Old 04-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #91  

Very strange. I remembered something I was going to write and now I have the page up....it has gone! Never mind.
Oh sorry about the cow pic., not sure what that has to do with Easter but she looks quite cute, I think!!
oh darn it, my smilie link isn't working again.......
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I do wish that in this time of miracles, I could wave the wand and all of you who suffer could be well. It is after all time of the resurrection - a time of miracles.
Then Teel and linus could ride the wind again and Mel could run after the bunny instead of running him over and happy would not have to go through withdrawal symptons to stop smoking.

Not long to vacation time now Happy. Are you all prepared and ready? Raring to go I guess. At the can't wait stage I'll bet!

Teel, the plague of locusts never came to be I guess. We did have a lot of them out west but they are in the middle of drought so there was little for the locusts to eat. They went the way of all starved pests and stopped breeding. They will however be back like most pests. Instead the grain farmers have a plague of mice. If you can spare the Pied Piper from Hamlin then we would be grateful.

Another lovely day, but which won't be spent in the garden. I have taken 3 barrow loads of clippings and weeds out to the bin in the front. The lawn needs mowing but I'll do that later tonight. Otherwise, the roses are reduced to sticks and the lavender hedge is pruned. The smell out there is great. Now I will have to work out a schedule to do an hour in the yard per night or something to keep it up until things stop growing again.

Okay I am off to sweep, clean, dust and wash. Then plaster and paint and sand. Have a good day all - or what is left of it. It's only 07.45 here. A whole day stretches in front of me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:33 PM   #93  

thanks shad i wish you had a magic wand to and i promise if you find one ill come and do your gardening for you
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #94  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Chickies,
Hope you all had a nice weekend. Am I to understand the way you are posting Shad that you have Monday off also? I am jealous... sure could use an extra day. Even tho we have 3 days off they sure did fly by.

Have a lovely Easter dinner with the family. Lots of good food, laughs and a good time had by all. No overindulging at all. I looked at my plate and DH's. His was filled with all the meal selections, mine was filled with mostly veggies. I like the outer crust of pizza, he likes the inner part - too bad we don't like the same toppings Guess when left to chose on our own we like different things. Not so with dinner, he gets whatever I put out for him. I was thinking the other day how differently I have changed my cooking over the years. Guess it's a good thing or we'd both be weighing a thousand pounds each. My biggest sin today was probably having 2 cans of Coca Cola. Not bad, all in all.

Yes, vacation is at the end of the week. Am I ready? It's a bit disappointing as it will be cool and rainy there, even in the dessert of Las Vegas - highs in the low 60F/14F and at night brrr as low as 35F/2C. Would have preferred it to be a bit warmer than that. At least it gets me out of kyaking (sp???) with the SIL. Also means we have to bring bulkier clothes. I told DH we have to plan a mid week trip to the laundromat so we can pack less, otherwise I'd need a trunk. I am carefully planning out the meals this week - want to clean out the refrigerator before we leave. Good thing it's filled mostly fish, fruit and veggies right now.

And then there's the homework I have to catch up on It's one of those things that there's alot of work up front for 11 days of having to do nothing but think of ways to have fun! So, I'd best get my bum in gear here. Hope you all had a nice Sunday doing whatever struck your fancy...

Shad, the garden is sounding quite lovely. What's a secret garden that you mentioned?

Teel, good to hear that you got out and about today getting some fresh air and giving the horse a treat of a nice juicy pear. Eee gads. I can't go back and check posts so will just have to bid you an enthusiastic hello Linus...

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-11-2004 at 09:33 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:53 AM   #95  

Yes we get Easter Monday off as well. 4 whole days of bliss and contentment. I really can't think why I was born rich instead of beautiful

I've been really busy today and hurrah, I have managed to accomplish a lot. I've dug, planted, mowed, painted, sanded, painted again, pruned, chopped and mowed some more. So I feel real pleased with myself. Wish that every day was as productive.

So it's back to work tomorrow. But only for a 4 day week so that is okay. We have birthdays coming up the week after - happy and I although I think happy will be away for it - yess??? I get a Public Holiday for my birthday too, although since it is on a Sunday, it wont be another day off work. For us it is Anzac Day, sort of like your Memorial Day.

So now it is time to fish out the resume and retype it. I hope I can find the Word program on sons computer. It is probably renamed something like = that stuff I have to write when me Mum tells me too!

See ya
Old 04-12-2004, 08:23 AM   #96  
Choose your hard

Anzac / Memorial Day you say? Hmmm sort of like Remember Shad fondly on her special day - send BIG presents and wads of cash

Happy early birthday Shad as I will still be away on yours spending the last of what's in DH's wallet in Las Vegas on Sunday before we board the plane back home at 6pm. I will be home for my birthday on Tuesday the 27th. Haven't decided yet if I'll leap out of bed and face 50 in the eye boldly or turn around and yank the covers and pillows over my head and cower. Depends I guess on how the Zyban sets my mood

You are just the whirlwind of activity this weekend, aren't you? I am inspired and must follow your lead. Guess I can at least get some laundry started and a quick Fly Lady 15 minute whisk through the house before the workday begins.

Yesterday when we were at the nephew's house, my niece got a new dog - an Australian sheep dog. I was expecting this big huge horse but it is a cute little thing. It's 7 years old so approaching doggie middle age but it was the most calm dog I have ever seen. Such a good little puppy...

Well I'm off to get busy and stay out of trouble. Have a good one all...
Old 04-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #97  

Smile Good Morning All

Nice to see you gals are still visiting with ech other over the weekend it is so fun to read your posts. April seems to be a month full of birthday...Happy Birthday to Shad & Happy..... hope it turns out to be a Great Day leading to another Great Year....and Happy you will be Fabulous and Fifty......
I had a slow but good weekend.....I failed to go grocery shopping last week so just got by on what was here....sort of boring. I worked a bit in the yard ...I love flowers but I am not much motivated...the battle of the knapweed here is so overwhelming. The male robins around this year are bonkers...... I had one trying to fight with its reflection on the windows and mirrors of my van.....quite entertaining. I had a nest of robing underneath my deck last year...so cool I could just peek down and see the eggs and then the babies maturing..... they had two batches of birds.
Hope all is well with everyone. Yes, I am going to try to do the bike this week..... I hope my phone calls are a bit more undercontrol in the evenings.
Make it a good one,
Rose
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:42 PM   #98  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I copied and pasted my journal here. I'll be back to read later. Had a wonderful time at the Mall!!! Adios for now!

Bought new clothes!

I finally went to the mall and bought out the stores. I got 2 capri sets with rayon blouses to match, 1 denim capris and shirt set, 7 t-shirts & tanks to match everything for different looks.
I had to get 1X in the pants though. I get dressed sitting down so they have to stretch a LOT to be able to di it myself. The tops were all Xlarges! I can throw out all the rest of the #X summer stuff!! YAY FOR ME!! I even got a moisturizer to try with all my skin probs and an old Walt Disney movie

The Parent Trap w/ Haley Mills. I love her movies. Even Willie the driver was happy!!! It was good of him to take this run. They usually cancel this when there is a driver missing. He took it especially to get me out of the house. I must think of a thing to do for him. He loves beef stew and his wife won't make it. Guess I'll make that again. I did this last year for him too! Funny he was just hinting about stew a few weeks ago. He's a good and caring man. Even respects my diet plans! Speaking of which......
Food was good for 2 days. A little piece of carrot cake yesterday. Hershey kisses of course!
but just a few!!!
Water was good yesterday but not good today cause of the Mall trip..... so tomorrow it will be back to normal.
Exercise was great yesterday~almost 60 mins worth!!! I'll pedal tonite too.
I need to shower and get dinner ready and put all the new stuff on hangers!!! I am sooo tired but I'm still so excited I could POP!!! Doing the Mall Dance!!! I'll catch up later and tomorrow. Hope all the Chicks had a great day and a good night!!! Good morning to our Aussie friends!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:52 PM   #99  

hi all how are we all good i hope all ive done today is washing i think it breeds in my washing basket well i got through easter without one piece of chocolate not even a sniff of it but then again the speed my youngest went through his there really wasnt time to smell it had my nephew staying last night the one who broke his wrist poor bugger is in plaster from fingers to past his elbow and when i asked him to get dressed this morning he looked really uncomfortable and when i asked him what was wrong he said that he could do everything except his socks and would i help him yyou know i had never even gave him not being able to do stuff a thought when i asked him how he managed to get them off he said "ive always been able to do that i just do what you do and take them off with my toe of the other foot"see i come in handy for something well for the very first time in my whole life i have gone a whole day on a diet and stuck to the plan ive even kept some sins back for sugar in mty coffee later {i cant drink the stuff without sugar} and im rather proud of myself and when i weighed i am down three pound and after all the southern comfort i drunk on friday night im totally amazed but im not knocking it i really didnt want to go back to slimming world on thursday only to have put on weight on my first week on the plan so im going to play tetrus now and i will speak to you all later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:35 PM   #100  
Choose your hard

Argh what a day!

After much to do and I mean MUCH, I finally got the Zyban approved and into my hot little hands. Now I can proceed with my program. I also asked my teacher to post the next 2 assignments so I can get them done before I go on vacation. ACK!!! I will be doing homework for 6 hours a night for the next 3 days.

I am trying - not too successfully not to be freaked out. I don't know how I'll get everything done that I need to this week. Deep breaths, breathe in and say "I will be" breathe out and say "calm". Remember, you can do alot (except for your homework) in 15 minutes batches... oy vay!!!

Mel, I'm glad to hear you had a fantastic shopping trip. When do we see pictures of your new duds? Maybe I can make a movie to post online
Old 04-12-2004, 07:51 PM   #101  
Happy September

Showered and fed and feeling much better!
Linus~ Poor nephew!!! Kids are so resilient though! Guess he'll bounce back. Nice loss too!! 3lbs!!! Congrats and good luck in SW with the weigh in! Nice to be down some!

Happy~ Good news with the meds. I need some of them Hope you gegt your plan going and have a great time away!!! Too bad about the homework and hope you get it all done!! Sounded like a nice Easter! No piocs of the clothes. Alas no camera!

Shad~ If I had a magic wand I would finish your house, make shad the dog younger, get Simon a house nearby and find you a great job or make you a BOSS of your OWN companmy! In return I would come and dig in the garden with Linus!!
Hope today will be a great work day and your cv gets answered! Your BD is the 25th right?

Rose~ What do you mean you will TRY to get to the bike?! HUH??? Now you can do much better than that!! Let's move the butt Girl!!!! I hope Shad catches that post of yours!!! We'll give you motivation!!!

Teel~ You never came back with what you forgot!!!

I'm so tired I can hardly think straight but tired in a good way Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday no matter when it starts!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:53 PM   #102  

Why is it that the nearer our holiday gets, the more there seems to be done. Is it because (well me anyway) procrasinate until the last possible moment or does the need to have everything ship shape just seem to multiply over time.

Dug out my written resume last night only to find that I have given out the last of the written copies. Robbie was away until today. I have just rung him and will drive down to his place after work tonight to pick up my newly repaired device - all free of spyware and the mydoom virus - which I had mostly fixed myself. He tells me that it is in good working order again. He has also taken a backup of my stuff and put it onto his machine as well and will do a cd write from there. It will be more up to date than the one I have here. I just have to get the virus scan up to date and put on the firewall again when I get it back. Thank heavens for friends like Robbie. He doesn't even want to charge me for this work!!! I may have to have a word about an upgrade and rebuild.
So here I am back at work again. Not sure what I am supposed to be doing, so I am working on what was happening before I went to Toowoomba (in the absence of other instructions) reading your posts and generally wasting my day. Aaah didn't mean that reading the posts here was wasting my day. More than time I moved on I think.
Looks like a glorious day out there again. Maybe I will tread the boardwalk at lunchtime to make up for not going to the gym tonight (believe it or not - I forgot my gear). Just think about what I could do at home - noooo maybe not.

Mel the new gear sounds great, we wait to see the photos - don't make us wait too long.

Linus, I know exactly what you mean about breeding washing. There is only DS and me in the house but the washing is amazing. You'd think we were the dirtiest people on this planet. Or maybe I am obsessive about laundry???

Roseblush, you need a portable phone - talk and pedal at the same time. I love the robins nest story under the deck. Isn't nature amazing.

Teel, get back online again - where have you gone??? or are you fighting that doctor again?

Shaker - Easter is over, where have you gone?

Peacock too seems to have flapped off again.

Dog was very slow to get moving this morning. I had to wake him and get him out of bed to go for our walk. Times used be when he would dig me out of bed in the morning to go for his walk. Cat is behaving as per nornal again. Deaf to the sound of birds - but totally tuned to the sound of the fridge door opening. It never fails to amaze me how a cat can sleep for 23 hours and then appear to be in training for the 100metre sprint when the fridge is opened.

Well, guess I had better get out of here and go do some work.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:51 AM   #103  

Wink morning

Hi All, Hope all is welll with everyone today....I am making my coffee to help me get started today. am up early! When I tried to get the rest of the smilies to show my computer was blocking them so now I did get to view them, will see if they work for me. Doesn't look like it will be happening , oh well.
Mel so glad you had such a great day shopping...don't you love it when everything sort of comes together!!! You deserve it and you sounded so happy. I need something new, I have to attend a convention at the end of the month and am dreading the wardrobe that I have at this time!!!!nMay have to resort to some online shopping at the last minute. I am a terrible shopper! Today we are having a staff meeting and I am not looking forward to it...for some reason I have been having an odd vibe about the whole thing. We have a terrifc group of woman but there has been a bit of a weak link for a while ........ so now that has been brought to the surface it feels like everyone is going to take some static.....oh well.... nothing wrong with some constructive criticism.....
Happy, have a great time on vacation and the best of luck with your kicking the habit, we are all cheering you on . I lived in California for a very short time but it so beautiful and to imagine it during a time without all the people....it has everything! Win big in Vegas then you can fly us all to some groovy place to meet and party!!!!!!!!!
I do hope the gal Teel is doing ok... she hasn't posted in a while. Shad you sounded so ambitious over you holiday....I did one day of some outside work but have tons left to do....My favorite time to be Australia was during your winter the temps were perfect for me at that time of year. My friend that I spent time with down under is going through cancer treatments right now am not sure about his future yet at this time!
I bought some more bird shot yesterday and fired a few times at the birds peeking away at the house...they are very quick and clever...... I am determined to alter their behavior!!!
Hello to linus hope all is well in your household.....love your stories.
I have been not following through on my bike plan...... I have not a great excuse but maybe after my meeing is over tomorrow night I won't have such a load when I get home at night..... I really am about spent in the evening. I know excuses excuses.......
Well Have a Great Day everyone....hope to hear from all of you today....
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:52 AM   #104  
Happy September

Question What a blue day! Where is my sun?

Good morning Chicks. I'm rather lazy today. By the time I move my butt it will be noon! Sinus today so that is the dragging feeling. Today I try on clothes and see if I guessed right!! Jen is coming down soon too. Let the fashion show begin!

I can hear Happy writing busily with her homework even as I post!
Those assignments should keep our little Happy busy! I sent my wheels on fire to Suzanne to see if I can get it in my journal! LOL Jen and I just love it so. Told Sizie to give me the old boot if I become too much of a pest!

Shad~ If you want photos then you better get fingerprinted and tatooed and come here and do it yourself! Don't forget to pee before you leave the house!

Rose~ Yes the day did wonders for me. I am used to wearing stretchy cotton knits so it will be interesting to see how I like woven cotton pants! maybe it will motivate me to try even harder....

Which reminds me. As I said in my journal, I think I may be getting nearer to the end of the weight loss line. I cannot seem to get past this point and I have been pretty good to. I;ll keep giving it a few month more, but without moving about and no walking~ I may have gone as far as I can. What do you think? I would assume one of the Drs was right in saying there will be a level at which I won't be able to go past. It made sense at the time he said it but now I question it and am hoping he is WRONG!! I go between 168 and 173(roughly) Guess I will just have to work a bit harder!!! Rabbit food here I come!! Hope you all have a great day and take care! Guess if we want to say hello to Peacock we'll have to go THERE!! LOL Maybe teel is there too?! Shaker has shaken herself off the boards!!!!Must have been a **** of a wedding. "PEOPLE DO COME AND GO SO QUICKLY AROUND HERE". Let me click my heels together and get out of here! By the way.....tomorrow is eye day again. I think the news will be the same. I see no great success this past week. Ho Hum. So Glum! :ROFL: Adieu mi amis!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-13-2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #105  
Happy September

HAPPY~ SUZANNE PUT THE AVATAR UP!!! OH HAPPY DAY!!! I LOVE IT. I WENT THERE TO READ AND POST AND THERE IT WAS!! BIG AS LIFE!!! Wait till Jen sees it tomorrow!!!