Old 04-15-2004, 06:09 PM   #121  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all and welcome mistiel. Glad to see you posting instead of lurking. How about telling us a bit about yourself and what you are up to.

Last night I went to the gym after work and horror of horrors my apple green tee shirt has a brown stain on it which looks horribly like chocolate. So I guess I too will apply to join the Spotted T's brigade.

You lot have been busy overnight - but hang on am I missing Roseblush for a couple of days?? But it is good to see the thread so busy again.

Happy, have a wonderful holiday and spend so much time running around the hi-ways and bi-ways of California that you don't have time to miss smoking. You can do it as Teel says.
There is a fair amount of tech writing work around at the moment and a bit of training stuff too. I must admit I am not all that worried about getting more work. When will be the problem. I sort of depleted the reserves last year with the holiday and the new car so maybe I will have to live off the DS for a while.
Thank you also for the birthday wishes.

I was talking to the NZ DS last night and he too is trying to get himself some property. Lending is a bit more strict in NZ so he is very envious of his brother. Lets face it - #1 son is serious about money, he has savings and investments totalling nearly $100K and can only get $100K out of the bank. #2 son is careless with money, saves occasionally and when the sum gets to a couple of grand he blows the lot. He has managed to save enough to give him the 10% deposit required for the house this time around provided he gets the first home owners grant and his mama can help him out somewhat - another reason for depleted funds, yet he manages to con $200K out of the bank!!!!! Such is life. I know which one I prefer to lend money to, but as yet he has not asked.

So the Office Manager has handed me the worst job in the world to complete my last weeks. I'll not complain. I will also probably not finish it. But what the heck.

Okay, hi ho, hi ho it's off to work I go.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:26 PM   #122  

evening all everybody good i hope HAPPY ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY AND GOOD LUCK well went to slimming world this evening could only go and get weighed and come out again as i had to take the kids with me as hubby had to go and rescue someones pc so on the way down i got them a chippie for there tea and never thought anything about it so after i got weighed im glad i didnt stay as conner was waiting just outside the hall with a deep fried pizza and chips in his hand so if id stayed they probably would have lynched me anyway was felling very pleased with myself as with being out and everything i had lost three pound and it felt good right up until craig pointed out that i was the only one there who looked like they needed to diet as they where all thin nough said he wont be going with me again SHAD youll be working again soon enough enjoy the free time MEL glad the meds are working ROSE WHERE ARE YOU was the carpeting at work bad have you gone into hiding or have you all got to put in mega overtime ??? come back soon MISTIEL welcome to our wee home tell us all as me and mel are very nosy and want to know everything well nearly everything we blush very very easily{says me as my nose starts growing just call me pinochio} but do tell and no more lurking lurking is banned here well im going to play settlers now speak later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:29 AM   #123  

Good morning to you all!
Linus, I am shocked that Conner even dared so much as set foot in a hall corridor next to a load of slimming worlders!!!!! My goodness he lives dangerously
Happy I know you have gone and I hope you are already starting to have a really good time on your holiday..
Mel, you will have to teach me how to post a message in colour and LARGE to boot! I seem to be only able to do normal size font or a colour....not the two together.
Where is Shaker????
Mistiel....welcome to our mad thread! Where have you been posting since you have not been over here with us?
Shad!!!! At least the stain on my tee was tomato passata that was on a linguine dish....NOT CHOCOLATE!!! You bad girl you!! Hope it came out ok. My tee is nice and clean now after I slathered a paste of vanish all over the offending area AND bleach as well AND then put it through a hot wash!!!! Any stain surviving that treatment would have had me well (un)impressed!!
Where has Rosie disappeared off to recently? perhaps she is off with Shaker......
well I am sorryt o say that at the moment I am not in control of any of the pains I have. The chest pains are pretty horrible and not really responding to MST and last night I bumped it up with a dose of Oramorph so I got back to sleep. The back pain is also horrendous but I suppose everything is fighting with everything else for pole position in the "let's drag Sheila down stakes". I had physio yesterday on my chondritis joints so actually I don't have chest pain, it has all gone round into my shoulder blades again and the lumbar spine pain is probably worsened 'cos I am playing the violin tomorrow for my composer freind who is putting on a choir concert in Diss, Norfolk, that includes an Easter Cantata that he wrote 6 years ago now. Diss is about 45 minutes drive away from me.....(I know, a stone's throw for you girls who travel that far to get their morning paper but quite a long way for me!! ) and we have had one rehearsal this week, another one tonight and one tomorrow fternoon before the evening concert. I am not doing that last rehearsal. I need to be ok for the evening. I am fairly dreading tonights little bash through. I am in too much pain to start with without having a second, third and fourth helping
Oh I have decided to join the ever swelling massess and go Broadband with Tiscali. Hopefully my PC will stop playing silly buggers and not crash at very inopportune moments (sorry cannot spell long words this morning! Just having my first mug of coffee..a bit overdue! ) It takes about 10 days to get all the equipment sent and the exchange checked out and the work done on my phone line so I will let you know when I actually change.
I think it is time for me to get out of the sand box before I am chased out by Miss Mel as America wakes up! Oh I have out in an attachment....on MSN you had the opportunity to create a "weemee" to send with e-mails and obviously download the picture for future use. I created the one below....I am a violinist and used to front up a folk band so that is the excuse for the drink in one hand!!!!
Ta ta chicks.......
Attached Images
File Type: png weemeeTeel.png (9.4 KB, 20 views)
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:03 PM   #124  

Aaargh, I just managed to spill tomato down my clean tee while reading teels post. Guess I can't help it I am just a grub and now doubt ds would be saying that I shouldn't be eating over his computer anyway. No lets see what I can do with the
Woken up to grey skies and this morning. Hope it doesn't last too long as I have a mountain of laundry to do this weekend. As well as other things.

I'm feeling a little excited this morning. No I'm not going to tell you what it is about, you will have to wait till next week. It may yet not come off.

Happy will no doubt by this time be sticking her toes into the water at San Francisco or somewhere equally exotic. I hope both of you are having a wonderful time. One thing I did want to do when I went to the States was the Ocean Drive between SF and LA but I didn't get time.

I hope that Roseblush's job meeting was not a bad thing for her. She seemed to really enjoy her job. One of the few.

Teel, I certainly hope that they can come up with some answers for this pain of yours really soon. I do not wish to return to the UK to find a drug addicted friend to stay with. That morphine stuff is lethal. It is good that there is no chest pain at the moment but worrying that it is now in the back. God you, linus and Mel need some relief from the stresses of modern day living. Where is the Fairy Godmother. (I can bring you fairies by the truckload, but the godmother variety is few and far between) (and I don't think you'd appreciate the type of fairies I'm talking about)

You know that Mel must be a very intelligent person. She seems to soak up information like a sponge despite what language it is spoken in. For example: I gave her directions on finding, saving and uploading things like pictures. It took less than 5 minutes in a foreign accent for her to grasp and write the important details down. Then Mooz49 gave her more instructions in another foreign accent and she's got that down pat as well. Maybe we should get up a campaign for MEL for President. I'm sure she could come to grips with the US Foreign policies and make them sing.

Enough yada. I have work to do. Good morning to us on this side of the world and good night to them on the other. If you are in the middle of that lot then Yakky dah as the Welsh would say or seeya as the Aussies would put it. I bid you adieu until later.

Last edited by Shad; 04-16-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #125  

good evening freinds how are we all good i hope TEEL honey im so sorry that you are in the position you are in pain wise im afraid im not that brave and would have taken more and hid under the duvet i think thats why im trying so hard to lose the weight because im in grave danger of missing whats left of my sons childhood holidays and such are all ready a no no as i never know from one day to the next how i am going to be and i know the weightloss wont cure anything but it might stop it getting so bad so quick and should help ease the oa .SHAD what are you hiding girl you know how nosy i am next week will kill me i need to know !!! well im having a good diet day and have finally spring cleaned my wardrobe and have given away clothes that are too big for me its really a great feeling and now ive given them away i cant put back on the weight as ill have nothing to wear and thats not a prety sight at all anyway im going to post my new stats in my journal and will speak to you all later
kirsty
Old 04-17-2004, 07:55 AM   #126  

Default Hello Ladies

Hi Everyone, I know I have been missing for a few days....thanks for missing me....you guys are great! I suffered quite a blow as did the other staff members on Tuesday......I sort of thought I was ok about the changes going on but then the more I thought about it the sicker and more sensitive I became. When I got up Friday morning my insides were really causing me problems and it is the first time I have felt like my fibroid might be getting in the way of my health....yikes I am just happy to ignore like I have done for years....... Today I feel better just weak and drained.... I will call my boss sometime this moring and apologize...I never never miss work and it just doesn't feel right.
My eating has been ok or not at all the last few days.....so good or bad it is just getting back some energy right now. Our weather has turned a little cooler which is fine we are a month ahead of time because of the heat we have had all Spring...I looked at my window and saw four young white tails crossing my lawn. I love to see the white tail deer mostly we have mule deer in this area. I haven't gotten my flicker yet but I am getting more accurate with my shots I have been firing at him.....I think he is getting the message. So for right now he is still here to live another day>>>>
Take Care all I will try to be a bit cheerier in the future posts.....
Have a great weekend all,
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:00 AM   #127  

hey its about time you joined the rest of us for a good ***** its good for your health to get it off your chest you moan all you like well just talk about you when your not here ha ha
kirsty
Old 04-17-2004, 08:16 AM   #128  

So what happened at your meeting Rosie to make you feel so bad? Workplaces are funny things - they change and evolve and what was once grand becomes small etc.etc. I'm not sure what it is like in the States, but here it can be a dogs life to work for a company - here one day, gone the next. I've been made redundant a couple of times which is now why I work for myself. I'm the best boss I ever had. I'm also the worst.
Don't let whatever happened make your health spiral downwards. It's hard but sometimes all there is to cling onto is yourself, your home and your family.

Okay that's it, I'm off outside to find that darned squealing gecko that is pooping all over my patio and who somehow gets inside the house and poops everywhere there as well. I like the geckos but they sure make a mess!!! Been quiet in here today, but it's nice to see you all dropping in again.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #129  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking

You Gals have been chatting up a storm!!! I will have to read later! Just wanted to check in. Had little time for myself this week. Even Jen had issues. Nothing bad just the usual crap! If I stay and read I will never get out and my inner soul needs to get away. The temp is good for me but too windy for the seniors....it will mess up their new "dos" they got on Friday! So I should have some great alone time after and before the re-do of my bedroom. Gonna use the back yard for my breaks. Don't tell Happy but even 14 years later I still miss my ciggies when I relax or am having a bad day! Sorry to post and run. Love ya!
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:45 PM   #130  

hee hee!!! Oh I can be so thick at times! Linus, it has taken me a few days to work out what the quote at the end of your signature means and now I have I can't stop Mr. Always Right!!!!Of course!!!!! Good one!!
And Rosie I think you had a good one as well but I will have to check back to see what it was.....
I AM SO STUPID!!!! last night the orchestra and choir had a rehearsal for tonights Easter Cantata at the parish church in Diss. I dutifully remembered to take my new MST with me to take at 20:00hrs as they are slow release 12 hr tablets....AND I even remembered the drink AND THEN I CAME HOME AND LEFT THEM UNDER MY MUSIC STAND!!!!! Aaaaargh!!! yes so this morning I rang my g.p.'s surgery and spoke to the receptionist who understood my predicament thank goodness without a major inquisition into my stupidity and got the duty doc to write out another prescription for me to go to the pharmacy with. So I now have approximately 112 MST to get through........IDIOT!! IDIOT!!IDIOT!!!
Anyway at least I know that they are safe in the conductor's briefcase as he rang me just as I had rung the dr.'s to say he had a rather important little box belonging to me and was I still alive or did he have to do an s.o.s. drive to deliver them to me? Ho hum what planet my brain is on sometimes.
Better go now...I've had a shower and washed hair and done the nail varnish bit with Wonderblast number 22.....navy blue to go with the all black concert garb......now where did I put my violin?????
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #131  
Happy September

Teel~ I hope everything feels good while you play your heart out at the concert!! I am sorry to hear the pain is not under control as yet(or ever?) About the size, color and even bold with font. you type in the following without the spaces I'm putting here:
[ size=7][ color=red][ b] then type the word or letter[ /b][ /color][ /size]
if you want only size and color leave out the B for bold. Sizes are 1 to 7. I learned this on another website and Mooz just showed me that color can go into the comments too!! I love playing around!!!

Mistie~ Welcome and sorry I'm so late saying it!!! Come in the water is fine and we are not sharks!! We don't bite. Just nibble a WEE BIT!

Shad~ It would serve the company right if you could not finish the program in the 2 weeks!! I'll run for President if you'll be my VP!
Funny how the 2 sons can get different $$. Some things just do not make any sense to me! What a week I had but it felt good to have the old harness back on and then be able to leave! Will I ever be retired before Xmas?! LOL It's hard not to respond to the "need to be needed" syndrome! One day I will know my value without all this hoopla! Think?

Rosie~ What made you sooo sick poor girl. I am terribly nosey so just smack me in the head if I'm too personnal! Jen has fibroids and when they "act up" as she calls it there are a LOT of trips to the loo for BOTH ends of her poor skinny body! Sweaty hands, flushes etc. Isn't it enough that women are the ones to have the babies?! Whatever happened....I hope you will feel better soon. Please do not apologize for unhappy posts!!! When I get unhappy...people have to bring out the hankies!!!

Happy~ You better not even be here reading any of this!!! You are on vacation and should be having fun in the sun!!!

Linus~ Your Conner IS a brave man or a glutton for punishment!! Next time he makes a comment smack him for me!!! and tell him no more fanny for him!!! Hope you are fceeling better too. Seems like all our backs are the trouble area!

Hope I did not miss anyone! I will not speak of MY back at the moment but tell you this...I changed my OWN curtains, re-did the bed with summer sheets and quilt, dusted and Hoovered, washed the window, decorated around with bits of leftover ribbon, sprayed lavendar water on everything and it's about done. That is one room finished!! I will need no cardio today!!! I hope I can move tomorrow! Getting out the Aleve to take as soon as I finish this epistle! Have a great day and take good care of yourselves. You mean the world to me!

Last edited by MELODY525; 04-17-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:10 PM   #132  

Geez Mel, I know that good help is hard to find but all this activity .......??? WTF Happy once described me as being a bit driven. Strewth, I hope she never sees that post of yours/ She will be off and running about your activities. So look after yourself hey?

Teel, you poor thing. what are we going to do with you. Your brain is on another planet because you are stressing yourself. Mine goes walkabout with pain as well. Make notes for yourself. Those sticky postit notes are good. Plonk them inside the Violin case and you will see them when you put the violin away. Things like:

Have you had your water today
Have you got your tablets
Have you got your carkeys
have you got the house keys
Do you know where you are going?
Do you know how to get there.
Are you wearing your knickers (oh no sorry that's for MEL)

You can not be expected to remember everything. So do as I do and make lists. Actually I find the list improves my memory as well. Sometimes I have my list but never refer to it and never forget anything. That's not so often these days.

Well did not achieve too much yesterday. Saturday often is a down day for me. I tend to work early in the mornings then slack off with a cuppa and the day goes down hill from there. So today I had better get with it and do some of the things on the list.

Good morning to you all from a sunny and gentle Autumn day in Queensland.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:35 PM   #133  

shad i use those post it notes nd also a very large diary which i write everything in its my life everything i do and have to remember is is there or i forget then i have to put big notes to remind me to look at the diary yes i would like to weigh in with you and mel at the end of the month so just let me know where and when
kirsty
Old 04-18-2004, 03:46 AM   #134  

shad i thought the pic in your journal was gorgeous and just what i need his morning i read an article yesterday something to do with eating ddairy whilst on a diet helped shift problem areas like the stomach some university in america did this controlled study ill look it out and post it later
kirsty
Old 04-18-2004, 08:25 AM   #135  
Happy September

No knickers on yet!!! Got the nightie still on. Maybe I should put the post-it on my bum!!! Linus...I am the queen of post-its. I have them all over the house, PC, and hanging on each wheelchaior! I even have a palm pilot I put reminders in and a little alarm goes off! Next I will be waiting for the alarm to go off so I can PEE!!

Well girls I am dragging today. The Milk of magnesia worked right along with the fruit and salad. Too much info you say!?!?!? Been upo since 5AM and feel like a wee nap! Can't think either. Now all I can think of is bed and "Rocketman " with good old Elton. Maybe see you all later. Have a great Sunday! Tucking Shad into bed and turning out the light. Sweet dreams friend! I will laze around today and have a day of rest and dvds!! Adios Amigas!