Old 04-13-2004, 08:04 PM   #106  

how come the more disabled we are the more we appreciate the simple things with mel its her wheels and with me at the moment its a pot of very white and very beautiful lillies that are in full bloom on my coffee table i also love to see my kids sleep without a care in the world i still go and watch them sleep and most of the time cry come on girls what simple things do you love to do sunsets make me a wee bit sad remembering things that have gone also but sunrises especially the ones rising beside the forth bridges are so rewarding and just for that special moment everything is all right with the world
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #107  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mel, I am thrilled that you have your avatar in place and you have carved out your own special corner here in the community. Nothin' like home, is there?

Linus, after spending the first half of my life rushing through things, I have learned in the last few years to greatly appreciate what is around me. Like you I love sunsets - I will rush outside if I see one and stand there for a few minutes to enjoy the colors and the quiet beauty. I also like mountaintops and landscapes - things that make me realize how insignificant we are in the grand relm of things. I also like a quiet winter's night when the air is still and it's so quiet that you can actually hear the snow fall. There's something perfectly peaceful about that. A double bonus is if someone has a fireplace going and you can smell the scent of the wood burning. And for those few times that we can get away from the city lights and enjoy a meteor shower up in the skies - perfect. Just as you say - those special moments when all is right with the world.

**Thunk *** - ahem. Now to get back to homework. Thanks for a few calming moments - catch you later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:56 PM   #108  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Umm, the special things in life.
Yes well there are so many - actually life itself is pretty special. So we will start from there.
I love to watch a rose unfurl in the garden. Aaah the scent of flowers.
I love the sunrise. A new day all pristine and unused is in front of me.
I love natural landscapes especially the really beautiful ones. If that landscape contains reflections in water then I am beside myself with joy.
I love the way the dog throws himself into expressions of glee when I come home from work. Wouldn't it be nice to see humans displaying such love for their family and friends
I love the telephone ringing early in the morning (daylight hours please). It is a delightful surprise from overseas usually. Then I can make a coffee and sit on the patio and chat.
I love to sit on the patio and enjoy the peace of the early morning. I love to sit on the patio and enjoy the stars at night - especially with a glass of good wine.
I love the peace of a winters night like Happy when the fire is glowing and the toes are warm.
I love the thought of another journey. Another place, another time, different people to meet and greet. Sometimes the anticipation is better than the reality.

There's more, much more but I've got work to do
Just keep me out of the hustle and bustle of big cities. They don't excite me at all except for a sail through or a quick pass through to see the gardens or fountains or sculptures!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:26 PM   #109  

Hi everyone and yes it is me. Sorry for not getting back for a few days....I haven't disappeared off anywhere!!
I am though feeling rather depressed at the moment and am bursting into tears at the drop of a hat....or Easter bonnet. After my phone call to the pain consultants secretary last week I just felt as if I was banging my head against a brick wall and getting absolutely nowhere. I did get in to se my g.p. yesterday and he was not terribly amused to say the least. He did agree with a couple of things though...1. The plan of getting me back into hospital where there is m.r.s.a. on the ward is not a very sensible approach and 2. he understood my reticance at going back on Oxycontin and having to take another drug to get rid of the side effects.Oh and he said no way was I going to wait for 9 weeks let alone 9 months before seeing Prof. Munglani to get a change of drug from the liquid morphine I am currently on...addicted or not a heroin addict. So he has started me on Morphine Sulphate slow release tablets..to use the Oramorph for breakthrough pain as and when.He is going to write to Prof. Munglani and "have a few words"!. Thank the Lord he is on my side.
It is such a beautiful day today. I took myself out to lunch after my hairdressors appointment and had a very vegetarian linguine but I am absolutely hopeless at eating linguine or spaghetti nicely in public and ended up with a few messy splashes on my white and aquamarine piped t-shirt. I was so mortified I went and bought a new long sleeved tee.....
Happy I am very pleased you at last have your Zyban GOOD LUCK with it, m'dear.
Shad thank you for updating me on the locust situation down under....mum won't think I have not got any grey matter between my ears afterall.I hope by now you have your new bug free, virus free, 100 % healthy computer in situ? I shall dig out those photos again and e-mail them off to you post-haste
Happy have you packed your case yet???
Lucky you off to Vegas...I am extremely jealous these days of anyone able to go off on vacation.
Ooops sorry not a very positive note to end a post on.....guess I am rather more unhappy than I care to let on at the moment.....
Oh MISS MEL.....I almost forgot.... I found you a wee fireman.....only my stupid attachment button won't do anything useful
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 12:32 PM   #110  

Ah I have discovered something. If MSN is open the attachment link doesn't work....so when you close it.....it does!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif fireman_blinking_md_wht.gif (10.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-14-2004, 05:53 PM   #111  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Some fireman Teel, it looks like he is nodding in agreement which doesn't augur well for him when Mel gets hold of him. What a sweetie. I hope that this concoction of drugs is going to help and not hinder as the last lot did. Interesting that MSN interferes with the upload of pics.!!!!!

Well I didn't get back to fix the computer last night. Lazy day and evening. Just did not want to do anything. Best get out of that mood unless I am going to vegetate for the rest of my days.

Happy you will be getting really twitchy about the upcoming holiday on Friday only another couple of days to go. Are you all ready??? Willing and able I know you are. Ready I wonder about.

Had an email from a friend the other day who I worked with last year. She has now got a job as a training manager in Melbourne and has offered to be a referee for me now looking for other work. Nice lady huh!

Okay, not a lot to report at the moment. Time to go do some work I guess. Aaaaah to be rich instead of beautiful.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #112  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

A fireman! what a lovely thing to come home to!!! Thanks teel!!!!
Thank god someone is helping you with the drug/professor thing. it's tough to go it alone till someone finally gives a hoot. Hope it goes a bit smoother from now on.

Linus~ I love all tings like the others have mentioned. Just sitting near water gives me the best feeling. Little things really do mean a lot. I used to be in such a "rush" that I had no time for them. But now I find I make the time. Even buying books or journals. The library with all it's book smells. Lots to love when you find the time. Nice of you to breing it all up too. Seems like it made everyones day a little lighter! Thanks

Shad~ You said a lot of my favorite things. I was almost on that porch with the wine glass in my hand! I used to wiggle my *ss all over the house when the BF came home and all I got was a pat on the head and Good Doggie look! Guess I had the wrong BFs!! HUH???? lol: Hope the PC is working?? Did you get into it yet and wiggle everything in there? the never ending stories of our lives!

Happy~ Yopu know I am so thrilled!! All packed yet?! Or still last minute choices? Better get a move on Girl. It's almost time. All my good thoughts to you for a great trip and strength for the YOU KNOW WHAT! Hope the zyban works. Have heard great things about it from others!! so sounds positive. Now do not forget....think before you open your mouth and rip someones head off! Love and hugs for success. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

I am pasting my journal here so I don't have to type it over. I had a great day as you will read. Have a great night/morning to all of you!!

COULDN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW!!
GOOD NEWS~ Went to the eye guy and had the original one. first thing he said was he's leaving and before he goes he gave me the script for the eye drops that I wanted. He said everyone has fooled around long enouth-december-and i deserved to be trusted with long term steroid drops. I almost cried!!! I do not have to go back till may 12th!!! HOORAY for me!!!
I rushed up here to tell you all the good news!!! The Pharmacist is so excited for me he had the paper picked up already!!

MORE...
I get the drops tonite!!! So I lose a good doctor to a private practice but I got what I wanted! Trust and drops. Yes there is a God in the Heavens and all is right in Mel's little corner of the world. This guy gave me all kinds of compliments and I blushed!! Told me I had all the patience of a Saint. I told him I really don't but I have no where else I can go for help of this magnitude so I try not to say WTF every 5 minutes and I left him rolling on the floor. Also told him to stay out of trouble wherever he goes cause he has a good heart and some patients will abuse that. He laughed and said I was 100% right! So what started out as a gloomy day turned out to be a great one!!! The eyes are still screwed up but i have hopes for better times ahead. I may be on the pills for 6 months or longer. They wanted to double them but this guy fought for me to stay at the same dosage. Hope after he leaves the others listen to me like he did. He really HEARS what you say. so few do. Well, I gotta go and eat and shower. Thanks for all the good thoughts! I'm sure they helped a LOT!!! love to all~ Mel

Posted by: MEL on Apr 14, 04 | 5:33 pm | Profile
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:26 PM   #113  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,
Mel's got her eyedrops and she's cutting and pasting and Teel's got new meds and she's posting pictures and I guess all is right with the world, isn't it? I hope that both of you find success in the new regimes and a little much needed peace and joy. I am really glad that you both found some friends to help you fight the cause.

One of the other things I love is sitting on the beach listening to the ocean surf. And I will have 5 days to do that in California as I insisted we get the more expensive hotel that overlooks the bay area. Just so I could listen to the surf and the sea lions barking and feel so relaxed and ahhhhhhhh. Thanks for suggesting this Linus, was good to focus on the pleasant things for a change.

You're right Shad, I'm everything but ready. I still have a full night to get as much homework done as I can but it won't be near to complete. I'll just have to lose some points for tardiness but at this point I don't care, I've spent the last 3 night from 6pm to 1am doing nothing but homework. Tomorrow I MUST pack and I'm not pulling an all nighter getting no sleep just to get everything done. I've been doing the Fly lady 15 minutes as I can to keep the house relatively tidy. I think I'll make it but I will miss you guys while I'm gone. I already have too much to take and I'm not lugging my laptop with me - in fact I'm looking forward to being away from the computer for a while actually. The Zyban is making the cigarettes taste funny, tomorrow I start on the full dosage. Part of me is nervous as quit day (next Tuesday) approaches. Like giving up a toxic friendship as bizarre as that may seem.

Shad, I hope your friend can help you out with some referrals or job leads. How's the economy out by you? Hope it's not as stinky as it is out here.

DH is pestering me to get a move on so we can take our nightly walk, come back, make dinner and then spend the rest of the night in our respective corners typing away and cursing school.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:34 PM   #114  

well this will be a very short post as ive got my favourite sounds on the headphones full blast and im kidding on im 15 again {boy will i be disapointed when i open my eyes so i just wanted to pop in and say hello and to wish happy a great smoke free holiday and to tell mel and teel im glad some one is listening for a change i must have the best set of docs in the world they always listen to me first then tell me what they think may you be blessed with the same by all
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:00 AM   #115  

Teel you are in good company with the food stains. Thank god for "vanish" bars I say. I don't think I own a piece of clthing that does not have some food stain which luckily the vanish gets rid of (if I remember to do this before I wear it again as ordinary washing doesn't work - crikey I have turned into a commercial!).
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:51 AM   #116  

[QUOTE=happy2bme]Hi ladies,
Part of me is nervous as quit day (next Tuesday) approaches.

YOU CAN DO IT!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Old 04-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #117  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies!

May I join your club of "don't own a shirt without a stain on it"? Seems over the last few years that no matter how careful I am, I always seems to spill, drip, smudge something on my shirt throughout the day? DH said I need a baby's bib.

Thank you for your good wishes. This will probably be my last post before I leave very early tomorrow morning. Today will be quite the busy one indeed I will miss you all when I'm gone, if I have the chance, will peek in and say hello but am not taking my laptop with me - too much other stuff to bring and now that they weigh the suitcases there's no hiding all this extra stuff Must have Shad pack for me

Wish me luck in Las Vegas but more than anything, please send me some good strength vibes so that I can overcome the temptation and go through with my quit smoking committment : Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And to my friend Shad Happy Birthday to you on the 25th!!!

I will be back on the 26th, don't be getting yourselves into too much trouble - just enough to have a bit of fun
Old 04-15-2004, 04:16 PM   #118  
Happy September

GOOD BYE HAPPY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:21 PM   #119  
Happy September

I had a slow day today and funny thing is....my top is in the sink with some kind of stain on it!!! I just noticed it affter a Boss-type had visited! :blush: Don't know what is on it but hope spray and wash takes it out! maybe the title of our next thread should be THE SPOTTED T'S!
Eyes feel good. More or less. Can't complain. Weather today was very nice. Bit windy for the peepers but nice. Hoping to get outside over the weekend and blow away some cobwebs in the brain. I'm feeling sleepy and think I need a nap
Hope everyone has a great night and take care!
Old 04-15-2004, 04:36 PM   #120  
:) Happy :)

Hi I guess right now, is as good a time to jump in as any and say hi to all you fine folk out there. Ya'll are a hoot... boy I am really LOL. Anways, I really enjoyed reading your all's posts! Wow! Lots of things going on here on this thread... I don't think I own a shirt that doesn't have a stain on it.... Have fun in Las Vegas Happytobeme!

Anyways, thanks for the posts! I'm off to more lurking and posting.......
Mistie
mistiel is offline   Reply With Quote