwhelmed. We can do this!!!

Thank you everyone for sharing these painful things. It is good to blow them away with a good laugh!

redreine 01-26-2009 09:00 PM

Portion control is so fun in my family. Everyone's favorite thing to say to me is "That's all you're gonna eat?!" (we're southern)

I just jiggle my fat tummy and walk away, lol.

Daimere 01-26-2009 09:04 PM

I eat correct portions on everything EXCEPT veggies. I eat a ton of green veggies/0 points veg (75%/85% veg). I portion anything that has points though like a starchy veggie.

Michelle98272 01-26-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buttercup (Post 2577562)
I was looking forward all day to the time I could come and see what else was written on this thread! It is great! We have to laugh and it is nice we can laugh together! I also powder the butt crack divet! I also Love the hairdryer for under the boobs and "the land down under"! One thing I will not miss is my stomach being a table. And if it is any consolation I feel funny during sex too. It is hard to strike a sexy pose! I use the old line,"It's not you, it's me" to my husband. Good thing he is good humored.

As far as the calorie counting...it is hard for me too. I am trying to make good food choices and making a point to eat more fruits and veggies. I am seeing a nutritionist this week so it will help to have it down on paper for me. My problem also is that I can go all day without eating but at night I turn into a major grazer. So I am making a point to eat during the day. Small changer so I am not too overwhelmed. We can do this!!!

Thank you everyone for sharing these painful things. It is good to blow them away with a good laugh!

LOL "Land down under!" With the FUPA thing going on, it is indeed "down under". LOL:lol:....wahhhh:cry:

redreine 01-26-2009 10:12 PM

My bff uses that term...FUPA...on a regular basis, and I had never known what it meant. Imagine my surprise when I finally looked on urban dictionary. For the first time in my life, I actually felt bad about my sex life in relation to my weight.

Michelle98272 01-26-2009 10:21 PM

I heard it used once in a very derogatory way on the radio...I dislike that part of my body so much that I thought of it thereafter that way. Although, I never ever discussed this word or body part with anyone. Funny that I have more in common with you all (perfect strangers) than any of the other people in my life. Most of my friends are thin...even the chubbier ones...I couldn't say FUPA or talk about fat rashes or smelly belly buttons and booty cracks. It really sucks to be big and have all these self induced maladies. But it is good to laugh at them...to poke fun and own them.