Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies!!! Stopping in for a minute.. am happy also to report that I am down a half pound.. lol I and that was late this afternoon so am going to weigh again tomorrow morning.. lol but made me happppy!!! lol back to tracking tomorrow and exercise.. I have a renewed get up n go!
Sunni - lol I have no idea.. but I did a bunch of small orders of teh burgers in cafe world and the fruit salad.. then went for the bigger ones.. and probably spent too much time checking back in there.. lol but yea you get more xp points each timme you serve something up, so if you go with a bunch of small time prep items here n there when you hav time to watch it it will def jack it up and also go visit neighbors once a day.. and i have learned it has be round the same time each day .. like every 24hrs exact kinda thing.. gets you extra $$ and points... thats bout all i know..lol Congrats on your loss!! back on track we are girly.. I am ready for a big whoosh loss this week!!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 10-04-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:57 AM   #107  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

yesterdays menu included:

coffee with fat free milk
water
banana

2 cups homemade crab and veggie pasta salad
2 oz chips
water

diet pepsi
salad with 2 tbsp reduced fat ranch
mixed veggies sauteed with water and soy sauce
herbal tea
water

It was my son's birthday and we sat around eating the pasta salad I made and snacking on chips, not a great choice but not too bad for the day. I will concentrate on getting more dairy and fruit in the next couple of days.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #108  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
thanks for listening to me whimp n whine... lol [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Angela - thats what we are here for!! you vent away my friend! anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
. I really like reading what everyone else is eating as I get some great ideas for myself. I am not much of a cook but I am learning to enjoy it and that is half the battle.
Hydra aww thats so sweet!

Quote:
Echo - how was your pizza sleepover party?.. lol hope you had a blast!
great to hear you're back on track Angela!!

thanks for asking

sleepover was fun! we didnt order pizza!! as my friend made pasta salad and lots of starter type things, so i said, this is more than enough we dont need pizza!!!

i made sure though before the party that i burned 1000 calories through exercise.

i only exercised 2 days last week. but made sure i burned about 1000 calories for both days. and some of the days the food was bad, as was eating out in restaurants. but the days i was home, was abit more careful.
and happy to report at my weigh in for the biggest loser yesterday. i had a loss of 2.2lbs!! :

yesterday though i had a painful sore throat. and today ive come down with a cold. body aces, sore throat. so i dont think i will exercise today. but instead will watch my calorie intake.

my BMR body basal metabolic rate is 1800 calories. so want to aim to eat around 1200-1600 calories. max 1800 calories on the days i exercise. around 1400 calories on the days i am resting well thats the plan! anyhow haha

Quote:

I seem to have broke my plateau, i think exercising a little more and drinking more water and herb tea has helped.
awesome!

Quote:
Hey Ladies.. I was just watching Dr.Oz and there were two twins on there who are losing weight.. and have hit plateaus, and Dr. Oz has had some great advice and gave an equation for burning calories that made sense to me... and about how cardio exercise is important but we only burn calories while we are doing the exercise, and if we add in the strength training, by adding weights/strength training our body will continue to burn calories in between the workouts as well... here is the link.. click on Twins who lost weight... http://www.doctoroz.com/
that is so interesting! thanks for sharing. and for the link!!! gonna print it out and read it

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
I'm having a great fall weekend so far - I hope everyone else is as well!
great job emily! you're doing so super

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Hey gals, here I am!! I've been MIA because I've been too ashamed/embarrased to list every.single.thing I ate. Um, it was a lot. Let's just leave it at that. As I whined in the Red Team biggest Losers thread, I know exactly why I'm hovering. It's those sweets that my mom made that I can't resist. UGH!! Today I made my game plan. I put everything in Fitday that I was planning on eating. I haven't done this in the past week, which is probably why I derailed. I actually stuck to it!!! I was so proud of myself. Yeah, I ended up going over by 45 cals, but I did take a walk today so I'm sure the 45 will be canceled out. At least, I hope it will be, crud.

---------------
I'm happy to see those that are staying on track - it keeps us derailers motivated!!! For those in the same boat as me (derailing), let's kick butt and get back on track!! We can do it!! Now I just need to heed my own advice, haha.

)
awww no worries! its about getting back on track. jillian michaels says, if your tire gets punctured. you wouldnt go , oh well and slash the other 3 tires. no you would fix the tire and keep on driving!

45 calories over is nothing!

good job on staying on track Sunni! and for the positive affirmation! you go girl!!

and well done on the weight loss so far, you're doing awesome!

Quote:
Hi gals! I'm SO excited - I dropped to 157.7 this AM!! Whew... that means it was just an overload of cals because of those sweets. Even though I knew it was the cause, just had to confirm, hehe.

O
Ang - How'd you manage to get your cafe world score so high??? Gimme some tips!!

Echo - Where are you, chica? We miss you!
way to go!!!!!!!! you ROCK Sunni!!! awesome

aww thanks for missing me! i was at my friends house this weekend. stayed at her place, and had a nice girly weekend. just relaxed and chilled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachyrchildren View Post
Exercise--30 minutes fast walk; 20 minutes weights. Eh, should have done more, but also had yard work to do, so that should count for a bit.

Breakfast--1 cup plain nonfat yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 tsp. Stevia, coffee, water

Lunch--1 cup vegetable soup, 1 Joseph's pita with sliced turkey lettuce and tomatoes, water

Snack--1 cup raw veggies with 2 Tbs. hummus, water

Dinner--1 curried chicken breast, grilled green beans, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup raita, 1 Tbs. chutney, water, a few sips of my husband's wine

Treat--homemade peach sorbet
great job ! Teachy!! yah yard work does burn calories!! about 6 calories a minute

very healthy eating, well done!

Last edited by Echo; 10-05-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #109  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Hey Ladies!!! Stopping in for a minute.. am happy also to report that I am down a half pound.. lol I and that was late this afternoon so am going to weigh again tomorrow morning.. lol but made me happppy!!! lol back to tracking tomorrow and exercise.. I have a renewed get up n go!
[
awesome !! well done! thats super Angela!

Quote:

It was my son's birthday and we sat around eating the pasta salad I made and snacking on chips, not a great choice but not too bad for the day. I will concentrate on getting more dairy and fruit in the next couple of days.
aww we're all allowed treats every now and then Hydra and thats exactly right, just make up for it for the rest of the day ! no harm done at all. its calories in and calories burned, over the course of the WHOLE week.

Last edited by Echo; 10-05-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #110  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody, I'm jumping in.
I've been off the wagon for a loooong time. But today's the day and all. I'm taking it slow at first, trying to get around 2000 calories (my body needs like 2200 to maintain, and i'm coming down from a binge cycle where I've been eating as much as 5000 calories in a day, so 2000 is a good number for me right now.
I have something of a fast food addiction that I don't know how to kick. I feel like my day isn't right if I don't make at least one run through the drivethru. I'm making efforts to cut that out, or at least cut it back so that I'm just eating the healthier choices available.
Anyway, food today:
breakfast-apple, pkg peanut butter crackers, arizona sweet tea
snacks-fiber one oats and chocolate bar, banana
lunch-2 crunchy tacos, nachos and cheese (taco bell, of course)
dinner-boca burger, light bun

I know that's not nearly the healthiest menu, lots of -bad- food in there, but I'm trying to break this habit of total binge/total restriction. I'm easing my way back into healthy eating. Right now I'm just trying to get my calorie range reasonable, and start getting in some light exercise.
This thread seems like an excellent tool to keep me on track thanks and good luck to everyone.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #111  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
I've been off the wagon for a loooong time. But today's the day and all. I'm taking it slow at first, trying to get around 2000 calories (my body needs like 2200 to maintain, and i'm coming down from a binge cycle where I've been eating as much as 5000 calories in a day, so 2000 is a good number for me right now.
I have something of a fast food addiction that I don't know how to kick. I feel like my day isn't right if I don't make at least one run through the drivethru. I'm making efforts to cut that out, or at least cut it back so that I'm just eating the healthier choices available.
Anyway, food today:

I know that's not nearly the healthiest menu, lots of -bad- food in there, but I'm trying to break this habit of total binge/total restriction. I'm easing my way back into healthy eating. Right now I'm just trying to get my calorie range reasonable, and start getting in some light exercise.
This thread seems like an excellent tool to keep me on track thanks and good luck to everyone.
so nice to have you join us!!! lol at your nickname , I shall call you Munchies for short, and you look great in your avator!!

i love junk food aswell. so i totally understand! but then i think to myself. what do i want. junk food or skinny jeans. so i just tend to stay away. and listening to jillian michaels go on about how junk food is so disgusting, that even if i THINK about it. i can hear her voice in my head.

"what the **** are you doing! thats complete GARBAGE!! you cannot eat that!! its crap! just dont do it. just dont " lol and it works for me hahaha.

i heard that if you have a junk food addiction, is to try to eat healthy foods everyday, that eventually your body will feel nourished and you will get nutrients. so eat fresh vegetables and fruit. and if you still want junk food. have abit of it. like a slice of pizza and then a big salad. its all about calories in and calories out. think of your calories as currency. like for you at the moment you have $2200 money to spend on food. you can spend $400 on a slice of pizza. and then will have 1800 calories left to play with.

(calorie /money currency concept taken from Jillian Michaels)

like for me personally. i like having naughty treats. so after my meal. i will have a small bowl of cinamon toast crunch. like 16g and 100ml of semi skimmed milk. which will be like 100 calories.

you can incorportate naughty treats as long as the majority of your meals are healthy. and nutrient dense.

we're all here to help you. and today is the start of a brand new you. you can so do this. and we will be with you every step of the way!!

awesome that you're gonna cut down your calories. and partake in light exercise. great stuff!!

Quote:
One day plus another has an accumulative effect - Andrew Matthews

Last edited by Echo; 10-05-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #112  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hey all!

Echo - D'oh! I knew you were going to be away but I totally forgot. Glad to know you had fun! Good that you convinced your friend pizza wasn't necessary. I've become a pizza addict I have to say. Luckily, I eat the frozen kind or make my own so I can control how many calories I ingest. Still isn't the best though. We stopped buying 4-5 frozen pizzas (individuals) and limit ourselves to 2 per week. It's just nice to have something ready to go when I'm not in the mood to cook. Ok, why am I ranting about stupid pizzas?

BTW, if anyone wants a great way to waste time and to avoid eating, join Facebook and sign up for this game called Cafe World. It's SO addicting especially to procrastinators like myself. I'm toggling between my internet tabs for 3FC, Facebook and work-related pages. Haha. I've really managed to cut down on my mindless snacking. Who would've thought a FOOD game would do that?

So I maintained my weight today. Watching my calories today so I can see a drop. Would be nice to see 156. Haven't seen it in a little over 2 years so that would be exciting! Anyway, check back in later to finish my confession.

Food:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, instant oatmeal

Lunch - Hakka noodles + veggies in stir fry sauce

Snack - 1 apple

Dinner - Hmmm...no idea. I'm going to have to go to the fridge and go into a trance seeing if I can make something out of nothing.

Snack - 1 cup grapes

Exercise: Most likely a 3.5 mile walk. I'm going to try and jog some of it.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #113  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Brkfst, Brfst burrito, homemade, with ff refries,

snack, apple, 1 point cheese stick

lunch, tuna sandwich on Sara Lee 45 cal bread, ff mayo, celery sticks,

snack, orange or yogurt,

Supper, found a recipe in an old WW mag for shepherds pie. Looks divine and perfect for the cold, wet weather here.

Evening snack, Blue Bunny ff frozen yogurt in a cone, the cone is only 20 cals and keeps me from having a bowlful.

Dogs and I did 2 1/2 mile walk at lunch.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #114  

Echo and Sunni, thanks so much! You are both doing awesome as well!

For today:

B: 1/2 cup plain oatmeal with a drizzle of honey, 10 raspberries

L: 1 morningstar tomato and basil burger, 2 stalks celery with 1 tbsp reduced fat jif peanut butter, 10 baby carrots, 1 light laughing cow swiss cheese with 5 savory thin crackers

S: 2/3 cup cheerios snack mix

D: 2/3 cup lime rice (white rice with cilantro and lime juice), 1 cup black beans, 1/2 cup corn

E: I'll be watching One Tree Hill from the treadmill tonight!

Last edited by emilydreaming; 10-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #115  
Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
Anyway, food today:

So I totally forgot to comment on this. I love chinese food. It's a BIG weakness. It's also the reason I gained 10 - 15 lbs in one month a few years ago. We don't eat Chinese take out often, actually it's about once a month if that. What I do to get my fix is make it at home. I make it healthier, that's for sure, without sacrificing taste. Would you be open to cooking your junk food at home? You can make healthy substitutions without making a huge sacrifice with regards to taste. My fried rice is about 300 cals a serving (rice, peas, carrots, onions, spring onions, a leeeetle chicken stock, soy sauce, a leeetle cornstarch, 1 tbsp of oil). I also make baked egg rolls that taste just as good (and even look golden brown and fried-ish) without all the calories. I make pizza at home to satisfy my pizza cravings with homemade pesto. Now I don't suggest jumping in with both feet if you're not used to cooking at home, but it's worth a try to look up a couple of recipes and make them at home. Tacos are easy enough if you do all the prep work over the weekend. You can drain the grease from cooking ground meat before making the sauce. I hope I haven't come across as pushy! These are changes I made that I'm happy with that help me deal with my takeout cravings, so I thought I'd share them.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #116  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Hey all!

Echo - D'oh! I knew you were going to be away but I totally forgot. Glad to know you had fun! Good that you convinced your friend pizza wasn't necessary. I've become a pizza addict I have to say. Luckily, I eat the frozen kind or make my own so I can control how many calories I ingest. Still isn't the best though. We stopped buying 4-5 frozen pizzas (individuals) and limit ourselves to 2 per week. It's just nice to have something ready to go when I'm not in the mood to cook. Ok, why am I ranting about stupid pizzas?
thanks! i'm glad too! yah i know i love pizza myself!! lol

well i've been feeling unwell today. so took it easy, plenty of rest of drinking water! and did some random light exercise. i have this small step stool. which i used as a step thingy. i did 3 sets of 10 minutes whilst watching tv. but spaced them out throughout the day, so i didnt over exert myself.

water intake = 2,040 ml (~2 litres of water)

calories eaten = 1320 calories.

total calories burned = 342 calories
calorie deficient = 822 calories = predicted loss of 0.23 lbs
Old 10-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #117  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post

Dogs and I did 2 1/2 mile walk at lunch.
good job on the food and exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
Echo and Sunni, thanks so much! You are both doing awesome as well!

D: 2/3 cup lime rice (white rice with cilantro and lime juice), 1 cup black beans, 1/2 cup corn

E: I'll be watching One Tree Hill from the treadmill tonight!
aww thanks !!
wow thats great exercising an watching OTH, perfect combo!

and wow lime rice, sounds so good!! never heard about it.
and i love OTH! i'm just about to watch the first episode of the new season

has anyone seen being erica? they showing the first episode on tv at the mo , looks OK.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #118  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
So I totally forgot to comment on this. I love chinese food. It's a BIG weakness. It's also the reason I gained 10 - 15 lbs in one month a few years ago. We don't eat Chinese take out often, actually it's about once a month if that. What I do to get my fix is make it at home. I make it healthier, that's for sure, without sacrificing taste. Would you be open to cooking your junk food at home? You can make healthy substitutions without making a huge sacrifice with regards to taste. My fried rice is about 300 cals a serving (rice, peas, carrots, onions, spring onions, a leeeetle chicken stock, soy sauce, a leeetle cornstarch, 1 tbsp of oil). I also make baked egg rolls that taste just as good (and even look golden brown and fried-ish) without all the calories. I make pizza at home to satisfy my pizza cravings with homemade pesto. Now I don't suggest jumping in with both feet if you're not used to cooking at home, but it's worth a try to look up a couple of recipes and make them at home. Tacos are easy enough if you do all the prep work over the weekend. You can drain the grease from cooking ground meat before making the sauce. I hope I haven't come across as pushy! These are changes I made that I'm happy with that help me deal with my takeout cravings, so I thought I'd share them.
thats really good advice Sunni. thats awesome about making takeout /junk food but healthier versions at home! i like it!!!

do you use phylo pastry for egg rolls?

i once made baked jalepeno poppers at home, they were delicious. better than deep fried!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #119  
Here we go again...

Ooohhh, I bet it's from all your stress. I read/heard from several sources that stressful situations reduce your immune defense so you catch bugs that you wouldn't normally. I got the sniffles after my defense. Even though it wasn't bad at all, I still sat at home and watched TV. Ha! Feel better! It's a good thing you're not overexerting with the exercise - I think what you're doing is perfect. It could do more harm than good.

BTW all, I didn't go for my walk today. Le sigh. Many moons ago, I used to exercise first thing in the AM to get it out of the way, plus I'm a morning person so it works. Need to get back into AM workout mode, only it's getting colder and I just want to stay snuggled inside rather than go out.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #120  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Ooohhh, I bet it's from all your stress. I read/heard from several sources that stressful situations reduce your immune defense so you catch bugs that you wouldn't normally. I got the sniffles after my defense. Even though it wasn't bad at all, I still sat at home and watched TV. Ha! Feel better! It's a good thing you're not overexerting with the exercise - I think what you're doing is perfect. It could do more harm than good.

BTW all, I didn't go for my walk today. Le sigh. Many moons ago, I used to exercise first thing in the AM to get it out of the way, plus I'm a morning person so it works. Need to get back into AM workout mode, only it's getting colder and I just want to stay snuggled inside rather than go out.
yah you're right ! i've also heard of that if you're really stressed up about something. you dont tend to get ill with colds or what not. but the moment you relax thats when it gets ya!! like when you're on holiday thats when you get sick. but all year your working hard at your job and you dont get sick.

ive had a nice day of relaxation though hehe. throat feeling better, which i'm really thankful for, as it was really painful and hurt everytime i swallowed. really makes you grateful for when you are healthy !

i know , exercising first thing is the best. cause then throughout the day when you think of exercise, you're like "oh i've already done it yeh me!" and gives you positive feeling for the rest of the day!

but i know what you mean. its nice to just snuggle up inside then face the cold out there!

Last edited by Echo; 10-05-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Closed Thread