Old 04-27-2004, 11:55 AM   #211  

hi all mine has just come back online so im just popping in and promise a long chat later HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY and mel why are you giving rose{{{{{jugs}}}}] are they full of alcohol to calm her nerves if so can i have some too
speak later kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 12:02 PM   #212  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I could use some of those jugs today too

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-27-2004 at 08:35 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #213  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JUGS! ROFLMAO

Linus leave it to you to see the jusgs!!! Over here that means bust in slang!!!! Sorry Rose!!!!
Happy, I am so proud of your ciggie challenge too!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:30 PM   #214  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ho hum, so where to start!!!!
Salt. There's a good starting place. Salt and water appear to have combined to keep the weight on. And I dare say the birthday breakfast contributed greatly. Yesterday as you know I went on a bit of a fast. I did eat dinner, but that was it. So my day consisted of water, coffee and a piece of swordfish and huge pile of salad. Oh and two bananas. And I feel a lot better for it I can tell you. I might add that I spent the night back and forth, back and forth to the loo and although I feel I am very big still, I am able to fit things a bit better than before. Not weighing tho' that is too depressing. Anyway I figure I might just do the same today and see what happens. Then go back to eating but watching the salt contents like a hawk.

Happy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YOUR TODAY . Yesterday was your birthday here, today is your birthday there, although it is probably nearly over for you. Hope it has been a good day for you. DH is right, what would you do with yourself as a stay at home princess all day?

Linus, good to see you back again. I've missed your cheery posts.

Roseblush - sons must do what sons must do. I have one whom we renamed 'Action Man' as he leaps off cliffs, out of aeroplanes, scubas, skis and does 4x4 gymkhana (that's rv driving I think - he has one of those vehicles that goes almost anywhere, and that is where he takes it.) Sometimes I hear about his adventures 2nd hand, most times he tells me only when he has done it and comes back to tell the tale! It helps to only know about it after the event. A couple of times I went with him to jump off cliffs and scuba etc. but I draw the line at jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane. Bungy is not something I wish to try either.

Teel, have you counted how many smilies were in that post????

Okay, best go do some work for the cause. I'm leaving early today as I have an interview with a recruitment place for a job. It's not really a job interview as such, just the preliminary. Lots of hurdles to cross before you actually get the job.

First things first then more and maybe some unless I can find an excuse not to.

Last edited by Shad; 04-27-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 07:27 PM   #215  
Happy September

Shad~ Well prelims are better than walking the streets. I mean looking for a job not street walking per say! Now that I think of it...Jesus....I might have made a tidy sum of $$$$ in my hay day. Too bad I didn't think of that then! I was probably sitting on a fortune and never knew it! I won't repeat the journal, but you really have me "seeing" things I have been cheating on. Even the cheese. God How much salt have I ingested these last few months! OUCH! No wonder my feet keep swelling up.... sometimes I wonder about my brain. HELLO...IS ANYONE HOME IN THERE?
So I will revamp the eating to where I was before I got so effin creative with my plan!!! Thanks again for the wake-up call! good thing the fridge and pantry are bare-ish. I can start fresh with Thursday's or Friday's shopping. Jen can have the rest.
Well gotta pedal and shower yet and it's almost 7:30. Have a great morning!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:33 PM   #216  

When you go shopping, don't forget to look at the labels and find out how much salt is in the whatever in the packet or box. I am constantly amazed at the different words and chemical formulae used to disguise the fact that the item is literally and liberally laced with salt.

I forgot to mention that I went to the gym last night as well as walking the boardwalk. Hey I even outlasted a young bloke on the rowing machine. He gave in 2 minutes before I finished and muttered, you win!!! Yeehaa - 15 minutes at 30 strokes per hour for 152 calories. How come the calories take so long to burn?

Last edited by Shad; 04-27-2004 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:16 AM   #217  

Well that was an interesting job interview - actually it was a job interview at all. Apparently the agency has forwarded my cv to the place who are humming and haaing because I have not trained in Peoplesoft before. They expect a (probably no) answer by tomorrow, so I was left to chat with the Recruitment consultant and tell him how wonderful I am. So I obligingly gave him an insight into the Shad brain (whats left of it) regarding training techniques and dealing with twits and why most people hate to read manuals . Then I hopped on the River Cat again and found the car (it wasn't lost) and came home. I've done what I can and will no doubt get an answer in due course. Don't keep your fingers crossed or your eyes and certainly don't hold your breath. Apart from the exposure to Peoplesoft, the job is about 20 mins drive from home - sort of in the next suburb so to speak. No traffic - that would make a change. But anyway......... now you are as up to date as I am. Have a good night or day.

Last edited by Shad; 04-28-2004 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:43 AM   #218  
Happy September

Shad ~ Well I will at least cross my toes!!! Lots of good luck wishes headed your way. Someone should recognize your talents! Thank God the country supports me! Imagine nme out there pounding the pavement looking for work!! I shudder at the very thought!!!
I thought I was a label reader! But just started adding cheeses and things on a whim! I never lost weight with them and won't now. So I am going back to the original plan and stop worrying what I'm missing or what others are eating. I really know what all I can or cannot eat. I did this last year too. Shame on me! Well I am starting AGAIN!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #219  

Teel, have you counted how many smilies were in that post????

[/QUOTE]

Only 22...Miss Mel beat me by a mile...she had 40 odd!!

I am an unhappy bunny today. First I leapt out of bed this morning...ok, hauled my body in to an upright position, threw on some clothes and trundled off to the local supermarket that were putting on one of their "Diabetes & Nutrition" talks with a cookery demo. It was at 10:00hrs till 12:00. And so I got there and thought funny, no-one else loitering round customer services so I enquired and....it was yesterday and I was doubly annoyed 'cos yesterday my friend and neighbour could have come too and today I had to go on my own!!! So then I thought I ought to go into town to but my friends' birthday pressies for tomorrow and May and not go home, as I was meeting a few people for lunch in a reunion from a course I did a few weeks ago, and it seemed a waste of petrol to go home and come all the way back and further out the other side of town....so I went and shopped and had a cafe latte and thought a cheese omelette and a few chips would be fairly safe for lunch, except the pub only had diet pepsi to drink so I had orange/lemonade mix.... And I was really mad 'cos I have tried really hard this week and calorie counted and swam loads and walked and I got on the scales and they said "you have gained 3 lbs..." So Shad, take heart for you are not the only one who wants to give in and stop excersising and be thinner 'cos you are not building up muscle.....
Anyway mum and dad are coming to stay on Sunday till Wednesday so I have tidied up the house and dusted and polished...and now the weather has turned really cold and I am sitting here freezing...gone from Monday wearing a tee shirt (with no stains) to today wearing a fleece lined rugby shirt AND a cardigan....and still I am cold.

Hey ho. Sorry about the rant and rave.... perhaps 3FC could include a bad scale smilie as that is all I seem to get these days.....
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:06 PM   #220  
Happy September

Angry Scales

HERE IS A BAD SCALE DAY SMILEY I GOT FROM MISS HAPPY!!! :Lol:
Hope you have a better day too! I just got off the scale and weigh a whopping 176! I have no idea what is going on here!!! Did we swallow fat seeds?! OH well I must find the cause as that is 4 lbs in one week!

Teel~ Sorry you missed the demonstration!!! Sounded like fun! Have a good time with the parents too!!! They will be calling you MISS CLEAN!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif MELSCALE.gif (2.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-28-2004, 12:49 PM   #221  
Choose your hard

Oh my....

Sure does seem like we are having not too good of a week, aren't we?

I am having a really hard time keeping my mind off of the cigarettes. Seems harder to deal with now than when I first quit. And the 5 pounds I gained while on vacation is staying on the scale so I guess it's not water. Am whittling that away bit by bit each day. Salt is the and you're right, you really REALLY have to watch the labels on things.

Shad, I know JD Edwards and PeopleSoft are competitors. Do you have to develop your own training materials or do you train using the company or vendor supplied training instructionals? Sorry the interview didn't work out, but it's a new networking opportunity... perhaps something else will come out of it soon. If nothing more, always good to practice the interviewing skills. Know what bothers me more than anything about interviewing again? The older I get the more brain "gaps" in memory I have. They are temporary and last only a few minutes and eventually I can remember what I was thinking of. It's ok in normal conversations when you scrunch your face and say hmmm what WAS his name???? But it's really intimidating when it happens to you on an interview.

Hang in there ladies, tomorrow will be a better day...
Old 04-28-2004, 04:17 PM   #222  

my goodness you lot are down in the dumps and i came on to be cheered up!!! so i guess i might as well join in the moan my kitchen has had its second coat of gloss so ill be able to emulsion it tomorrow and the kitchen will finally be finished and i can get my collection of pigs and magnets back where they belong as it looks so bare without them so how were the collective birthdays ?good i hope sorry i missed your happy but my connection to 3fc only came back on yesterday afternoon and my god did i miss this place i had to do horrid stuff like housework and ironing and decorating but walked about 8 miles three of those unintentional as i kept on getting to the shops and discovering i couldnt remember what id went for so when i got home and discovered it was something i really needed like dog food or f**s {dont read that happy}and i had to go all the way back again so extra exercise and a dose of premature senility and boy am i gonna be knacked as im only 32 so what on earth am i going to be like in 10 years time the mind boggles and thank god my kids will be old enogh to leave home or the poor buggers would starve hubby can afford to lose weight so he can stay anyway ladies my dogs havent had there walk yet so im off and ill speak later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:25 PM   #223  

With sparse eating and loads of water and the diuretics I have shrunk this week. Well since that rant about the rogue scales and the fast. Mind you the money I may have saved in food, has been spent on toilet paper because I sure have made a few trips down the hall.
Yuk 3lbs for Teel, 4 for Mel and 5 for Happy and I guess mine was around 4.5lbs but appears to have been water retention. Are you sure you can't make that bad scale smilie (shouldn't it be called a frownie) bigger??? Just need Linus and Roseblush and Peacock in to make it a whammy.
It's 6.00am here and raining hard. Yahoo, one less job to do this weekend. It has just dawned (both literally and figuratively) on Shad the dog that walking is not a happening thing today. That will make an old dog fairly grumpy! Shad the dog won't like it much either!
Training materials vary between jobs Happy. Generally speaking you develop the training materials to fit the job. Depending on how much customisation has occurred, this can be easy or fiddly. These days, sensible businesses do not customise very much since it costs big time to install it, then even bigger to customise it, then every time you do an upgrade it costs again. So if you have an iota of business sense you choose the program that is the closest fit to what business practices you use and configure as the program allows. This means people have to bend to do those things which were taylor made in their old program. So as you see, one program fits all. There are the 4 biggies - SAP, Peoplesoft, JDE and Baan. All huge programs that go anywhere and do anything (and cost $$$$$) and then the others such as Arrow, Myob, etc. Basically they all do the same thing. Some do it better than others. But the generic program is what you buy, then you configure it to suit yourself. Thats where the doco bit comes in. Some of the biggies have a side program which helps you develop training materials and stuff. It's good but again it costs - we looked at SAP's ITutor when I was at QNI - the cost for 450 users was phenomenal. Around $360,000 - Scotty and I found a thing called CamTasia on the web. Not as sophisticated as ITutor but cost $350.00 and no user licences - we could distribute the material over the network and update in the flash of an eye. Anyway, enough about the joys of training. I had best get off here and think about putting the gym gear together - I have committed to 4 times down and sweaty in a week. I've only done one so far - the Madcat will not be pleased.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:29 PM   #224  
Choose your hard

Oh Linus - you ARE so good for a bit of cheer. You should write a book! My sister said one of the reasons she had a child was so that he could remind her of all the things she forgets like 'what did I come to the store for?'

Yes it is horrible the few times 3FC has been out of service. I have never tho been so desperate that I resorted to housework to occupy myself - best to hunt the internet or play games --- Ok Flyladies and Flybabies - no to me!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #225  
Happy September

Angry

MY ARSE HURTS AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!! If I haven't lost weight after today then there is no justice in this world! amd my effin eye hurts today too!
So both top and bottom are just ruining my happy-go-lucky personality! I want to ask Suzanne for sore tushy smiley, bad scale and a smiley with an eye patch! That should about cover it for me. Oh and yes, maybe a wheelchair smiley with a flat tire being as how one chair had died an awful death of broken pulley. Very painful I hear. Now having said all this I will go and find some tushy cream and my own smile!

PS~ Linus you had me really howling too!!! What a great post!!! ROFLMAO
I wish I could laugh it right off!!!

Happy~ sending you relaxing thoughts for a continued victory!!!! YAY HAPPY!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-28-2004 at 05:53 PM.