Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #31  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachyrchildren View Post
I lost out on my usual treadmill exercise all last week because of the reappearance of an old knee injury. I started out with the best of intentions to still do my free weights, but with family here and Rosh Hashanah over the weekend, I bailed. Still did well with eating, tweaking my holiday menus to make everything pretty healthy. I sent all the leftover desserts (except for the fruit salad!) to my husband's office yesterday to get them out of the house. I got the doc's OK to begin exercising again, so was able to do 1/2 an hour on the treadmill this morning. Knee isn't complaining, so far so good!

Yesterday:
Breakfast--1 cup plain nonfat yogurt sweetened with Stevia, 1 cup raspberries, coffee, water
Lunch--Homemade chicken soup with chicken and veggies, 1/2 matzoh ball, water
Snack--1 cup raw veggies, 2 Tbs. hummus
Dinner--1 Veggie Masala burger, 1 Joseph's pita, grilled eggplant and zucchini, big salad with chevre and walnuts, 1 piece gefilte fish, 2 figs, water

Exercise--20 minutes free weights
way to go!!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #32  
Lose the holiday lbs!

wow sunni 4.75 miles is totally rocking!!
haha dont feel bad about the pizza, wait till you read what i had for dinner! well it was a snack. but later on , i changed it to DINNER.

the other day i heard jillians podcast, how she once ate m and ms for lunch lol. she was like wanting some chocolate, but they only had m&ms on the show, so she ate that, and said, okay thats lunch. lol

she was like, sometimes when you want something like that. thats okay, once in a while. just call it lunch or dinner. and thats all your gonna then have for that meal!
so thats what i did lol.

---

and i did find it amusing that my lunch calorie equaled 666 calories haha

--
breakfast - total calories >> 407 calories
- 2 toast granary bread (240 cal) with olive oil bertoli spread (70 cal) and chicken and leek soup (97 cal)

snack - total calories >> 34
total pieces of gum - 4 (20 cal). water with benefiber (x2 14 cal)

lunch: total calories >> 666 calories (lol)
1/2 cup rice- 129 cal. 1/4 cup salad - 26 cal. 1/4 cup chicken curry with 1 chicken piece -152 cal. 1/2 cup yoghurt - 121 cal.
dessert - 34g cinamon toast crunch with 200 ml semi sk milk - 238 cal

dinner- 2 packets of Frisps (aka crisps aka chips as americans call them - but lower fat) (306 cal) 4 kit kat orange fingers (214 cal)
total calories of dinner >> 520 calories

total calories eaten today = 1627
random exercise - step (6 minutes), running on the spot. 31 squats. jumping jacks.
36 minutes on my exercise bike.
total calories burned = +370 calories.

total calories eaten = 1627. food calorie deficient -373 calorie. total calories burned + 370 calories. Total calorie deficient = - 743 calories (-0.21 lbs)

Last edited by Echo; 09-22-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #33  

Hope it's okay if I join in the chat!

Breakfast: 1/2 tall soy au lait, 1 medium banana

Lunch: Panera Bread Pick Two: 1 cup low-fat vegetable soup, 1/2 classic salad, 1 piece multigrain bread

S: Trader Joe's Pomegranate Nonfat Yogurt

Dinner: 4 oz salmon, 1/2 baked potato, spinach and tomato salad with lemon juice

And now I'm getting ready for the gym, so I can watch The Biggest Loser while on the treadmill.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone... thank you so much ladies for the encouraging words!... Means a lot to me...
Today has been a stressful day personally.. but even though I didnt feel like eating at all.. I made sure to get my cals. in... I also went for a very brisk 45 min walk this evening after work...
Here is my day...

Breakfast
1 pc. multigrain bread
2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, scrambled
1 tsp. raspberry freezer jam
1/2 c. skim milk
Total - 306cal.

Mid Morning Snack

1 cup mixed berry green tea
1/2 all bran bar
1 fruit to go
Total - 105cals.

Snack
26g natural whole almonds
2 clemintines
1/2 serving of fruit source tropical bites
Total - 311cals.

Lunch
Slimfast Shake with skim milk
Total - 213cals.

Afternoon Snack
1 cup mixed berry green tea
1 serving of garden vegetable breton crackers
1 cheese stick
1 apple
Total - 251cals.

Supper
1.5 cups of homemade chicken noodle soup (made with gluten free noodles)
grilled cheese sandwich
16 crinkle cut oven baked fries
Total - 653cals.

Total Calories for the day

Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #35  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
Hope it's okay if I join in the chat!

Breakfast: 1/2 tall soy au lait, 1 medium banana

Lunch: Panera Bread Pick Two: 1 cup low-fat vegetable soup, 1/2 classic salad, 1 piece multigrain bread

S: Trader Joe's Pomegranate Nonfat Yogurt

Dinner: 4 oz salmon, 1/2 baked potato, spinach and tomato salad with lemon juice

And now I'm getting ready for the gym, so I can watch The Biggest Loser while on the treadmill.
of course Emily! the more the merrier and i see your a BL fan!! even more of a welcome i love the show!! not seen season 8 yet, i just finished watching season 7. whilst i was on my bike i was watching season 1 of the australia version on my little ipod hehehe. makes the time go by.

Good job Angela! love how detailed you are

Last edited by Echo; 09-22-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #36  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Welcome, Emily! Join in whenever. Pomegranate yogurt sounds yummy...

Angela - Nice going with the cals today! I love how evenly distributed you are - you're a textbook example of how to eat throughout the day. Good job! for your stressful day.

Echo - on the 666. Weird how that happens huh? Good job on the exercise! Your dinner didn't look bad at all. But wow, just calling a pack of M&Ms lunch? hmm... dunno how I feel about that. I would be starved later on. I guess she was forced into that situation if there's nothing available on set. I read that on Baywatch, the actresses were told to stay within 5 lbs of their weight. One of them was supposed to stay +/- 5 lbs of 115 (she's 5'4 I think) and she said it was torture because they would hire catering companies to bring in all sorts of yummy sandwiches and desserts and stuff. Isn't that awful? I thought it sounded so archaic that they would put a weight clause in her contract, it totally sounded like something out of the 50s. Anyway, ramble over.

More chit-chat: I saw The Class, a French movie that won a Palm d'or (French oscar?) last year. It was terrific - held my interest throughout the whole movie, which rarely happens. I have the attention span of a goldfish, so if a movie has a slow start, I get restless. Haha. I'm such a 5 year old. Anyway, if you have a chance, see it!

I'm temporarily giving up on growing veggies. Apparently, this is the end of the veggie growing season so I should wait until next May. Blah. At least I have my basil plant to look after.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #37  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for your well wishes everyone. I am feeling better today, just a little achy and tired. I think I had a virus or possibly it was a reaction to a medication I take that just got increased....anyway, I am feeling pretty good today.

I walked on my break at work, I did some of the callanetics plan for ten or fifteen minutes and I literally chased my granddaughter all over the house, haha. She just started walking this past weekend, so she is zooming everywhere!!!

today's menu:
herbal tea, raspberry leaf today
coffee with creamer
banana

milk
tuna salad on a bun
1 cup of cole slaw
1 cup fruit in light syrup
couple of dill pickles

1 oz tortilla chips
2 tbsp salsa
1 tspn sour cream
herbal iced tea

*I still have a few hundred calories left, I am short of my 1,500 per day but I don't want to eat anything after 9pm besides I am not hungry.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #38  
Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
i got a meeting with my supervisor on thursday. im so dreading it!! as they end up leaving me with absolutely no confidence. instead of feeling positive, i always end up feeling pessimistic and negative. but they apparently want to see me, to offer advice. ha! more like scare me senseless. im soo dreading it, id rather have my viva then meet my sups!! hahaha. gonna try and meet a friend for coffee afterwards. but gonna go for the skinny version! hehe well i hope i do ! lol
This is typical. Mine did the same to me. I worked with another prof for a good portion of my project and he said to me "I'm going to make sure I GRILL you. Better come prepared." I was so scared, I think I peed my pants.

Anyway, day of defense, he didn't say a word. Just nodded along. *eyeroll* He's a cool guy, I think he's great but really. Was that necessary? I was scared enough as is. A friend who had gone through this told me to be confident because I was the expert in the room as the rest are experts in their subjects, which I was combining to make mine. That sounded confusing but what I meant to say was you'll be fine. Make sure you cover all the holes in your project (I had some I could drive a truck through!) with reasonable explanations and they can't do anything. At least not in the US. Dunno about the UK, but you guys can't be that much different.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #39  

Sunnigummi, I saw The Class last spring and really enjoyed it - I love gritty French movies.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:45 AM   #40  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Welcome, Emily! Join in whenever. Pomegranate yogurt sounds yummy...

Angela - Nice going with the cals today! I love how evenly distributed you are - you're a textbook example of how to eat throughout the day. Good job! for your stressful day.

Echo - on the 666. Weird how that happens huh? Good job on the exercise! Your dinner didn't look bad at all. But wow, just calling a pack of M&Ms lunch? hmm... dunno how I feel about that. I would be starved later on. I guess she was forced into that situation if there's nothing available on set. I read that on Baywatch, the actresses were told to stay within 5 lbs of their weight. One of them was supposed to stay +/- 5 lbs of 115 (she's 5'4 I think) and she said it was torture because they would hire catering companies to bring in all sorts of yummy sandwiches and desserts and stuff. Isn't that awful? I thought it sounded so archaic that they would put a weight clause in her contract, it totally sounded like something out of the 50s. Anyway, ramble over.

More chit-chat: I saw The Class, a French movie that won a Palm d'or (French oscar?) last year. It was terrific - held my interest throughout the whole movie, which rarely happens. I have the attention span of a goldfish, so if a movie has a slow start, I get restless. Haha. I'm such a 5 year old. Anyway, if you have a chance, see it!

I'm temporarily giving up on growing veggies. Apparently, this is the end of the veggie growing season so I should wait until next May. Blah. At least I have my basil plant to look after.
thats so awesome that you grow your own veggies, talk about organic! i would love to do that!

interesting about the baywatch story!!

aww basil plant. i must get me one of those!! did you buy it as a plant ? where does it sit? at the window sil?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #41  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
This is typical. Mine did the same to me. I worked with another prof for a good portion of my project and he said to me "I'm going to make sure I GRILL you. Better come prepared." I was so scared, I think I peed my pants.

Anyway, day of defense, he didn't say a word. Just nodded along. *eyeroll* He's a cool guy, I think he's great but really. Was that necessary? I was scared enough as is. A friend who had gone through this told me to be confident because I was the expert in the room as the rest are experts in their subjects, which I was combining to make mine. That sounded confusing but what I meant to say was you'll be fine. Make sure you cover all the holes in your project (I had some I could drive a truck through!) with reasonable explanations and they can't do anything. At least not in the US. Dunno about the UK, but you guys can't be that much different.
really!? omg, same here! my sup goes to me, my viva is going to be BRUTAL!! and i have to know everything there is !!

i am still worried about defending my thesis. but i dunno just gonna do my best.

i just emailed them telling them i'm gonna go in mid morning and print some papers that my examiners have written. cause my meeting is at 2pm. and i dont wanna waste a whole day just sitting around waiting for the meeting and phaffing at home. so i thought i would leave home early, get there print the papers and just sit in the corner somewhere and do some heavy duty reading, until they are available to meet me. i still dont feel confident that i can defend my thesis. but im just gonna see how it goes. part of me, just cant for the nightmare to be over! its like a black cloud over my head. i feel like im stuck in treacle, cant move on with my life.

thanks for the pep talk!! it comforts me to know you been through this
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #42  
Lose the holiday lbs!

now onto a happier note! so like i said earlier this week, i gained a whole pound after over eating on sunday. but this morning, i lost it again, and lost abit more! yipeeee

i'm now at 163.4!!! wow i couldnt believe it. i'm a happy bunny. hehe but ticker doesnt see decimal places, so it says 163. haha fine by me! lol.
now i gotta maintain it!!!!

gonna go and have breakfast. catch ya girls later.

Last edited by Echo; 09-23-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #43  
Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
Sunnigummi, I saw The Class last spring and really enjoyed it - I love gritty French movies.
Right? I thought it was really good. Reminded me of my own teaching experience in high school. I had to deal with brats too. It also made me want to learn French. What a pretty language!

Quote:
aww basil plant. i must get me one of those!! did you buy it as a plant ? where does it sit? at the window sil?
I got it at my grocery store, they were already young plants. I think I got 5-6 stalks, each with 5 leaves. Very sparse looking. All you do is transfer it into a pot, roots and all and water it well. It loves sunlight but can deal with a range of temps. I leave mine outside and it's doing fine. Give it a week or so to adjust to the conditions at your house and then start harvesting when the leaves start to grow. I bought the Miracle Grow potting soil so it would have all the nutrients and all I do is water it. When you harvest, pluck leaves at the junction of the next two leaves. That forces the plant to grow new leaves there and it will look bushier.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #44  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Right? I thought it was really good. Reminded me of my own teaching experience in high school. I had to deal with brats too. It also made me want to learn French. What a pretty language!

I got it at my grocery store, they were already young plants. I think I got 5-6 stalks, each with 5 leaves. Very sparse looking. All you do is transfer it into a pot, roots and all and water it well. It loves sunlight but can deal with a range of temps. I leave mine outside and it's doing fine. Give it a week or so to adjust to the conditions at your house and then start harvesting when the leaves start to grow. I bought the Miracle Grow potting soil so it would have all the nutrients and all I do is water it. When you harvest, pluck leaves at the junction of the next two leaves. That forces the plant to grow new leaves there and it will look bushier.
oh wow ! thats awesome thanks !! i am gonna go and buy one!! hehehe thanks for the tips !
Old 09-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #45  
Here we go again...

Quote:
now onto a happier note! so like i said earlier this week, i gained a whole pound after over eating on sunday. but this morning, i lost it again, and lost abit more! yipeeee

i'm now at 163.4!!! wow i couldnt believe it. i'm a happy bunny. hehe but ticker doesnt see decimal places, so it says 163. haha fine by me! lol.
now i gotta maintain it!!!!

gonna go and have breakfast. catch ya girls later.
Good luck with the meeting! I know it's hard to stay positive (hence my comment about being a puddle of misery), but just deal with what they have to say and throw it out the other ear when you get out. Actually, I think it's good that they scare you like that. It made me really study and cover my bases - not take it too lightly. I know someone who took the proposal lightly and it did NOT go over well. Person was ripped by the committee and told to redesign the project - all because of a lack of studying. So this is - in a very strange way - a blessing. I'm here anytime you need to vent or need some support.

Congrats on the new low!! Woohoo! This morning I weighed in at 157. I think the lowest I went back in '07 was 156, so I have a couple lbs to go before I beat that. Wow. I just can't believe it's happening...I thought for sure I would give up by now... Thanks to you gals, I'm still on plan! all around!
Closed Thread