Old 04-20-2004, 07:52 PM   #151  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WOW!!! What a busy thread!!! I went food shopping and came home and found no one had been sent to help with the election. So guess who was elected?! Just got in a while ago and journalled or commented in them. Had dinner and typed. Feel like I'm still trying to catch up and it's getting dark outside already But the good thing was I saw a man who will make this a thing of the past where I am left holding the bag all alone without a replacement. I told him about the eye/face/stress thing. He said my problem is that people don't see the wheelchair cause I don't use it as a crutch. His words not mine But he's a sincere man and sees I'm winding down some. So real help is on the way. I will have to get used to the feeling of "out of sight, out of their minds". But I will!
Rosie! good to see you getting back to your old self. I leave mine from time to time too! Kids and speedy things!! Sometimes I wonder who teaches them!!! I have met some kids who in this day and age have no conception of how fragile life can be in a speeding car. Makes you wonder. Get those dang birds yet?! I'll have to start training and come and get those suckers for ya! LOL

Shad~ You are way ahead of the crowd in exercise! I can see those muscles glistening with sweat from here! Hope you have fun in TOOOOWOOOOMBA!!! I still laugh at that name!!! Feel good to say you wont be here to her?! I hope so. Let them wonder who the **** is gonna clean up their messes! :Lol: any news yet?!

Linus~ Maybe Rose can catch them with a net!!! How are you feeling? Some very short posts there young lady!!!

Teel~ Hope the tea was a nice one in the sun. Sounded so lovely to read. Nice and peaceful!! How are you feeling as well?! Heard any more news on appointments and forthcoming help?

Well girls it has been a long day and I am truly beat up. I need a hotter shower on the back and am going back in there and then bed and TV!! Hope you all have a great day tomorrow/today! LOL Sleep well and good morning!!!! Think tomorrow is a Meliday for me!!! (yawn)
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:48 PM   #152  

(size=5)(colour=red)I forgot to say thank you Mel for the lesson on how to write colur and size that you put on the thread the other day, so I am seeing if it works!(size)(colour)

I shall have to wait till the end to find out
Today I have been swimming at LAFitness and I am very proud to announce that I DID 10 LENGTHS!!!
and then I got in the jacuzzi so I felt very good...and then I went to have a shower and they had gone wrong and there was no heat so you could have a freezing cold one or not bother, and go home looking like a swimming accident and hope you met no-one on the way.... That rather ruined the atmosphere but it was great whilst it lasted!! The water was superb and warm and the jacuzzi was HOTand the company was good too. A little cosy with 5 of us sitting in it all at once but never mind. But now I hurt and as ever I wonder whether it was all worth it. I loved it at the time but I cannot seem to stop an abundance of pain and misery as soon as half an hour after I get out. It always happens.... and it puts me off going too often. Does anyone know if chronic pain conditions actually stop kicking back after excersise the more you do? Does the body get lulled in to a sense of false security?
Eating has been good today if you discount breakfast....I did...I got up too late to bother so I had cereal and skimmed milk for lunch and pasta with tomato and basil pasatta and brocolli and haddock fish cakes for dinner, and 2 plums and a couple of sugar free vanilla biscuits.. .and 2 MST slow release!!!!
My neighbour commented that was I losing weight again and I had to say the scales did not think so! But perhaps the swimming would help....and eating more sensibly.
I am afraid I didn't get to take tea on my patio yesterday.....by the time I got in from my social worker session I was tired and went to sleep for 2 hours instead!!! Another day tomorrow...weather permitting, of course.
Oh I almost forgot, readers of the journal, I found plenty of room in my neighbour's bin to fill it up with my over flowing recyclables.....the joke is....the binmen didn't EMPTY MY BIN!!!!! As I am a "back door collection" I really cannot understand why they just don't turn in at the gate whilst they pass it to collect the next door's bin...Now I will have to ring them up and
Night night all. Good morning Shad....and SHAKER????
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:50 PM   #153  

Unhappy

Oh dear. It didn't work!!! What did I do wrong, Miss Mel????
Old 04-21-2004, 04:52 PM   #154  
Happy September

Teel you must spell " color " the american way. LOL
Old 04-21-2004, 04:54 PM   #155  
Happy September

and you forgot the slashes~ /size /color to end the size and color at the end
Old 04-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #156  

Right. Let's try again!!!(size=5)(color=red)Hello (size/color)
Old 04-21-2004, 05:01 PM   #157  

I think it must be my being extremely thick!!!! Sorry Miss. 0/10....
Old 04-21-2004, 05:03 PM   #158  
Happy September

Teel~ Nice work out in the pool but could I make a suggestion? Maybe for a few weeks you could just paddle around and do somw stretching and get the body started. Then little by little you could do a length here and a length there. Swimming twists the body and back as you turn your head from side to side. There are therapy water exercises that maybe you could find on the internet OR from your therapist? Then you wouldn't feel like it's a mistake to go. You know how we all love to do too much too soon thinking it's a good think while the body wants to shoot us! Hope it all works out and hope the color lessons do too!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:21 PM   #159  

hi all my post from last night seems to have disappeared or was removed "eeeek" so ill post the one i put on uk so as youll know what im talking about
my freind has just called me and remiinded me that im supposed to be at court tomorrow as a witness thank f**k she remembered or tomorrow night i would be detained at her majestys pleasure and if i go here at 9 and the bloody woman doesnt turn up again {this will be the third time weve been here and she hasnt turned up and sent in exscuses such as her kid was sick or she didnt have any money to get there } ill be getting a sick line from my doctor to say i wont be going back again bugger i really dont want to go its not my idea of fun at all sitting in a witness room all day only to be told that the accused has decieded not to grace us with her presence again oh well musnt grumble at least its not me on trial so im going to go and get something to eat and get everything ready for in the morning i hate rushing about and i hate mornings i am not a morning person at all SAL ill put that recipie on at some time tonight promise
speak soon kirsty
Old 04-21-2004, 05:24 PM   #160  

right ill now continue the saga but because im knackered im pasting this from uk so that i dont get anymore rows about short post{sorry am i forgiven} will speak to you all later
hi all im freeeeee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well as you can probably all tell they didnt lock me up but it was a close shave i arrived at court at the un godly hour of nine am and had a not so lovely surprise to let you all understand this person {and i use the term loosely}assaulted made up false allegations and generally made life **** for my downstairs neighbours it was tommys ex girlfreind and i was a witness to this girl trying top kick in their door and assaulting tommy so i get to court and was standing outside having a fag when this nutter stood beside me talking to herself and approaching everyone that looked like a lawyer stating that shed been assaulted so someone got security and they got this lass a chair and found her lawyerand got the police and of course me being nosy just stood their and listned to what was going on apparantly the three witnesses against her had got a hold of her and gave her a good kicking and as the policemen asked for names she blurted out mine and my two freinds who hadnt even got there yet so the policewoman came and asked me if id seen anything and i said to her youd better not ask me as im supposed to have assaulted her she just sort of looked at me and went over to the lassie and said do you recognise that lady and she said no but she might have seen them attacking me the policewoman said she should have according to you she assaulted you well everybody collapsed about laughing heres this great big tall strapping lassie and poor wee me with my walking stick well that was the start of a very interesting day and to top it all im now going to be cited again to appear against this nutter again as she has been charged with waistng police time making false allegations and waisting court time and staff
so i got home at three oclock and was so dammned tired i promtly sat down and fell asleep and have done no housework and ordered takeaway for tea{at seven thirty im going to get done for cruelty} and my poor dogs never got fed till 7.45 so they arent talking to me and because of the takeaway ill probably be weight plus 10 tomorrow at slimming world sal the next time your in edinburgh give me a call and ill meet you for lunch you can steer me away from do you know they call to me when im asleep PEACOCK thanks very much for that very good advice im going to sit and put in all my appointments later im not normally this bad but i think its been that long since i was originally cited {november last year} that i completely forgot SAL while i remember i will put that goulash recipie in later as im nice abd awake now the only thing is the weights and measyrements are for a family of four so you can either feed the clan or freeze some or just cut everything in halfwell im going to go and get semi organized and will be back later thanks for all the good wishes and one day i will find out why it always happens to me you know crowded bus stop and the nutcase or alckie always talk to me
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:25 PM   #161  

sorry it took out all the smileys so its a bit long winded
kirsty
Old 04-21-2004, 11:32 PM   #162  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Love it linus. Reminds me of something that happened in the days I was driving taxis. Remind me to tell you about it one day when I am at home.

Well I've just been out to lunch with a couple of workmates, we went to the local sizzler and had an enjoyable time away from the office. I was really good and went for the salad bar and had lots of veges. So many in fact that there was no room on my plate for bread or pasta. I splurged a bit with some guacomole as well, but very little damage done. You gotta love the vegetable bar.

Gym last night was a ooooooohhh allllllllrighhhhht I better go. I don't wanna go, but I better go. Lucky the car is an obedient little girl and turned off at all the right places and deposited me in a car park right outside the gym!!!!! Once into it, I was saying things like, well just get to the 15 minute mark, just get to 150 cals, just get to 1.7k and then you can go home. Then the rowing machine got in the way as well and I had to stop on that, but I have to admit that at the end I was a very slow rower. Cambridge or Oxford will never take me on I fear. Might be able to row in the Olympics for some team like Ethiopa I guess

DS#1 sent me a birthday parcel of some yummy new body creams, gels, salts and oils. I think I will pamper myself in the bath on Saturday night all ready for the non-party birthday the following day Actually I am hoping to go out to breakfast with the family if possible. Little bro has suggested the Calamvale Pub on many occasions so maybe we could all go there.

Anyway I had best go find some work to do, or even better get lost for an hour or so. Catch up later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 02:57 AM   #163  

Teel - it sounds like it will be good weatherwise the weekend so you may be abe to have tea, brekkie and dinner out on your patio, you never know!

I am off to an Italia restaurant tonight with the girls from work, then staying with a friend unti Sunday night, then a pub quiz. I hope I do ok. If it is about who is in the charts at the moment, or too much sport, I am afraid I wil be cr*p. We shall see.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:09 AM   #164  

Oh LINUS a few hundred hugs to you m'dear after yesterdays turmoils. No wonder you are exhausted. ..never mind about the housework and the cooking. Just get your poor body a bit more pain free and relaaaaaax.

What on earth was that pathetic woman thinking of, with false accusations as stupid as the one she made? Thank goodness for an inch of sense from the criminal justice system in this occassion.
Shad, m'dear, are you counting the days yet or even the hours till you are a free woman for a while? And here is a teeling off!! (or even a telling off) You should not be opening your birthday pressies until your birthday!!! BAD GIRL!! Hope breakfast with brother comes to plan...is he paying?
I won't forget on the day but here are a few not-your-birthday greetings to help you get there!!
My bit of excercise did not make for a good nights sleep! But I have physio today so perhaps the chest pain that is now all in the shoulder blades (!) will abate a bit.
The sun is out to play today so far so I have hung the washing out. The next big task for me is to completely tidy up my house so the parents can visit! I have finished sorting my video collection out from one cabinet to my new "entertainment cabinet" but I don't want to throw the old one out as it is a big deep drawer and very useful for keeping things like big telephone directories in. I just don't know where to put it!!
Eating has been good today!!!(yes I know it is only 10:06hrs but still, a lovely full English could have ruined everything! For breakfast I had 2 crackers with onion and chives cottage cheese and a (revolting) mug of black coffee....
That's it for now....oh! I forgot! I rang up the bin emptying service today and gave a bit of what for.. ..should be emptied today....fingers crossed!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 06:20 AM   #165  

if they dont teel give me a call my bucketmen are sweeties ill send them down im sure theyd enjoy the trip i had an old cabinet that i didnt want to throw out so i put it inside a cupboard and use it for storage its handy having everything put away and hubby says the cupboard is that clean it only took him two hours to find the drill !!men!!!
kirsty