Old 02-09-2005, 03:42 AM   #61  
Mooz

Mornin chickies ...... just a quick call ........ I am not sleeping well This monitor take a bit of getting used to and it makes a humming sound which annoys me when I am trying to sleep and then I get so tired that I sleep through some of the times my mother is getting up through the night!
I also worry about what way I am going to find her when I come back to the house after being out shopping or walking. I am trying to tell myself that I cannot be with her 24 hours each day and that as she is nearly 93 something is going to happen sometime. I just hope it is during her sleep and not from a fall.
Got a funeral to go to this week also. The father of one of our linedancers dropped dead yesterday.
He had been to his doctor a few week ago and had been told to stop smoking and to lose weight ...... another reminder as to why we should lose that weight!

Patty - I think I should give up something for Lent also so I will have to decide today!

Michelle - WOO HOO!! CONGRATS!! you are doing so well and you are an inspiration to us all!

Nita - sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your vision app and well done for not giving in to overeating.

Catlover - when do you go to Mexico? That was one of the places Paul wanted to go to but he couldn't. Apparently at the Canadian border they took some document off his passport and it was not returned to him at the time. Without that document he could have gone into Mexico but would not have been allowed out of it!

Thin - I hope that by now you are over that nasty cold.

Interesting article about Flaxseed Oil

Some Fats Are Essential
By Raphael Calzadilla, BA, CPT, ACE
eDiets Chief Fitness Pro

Most people who are looking to get lean avoid dietary fat like the plague. This is one of those great myths that never seems to die. Dietary fat is absolutely essential in your quest to get lean, but it must be the right type and in the correct amounts.
One of the most amazing fats you can consume is flaxseed oil. The magical flaxseed has health benefits that will make you run out and buy some after reading this article.

There are two essential fats that your body is unable to produce, the omega-6 fat called linoleic acid and the omega-3 called alpha-linolenic acid. These fats, which are both in flax oil, are essential, because they actually help to form parts of the structure of your brain, eyes, ears, adrenals, joints and just about every cell in the body. When these two fats are deficient, body function declines. Plus, these essential fats help reduce body fat. Yes, you read that right -- they help reduce body fat.

According to The Complete Guide to Fats and Oils in Health and Nutrition by Udo Erasmus and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, clinical and physiological research has shown that the majority of diets are deficient in omega-3 fats and this deficiency can result in:

Coronary Heart Disease: Studies show that oils containing omega-3 can have a number of beneficial effects in the prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease. Omega-3’s have been shown to reduce the cholesterol ratio, blood pressure, triglyceride levels and cardiac arrhythmia.

Cancer: Omega-3 has been shown to selectively kill human cancer cells in tissue culture studies, without harming normal cells. Clinical studies are confirming the potential of high doses of omega-3 to reduce tumor growth.
Arthritis: Several double blind studies have shown that when oils rich in omega-3 are taken as a dietary supplement, about two-thirds of patients are able to discontinue their non-steroidal drugs and a further 20 percent can cut down their drug use.

Skin Problems: Skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, eczema, dry skin and other allergic conditions have all been shown to be partly related to omega-3 deficiency.

Stress: Omega-3 fatty acids are the precursors for the Series 3 prostaglandin's, which regulate immune function and are responsible for reversing the body's physiological response to stress. Some clinical studies have indicated a sense of calmness in response to omega-3 's.

Take a look at some other interesting facts about flax oil:
• Assists in the protection of the body against inflammation, water retention and lowered immune system.
• Shortens recovery time for worked-out muscles after high exertion.
• Assists in the healing of sprains and bruises.
• Increases the metabolic rate by stimulating brown fat cells, making it easier to lose body fat.

Lignan, a phytochemical that acts as an antioxidant, is found in flax. Populations that have high amounts of Lignan in their diet show low incidence of breast cancer and colon cancer.
It’s important to look for high quality flaxseed oil. Based on the fact that flax oil can easily be destroyed by light and oxygen, it should come in a dark or amber brown bottle. In addition, it should be refrigerated and never used for cooking. It can be combined in a protein shake or poured over your favorite food.

As with everything in the world of health, flax is not the sole answer to all your issues. It’s a great supplement, but you still need to train with weights, perform cardiovascular exercise and consume nutritious foods. Flax oil is marvelous fat and one more ingredient in your arsenal for great health and fitness.

A competitive bodybuilder and 2004 winner of the prestigious WNBF (World Natural Bodybuilding Federation) Masters Pro Card, Raphael Calzadilla is a veteran of the health and fitness industry. He specializes in a holistic approach to body transformation, nutrition programs and personal training. He earned his B.A. in Communications from Southern Connecticut State University and is certified as a personal trainer with ACE and APEX. In addition, he successfully completed the RTS1 program based on biomechanics.

Last edited by mooz49; 02-09-2005 at 04:46 AM.
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #62  

Hello Ladies,

Mooz - I'm sure sleeping with a monitor in the room takes some time to get use to. Are there any neighbors you could ask to check in on her while you are out?

Tonight i'm getting on the treadmill, 30minutes is my goal.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #63  
Mooz

Choose to feel good

Choose to feel good and your actions become more effective. Choose to feel good and you'll see opportunities that you otherwise would have missed.
Choose to feel good and you'll attract positive, helpful people into your life. Choose to feel good, and events will work in your favor.

Choose to feel good, and you'll find a reason to persist through the most difficult of challenges. Choose to feel good, and the problems will not be able to overwhelm your spirit.

Choose to feel good, and your creativity will flow. Choose to feel good, and your days will be purposefully productive.

When you choose to feel good, it costs you nothing and it causes no harm to anyone else. In fact, when you choose to feel good you create much more value for yourself and for those around you.

So whatever life may send your way, choose to feel good. The joy you give to life cannot fail to make it better.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 02-11-2005, 02:49 AM   #64  
Mooz

Looks like it is just myself and Ralphie Boy!

Closer than you think
In many ways, your most treasured dream is, even now, close enough to touch. If it seems distant, that's only because you imagine it to be.
To reach your dream completely will of course take time and effort. Yet you can begin to reach for it at this very moment, if you so choose.

The value of a dream does not reside in the moment of attainment, but rather in the process of attainment. And that process can begin right now.

Whatever your dream may be, the most valuable part of it is the opportunity for you to live with a purpose. That value can be yours as soon as you are ready to live it.

Think of the most magnificent, ambitious, meaningful dream you can imagine for yourself and your world. Just thinking about it begins the process of making it real, and gets the value flowing from that dream into your life.

Your most treasured dream is, today, close enough to touch. Reach out, touch it, and hold on tightly as you make it more and more real with each passing moment.

-- Ralph Marston

My mother fell yesterday while I was out doing some food shopping with a friend. I was going to a funeral later on and my friend was staying with my mum. We both got her back into her chair. It seems that when she thinks there is no-one in the house she decides to try and walk to the toilet that is close to the back door but she has to walk through the hall, living room, kitchen and utility room to get to it! Yesterday was the first time she fell while trying to get there. The problem is that she forgets that she fell and still thinks she can walk a short distance!
Going to the dentist today........ got a cancellation ,,,,, Thank Goodness! ...... this pain especially when I take a hot drink is driving me crazy.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #65  

Hi Chicks~~~
Sorry i have not been good about posting again...
I started working at a different place yesterday. A new boss too. Hope this works out. He is very fussy for a man. I was only getting one day at the last place, and i can still do that for her( be a floater). It will just depend on which day i work for this guy. I'm all over the place! Actually DH picked up another job to go w/this one. He may have to make a decision where he wants to work if they overlap too much. But this week they didn't. Well, there certainly is not this much work back home, so take it while it's available.

~~1DAY~~ i hope you got your 30 min. on the treadmill. How are you doing on the diet part? I'm still working w/the slim fast optima product and eating less. The walks haven't been happening lately with these new jobs of DH and myself. But i know we both move on the job alot. Now it's raining again in the desert. It is getting things so lush and green, even my allergies can attest to that! When it does bloom it will be pretty here tho. I think by Sunday the rains should end. Then walking will begin again.

~~MICHELLE~~ some great #'s there girl. Keep up the good work. The trainer sounds tough, but to see those results it's gotta be very satisfying.

~~MOOZ~~sorry to hear about your mum's fall. Hope she is ok now.
Glad you got the dentist appt. That is very painful. Good luck with it.

Oprah is starting a boot camp too. I don't see her show often these days, but i will check her website to see if i can join in there.

Talk to ya all later! Weigh in day is Sunday...coming soon. I will post if any loss is happening. I did not lose any last week, so maybe this week it will show up.

grouphug: thinlizzie
thinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning All you Fine Ladies,

Well today is another day and since I ate the wrong foods yesterday, I paid for it--I was kept up most of the night with a lot of gas and belching. I guess you have to go through this every so often to make you aware of what you are doing wrong. However, I have been faithful on the treadmill since Monday and have been logging in my progress. Yesterday was only 30 min. because of how I felt. My log from 2003 shows that I am actually up from 147 to 152-1/2, so at least I have not gained back most of the weight I took off since 2003.

Mooz - I am sorry to hear about your mom falling--every time Gene has a fall it does have an impact on our lives. He has been doing much better now that his surgeries are over. All the stitches are out and I received his medical records which show all the cancer is gone!

Thin - You are quite a busy lady--as soon as the weather gets better I'll have to come and visit. I presume you and your hubby are working at the outside market in Mesa!

Michelle -- How are things going? Is your health doing better.

Well I had better get moving--I am feeling a whole lot better today and intend to have only fruit for lunch.

Take care all,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #67  

Hello Ladies,
Was away from the office for two days, it was a nice break. My heater went out on me the other day, the service man is suppose to come today. Hope it's not anything major.

Thin - hope this job works out for you. I think the rains are coming our way. I got the 30 min. in but not doing to well on the eating. But for lent I did give up ice cream, and desserts, so that is helping. I saw where Oprah is having the bootcamp too. I think it's airing this monday.

Nita - I know what you mean on the food. When I eat something really greasy I get pain with my gallbladder. It's a good reminder of what I shouldn't eat. WTG for walking on your treadmill.

Mooz - So sorry to hear that your mother fell again. I'm glad she was ok. Hope the dentist took care of your tooth problem.

We'll I need to run. This weekend I'm am going to clean out one of my rooms. I was watching one of the get organized shows and i'm going to put all my junk & stuff in some big containers and then sort out each container. I am a major pack rat but i'm running out of space, so it's time to get rid of some stuff.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 02-11-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:44 AM   #68  

Good Morning Ladies,
Just bringing us to the top. Getting ready to start cleaning. Goal for the day is to have computer room somewhat straightened out.

OH, and I have decided I'm going to give South Beach Diet one more try. I know when I was on the program before it really helped with my cravings and lately I have been craving nothing but carbs. So this afternoon i'm headed to the grocery store with my list in hand to get foods that are on the list.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Last edited by 1day@atime; 02-12-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:21 PM   #69  

Hello Ladies,

Guess it's just me this weekend, hope everyone is out moving and losin. Yesterday started cleaning out the computer room, I think I took on more than I wanted. It's a beautful day here today, so I decided to sweep out the garage and move some things around. Wanted to get some sunshine, ok partial since i'm in the garage. Will continue in the computer room this evening.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:09 PM   #70  
Give peace a chance.

Patty--I know that whole cleaning up can get out of hand. Sometimes I just get sick thinking of moving out of this house in 4-5 years and how much has to be done.

Nita--hope you're feeling better.

I wonder if my new job will help, since I'll be eating at more "normal" times, and won't have so long after I come home to snack before dinner. Let's hope!

Everyone have a good week!
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:21 AM   #71  
Mooz

Mornin chickies .... just a quick call........... gotta get back quick to finish opening up all my Valentine Cards!!!! I should be so lucky!!
Paul is the only person to get a card today!
My mum was very confused yesterday evening. She just seems to be getting slower and slower.
I am doing the Shad challenge where every one picks 2 challenges for the week and every day that you stick to the challenge you gain 1 point so at the end of the weej a person can have up to 14 points. I only got 4 points this week My challenges were to ...
1. Drink 2 litres of water every day
2. Only have 1 cup of coffee and 1 biscuit per day
The good news is I lost 2 pounds this week so just trying to meet the challenge seems to be making a difference.
Gotta go get some work done.

Steady effort

Sometimes the way to move ahead faster is to slow down. Sometimes the way to get more done is to stop trying so hard.
When you're relentlessly pushing yourself, then the pushing becomes your focus and you can lose sight of your true objective. When you're constantly busy being constantly busy, it can be easy to forget what you seek to accomplish.

Hurrying through a task can burn you out and create mistakes that you'll have to spend more time fixing. Keep in mind that sprinting is not a workable strategy for winning a marathon.

Slowing down to a sustainable pace can actually make the results come faster. Remember that your goal is not simply to be busy, but to accomplish something of value with your efforts.

Take a deep breath, calm your mind, and focus your thoughts on where you're going. There is much power in moving thoughtfully and deliberately.

Time and steady persistence will achieve much more than frantic, hurried turmoil. Go fast enough to get it done, yet slow enough to get it right.

-- Ralph Marston

Old 02-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #72  

Hello Ladies,

Happy Valentine's Day!

We'll this is day of SBD and to tell you the truth, i'm not hungary but i feel a major headache coming on. My head feels "groggy". I think that is from the sugar withdrawls.

Cat - I hope the new job helps with the normal eating times. Now are you having to work less hours, or less overtime?

Mooz- WTG on your 2lb loss. You know you may not have met the challenge this week, but it was helping you focus on your eating. What is your challenge for this week?

Old 02-14-2005, 11:48 PM   #73  
Give peace a chance.

Took DH to the ER after he came home from work today. They say his hemoglobin is low, and he's probably been bleeding internally a while.

We think it's probably the same "cryptic bleeding" (no one knows the cause) he had in '92 or '93. But prayers will certainly be appreciated.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:49 AM   #74  
Mooz

Mornin chickies ...... just a quick call.

Catlover - sending you for your DH and I will say a prayer for you both.

Old 02-15-2005, 04:59 AM   #75  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya Mooz - well done on that 2lbs. Is the challenge going to take off another 2lb this week or will you be happy with just one?

Good to see you participating.

Good evening to everyone else on the thread. Sending good vibes for Catlovers DH. Hope someone, somewhere finds some answers to the problem.

Exit left skipping and wearing a happy smile and the crown, while carrying the orb and sceptre. Can you guess I am a happy bunny?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote