Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #151  
yoovie

good job on the exercise, Breton! and your dinner sounds delicious!

I had peas and carrots browned in a pan with a thinly sliced up chicken breast and mixed in with half a cup of whole grain pasta and 2 bottles of water.

Now I'm doing tricep and bicep work with an 8lb weight while loafing the sofa and watching Survivor.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #152  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I walked at work but did not do any callenetics at home. I plan to do at least 15 minutes of them after I get offline and more if I feel up to it. Today was a lower calorie day because tomorrow I have a catered staff meeting at work...lots of salty snacks and dip, fresh fruit yay!, and a big assortment of candy, boo!

today was:

water
herbal tea
gluten free snack bar

water
diet coke
3 oz fat free tuna salad with 6 crackers
small orange
6 medium carrots

water
herbal tea
2 slices gluten free bread
1 cup homemade chicken salad

I am sitting at roughly 900 calories and I might have a 200 calorie snack, which will be light yogurt and fruit with a little drizzle of honey
Old 10-08-2009, 10:45 PM   #153  

Great job everyone!

My confessions for the day:

B: 1 piece of whole wheat toast with 1/2 tbsp ICBINBL, 1 morningstar sausage patty

L: 1 morningstar chik patty with 1 tbsp ketchup, 5 baby carrots, 1 laughing cow wedge, 5 almonds

S: medium fruit cup from Chick Fil-A

D: 6 inch veggie delight from Subway with oil and vinegar and cheddar cheese (the hubby made reubens with a friend tonight, so I didn't want to cook for myself!)

S: 1 100 calorie bag of popcorn

No exercise for today. But I'll be back in the gym for at least 30 minutes tomorrow.

What are everyone's weekend plans?

I'm going to a restaurant festival with my husband and am both super excited and super nervous! Thankfully, the tastes we'll have will be amuse bouche sized, but I'm still trying to figure out my plan for the day!

Last edited by emilydreaming; 10-08-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #154  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
To me, this is proof that nature is cruel. I have the exact same kind of day here and I WAS excited about taking a walk and maybe getting a jog in only to step outside (to water my basil plants) and run back in cause it was so cold. Bah! I'm going to go anyway.

So this morning I gained 0.6 lbs from yesterday even though I ate on plan. I then remembered I played tennis yesterday and I felt a teensy bit sore in the legs after so I'm guessing there's water retention. Oh well. It'll come off sooner or later (hopefully sooner!).
i know tell me about it!! in the end i didnt go for a run. its too cold and im too much of a wimp. plus dont want to make my sore throat worse by the cold air. so will just stick to riding my exercise bike. even though thats kinda in the cold too. in this small little house /hut thing we have at the back of the garden lol.

you're right the 0.6lb is just water retention.

===========

oh and Sunni. i LOVE the food channel too!!! i love watching it when i'm cooking myself, or when im just preparing my food and i always watch it when im eating myself lol

good job on doing exercise and food intake!

---
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoovie View Post
Have fun with your whole day full of exercise, Echo! (God I wish I was going for a run in London.)

I've found lately that i have started seriously 'Top Chef'ing my food. I arrange it all gourmet-ish on a white plate, adding healthy stuff like carrot curls or almonds or herby-garnishes. My friends recently had a BBQ and I took the smallest unwanted runt of the burgers and put it in the middle of my plate, arranged a couple of purple onions on it, a cherry tomato, a square of sharp cheddar and then made like 6 little dots of mustard around it on the plate. It was a miniature version of a deconstructed cheeseburger @ about 1/3 of the calories and fat- and it was so fun that I ended up taking a picture of it.

Anyway, I think that making my food beautiful is a big part of how I am staying on the eating healthy wagon. Healthy food, fruits, vegetables, fish, lean meat, nuts, etc- all look great when prettied up on a white plate. And when I made the portions small, I pretend I'm eating in some fancy shmancy gourmet kitchen. It helps, shrug. My imagination is a powerful tool.

I'm headed out for a very long walk through Central Park, since I was stupid and broke my calves yesterday and can't run, sob. and then a Pilates video and 30 minutes of free weights and sit ups/push ups.

Breakfast - veggie omelette with red, yellow and green peppers and black olives, coffee, orange juice, a banana and a tangerine.
i didnt go in the end when i get better i will.

wow central park! now that's COOL!!! and im impressed by your day of exercise. way to go !!

you are soooooooo right about making food look all gourmet and pretty!! i love that

-----

Quote:
I did 150 crunches, 50 random other dont-know-what-they-are-called core strength exercises and then 150 waist-twisty things in the back yard.

I did an hour walk, stretched at the top of Mount Skinnichik (which I lovingly renamed my favorite giant hill in the park- where I pretend to be Rocky Balboa) which I stubbornly finished with a 3 minute jog (which I regretted immediately but I'm a rock-noggened redhead, whaddya gonna do?)
haha thats hilarious! i do that too!! i even have eye of the tiger and other rocky songs on one of my playlists of running. and there are steps at my park. hahaha

way to go on the exercise, im impressed ! you're a machine!!!
-------------
angela - great job on the low calories and exercise

great work Hydra!

great job on the food emily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
What are everyone's weekend plans?

I'm going to a restaurant festival with my husband and am both super excited and super nervous! Thankfully, the tastes we'll have will be amuse bouche sized, but I'm still trying to figure out my plan for the day!
oooh restaurant festival. that sounds like fun!!

amuse bouche. haha that reminds me of that friends episode.
---

my weekend plans, are to exercise to burn as many calories as i can before my weigh in on sunday for the biggest loser challenge. i REALLY want to hit through my 160 barrier this weekend. my own personal goal.

also need to work on minor corrections of my thesis. gotta hit them books im stuck on this one paragraph, but just gonna do my best and send it by sunday to the internal examiner to check that i wrote it correctly.

--

well i've been doing some calculations - calories in calories out, for the week so far. and according to my calculations, i should see 1 lb loss already, but my scale is still the same as sunday. so decided i gotta burn 800 calories today and tommorow, and eat 1200 calories both day, to have any hope of seeing a loss of 1 lb this sunday!

gonna do 2 bike rides today, at about 45 minutes each to burn 400 calories and 800 calories altogether. and stay within 1200 calories.

--

have a great day girls!!

Last edited by Echo; 10-09-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #155  
yoovie

Thank you!

I'm only doing core exercises today, no mobility- I have to absolutely positively stay off my legs or I will be far too injured to run at all next week and I'm already going through withdrawal.

So today I going to go for a walk through the MoMA, just stroll for about 4 hours so at least I am moving.

I had Special K Fruit & Yogurt with 2% milk, V8, coffee and a tangerine for breakfast.

Good luck today everyone. I mean it. You deserves to feel that sense of pride at the end of the day. Even if all you did today was make 1 healthy choice, then at least you know you have the ability to make healthy choices when you are the one in control.

<3

Old 10-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #156  
yoovie

I'm only @ 532 calories for today, and I've been beating myself up so badly for not being able to do cardio that I'm just really impatient and depressed about the whole ordeal today. I feel lazy and helpless.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #157  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
I'm only @ 532 calories for today, and I've been beating myself up so badly for not being able to do cardio that I'm just really impatient and depressed about the whole ordeal today. I feel lazy and helpless.
awww i know how you feel. but how come you're beating yourself up about it? are you not able to do cardio cause of an injury? than its important to rest and let your body heal.

--

i pushed myself on the exercise today and i hope my body doesnt punish me tommorow for it ! gonna take some cough medicine and go to bed now.

i wanted to burn 800 calories today and eat 1200 calories. both things met , which i'm happy about
i rode my bike and burned 800 calories over the course of 77 minutes, with one break in between.

bike (level 11)- 45 minutes - burned 500 calories. then 5 minute break. 31 minutes - 300 calories (level 12) = total calories burned 800.
general calories - 370 calories.

total calories burned >> 1170

calories eaten = 1343
calories burned = 1170
calorie deficient = 1627
predicted loss = 0.46 lbs

Last edited by Echo; 10-10-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: oops forgot about the crisps i had for dinner! adding extra 100 calories.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #158  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Breakfast
7:30 AM
2 cups honey combs 220
1 cup 1% milk 110

Lunch
11:45 AM
4.5oz grilled chicken breast 225
1 lavash bread 110
lettuce/pickle 15

2:15 PM After my workout
1 scoop whey protein 130
8oz 1% milk 110

Dinner
6:45 PM
6.5 oz baked flounder 195
1 cup white rice 200
1 cup steamed green beans 40

That's 1355 calories but I am saving enough for a big bowl of popcorn tonight with wify and a movie (1700 is my target)

Exercise for the day was a trip to the gym where I did.

25 minutes on an upright stationary bike
30 minutes on a treadmill @3.5mph on a 3% grade
5 sets 6 reps (pyramid) of shoulder presses
5 sets 6 reps (pyramid) of bench press
5 sets 6 reps (pyramid) chest press machine

weighed in this morning with a 4.2 pound drop from last week, its been a good week for me

As Ever
Me

Last edited by Botzz; 10-09-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #159  

My confessions for today:

B: 1 cup special k red berries with 1 cup plain soy milk

L: 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat (1/2 tbsp of reduced fat jif and 1/2 tbsp of raspberry jam on one slice whole wheat bread), 1 wedge laughing cow light cheese, 1/2 cup mango, 5 raspberries, 5 almonds, and 4 savory thin crackers

S: 1 100 calorie bag of popcorn

D: 1/2 cup garlic green beans, 1 italian faux sausage, 1/2 cup zucchini, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil

S: 1 homemade blueberry muffin (135 calories)

E: 1 16 minute mile on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the treadmill, and 10 minutes on the stationary bike

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!

Last edited by emilydreaming; 10-09-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #160  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Walked at work on break yesterday but was unable to walk last night at home because of a big old thunderstorm. I plan to do some walking this weekend with my bf, if I can get him motivated. The luncheon meeting yesterday at work went well and I was able to stay on plan....I did have several chocolate kisses but no more candy for me this weekend.

yesterdays I ate:

coffee with creamer
diet pepsi
6 strawberries
a banana

turkey and cheese sandwich
apple juice
dill pickle
water

water
2 granola bars
8 hershey kisses
plate of carrot and celery sticks with 2 tbsp reduced fat french dressing
3 oz fat free tuna salad with 6 crackers
Old 10-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #161  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botzz View Post
weighed in this morning with a 4.2 pound drop from last week, its been a good week for me

As Ever
Me
welcome Botzz!!

and WOW amazing how much weight you have lost. 201lbs!! that is INCREDIBLE!!!! you are a machine!! truly inspirational.

well done on the 4.2 lbs!
Old 10-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #162  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Happy thanksgiving Angela! our lovely canadian friend!

you celebrating it this weekend? or on monday? do you have anything special planned?

Last edited by Echo; 10-10-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #163  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

ARRGHH!! Not fair that you Canadians get your Thanksgiving in October! I want my turkey toooooo. Oh well, I'll just live through you, hee. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Echo - yeah I wimped out on my walk too and guess what? It's humid today so I definitely don't want to go out cause I sweat A LOT when it's humid. BTW, that's so awesome that you're breaking through 160. I remember back in August when you were hoping you would hit 170. Look at you, weight loss machine!

Yoovie - I feel lazy and helpless too but even then, I can't get my sorry butt to go and exercise. Just wanted to add my 0.02 of sympathy.

I guess we'll be starting a new thread in another month. We're piling on the posts here, woohoo!! Oh and I finished my first paper so I'm DEF submitting it tonight or Sunday whenever we finish sizing the images. YAY! I'm so excited to be done with it.

Yesterday, I had lunch with a good friend of mine. We ate caribbean food. I went slightly full because I assumed they would serve big portions and if I went hungry I knew I'd scarf it all down ( at jamaican food). Wellll...it wasn't that spectacular and it was a normal sized portion so I saved 1/2 to give Mr. Sunni a taste so I ended up eating a piece of the chicken, a few cubes of garlic potatoes (yum!) and all the stir fry veggies (yum). Last night, Mr. Sunni had the chicken for dinner and we found out that one of the chicken pieces was all bone. I can't believe I paid for spiced bone. Did they think I was half-puppy or something? *gnaw*

I have 3 bell pepper seedlings growing! I hope they end up bearing fruit. I spoke to a friend of mine last night and she said her parents grow bell peppers and they used grocery store peppers for the seeds. That gave me some hope. In any case, I'm stopping all gardening until Spring because it's going to get winter-type cold here in another month and I'm already fretting about what to do with the plants I do have. I'm worried that bringing them indoors will bring bugs indoors (blech). Don't want to use pesticides. Oh! I have 20 baby basil seedlings! I read online that the strong ones with the biggest leaves should be kept and the others thrown but I feel so bad throwing them away I think I'll keep them.

Planned food confessions (UPDATE):

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, Instant oatmeal (eaten)

Lunch - pesto pizza with olives, feta cheese and caramelized onions.

Dinner - 6" subway turkey breast, no cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos with a squirt of southwest dressing, 1 Healthy Choice steamer meal (pasta, LOTS of broccoli, red pepper alfredo sauce).

Dessert - Apple

I could REALLY go for some tortilla chips (some meaning a bag) and cake. Nope, I don't know what's gotten into me all of a sudden. I haven't thought about tortilla chips in 4 months and now, I want it. It's too late to go out and buy some so whatever. We still have some groceries to get tomorrow, so I'll see if I still have a hankering and buy it then.

Have a good day, everyone!!

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 10-10-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #164  
Lose the holiday lbs!

chit chat time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Echo - yeah I wimped out on my walk too and guess what? It's humid today so I definitely don't want to go out cause I sweat A LOT when it's humid. BTW, that's so awesome that you're breaking through 160. I remember back in August when you were hoping you would hit 170. Look at you, weight loss machine!
wow i never thought of it like that!! thanks so much for that!!!! that really has put things into perspective!!! much needed boost!!!

Quote:
Yoovie - I feel lazy and helpless too but even then, I can't get my sorry butt to go and exercise. Just wanted to add my 0.02 of sympathy.
me too!! i've been procrastinating ALL DAY and not exercised and its like nearly 8pm!! gah!!!

Quote:
I guess we'll be starting a new thread in another month. We're piling on the posts here, woohoo!! Oh and I finished my first paper so I'm DEF submitting it tonight or Sunday whenever we finish sizing the images. YAY! I'm so excited to be done with it.
wow we've been rocking it this month eh!
oh WOW congratulations on finishing your paper!!! thats AWESOME!!

Quote:
Yesterday, I had lunch with a good friend of mine. We ate caribbean food. I went slightly full because I assumed they would serve big portions and if I went hungry I knew I'd scarf it all down ( at jamaican food). Wellll...it wasn't that spectacular and it was a normal sized portion so I saved 1/2 to give Mr. Sunni a taste so I ended up eating a piece of the chicken, a few cubes of garlic potatoes (yum!) and all the stir fry veggies (yum). Last night, Mr. Sunni had the chicken for dinner and we found out that one of the chicken pieces was all bone. I can't believe I paid for spiced bone. Did they think I was half-puppy or something? *gnaw*
lol! and omg cheeky buggers!!! at giving you a piece of bone!!

mmm i love carribean food too. jerk chicken yum yum!!
Quote:
I have 3 bell pepper seedlings growing! I hope they end up bearing fruit. I spoke to a friend of mine last night and she said her parents grow bell peppers and they used grocery store peppers for the seeds. That gave me some hope. In any case, I'm stopping all gardening until Spring because it's going to get winter-type cold here in another month and I'm already fretting about what to do with the plants I do have. I'm worried that bringing them indoors will bring bugs indoors (blech). Don't want to use pesticides. Oh! I have 20 baby basil seedlings! I read online that the strong ones with the biggest leaves should be kept and the others thrown but I feel so bad throwing them away I think I'll keep them.
that's sooooooooooo cool!!!

i'm growing sunflowers inside. and they've already sprouted , little green stalks and baby leaves. they are my babies !! hehe its so much fun growing your own!
---

i like how you confess your plans. i think thats such an awesome idea!!

my plans are :

1. to exercise burn 500 calories.
2. eat within 1500 calories. have cereal for dinner, as was over indulgent with my brunch today!
3. get that darn paragraph written! its really bugging me - i just want to email it tonight

taking monday off, to run some errands, and go to the cinema

Last edited by Echo; 10-10-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #165  

The restaurant festival was so much fun! I ate a bunch of yummy, ridiculous foods (like pumpkin ice cream, mmm) and met Richard Blais. I can't even imagine how many calories I ate - I had 9 small plates and a beer. I'm pretty much stuffed though and I skipped out on breakfast too, so thankfully, those will be my only calories for the day. I figure if I'm really hungry later, I'll have a big plate of green beans.

I did get some exercise in though. Hubby and I took the subway and because of how far it is from our apartment and from the festival, we ended up walking 1.5 miles each way.

I'll be eating really light the next two days - I saw 279 flicker on the scale this morning and I'm hoping it will stay (or get back!) to that number by Tuesday's weigh in.

Echo, good luck on your paragraph!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!
Closed Thread