Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #46  

I'm feeling under the weather today - sore throat and stuffy nose, ugh. I guess that's what I get for babysitting a sick kid during Atlanta's big flood on Monday.

On a happier note, I weighed myself this morning and was one pound down. I weighed yesterday afternoon, not morning, so it's probably less than a whole pound that I'm actually down, but I was still happy to see a smaller number.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #47  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Yay, Emily!! You know, I honestly believe that all it takes is just a little loss to keep me motivated and stay on plan for another day. Sorry to hear you're sick. It's that time of the year when everyone starts getting the sniffles, especially the little kadiddles.

I'm feeling tired and I don't know why. Not body wise, but my head feels stuffy and my undereyes feel tired. Blah. I'm not in the mood to take another nap and then get mad cause I could've accomplished something in my nap time, so I'll just keep my eyes open and keep working.

Check back in later with my confessions.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #48  

Not sure I'll make it to the gym today (it might actually be a bad idea, given how bad I still feel), but I've still been pretty much OP with food today:

B: 1 cup oatmeal, 4 oz orange juice, 1/2 banana

L: 1 cup vegetarian chili, 1 cup spinach and tomatoes cooked in low sodium v8

S: 2/3 cup cheerios snack mix, 3 almonds, 1 laughing cow wedge

For dinner, I'll probably do tomato soup, zucchini, and a veggie burger.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #49  
Here we go again...

I love tomato soup. This is going to sound gross, but I add cooked onions to my soup. It tastes divine!

Today's confessions:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, Instant Oatmeal (255)

Snack - 5 olives, 1/4 cup of raisins (155)

Lunch - Chicken biryani (1 cup of rice + 2 chicken legs) (500)

Snack - Popcorn (100)

Dinner - Chickpea curry (300), roasted bellpeppers and potatoes (200), 1 cup white rice (200), 1/4 cup of yogurt (30)

Dessert - 1/4 cup of raisins (130)

Total: 1870 cals, blah over by 70 today and no exercise to account for it.

That's alright, though. Tomorrow's another day, heh.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #50  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

hey guys, just a quick note from me, i'm so sleepy. and gotta wake up at 6am tommorow, its already nearing 1am.

i still have heaps of papers to read through before my meeting with my supervisor tommorow at 2pm. but im too sleepy now, so will read them in the morning.

i'm nervous meeting my sups, but going to pretend to be positive and confident lol no more negative thinking !! until after my viva lol.

to treat myself. im going to buy a skinny hazelnut latte when i go there haha.

i've never gotten the skinny version. so im gonna give it a try!! i usually buy the full fat version hehe. but thought let me make a lower calorie option so when im at the coffee shop, i will be thinking about this public statement that i have declared, that i WILL buy a skinny hazelnut latte!!!

foodwise tody, was okay. did some exercise on my

i've filled my backpack with all the papers i wanna read before my meeting. its so heavy ! lol i have such high expectations that i will read them all tommorow morning hahahaha. i know i wont - but it just makes me feel better that i have them all with me. plus lol the extra weight, i can think of as having a workout whilst i'm walking around town hahaha

i'm gonna study in the morning at home, and then leave at 9.20am.

not looking forward to waking up at 6am! gonna have to drink some coffee to get me awake. i hope i can wake up at 6am. i guess its just one day. and i can always take a nap when i get back home.

okay i'm publicly declaring that i am going to wake up at 6am, and only have 5 hours of sleep. there i've said it, so now i have to do it. besides for my actual viva. thats the time i WILL be waking up! so good rehearsal. but hopefully the night before my viva. i will be in bed by 11pm the latest.

okay thanks for listening.

nite nite

Last edited by Echo; 09-23-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Good Luck Echo!! I will be prayin for ya.. I have every confidence your gonna rock it out and kick some a... !!
Sunni.. girl I hope you got the energy you needed to get through the rest of the day and the rest of what you wanted to accomplish... and don't sweat 70cal. you know just by walking around today you burnt those off... O..and thanks for the hugs.. greatly appriciated n much needed... back at ya!

Here is my day today...

Breakfast
1 serving of Instant Oatmeal , maple n brown sugar
30g of whole natural almonds
1/2 cup skim milk
1 Fruit to Go
Total - 445cal.

Mid Morning Snack
1 cup mixed berry green tea
1 All Bran bar
1 100c. pkg. craisins
Total - 230cals.

Snack
1 small container of yogurt
2 clemintines
Total - 115cals.

Lunch
Slimfast Shake with skim milk
1 serving (8) crispy mini rice cakes
Total - 273cals.

Afternoon Snack
1 serving of garden vegetable breton crackers
1 cheese stick
Total - 170cals.

Supper
1 cup of homemade chicken noodle soup (made with gluten free noodles)
1/2 chicken sandwich
Total - 354cals.

Evening Snack
1 Nature Valley Trail Mix Chewy Granola Bar
1 serving(14g) Sea Salt n Lime Mini Rice Cakes
Total - 210cals.

Total Calories for the day - 1,797

AND I did my Cardio Max video right after work!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 09-23-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #52  
Here we go again...

Echo - good luck sweetie! You sound exhausted. No worries, it will all be over soon!

Ang - yeah, I actually did manage to get the majority of my list done today! It's a miracle because I am the laziest person I know. Haha. Maybe all this discipline with weight loss is spreading out to other areas? Let's hope it stays.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about 70 cal here and there. Pfft. I'm leaving tomorrow to spend a long weekend with my parents and sis. Mr. Sunni isn't coming and I'm dreading the questions it will raise with some friends. The plain truth is he has no time off and it's too expensive to travel for one weekend (plus exhausting). These guys love to dramatize everything and it just annoys the crap out of me. They take my look of annoyance as confirmation of their bizarre theories. My other friends are crazy cool and I'm looking forward to hanging with them. It will be nice to be back in the ol' neighborhood again.

It's not yet bedtime for me so I'll be loitering on these boards before washing the dishes and prepping for bed. Night night & sweet dreams everyone!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #53  

O.. Sunni... I know what you mean about "looks" I live in a very small down where judgment/gossip/and pure insincerity while smiling all the while is like a virus running rampant! It drives me mental!! I will say a prayer for you and be thinkin of ya.. I can soooo sympathize and empathize!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I did well today....

Walked 4 miles (a little over an hour of walking)

Breakfast: Bran cereal with skim milk

Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich on whole grain bun with a little salad on the side.

Snack: Skinny cow mini chocolate bar

Dinner: Turkey breast, low-fat mashed potatoes, green beans

Dessert: Low-fat warm cinnamon apples with vanilla frozen yogurt
Old 09-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #55  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I feel back to normal today. I most definitely had a virus for a couple days. I did some walking, some playing with my granddaughter this morning and several minutes of callanetics.

on the menu:
coffee with creamer
water

herbal tea
water
2 cups homemade crab and veggie pasta salad, gluten free noodles and reduced fat ranch dressing
yellow apple, yummm, my favorite kind of apple

herbal iced tea, raspberry leaf again today
3 oz shrimp, 1/2 cup diced celery and 1/2 cup bermuda onion sauteed in Pam
6 oz light strawberry yogurt with 6 sliced strawberries, small handful of blueberries and 1 tsp of honey all mixed together

1/3 cup tuna salad
16 gluten free cheddar crackers
4 large carrots and 4 celery stalks with 2 tbsp reduced fat ranch for dipping

I came it in at around 1,550 calories, just 50 calories over and that is okay. I had fun tonight making my little shrimp and veggie stir fry and the yogurt, fruit and honey were really good too. I have a renewed affair with fresh fruit!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #56  

Lol.. ha Hydra.. I know what you mean bout the fruit.. and good job on the plan! I am glad you are feeling better.. this year has been ridiculous for various virus' we havent really seen before.. we have had low enrollment days lots at work.. poor kids seem to always get whatever is going... then the staff.. knock on wood I have not gotten very sick with anything yet..lol considering.
The only problem I have is what the dr.s are assuming is an inner ear infection, which I have gotten an appt. for a CTScan on the 14th of October so that they can get a better look in there as with the inner ear, they can not physically see anything in there in the office.
Annnnnd! I am so happy to say that by increasing my cals. for 3 days only so far has done it.. I am down 2 full pounds since Monday morning!! Happy me!
Good Luck today Echo... can't wait to hear how it goes...cause I know you gonna rock it out!
Sunni have a safe trip and have fun and enjoy your time back home!... forget the "lookers"
Way to go with your plan kellost!
Alright ladies..it is time to start my day ... see you all this evening!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 09-24-2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:33 AM   #57  
Here we go again...

Kellost - way to go!

Hydra - your food always sounds yummy...

Ang - Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not planning on meeting these guys so hopefully the comments will be minimal or nonexistent. Hehehe, but one can only hope.

Good job on the weightloss!! Woohoo!! I'm really glad cause I could see it was frustrating you that you were at a standstill.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #58  

Hey...where is everyone? I hope everyone is okay... Echoooo?? you okay girl?.. how did everything go today??

K well I kinda had a lil moment today where I ate way wayy too many mini rice cakes.. then spent the rest of the afternoon cranky as a bear after a very long winter.. haha... thank you tom! lol But I worked it into my calories, cut a few things from plan which didn't bother me as I was way too full at this point.. and I came in still within cals. so here it goes....

Breakfast
1 serving of Instant Oatmeal , maple n brown sugar
21g of Back 2 nature almonds/cashews n pistachio mix
1/2 cup skim milk
1 Fruit to Go
Total - 373cal.

Mid Morning Snack
1 Crunchy Granola trail Mix bar
1 100c. pkg. craisins
Total - 200cals.

Snack
1 small container of yogurt
2 clemintines
Total - 115cals.

Lunch
Slimfast Shake with skim milk
way too many crispy mini rice cakes
Total - 813cals.

Afternoon Snack
no afternoon snack

Supper
1 cup of homemade chicken noodle soup (made with gluten free noodles)
Total - 155cals.

Evening Snack
1 Nature Valley Trail Mix Chewy Granola Bar
Total - 150cals.

Total Calories for the day - 1,806

AND I did my Cardio Max video right after work!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 09-24-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #59  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Thanks for the well wishes Angela!!

you're so sweet! i read your's and sunni's message on the morning of my meeting yesterday and it really made me smile and gave me a much needed boost!!!

Thanks so much Sunni!!! really appreciated the support, you're a sweetheart!!
--

meeting yesterday went well. there were questions, i answered, and some i didnt know at all. so they gave me lots of reading to do last night to brush up on, and then today had another meeting, and answered the questions better.
so feeling much better now!! feeling positive now. and they said to me, to just relax and there will be questions i wont know to answer, and that its OK, and to just admit it and it will be more like a discussion. and to just think positive now and do my best, thats all i can do. whatever happen will happen. as long as i know i've done my best thats all that matters. it wont be the end of the world.

so this weekend i'm not gonna panic or stress, or run around like a headless chicken, but calmly revise...if i dont get something at this stage, to just leave it. and just review as much as i can.

tommorow literally is my last chance workout for my phd viva revision and the biggest loser 2nd weigh in ! haha

love the phrase, last chance workout!! gonna keep reminding myself all day tommorow, whilst im studying

so tonight i'm going to bed early, as i'm so tired from all my cramming , sleeping late and not getting enough sleep and waking up early. so plan is to go to bed early now, and then wake up early, and revise the whole day tommorow. and then leave sunday to just chill and relax, and maybe do some light reading, but tommorow really is my last chance workout (revision)

i have to say. that this forum. you girls, watching the biggest loser, and listening to jillian, has completely changed me! i feel so much more confident.
its right what jillian says. when you take back control of your body. it effects other aspects of your life!! because i feel power over what i eat and what i do, it really does give you confidence in other aspects of my life.

like today there was this mother and her two teenage kids who had alot of luggage, and i helped carry it up the stairs, and i felt stronger, carrying the suitcase and going up the stairs at a good pace. and it felt good that i could help out and i felt strong hehe. felt like a biggest loser challenge lol.

i have jillian's saying on a post it note , stuck above my computer monitor.

"FEEL THE FEAR - DO IT ANYWAY" anytime i wanted to quit studying or get depressed , i would just remind myself what jillian would say!! lol

Thanks Angela for your well wishes!! i hope i survive monday!! and for asking after me,

Last edited by Echo; 09-25-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #60  
Lose the holiday lbs!

my confession from today!

breakfast - 4 packets of crisps (dont judge me! was stressed and had no time for a proper breakfast, was busy cramming !!) - 450 calories

lunch - skinny hazelnut latte - (not sure if the guy used the sugar free syrup, so i'm gonna say 250 calories, poor guy, he was swamped and i was asking him how much syrup they use so i could make it at home, and bought the non sugar free syrup and was showing him, he was sweet , showed me in a little cup how much he was using. bless him). i'm so proud of me, for ordering a skinny latte!! (ordered a skinny latte yesterday aswell, but they didnt have hazelnutt syrup, so put nutella in it. was yummy!!! and i didnt care as i hadnt had any lunch and was really hungry! so that ended up being my late lunch).

dinner -6inch subway sandwhich = 574 calories. (it was filling! and i was very hungry. i even left a few bites of it. and then had the remaining an hour later) (tuna with all the veggies and pickles and sweet onion sauce, and abit of southwest for kicks hehe on honey oat bread. ) i'm so proud of me, for ordering a subway sandwhich. Bob would be proud!!! usually i would have gone to macdonalds or bought a tuna in white bagutte from pret, but not today! felt like i was on the biggest loser hehehehe. and plus walked extra and caught only one train instead of walking less and catching two different trains. hehe

burned 535 calories, through walking (15, 467 steps, 4.88 miles).

calories eaten = 1274 calories. calories burned = 535 calories. calorie deficient = 1261 (0.36 lbs)
Closed Thread