Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #46  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone. I'm working but that is A-okay.

W 147. 8 (back down)
B egg on toast, coffee w milk
L/D veg, falafel

Diana, sorry about the stomach pain. Hubby tells me he will roast the goose in the BBQ tomorrow so the house doesn't get too hot. Personally, I'd just throw it in the oven and get it over with.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 07-04-2015 at 12:08 AM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #47  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey all. I have been super chilling when I should be working around the house, but we needed down time so much!

But I'm also noticing I sure don't need to eat a lot of food! I totally don't feel deprived and I'm eating like 1100-1200 calories a day. How is that possible to feel like I'm not hungry or deprived?

I was eating like 2500-3000 calories a day before I started this weight loss (and was gaining, obviously)

Makes me wonder what my real BMR is... It must be really low if I'm feeling FINE with what I'm eating!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 218/203/170

Height: 5'9"

Today was a much better day.....rebooted MFP to help me track better, and also map my walk.....today went as follows

B- 180
S- 50
L- 290
S- 110
D- 130
S- 78

------------
220 exercise

MUCH BETTER DAY FOR ME!
30ToGo170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:22 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Today's weight: 189.8

B: scrambled eggs w/grated cheese, sliced nectarine, chai tea
L: Chili, ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn
D: Romaine lettuce, low sodium Italian salami, grated mozarella cheese, grated parmesan cheese, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, Marie's blue cheese dressing.
D: strawberries, dark chocolate, tea

E: 71 minutes, abs, stretches, yoga

Today, I finally broke into the 180's. I just hope I can stay here for a while. I'm working hard on it.

I hope everybody has a nice Independence Day tomorrow.

Diana Facial edema sounds painful. I hope you don't suffer too much with that. I get edema in my ankles. It comes from my hypertension and it's one of the reasons I am motivated to lose weight and especially to exercise. It's my dream to see my ankles look normal again. I'm glad you had a loss this morning. At least that's exciting. I'm interested to see what new DVD you got. It's always nice to get something new. I really like Jane Adams.

minnie I know you are going to push through that stall. Hope you got caught up on your reading tonight.

30ToGo I'm glad you had a better day.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:33 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Height: 5'8

Diana- I try, but it feels like some clothing is looser and some is the same or tighter. I should start using my measuring tape

Yesterday was great! Most of it was spent in a car, but I managed to get in a 20 minute jog before we left

B: banana, grapes (200)
L: carrots, hummus, pickle, chips (600)
s: peanut butter crackers (800)
s: grapes and pineapple (1000)
s: more carrots and hummus (1200)
s: more pb crackers (1400)

Lots of snacking, but it kept me full! Not sure how today will pan out. We have a bit more traveling to do
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Happy Independence Day!

Last night I added on: Relaxation (PM) from Jane Fonda's AM/PM Yoga for Beginners
This Morning: Oxycise Level 2 workout

Calories for yesterday: 1740
Weigh In: 173
Up: .8

We are going out, again tonight. Tonight will be a littler easier to navigate since we are going to a seafood place on the beach. Last night was an old school steakhouse that we have been wanting to go to. I also forgot to add in the asparagus I had with my meal last night.

Have a wonderful 4th and stay safe!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #52  

My scales glitched this morning. I stepped on and they had leapt up 6lbs in a week. I kinda expected some water weight this week, it's incredibly warm, I was out for dinner last night, and I've had the cold. But 6lbs? I decided to try again, and in the space of 30 seconds, I lost 5 lbs. That must be a record no??

Slightly less alarmed now, I think a 1lb gain is fair, given that I'm bunged up. I'd also committed to dinner last night, and had a few cocktails and about a gallon of water.

Anyway, yesterday was a fairly standard day except dinner. It was a set dinner, so I had macaroni cheese followed by sticky toffee pudding and also had 3 cocktails.

OH is now away for the week, so no one is going to bring chocolate into the house, and I get to eat all the veg my OH hates!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #53  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

FINALLY the weight is inching down... I had two pretty much identical weeks in a row - starting at about 242 - inching down to 240. Repeat starting at about 242 and inching down to 240. So, I had a new low today .1 less than it was exactly 1 week ago!

I did a cheat midday weigh-in and it's down even more, but that one doesn't count, but it is showing me that the scale is cooperating. I guess I ovulated? Lord knows... perimenopause is wacky!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 07-04-2015 at 01:18 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #54  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

holding water of course!!! LOL like 5 pounds...as expected.

going out to do some shopping and stuff today, dinner tonight for our anniversary. happy 4th everyone!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #55  
No Room for Negativity!

S/C/G: 200/177/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey everybody, Happy 4th of July!!!!
Today’s numbers:
B: 146
L: 515
D: 390
Snacks: 160
Total: 1211
Exercise: burned 300 calories on treadmill
Weight: Didn’t weigh in today.
****I decided to not weigh in for a few day’s because the scale wasn’t moving and it was starting to get to me. Instead I decided to try on some of the clothes that were tight on me in May. One pair of shorts I wasn’t able to button or zip up in may, but today they fit. So…..feeling good about that!!

Magistra: 180’s Yea!!!! I can’t wait to be there , hopefully soon. I didn’t even weigh in today because I was starting to get discouraged. I know I’m doing everything right so, it will come off. I even joined my fitness pal today. I didn’t introduce myself or anything yet. I’m just using their tracking tools. I want to make sure I’m counting my calories correctly.

Coop: Funny you should mention issues with the scale. I was thinking about buying one of those fancy scales that tells you weight, body fat, muscle, water,….etc…. but I’m afraid I’ll weigh more on that scale than my current scale. I know that it’s silly!!

Berry: Glad your scale is moving. .. Can’t wait for mine to.

Retro: I always have a hard time dieting when on vacation. Hopefully I can form some good healthy habits before my next trip. Or….maybe I’ll reward myself with a trip if I meet a mini-goal

Diana: Sounds like you are feeling better…enjoy your night out.

Skck: It looks like you are at your goal, so a little water retention won’t hurt.

30togo: Looks like you are doing good!!! Are you doing okay on such low calories? Any side effects? When I go that low, I start losing my hair!! YIKES!!! So, needless to say, I never go that low…

Hello to anyone I may have missed!!!
minnie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:41 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 178/156/150

Calorie restriction on vacation is never easy. I hate going out to eat though, so my only downfalls will be ice cream and wine! The good thing about being by the beach is that I looovve long walks on the beach (sorry for being cliche, haha). I'm a morning person, so my typical vacation routine is wake up around 6 or 6:30, go for a walk on the beach for about an hour or an hour and a half, then come back and have breakfast. Now that I'm back into jogging, I can do that too

We finally got here around dinner time, and the house is pretty nice! I walked to the beach to dive in and the water is really warm, just a strong current right now... I also went swimming for a bit in the pool and went on a 20 minute jog. I don't know what it was, but for some reason this jog was so tough! Maybe it's the heat, but you'd think it'd be easier since it's so flat down here

My time in the car was spent on snacking again, so it's hard to pin down calories and separate it into meals, but here it is:

B: fruit salad, almonds, raisins (400)
L: banana, almonds (600)
s: peanut butter crackers (800)
s: more almonds (1000)
D: tofu, teriyaki veggies, hummus (1500)
s: 3 oreo cookies (1700, rounded up)

Happy 4th everyone, and have a great weekend!
RetroRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:13 AM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

We got home late last night and I was too tired to get back online to post my daily stuff. I don't miss that very often. I'm not sure if I mentioned what we were going to do last night. We went to a seafood restaurant at the beach. Then we went to an area on the beach where you can see the firework displays from all over the area. It was really nice.

Yesterday:

Total Approx 1540 calories +

Breakfast (190 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla shake

Lunch (350 calories)
salad w/ romaine, cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, roasted red peppers, carrots, grilled tuna, 1 1/2 servings BHF's ranch 350 calories

Dinner (1000 calories)
shared fried squash appetizer 150 calories
grilled salmon 400 calories
asparagus 100 calories
a couple small bites from DH's plate 100 calories
shared dessert 250 calories

Exercise:
Jessica Smith's Cardio Ball Blast workout w/#6 medicine ball

Today so far:

No stretch or yoga for last night and no Oxycise for this morning.

I am up again on the scale. This could be a carry over from Friday night, sodium in general (since I have not requested my food to be prepared without it), or even from sharing dessert with DH. Another culprit could be the angioedema. I had that stomach thing the two days and I woke to pretty bad edema that first day. The weird thing, is that in the past, I would have the stomach thing once every other month or so. Last month I had it back to back days like I just did. Maybe it's the hormonal fluctuations since I'm at that stage of life.

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In: 173.4
Up: .4

So far, I am up a total of 1.2 pounds. For me, that is good, especially since I have been "vacation" eating, in moderation, of course. I really hope one day this becomes easier because it is a lot of work not to over do it. I have a confession to make. I had to go to the grocery store, yesterday. I LOVE the "homemade" cookies from this one store. I literally went to the counter and requested 4 cookies. I was going to eat all of them by myself as soon as I got to the car. I was almost like a dog with drool hanging from my mouth. (I am such a sad individual ) Didn't I just mention how much work this is for me? Anyways, they put the cookies in the bag and I accepted the bag. Reality started kicking in and I knew I didn't want to do that to myself. I walked around in that area talking my into and out of going to the checkout with the cookies. I turned around and no one was behind the counter and no one in the area. I put the cookies back on the counter. I was proud of myself but at the same time felt bad that they couldn't sell the cookies. Yes, I could have purchased them and then threw them in the trash. But I knew the "trash" would be my mouth and stomach. So I did what was best for me at the time. Not proud of the whole situation, but I got through it.

So, DH wanted to eat at a Mexican place today. We haven't been to this type of restaurant in years. They have a brunch buffet that he has heard good things about. I have a couple different plans. I am going to bring my salad dressing. I will look at the buffet to see if I can maneuver that. If not I will order from the menu. Right now, my plan is to totally avoid the chips/salsa. The sodium in the salsa will do a big number on me. I will have to play it by ear and see how it goes.

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie45 View Post
Coop: Funny you should mention issues with the scale. I was thinking about buying one of those fancy scales that tells you weight, body fat, muscle, water,….etc…. but I’m afraid I’ll weigh more on that scale than my current scale. I know that it’s silly!!
That's the kind of set I have. I didn't find my weight too different between the scales, but it's more accurate, because with the dial ones you can just lean a little to the right and pretend you're a little lighter this week! The body fat bit isn't very accurate though. If I have dry feet, they say i'm dehydrated and have 60% body fat, but if I weigh myself after a shower (damp feet) i'm 40% water and 30% fat. If I'd known how much they vary, I might have spent a little less and just bought digital scales...
Old 07-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Yesterday's weight: 189.0
Today's weight: 189.6

I forgot to post yesterday. Too busy having fun I guess. We had a little party here at our house and then watched fireworks from our back yard. There's a park just two blocks from where we live where they shoot off the big canon fire works. All we have to do is put our lawn chairs in our back yard and we have the perfect view.

B: scrambled eggs, strawberries, peach cobbler tea
L: a little chicken and harvarti cheese, snap peas, artichoke hearts
D: grilled hamburger on a whole wheat bun, w/bread and butter pickles
D: 2 scoops of ice cream w/butterscotch topping and whipped cream

E: 40 minutes abs, stretch, barre work

Diana I'm so impressed with your cookie story. I think you are amazing for putting the cookies back. Don't feel bad about them not being able to sell the cookies. Bakeries usually account for some losses. If that had been me I would have eaten the cookies. I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to cookies. Usually if I buy a treat like that, I buy extra and bring it home for everybody. But there have been times when shopping by myself that I bought my favorite goody and hid it in my purse and saved it to secretly eat later by myself. Wonder what the psychology of secret eating is.

minnie when old tight clothes suddenly fit, then you know you are losing. Good for you. The very first time I went on a diet, I didn't own a scale so I had to rely on my clothes to tell me that I was losing.

Coop My scale was doing that same glitchy thing last month. I changed the battery. I think it had a little wobble where it was sitting, so I moved it to a more even surface. It shows me a consistent steady weight now. Although I think my scale may be old and in need of replacing.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #60  

An alright day today.
B: skipped
L: roast veg and goats cheese wrap
D: chicken stir fry with some noodles
S: brucheta bites, 2 ice lollies, small chocolate mousse, margharita (having a lot of cold things just now)

Still got the tail end of my cold, so not much in the way of exercise. I've been re-potting pepper plants and cleaning today, but trying to have a lazy recovery day. I'll try going to a couple of fitness classes this week if I can.