UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Well my weight loss has been going disastrously recently, but I've kind of had a bit of a wakeup call i think. Firstly, tomorrow is my 25th birthday and I realised I've been fat for 10 years and don't want to be fat for the next 10. Also I joined Bebo and found all my old school mates and they're all stick insects. I realised that if there was a school reunion I would be ashamed to go and I don't want to be ashamed of who I've ended up. So, after birthday cake tomorrow, I'm back into it with a vengeance.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

I've had a bit of the same kind of realisation in that I first started putting on weight when I met my hubby almost 20 years ago, and really started going downhill when I gave birth to my daughter who will be 19 in October .... you'd really think it was time I got a grip and started to lose weight so that I don't feel like this for another 20 years .... at least that's what I've started to tell myself
Old 02-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #288  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgirl View Post
And I wanted to ask how Fred and George feel about the suitors in your yard????
Not too impressed - lucky its winter and all the doors and windows are shut. Still no reply from Ellie's owner.... I have a feeling his mobile is turned off.

RSG have a great holiday.

Katie and Wanna - I think we all feel like that - I know that I certainly do! I've been yoyo-ing for the last 30 years and I know that its really damaged my health. I don't know why I can't get a grip at the moment, except to say that I'm completely BORED with counting calories.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:59 AM   #289  
Consistency + Balance

Frus and Michele - I hope the PMS goes away quickly for you, I used to HATE that jumbled up feeling. (Which actually reminds me quite a bit of how I feel right now.)
Old 02-18-2007, 05:27 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you all

I am feeling great this morning. Didn't my period arrive last night and almost immediately I felt back to normal. So normal in fact I popped into a party that I had been invited to with a friend and drank four vodkas, had an egg sarnie the display tomato and some doritos. This morning however I did feel a little hungover but my Conor went to the shoppies before his paper round the sweetheart and bought me some lucozade. Which he then proceeded to tell me will do nothing to make me feel better I said you know nothing this is a miracle cure!!! Anyway I am feeling fine just debating to egg or not to egg!!

Weightwise my urge to eat like a pig has gone so I am going to take advantage of this normalish feeling and try and lose some more weight but my motivation lately hasn't been good. Isn't it a struggle sometimes.

Anyway have a good day everyone

Michele
Old 02-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #291  

I don't understand. Why is it that my mum is always complaining about my weight and she makes such an issue of it but she has just left me with a chocolate birthday cake that feeds 8? My boyfriend also bought me one so now I have birthday cake to last about 20 people and I want to start being good from tomorrow. I don't stand a chance!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #292  
Consistency + Balance

Ah... ! Choices, choices...

a) Postpone diet until cake is consumed - and accept that you're likely to be heavier than you are now when you start dieting again.

b) Ask boyfriend to eat cake and stick needles in to a wax effigy of him each time he takes a bite.

c) Put cake in dustbin and feel miserable

d) Slice up cake in to one inch slices, individually wrap the slices and then freeze them - then treat yourself to a little slice each week on your freeday.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #293  

Sarah, you are a genius. Silly old me did not think of freezing the cake. We were gonna have a 'dessert day' every week so we weren't being really hard on ourselves anyway so that solves the problem of the cake.
Unfortunately my boyfriend is nearly 20 stone himself and only 5'7ish, so if he consumed all my cake for me I think I'd be sending him to an early grave.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #294  
Consistency + Balance

Is he dieting with you? Nicer to share cake with your BF rather than stick pins in his wax image. I wish my DH could do with losing a few pounds - he's lost so much on 'my' diet that we're now trying to put some meat on his bones and, at the same time, take it off of me, not the best of situations.

Frozen cake is okay... goes particularly nicely with that squirty cream - tastes a bit like a pub pudding!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #295  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

WWAB did you try the cake? Maybe you won't like it but if it's good you need to have a piece then freeze the rest.
To be honest I'd probably do a then feel really bad.

Happy birthday.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 02-18-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #296  
One pound at a time.

Well I went and got my hair cut yesterday. Another disaster. It's way too short maybe I don't explain what I want very well. I pointed out to the girl that it was shorter on the right than the left so off came another half inch I suppose it will grow and maybe look OK when it gets a wee bit longer.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #297  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Happy birthday Wana.

Clydegirl I just hate it when that happens. I'm sure it isn't as bad as you think though.

I was only thinking today how helmet like my hair is looking at the moment I
must book an appointment.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #298  
One pound at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleherts View Post
Happy birthday Wana.

Clydegirl I just hate it when that happens. I'm sure it isn't as bad as you think though.

I was only thinking today how helmet like my hair is looking at the moment I
must book an appointment.
Michele I look like someone put a bowl on my head and cut around it!!!!!

And of course I tipped her for doing it
Old 02-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #299  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
Michele I look like someone put a bowl on my head and cut around it!!!!!

And of course I tipped her for doing it
Well where did you go to you daft tart? Go back tomorrow and tell them you're not happy and want your money back... I dare you

WWAB.. brill idea about freezing the cake by Sarah... if you cut the slices thin enough, you could even have a slice every single day and by the time you've had it for a week, you'll prob not even want it anymore... as for your Mum buying you it, have a word in her shell like and explain that she is being a sabateour to you in your plan and you'd rather, she gave you the money, a hug, or a different nicety next time....she'll understand better if she realises that you're losing weight because YOU want to, not because of her comments....it's really better to be honest that get frustrated with people

Sarah.... poor Ellie....poor F&G as well...Lew must be smelling her vibes from over here too... he's been making eyes at Pen who is fixed and having none of his nonsense....so he has to hump Dave's bed when he's asleep... Makes me giggle as Dave is so sound, he doesn't have a clue.

I've got some choc rich tea biccies calling my name.....they're in the cupboard and I'm ready for a cuppa while I watch Amazing Race which is coming on shortly.....
Old 02-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #300  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hello everyone, just a quick fly by post from me, I don't have time to catch up on everything before work. I had a fab time in Catalonia, other than the fact that it was absolutely pouring down - the heaviest rain in Perpignan for several years apparently. Still, I still had fun. I am a freak though. I got in at 2.30am and got up at 6 for a 45 minute swim before work (my theory is that 3 hours of sleep and some exercise makes me feel more alert than 4 hours of sleep and no exercise), and picked up the lunch I'd prepared for myself on THURSDAY (most of it's frozen stuff so I'd put it all in a pile in the freezer ready to pick up and go) on the way out so I'm well and truly back on track after a bit of cake eating over the weekend. But lots of walking too
Closed Thread