UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:23 AM   #121  

Take something to the pot luck that you like and is within your plan, so you have something to turn to if the food is all naff! It will probably all be cold food. In our neck of the woods (in Oz) we used to do pot lucks all the time, and my friends and I all had cute casserole warmers so we could take hot food.

On the present topic, you could get her a years subscription to Glamour magazine, or put together a hamper of stuff from Boots, they have a great (cheap) range called Naked, and maybe shove in a fancy eye shadow from Urban Decay or something. I did that for dh's 18 year old daughter and she loved it!

I've just worked out what I am, I'm geekycat's satellite moon!!!!

I've seen jen in person, for which I am very grateful as she is lovely, and she's not a whale! She is a bit scarey. When we were warming up for our run, she was doing great big kicks, the guy next to her looked worried
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:30 AM   #122  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

The look on that guy's face was priceless as Jen's leg whooshed into the air!

I've fone the 8 miler now, it was more psychologically hard persuading myself to do it that physically hard, because I was so scared my hip would go again. Everything seems to be fine though so hopefuly I'll be able to push on from here now.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 AM   #123  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I didn't realise people were staring... That's what I do to warm up.... Honest! It's you wierdos that don't kickbox that are the freaky peeps!

I'm feeling less whale-like today even though the scales are still registering in whale-land. I ate very little yesterday, and worked out like a trojan! I got to kickboxing an hour and 15 early. I had my running stuff packed so I decided to go for a run, but it turned into a short jog and stroll. My legs just wouldn't keep up and I didn't have my Zen, so I just pottered along. I saw a big rat! Then I got back to the sports centre and practised my stupid grading stuff in the mirror for 20 minutes. It's SO boring but I don't seem to be making much progress since I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing, I just know what I'm doing at the moment isn't quite right.

Class was good, we did lots of stretching in pairs, which was fun and painful, but mainly fun. Then we did some leg blocks. My legs look like a sea monster this morning. They came up in bruises almost straight away last night. I'll have some nice shiners to show off in class tomorrow!

Turns out Lee lost his phone (I said that didn't I?) So I am going to do my grading either on Thursday or Friday, then I have 4 whole weeks to practise blue belt. It should be good - I can do almost everything apart from the defensive techniques. There is one that is a reverse hook sweep that is freaking me out - basically you drop down to the floor, one leg bent, one leg sticking out to the side, then spin on the bent leg and sweep the straight leg round in a big circle and trip your opponent up. Yeah. That'll work! Can you imagine in a street fight? Wait - hold on a minute, just stay there while I lower myself to the ground then spin round to knock you off your feet.....

Jogging to the gym at lunch for some light-ish weights. My shoulder is still playing up, so hopefully the doc will be able to fix it in 2 WEEKS!

We're off to Marakkesh at the weekend - for the weekend which should be scary but fun. At least I get Monday off again, so another 4 day week! Yahoooooo!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:31 AM   #124  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'm off to the seaside today - its DH's day off and my rest day - yayyy!!!

Marakkesh - thats a long way to go for a weekend - DH's daughter went there and said she loved the food but the men were creepy! Make sure your DF doesn't trade you in for a camel, a rung and a couple of goats.

I've managed to split this fish up in to individual size portions of about 8 ounces each (shhhhh! I had to use DH's electric saw thing - nobody tell him. ) I am now scouring the internet for cod recipes which DON'T include condensed soup and crisps.

The pressie for the 18 year old isn't a problem. I've got a friend who designs and crafts silver jewellery and I'll buy one of her lovely bracelets.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:52 AM   #125  
aka Superwoman!

Cod and crisps.....

I forgot to chip in my idea - I would go for Topshop gift vouchers, but a bracelet sounds lovely too!

Oh creepy men! *shudder* I will be putting my kickboxing skills to good use then
Old 08-09-2006, 08:01 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Make sure your DF doesn't trade you in for a camel, a rung and a couple of goats.
What, is frus not worth a whole ladder!!! Hehehehe
Old 08-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #127  
aka Superwoman!

No I'm a rung short of a ladder....
Old 08-09-2006, 09:45 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Lucky you Frus off to Marakesh. Glad there is no talk of whales this morning either!!

I got on the scales this morning and they said ten stone 4lbs I got on them about an hour later and they said ten stone 2 and a bit. Went to the gym got on their scales after my workout and they made me ten stone!!

Not doing much today youngest son is out with his friend eldest son is mooching around. Martin is messing about with the tv.

Last night I ordered a lovely red belt from my Next directory.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #129  

Woo 4 lb down in a day!!!!! Well done!!!!

I've managed to buy a top and a skirt and a pair of trousers on eBay today, for less than £15, but gotta stop now, naughty me.

I'm really bored, work is as dull as dishwater today.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:44 AM   #130  
aka Superwoman!

I used to spend too much on ebay! I still have a door gym in the packet that I haven't opened!

We're off to the cinema tonight. I'm STARVING!!!! I don't know what to eat!!!! I've got loads of fruit and stuff on my desk but how will I last the night? I've only got 200-400 calories left and I have to eat on the hoof! Damn!

I think I might take my humous and turkey that's in the fridge with me. I'll stink out the bus! HA HA!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #131  
Consistency + Balance

I've always spent too much on eBay - but if it doesn't fit any more I just sell it - helps pay for the next item.

DH is insisting that we have BBQ tonight - there's a gale force wind, the charcoal stuff keeps going out - even the dogs won't go out of doors - but DH is at the far end of the garden doing his caveman act. I'm starving. I missed my mid afternoon snack/meal.

Has anyone else read the wonderful new Oprah Winfrey diet in Bella (or was is Best) - basically its eat reasonably low carb food every 3 hours. So whats different about that?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #132  

Quote:
Yeah, but you haven't given any of your newsy posts about dogs and sisters and...well....just stuff! Get your act together oh esteemed moderator, we want details!!!!
I sound soooo interesting.

I'm not going to SW as my lift isn't going and my back is rubbish. Still. I've had a massive (for me) meal and wine. Yesterday was my mams birthday so had 2 large meals and lots of wine so it's good I'm not going.

Frus don't be surprised if mad internet people turn up at your wedding with the place and time posted here.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #133  
Consistency + Balance

Ohhhhhhhh! I never thought of that... good idea! Gatecrash Frus's wedding.

Or maybe, knowing she does kickboxing ... maybe not.

C'mon you lot - SOMEONE must have a good recipe for using cod. The only one I know involves beer batter - not very suitable at the moment.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #134  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Frus, I LOVE Marrakesh, I'm so jealous that you're going! The hassling really isn't that bad, and it's just a fantastic experience.

I'm working in Sheffield again tomorrow The bonus is lots of petrol expenses I suppose (I've got over £100 unclaimed to date which I will put in on Friday when I get back to the office). And I'm vaguely considering a "hitting the Sheffield market" strategy when I'm in charge of the department as my immediate supervisor will be based in Sheffield and rather than doing hardcore pitching I'd rather focus on referrals from other people in the firm, who are mainly in Sheffield, so I guess that would help. I've actually got an eye on a desk in the Sheffield office that I've used before, so I might start colonising it with my stuff...

A big anniversary for me tomorrow - a year since I stopped being obese! Yay!!! It's strange to think I was so happy to get there and thought I was really thin, but now I'm nearly 50lb lighter. It's very scary to think that I'd need to put that amount of weight back on.

I'm not sure what workout I'll do in the morning. It works out as a cross training day, but I'm not sure I can be bothered going into the gym (not really on the way to Sheffield) so I might run anyway or I might do some pilates. I'm actually tempted by running - my knee must be feeling better!

I still need to get onto ebay and start selling some stuff, then I might be able to get some money together to buy some of the fitness stuff I want (main one is a bike, I'm thinking of putting all my petrol expenses towards that which will be a decent start, particularly if I'm down in Sheffield more often.

I tried to plan a route for a 20 mile run at lunchtime. I was very scared when I realised how far it was! I'm dithering between running 10 miles along the canal and 10 miles back and getting a train to a town roughly 20 miles up the canal and then running back to Leeds. The scary thing is that the train takes 25 minutes and then I've got to run the same distance!!! At least along the canal it is pretty flat apart from a few locks, which is why I think I'm going to do that, and it's off road which is better for the joints (not to mention no traffic).

Plus my very slow burning pilot bloke emailed me last night and wants to meet up again
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 123kg/110/90

Height: 165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
I've just worked out what I am, I'm geekycat's satellite moon!!!!
I just had a big meal and feel like I'm my own planet and moon!
geekykat is offline   Reply With Quote