Old 04-03-2004, 06:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

So Mel is painting and Linus is boogeying and Roseblush is riding and roping. Sounds like a busy time is had by all.
So it's raining today, we wont be going out into the garden. But there is plenty to do in here so housework will probably be next on the list to do. I feel much better this morning as I slept solid for about 6 hours and didn't even have to get up to get rid of the water and neither did I get wakened up by coughing. Unbelievable. DS tells me I snored through the night. How glamourous.

I seem to have stirred up a few bad memories in my journal for which I have apologised. Roseblush, when you get to know us a lot better, you will see that I get great amusement out of stirring up some of the things in life that I consider to be stupid, ill conceived and/or just plain bad form. I don't mean to tread on toes deliberately but feel that sometimes people should look further than the nose on their faces and consider the consequences of their actions. It has caused some comment in the journals from time to time. Happy2bme and Mel have gotten to know me now. They let me get on with it knowing it will blow over. Teel is English and she knows me as well. Linus is probably worse than me when it comes to standing on toes. We're a couple of waiting to be triggered.

So now breakfast is over, coffee is finished, there is work to be done - best I get off here and go find out what has happened in the rest of the world overnight while cleaning and shining the kitchen. Besides which Shad the dog has another tummy ache. It is time to move upwind.

Oh yes and I forgot to mention that Mel was pretty good with the directions for the smilies in your posts. You can only see the little pictures to put in the post from the Advanced posting - ie by clicking Post Reply. If you type into the Quick Reply box, the only way you can put smilies into there is if you know the letters or characters that make up the smilie - usually colons and words. Okay gotta go.

Last edited by Shad; 04-03-2004 at 06:14 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:44 AM   #32  

hey all i really dont want to be standing on anyones toes or other body bits so if i offend i wish youd tell me its the way i was brought up if you have something to say spit it out and dont dither
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 06:28 AM   #33  

Oh we will Linus - don't worry. You haven't offended anyone here that I know of. You like me are the blunt variety possibly even blunter than me. Nothing wrong with that I like it. My dad used to say "always call a spade a spade, never a digging implement" Similar I guess to your 'spit it out and don't dither!' Lovely word that - dither.
Had a very productive day today - sort of flylady stuff. Work 15 mins have a break and a glass of water. Now all I have left to do is put away the folded washing and pack my bag for tomorrow. Mind you that DS is about to cop a pasting shortly as I see a couple of coke cans sitting on the phone table. Grrrrr. I get very tired of working and cleaning and having to tidy up after a 28 year old. Guess I might hide the car keys for the week or something.
Linus are you up early or is this your normal time??
Anyway time to go, another week dawns. It's been a good day and I feel a helluva lot better than I did.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #34  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Please girls let's not start worrying whose toes we are stepping on! We have to do that in enough places in our lives Besides my toes aren't even where you CAN step on them!

Glad to hear Shad is up and feeling so fine today. Linus please just be yourself here.
I wouldn't change either of you even if I had the chance.
The forecast is "dreary and gloomy" so the weatherman says. Seem lower temps, snow and thunderstorms are on it's way. Guess Mother Nature is having her last fling
Wish she'd have flung it in another direction! i keep getting the feeling I'm never getting OUT!!! Summer will come with a vengence I bet. We'll go from 35 to 80 degrees and feel awful when it comesEnough of the weather. I have been a good girl with food etc. The windows are done and they look colorful and full of Spring flowers. Jen got them done before the Seniors came home from their party. I heard they were thrilled. Today I am doing nothing exciting. Can anyone say the word hemmoroid? You know the "if it's not one thing it's another" syndrome? Well I think I got caught in it's web. May be watching movies in the prone position today!

Hope you all have a great Sunday/Monday and stay well!! Hope we didn't scare the others away! OH Shaker, OH teel, OH Rose .............
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:18 AM   #35  

hey mel i worked with people in wheelchairs for years youd be surprised what i can stand on and its just me making sure i hadnt pi***d anybody of ican be a bit too blunt sometimes and for gods sake if i go over the score someone give me a kick and yes this is my normal time im on this thing nearly all day i do abit of housework sit down for a fag {the doc says im supposed to rest a lot }pop on the comp and have a neb and then get on and do a bit more its just that i dont normally post until evening so you dont get fed up with me on all the time anyway speak later
kirsty
Old 04-04-2004, 09:23 AM   #36  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies.

I too can get pretty outspoken but have for the most part contained myself at those moments when I've been highly excited - I do have my hot buttons

DH decided to get the latest and greatest new digital camera - a Cannon 8 megapixel. He's been eyeing them ever since they've been announced and did try to talk himself out of the purchase. I know they are alot of money but he takes such pleasure in his hobby and it is his only de-stressor activity. Besides it does get us up and out of the house on the weekends, walking about and taking pictures so that's a good thing too. So of course, with the new camera in hand we are off to the butterfly garden this morning.

Daylight savings time kicked in which meant I went to bed at the usual late time and had to get up an hour "earlier" to synch with the clocks I did spend yesterday on housework, will return this afternoon and finish up, take care of groceries, plan my meals and wrap up the evening with some studying. Mid-term exam for my class on Tuesday.

So it has been a rather boring but typical weekend. Easter will be here next weekend. How the time does fly! Well DH is almost done with his shower, time for me to get ready and act perky zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:43 AM   #37  
Choose your hard

Aha, well DH let me off the hook going to the Butterfly garden. He knows I have lots to do today and spending 5 hours away (especially when we lost an hour today to Daylight Savings Time) would just put me behind, enjoyable as that might be. So he went off to take his pictures and I can be free to dash about the house and get my task list done. That is once I get off this computer

Shad, regarding your journal rant about the airlines not letting you "queue for the loo" - it's not just the international flights. Last year DH and I went to the west coast - a 3-1/2 hour flight. As soon as the seat belt light went out, we all made the mad dash too. The pilot came on and asked us not to block the aisles. At first I sat back down but then when it got more urgent it was like what can you do? The stewards asked us to sit down but I said the constitution of this country guarantees the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and I interpreted happiness as the right to relieve myself when needed. We all started giggling and it broke up a tense moment. We asked if we could use the royal loo in the first class section but were told no, commoners were not allowed in the elite section. So... we said well then you just have to deal with a queue. Wouldn't be so bad if people would just go in, do their business and leave quickly. I am very claustrophobic and I got stuck in one of the tiny airplane loos once. The door got stuck and in a panic I darn near ripped the door off it's hinges. So I really hate using them. When I can't wait any longer, I can take care of things in about 35 seconds flat. I don't know why some of these people take 5 minutes or more - what's there to see or do in there? And that doesn't help move the line along either. Long ago I saw a skit on Monty Python (Brit TV) that I never forgot. They had public loos on the streets and had a problem with long queues. To solve that, they installed a timer. After 2 minutes a warning bell sounded and the door opened full wide, whether you were done or not! I thought - you know, that's not such a bad idea. Don't know how it is in Australia, but here in the states there are never enough stalls for the ladies and you consider it a lucky day if there's only 2 or 3 people waiting when you walk into a public loo. They have even passed laws that sports stadiums must have a 3:2 ratio of women's stations vs the men's as there have been times when women have actually taken over the men's rooms when there are great crowds of non moving queues.

Yes, this is an interesting country. and you wonder why we are frustrated. With that, I'd better go get busy. Have a good one!
Old 04-04-2004, 04:33 PM   #38  

hi all how are we today {what ever day it might be } well ive finally worked out some goals for my weight loss the first is to get under 200 pound and ill take it from there im going swimming tomorrow as my local centre have had a policy change and thrers always a spare life guard on duty so they dont have to announce it over the tannoy that theer is a lady in the pool that needs assistance to exit the water {soul destroying and as one old lady said i probably fancy the life guard me being so young and all}well ive got some new exercise music guns and roses vangellis and rasmus and anastsia at the moment by exercise i mean house work and getting up and down from my fag breaks but im really a music feind and i have pretty weird tastes i gave my poor houseplants a spring clean they were desperate for a bit of tlc so they have now had a shower and a trim and a de leafing {the dead ones} and im now going to go and kill some wee men in settlers and ill speak all to soon you cant shut me up actually my hubby said i can talk enough for eighty so we justify 80 chicks
kirsty
Old 04-04-2004, 06:01 PM   #39  
Choose your hard

Ok, first we have Mel chasing firemen, now Kirsty reveals that she fancies lifeguards. What a bunch! Guess no man is safe around us Now that you've cleaned your houseplants, will you come over and do mine? They're pretty dusty - I just blow at them when I walk by. Loved your comment about you talking enough for 80 people so it justifies the new thread name.

Well I went to the pharmacy/chemist to pick up my Zyban quit smoking medicine. The doctor called the prescription in for me - no problem. However, I suspect because the primary reason for this medication is an anti-depressant, it appears that the doctor must call the insurance company to pre approve it first. I don't understand it at all myself. As the pharmacist said, you'd think they'd WANT you to quit smoking and not give you a hassle. But the difference between pre approved is a cost of 22 dollars to me vs not approved being $145 dollars. FOR ONE MONTH! almost cheaper to keep So tomorrow I have to call the doctor's office again. This will give me a chance to ask them, if I'm normally quite happy, what will an anti-depressant do for me. Make me giddy and silly? (too bad, no clown smilie). So come next Friday, pay no heed to what I say and don't make fun of me

I have sent DH out on a mission to find an oven thermometer that we can put in the grill so we can cook my roast properly. Poor man... what I put him through...
Old 04-04-2004, 06:21 PM   #40  

hey im not fussy anything in a uniform or jon bon jovi and i dont want to keep them just play with them for a while
Old 04-04-2004, 07:38 PM   #41  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Happy I wish you tons of all my best wishes. An antidepressant should take the edge off the anxiety of the withdrawal. Much easier that way....or so I am told!! Keep the courage. as I said a few posts back, it is well worth the effort. I have so many less headaches, sinuses are controllable now and my eyes don't bother me as much. also the house smells sooo much nicer. i will ignore you next Friday! Nice that you got to stay home and get to the LIST! I'll have to go and check on the butterflies sometime when they get on the site. Remind me, OK?

Linus~ Just want to play with them??!!! I cracked up!!! Hope you like the swim and can't you just pretend you're drowning?! I used to LOVE lifeguards!! I had such a crush on one of them when I was a kid!! OMG I almost killed myself on the high diving board just to get his attention. I did too! When I got out of the water he told me to never go up there again. He said I wasn't good enough yet. Maybe this guy saved me from a broken neck cause he was RIGHT!

Well chicks.....half the day was spent in the loo and the other half in bed. Seems like the body is having a fit with the antibiotics for the face/eyes. What else can go wrong this year!! Maybe I shouldn't ask! My diet was great today cause I could hardly eat! The scale mught actually move this week! Have a nice night/morning and take care.

Shad~ I was reading an article about how the wine industry in Yarra Glen is so lovely with family owned vineyards. I never knew this. No pics though Hope your day will be a good one.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:20 PM   #42  

hey mel i was trying to leave a comment for you in your journal but for some reason i cant but anyway do you realise that you had my sons in fits of laughter they where rolling about the floor im afraid that fanny has an altogether different meaning over here it means another part of the female anatomyand my sons found the fact that you found a song for it really hysterical and when my eldest said he was going toi wet himself if he didnt stop laughing i told him to stop reading over my shoulder but he said i was to tell you you made his day
kirsty
ps whats wrong with me playing i was always told a little bit of what you fancy does you good
Old 04-04-2004, 11:44 PM   #43  

Okay, well it is now official that my contract is not to be extended but as you all know I was sort of geared up for that anyway. Now I know that I have to get my cv around the joint and get some more work. Jobs come and jobs go, blessed be the name of the next job. Don't really know how I feel about it, probably relief is up there with it. Time for the next challenge. Best go and get on with this one for the time being tho. Next victim has arrived.

Last edited by Shad; 04-05-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:09 AM   #44  
Choose your hard

I'm sorry Shad, I know this job has had it's trying moments, but there is still something to be said for a steady income when you only have yourself to depend on. I do hope something new and exciting is just around the bend. When does your contact end? The end of the month? Hopefully jobs are a bit more plentiful by you than by us. I remember we first met just as you were interviewing for this job and making the finishing touches on your rain tank.

It does sound as if this place does not have all the pieces necessary to finish laying the foundation, so perhaps you will save yourself some future frustration. Will keep my fingers crossed for you and send good karma your way!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:24 AM   #45  

Ha Ha! Mel! That bit about "fanny" reminds me that my (German) boss (who had spent some time in USA) spoke about something being "fanny side up". My look (convulsed in glggles) told him there was something "wrong" so I explained that in USA the funny was this (patted my bum/arse/***/whatever) and in UK it was around the front! He decided not to use the word again!

Happy - the bit where you rant (rightly so) about the aeroplane loos reminds me why I find it such a bore flying. YOu just get out your seat and the "trolley dollies" come around, leaving you standing by your seat crossed legs while they dish out the drinks and stuff. Then we you are able to get past, on your way back they are still blocking your seat! Grr!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote