Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Back from the aqua fitness class. I'm the youngest in the class by about 15 years, but it was a good workout that gave me lots of muscle resistance without aggravating my back which has been aching (probably from all the gardening). I just moved much bigger and as fast as the instructor out of the water. One other lady in the shallower water was similar, but that's it, but it was good - a bit elderly, but good for my body. A couple of the ladies snuck glances at me... maybe annoyed that I was moving so much, I don't know, but if she says move forward, the bigger you move, the more resistance you create which makes you stronger. Plus, being that much younger, I 'am' stronger!

Wish I could do the step class tomorrow, but soon enough, but yep! I did it! My first gym class and it was GREAT!
I took an aqua fitness class a couple years ago and had a similar experience. I eventually decided that it just wasn't worth it for me, but it was nice for that time to feel young and relatively thin!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #317  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

iamerican - Hello I hope your trip to TN was good.

K9owner - mmmmm chocolate covered strawberries! Sounds sooooo good and much better than cake.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #318  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone
It sounds like everyone is doing well.
Larry good luck with your lower sodium spagetti squash marinara. I'm going to look it up-maybe DH will make it for us.
Krystal LOL that craving when at places or events - I have never realized how true that is. I also have that when watching Cake Boss or Wedding Cake Challenge. MMM I love cake!
zoodoo I am excited for you to reach onderland! 20lbs is a great start and I think knowing your in onderland you'll feel so good and confident knowing you did it, no one else. Celebrate! because you're doing great.
And speaking of great...berry 50lbs lost. You are so close to, I'm getting excited for you.
As for me, I lost 4lbs: I don't know how and I'm not sure it will stick so I won't change the ticker. I haven't been able to walk all week, looking forward to it tonight though.
I hope everyone continues to have a healthy week
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #319  
Life is about balance

vixsin I am so glad you are safe. I live in CT and was watching something when they broke in with a live shot of the actual tornado. It's such an amazing thing to see where we are that they were reporting it as this super cool thing, then they had the right mind to remember that it destroys things and kills people. I told my husband once that I would go anywhere with him as long as there were no tornadoes. It was scary yesterday. I'm sending you and all those who have been affected good vibes. :

Last edited by mamakat; 06-02-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #320  
Life is about balance

Lauren what a crazy wedding schedule! Will you have time for a honeymoon? Congrats on the up and coming nuptials. What an exciting time.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

I read most the posts from when I was gone and I just want to say nice job everyone! People seemed to be doing great whether it was resisting a temptation, getting in a good workout, or losing some pounds! Nice job! also welcome to any new people posting

So, I started on May 23 and I am glad to say I am down my first three pounds even with my vacay! Whoop! It might be more, I have the most inconsistent scale in the world. This morning I had such varying numbers, I will go with the highest. Any one have any reccomendations on a scale? I want one under 50 bucks that is very accurate.
Glad to be back! Now I just have this weekend of my little brothers grad party and a baby shower to get through of big occasions.
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Wow, so busy at work it's hard to keep up with you guys! I'll try and sneak on throughout the day - time now is 10:40am..

Larry You look great, what an amazing difference! Good for you Also, I can't believe you managed to eat at 2 food outlets in one day and stay on plan! Gives me the motivation to stay in control of my food choices if I'm ever eating out, thanks!

Diana3271 Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not quite back on track yet but hadn't gained for my weigh-in which was a relief! Trying to finish off all the food left over from the weekend - I can't bear to throw it away, I really hate waste. Once that's gone I will well and truly be back on plan!

CatholicCajun Welcome! Congrats on the laps! I could never get up at 5:30 to do that!

Lauren Great going on the running! I'm getting in to running too and trying to keep improving my time / distance. Keep going!

DTerminedOne So pleased to hear you're back on track and motivated by the improvements you've already made. What a great positive attitude!

Still How's it going getting through the week without your iPod? I'm sure your insticts are good enough to make the right choices. Hope you get it fixed!

Pint Sized Glad to hear you had a good weekend. I need to get motivated for June too - got 3 weeks until festival season kicks off and want to look and feel my best! We can do it!

mamakat Sooo pleased to hear you've been walking without the cane! Great news, I hope it just gets better and better for you! Keep going

K9owner I think we might be in the same boat too! I feel your struggle. The trouble I have is that I don't enjoy weekends with friends so much when I'm constantly refusing food and drinks offers. I guess it's all about finding a balance...

Berry now I'm jealous of your garden AND your bread! I've only tried baking bread a few times but it's always turned out a disaster! Congrats on the Whoosh! 50lb is AMAZING!

Gwen i've stopped logging religiously lately too, I really need to force myself to get back to it. I've found that cutting out EVERYTHING processed made me really, really miserable. I wouldn't feel good after a workout, I couldn't concentrate because all I could think about, all the time, was food food food. I have ultimate respect for people who can control themselves to that degree, I'm certainly not one of them

Well would you look at that - it's now 19:00 and I've still not had the time to finish this post - apologies to all i've missed, I'll try and get back online later to catch up...
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #323  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I remember someone from this forum speaking of gaining a pound or 4 during holidays/TOM/special events in a month, then not losing them or working out--which contributed to excess 20,30,40, 50+ lbs over the years.

I think this is so true. I usually have pretty well-structured OP days during the week, when I don't have anywhere to go and no major events planned. I don't even have "true" cravings until TOM rolls around. I don't crave things everyday, but I associate events and food and link them to cravings. For example, when I go to work, I love eating SnackWell Vanilla Cookies, b/c they are there. I never buy them or crave them at home, but the second I walk in the door at the hospital, I want some. Also, when I go to my MILs, I crave ice cream. She always has ice cream--vanilla, in the single serve containers. I never buy these and never want them until I grace her doorstep. Then, it is a mad rush to the freezer!

What's up with that???
That was me that said that. My PMS/TOM cravings are terrible and I think I used to eat enough chocolate (and usually something salty afterwards) or ice cream, or something starchy/cheesy during that 10 days/week to gain a little every month. Not saying I didn't go overboard in other areas, but I think that was the majority of my problem. Oh, and BTW, glad you brought this up because I am right in the middle of it right now. In the old days I probably would have made a batch of no-bake cookies today. Instead I made a large healthy salad that filled me right up. One good choice at a time. . .
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #324  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

I'm thinking about joining the Gold's gym in my town... Anyone else have a membership? What is it like? Oh and btw, I'm down to 275.4 today
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #325  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamerican View Post
I read most the posts from when I was gone and I just want to say nice job everyone! People seemed to be doing great whether it was resisting a temptation, getting in a good workout, or losing some pounds! Nice job! also welcome to any new people posting

So, I started on May 23 and I am glad to say I am down my first three pounds even with my vacay! Whoop! It might be more, I have the most inconsistent scale in the world. This morning I had such varying numbers, I will go with the highest. Any one have any reccomendations on a scale? I want one under 50 bucks that is very accurate.
Glad to be back! Now I just have this weekend of my little brothers grad party and a baby shower to get through of big occasions.
A long while back, Lindsey recommended this scale http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Preci...7040362&sr=8-1and I absolutely love it. It is very accurate, same number no matter how many times you get on and off and very reasonably priced. HTHs

Last edited by jomatho; 06-02-2011 at 02:47 PM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

k9owner~ yea i dont get it, why a weekend of eating/drinking can blow two weeks of being OP. sucks big time, i wish it was as fun to lose as it is to gain!

berry! ~ congrats miss!!! 50 pounds!

larry!~ thats amazing, you consider going off plan 1800/1600 cals! i mean like, have you ever really blown it? in the beginning? are you just that dedicated? maybe its a male thing, i know my dad went on a diet a few yrs ago and he stuck to plan completely witout any second guessing. i asked him, are you hungry? he said no! lol...maybe your not much of an emotional eater?

zoodoo! almost in onderland!

jomatho!~ congrats on getting halfway to your goal! yey!

as for me, i hurt my ankle at the gym im guessing? i woke up in the middle of the night and it wass throbbing. keeping me up. but its not my ankle per se. its the inside of my ankle starting at right above the ankle bone that sticks out, up to about 1/4 ways up my leg. it hurts to walk on a little. how long can i expect to be out? i hope a couple of days. i didnt do anything specific to it, dont even know when/how it happened/ just woke up with the pain...sux big time! any advice?

Last edited by aggie2006; 06-02-2011 at 04:33 PM.
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #327  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
Lauren what a crazy wedding schedule! Will you have time for a honeymoon? Congrats on the up and coming nuptials. What an exciting time.
Yes, super crazy. We are doing a destination wedding in Los Cabos, Mexico and spending 7 days there so it will kind of be like a honeymoon. We will do an actual honeymoon maybe on our 1 year wedding anniversary.

And thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #328  
CanadianVeggie

Hi themilesawaygirl, aggie & shishkeberyy - You girls have a good day!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

OK so I'm popping back to catch up from earlier

Jo Do you normally work out in the morning before eating? I've heard both good and bad things about doing that. I usually try to have a banana or a small pack of ham around an hour before I hit the gym, then I have a bowl of cereal afterwards. I think I work harder with some food in me, but I wonder how it affects the workout?

Vixsin So sorry to hear about the destruction in your town, but so glad you and family aren't hurt / homeless. My thoughts go out to all those affected, I hope everyone gets cared for. On a happier note, WELL DONE for your loss AND NSV, great going!

Lauren Sorry to hear about your running issues - just remember there are tons of other low impact exercises that you can do. Maybe ask your doc / a trainer for some advice on something to suit you? Congrats on the OP days, I'm envious of your control right now!

Berry Well done on the gym class - I went to an aqua aerobics in college and it wasn't really for me, but very hard work! The Zumba class at my gym is a total mix of ages - maybe look at that rather than the gold (oldies!) class!?!

iamerican Congrats on the loss! 3lb loss and holidays, how do you do it??? I'm in awe

Aggie What a shame about your ankle being hurt. Sounds like a sprain but odd that you didn't notice doing it? Don't we have a nurse in the thread? I'm sure I saw some medical knowledge a while back... K9owner maybe?

Anyways I'm off to bed - need to get some sleep in before the gym in the morning. Away for the weekend and not sure how to get in my exercise - any ideas how I can sneak this into my plans without gym kit etc?

Must must must be better with my food tomorrow - I've not logged properly for a week now - I will start first thing in the morning and stick to it, I can't fall totally off the rails. I didn't lose any weight in my 12week challenge this week, and although I'm relieved I didn't gain it's not good enough. I need to get back on plan pronto. Motivation essential.

In other news - I have a ticker! Yaaaaay :-D

Bye for now all, have a great day.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #330  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You gals will understand this, I wanted to see how many calories water aerobics/toning burned, and I needed to add my weight. I had to think for a second, and then was shocked to feel/believe that I typed in 205. It has been an eon since I weighed that 'little' and it was only for a bleep of time.

Shows how twisted my brain is - to think that 205 is 'light'. But then I was 275 8 years ago for a year (was about 240-250 for years before that), 265 for six years after that and 255 for only the last year. Me... 205... Wow!

Of course, I plan to pass this right up for smaller numbers, but most people would feel HUGE at this weight! Would cry if they got to this weight. Yet, I feel so small. Twisted, huh? Though I am beginning to wonder if the 175 is too high of a goal, but I will switch that only when I get closer. It's all about how easy it will be to maintain a given weight. And what's very likely is that the last ten pounds or so, no matter what they are, will be a slow, steady weight loss to get there as it will basically be the body reaching it's maintenance level (I will not do crazy stuff to get to a number on the scale).

I feel smaller when fully clothed, but huge and fat and ugly when naked. I was saying that this morning as my husband and I were getting ready this morning. He looked at me and said, "you do not look the same. That is distorted thinking." I explained at how it's that I have the same imperfections and they look the same. The same gut, the same saggy breasts (which sag even more now that there is less fat to hold them up). The same big, flabby thighs and arms. My husband said again, "that is messed up thinking because everything is looking better." I tried to explain that I 'know' that I'm smaller, but all I can see is everything that's wrong. A beach looking body will never happen from this body, but I hope at some point I stop feeling like an elephant seal. When I'm dressed, I don't see all that, but naked - ooooo boy, ugly! Of course, my husband has a really nice trim body (not some body builder type, but no gut, no flab). He's a good looking guy naked or clothed. Clothes are my disguise.

What's even funnier is that in 20 pounds or so, I'll look at my 'now' body and feel it looks so huge! LOL Our mind does such funny tricks!

Sorry for the ramble! Might need to steal some of these thoughts for my blog tomorrow.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-02-2011 at 08:06 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote