Old 04-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #61  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Shad~ No wonder that song is in your head. I just sang that for you in your journal the other day! LOL I think when you were first sick. At least I think it was YOUR journal.
HELLO GIRLS...........
I am really behind today getting ready for the Drs Wed. and bed tonight. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. Have a great night/day. Going to the eye Drs in the AM. Did the food shopping today. Got home LATE!!! Some idiot woman took it upon herself to shop the entire store out AND some of the neighboring stores as well!! Poor willy had to go and look for her. We did not get home with the food till almost 1PM!!! Then everyone and his brother needed something all at once and here I am. Tired and in need of a hot shower! Have great Wednesdays and take care. I'll read tomorrow!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:45 PM   #62  
Happy September

I couldn't wait till tomorrow to see what is going on!!!
Teel~ Such great news !! Hope you are resting and taking good care of yourself. A page was filled up already today!! LOL Lots of reading again!!

Linus~ glad the kid did not get smacked in the ear!! Poor kids getting into trouble cause of Olld Aunt Mel! Mills and Boon!!! We had a bunch of them donated to the seniors a few years ago. They love their romance stories. Read a few myself but then I can't go to sleep!!!! an at WW was an *ss!! People like that have no right breathing the same air as us or anyone else for that matter! Ignore the ignorant!!!

Happy! The fire in the pocket almost had me in shock then in hysterics!!! OMG!!! Thank the Lord you weren't burned. I think YOUR WATER BOTTLE was in the right place at the right time!!! are you trying to outdo annies story? One I have never read by the way. LOL Save me a slice of roast! Love that smell too! Tell you a funny story....The other day I could smel "cola" all day. finally just before bed I found a can had exploded in my closet and wet everything cardboard!!! No wonder I could smell it!

Shad~ Great news and hope the job sounds good enough to take. your resume must be impressive dirty or clean. good luck!!!! I say root too for route. Route is supposed to be proper englidh but I'm just a jerseyite. so we say root. We use fruit loops instead of Mickey mouse! Think I will join you and Rose. Give us something to do? or are we all on our own. Finding motivation a hard thing to keep in other places. Too many people at once and I cannot keep up with the reading. PHEW! Count me in anyway!

Rose! As I just told Shad....yes count me in. but do wer have to sit with the wolves?? may not be too bad for me. I might be able to outrun them but don't know about the others. maybe I should wait for the new chair and see if it's equipped with oozies!!(sp?)
A very Happy Easter and Weekend to you also in case I miss you. Now get that butt on the bike and give me another 20!!!!!

This time I really am getting in the shower and see you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams/sweet day!!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:31 AM   #63  

Smile Good Morning To All Around the World!

Ok confessions first,,,,,I did not get my 20 in yesterday but today is a new day. I have a meeting and 14 more to organize and I am being amushed by the phone when I get home. But I am going to make the effort to do it today.
It seems like months go by without much to do and then all of a sudden there is toooooo much to get done. Is anyone else have success? Shad is so good to get up and do her exercises..... my mornings start alittle slower with and reading the mail and news on my computer. Waiting to see the sun come over the Bitteroot Mountains.
My eating has been ok...and I am trying to drink water during the day just like we push on our patients every moment of the day. DO as I say not as I do!!!!!!!!!
Mel hope your appointments go well for you and you don't get tooo tired. You do too much somedays, what would they do without Mel to sort them out? Good Luck on the job search Shad you will be off to all parts of the country again. Would love to come and smell your roses....things are just starting to peek out of the dirt and turn green. Happy have you made the date yet for the final fag....maybe I will have to go back and read to see if I missed it..... The best of luck, we are so glad you didn't go up in flames
Hope all of you have a great day with lots of little successes...... Teel I hope you are feeling stronger every day!
Take Good Care,
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #64  

hello ladies well imglad everything seems to be working out for everyone SHAD see your work speaks for its self and just by reading your posts i think your very good at explaining problems to us you must be so good at your job and good luck for the new one{whatever that might be}MEL if you wernt so far away i could kep you stocked with books for life im such an avid reader i even read the writing on the back of shampoo bottles take some time for your self im getting that through to myself slowly and boy do i mean slowly HAPPY ive so nearly set myself on fire so many times im a walking fire hazard ROSE i never get any exercise apart from walking my dogs and running after my kids and the house work and the shopping and the cooking actually i take that back i do get exercise too much actually i think ill go on strike by the way ladies what gives with annie and the hot cross buns its like hearing gossip at a bus stop and not catching the beginning or god forbid the end well im off to drink more water and being very nervous about joining slimming world tomorow i think its just fear of the unknown ? so ill speak later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:50 PM   #65  
Happy September

I think the smilies say it all. i didn't want to say but....last Thursday I noticed I had hot flashes starting again and the eyes hurt. Then the rosacea started again. Well it is in both eyes this time at the same time AND while I'm taking the antibiotic I must go back in a week and they will decide if a change in drugs is needed. Had a room full of Drs and no one had any ideas what to do. I can have absolutely no spices, caffeine, or de-caf anything, no alcohol even in candy, no hot liquids of any kind, or warm foods if it makes me flush.
Why is there something that makes you want to go out and just eat and drink everything on that list!! They want a routine set up by the weekend with times and applications of wet heat, artificial tears, the meds and washing the eyelashes. Some kind of schedule where everything is the same and nothing new will be introduced either. Whether it be food, drink, detergents etc. No candles or incense. Most of this stuff I ALREADY HAVE BEEN DOING!! IT'S COMMON SENSE!!! So I am pissed off today. Crying burns the eyes so I will try to avoid that again today!! I forgot what I just read for Rose and Linus. They both made me giggle though and that was a first!
WTF!!!! That is exactly what I said to all of them!!! I am in a corner and cannot get out. Well, I am always fond of saying.........if there's a will., theres a way. So nmow it's time to put up or shut up. I'll dig my heels into the ground. I feel a loooonger battle coming on! I better gear up!!!
Other than this, the day was good, food was good but too little, water was not great but I had no loos, exercise I can do and pedal my frustrations away! [color=red]ROSE~ drop and give me 20!!!! :Lol:
Ok chicks enough b*tching from me and hope you gals have a nice night!!!
I may just have one soda for the road and give the last 3 away Adios!
Old 04-07-2004, 05:03 PM   #66  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok, for those of you who don't know the story of the Hot Cross Buns... I dug up the original post of February 19, 2003. Kiwi-Annie, like Shad is a Kiwi living in Australia and she started the thread that brought us all together. We occasionally get a guest appearance from her tho I suppose she is busy finding new things to toast in Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi-annie
Howdy all

My thoughts are with Teel and hope she gets better soon. Heres a few smilies to cheer you up Teel ....

I had a bit of a disaster this morning and almost triggered the next bushfire for Australia I was toasting my hot cross buns for breakfast since Shaker (i blame this entirely on her) had put the thought in my head!! As i pulled them out of oven 2 of them got caught on element and burst into flames ..since when are hot cross buns combustable (sp?)..PLUS they got stuck on element and were burning away..staggered around trying to turn element off (oven still new to me and a bit confusing..hee hee)..trying to turn fan on too so that smoke alarms didn't start..buns still flaming even though oven is OFF...was trying to decide if its ok to use a knife when everything is off even if ya damn buns are on fire..finally knocked them off and retrieved..i should work for burger king given my skill at flame grilled..

So am now sitting peacefully trying not to touch anything that might go up in flames....

From Hot-stuff-Annie
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:35 PM   #67  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Kiwi Annie had many adventures. There was the one of the spider in the car too. That was much more recent. I seem to remember a shopping adventure while she was living up here in Brisbane as well - oh no I know what it was - the counterfeit money scam at the ATM and Annie is an accountant as well!

Well I didn't hear back from the man, so either he hasn't received my e-mail or he is so blown away by my achievements and responsibilities that he can't get off the floor to ring me back. Not to worry. I will survive.

So the bags are packed and I'm ready to go back down the hill again. 4 days off over Easter. Life is good, life is sweet. Hammock, roses, dog and cat and son here comes Mum.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:25 PM   #68  

oh mel im so sorry hon just whn things start evening out you seem to come down with a clatter i think id better come and nurse you all better actually with me flying is a no no not after the last time so youd better come to me i have a bottom bunk with your name on it craig said if it was for the fanny lady she could have his bed SHAD the guy is busy phoning round all his clients biding them off one against the other for your brilliant services youll hear very soon i bet cha annie sounds like she gets into more scrapes than me and dont mention spiders you know ive worked with clydesdale horses some of them nearly 20 hands high i voulenteered at a rescue centre for abused dogs and lost count of the amount of times i was bitten but i kept going back for more but put one of those horrid creepy crawly things and im reduced to tears and a frozen statue at the same time {thats if i dont run away screaming }anyway speak to yoiu all later wish me luck for tomorrow
kirsty
Old 04-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #69  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Evenin' chickies,
Quick post here as I am trying to get ahead on my homework. Only 8 more days to vacation. EEK I'd better get ready! I was thinking it was 2 weeks. Ah well I do have Friday off for a 3 day weekend, so I plan on getting things together. Been rolling stuff around in my head for a few days so I've started to make mental lists.

Mel, I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly. No spices, no caffine, no hot liquids? Geez, what are you supposed to eat???? And of course I'm sure even though you know it aggrivate your symptoms, it still sounds like a bland diet. Keep your spirits up though, we are behind you all the way.

Whoa Linus you worked with Clydesdales? Those are some massive horses! I'm sure between you and Annie you both would have us in stitches all the time.

Shad, enjoy your nice long weekend. I'll bet with the upcoming holiday, people are probably not around in the offices to ring up, and you know those agency types. They want you to hurry up and then you wait and wait and wait. When will your contract be over at the current place?

Roseblush, I am like you - a bit slow to start in the morning. If I know I have to get going early, I get up 2 hours ahead of time because I get quite annoyed if the DH is right behind me going c'mon, c'mon. Shall be interesting on vacation... That sounded scary with the wolf. When my uncle was stationed in the army in Alaska long, long ago, he brought home a dog that was part wolf and part Husky - Gulcana. Mean dog but beautiful. I was young but I felt sorry for that poor dog with the heavy coat spending the summers in Chicago's heat. And for a dog that was meant to roam free it also seemed rather cruel that he spent most of his time chained to the apartment door. I also remember the first good snow we had that winter. The dog was in it's glory. Thankfully my uncle realized this was not a good fit and he gave the dog to a friend of his who had a great big farm with lots of room to roam. The dog I assumed lived out quite a happy life.

I have done my walking 3 days in a row now. Even got DH doing it but today we took separate walks. He walks much faster than me and I can't keep up and it frustrates him to slow down to my pace so we each took off in separate directions. I also started doing some crunches today for the abs. Slowly working back up to the exercising again. Food wasn't too bad except I had some popcorn for a snack. There are foods I used to love - popcorn being one of them but I've had some expensive dental work from breaking fillings on hard kernels so you'd think I'd learn my lesson. But honestly, it wasn't that good. I still get the urge once in a while and when I have some, I wonder why because I just don't like it that much anymore. Guess it takes years to lose the cravings for some things. Water wasn't too bad either. We had a good dinner of grilled fish, steamed and raw veggies and some fresh fruit. I'm so glad we can grill again - the food is so much healthier and better tasting. I am still waiting for the insurance company to approve my Zyban medication for the smoking thing. They have one more day because I need to start it by Friday a week before I quit. You have to take it for at least a week prior and I intend to have my last cigarette next Friday before we get into the cab to go to the airport for vacation. These insurance companies - good thing I didn't need this medicine for serious health issues!

Time to move on, have a good day and will check back later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #70  

Smile Happy Thursday All

Mel I am so sorry to hear about your suffering....why why why do some people have to carry such loads. Even if they could come to the source of the problem would be helpful........I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. When is your next appointment with the Dr.s? Hang in there girl I know these woman are all here for you! Thanks for being such a good motivator for me Mel....drop and give you 20.... Well, I have some big projects going on right now so when I get home from my money making job then my non making money job kicks in and I have been phone to ear for the last two evenings....hopefully I can get some of that taken care of today. I have most of Thursdays off usually.
I don't know if I told you gals I also have two Red Slider Turtles...the largest one is Sparky and the little one is Squirt, they are in a tank by my computer and they are so entertaining..... Sparky is digging his way somewhere and moving everything in that tank he is a brute. He ate one of the last two remaining guppies the other day so now I have one lone survivor in the tank.
It looks to be another beautiful Spring day here again. I have so much work to do outside but I am not very motivated to get my chores done. Good Job to all of you who have been walking and exercising......
Will check in later today to see if anyone is around...have any of you ever used the chat rooms on this site? Have a good day!
Roseblush
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #71  

rose my tropical fish are on strike knowing you keep turtles with fish thats really cruel talk about on site sushi bar ill send my black moors over to sort them out beckham the biggest one is nearly 6 incges long {not counting fins } and ronaldo is not far behind actually hes a lot behind but wee dont want to upset the wee chap and yes happy i worked with clydesdales and shires and i loved every minute of it i also worked with normal sized horses and thats what ive promised myself that when i get to a reasonable weight i will go horse riding again cause i miss it so much mind you it was murder riding the clydesdales very large backs and ill leave the rest up to your imaginations
off to slimming world post later
kirsty
Old 04-08-2004, 05:30 PM   #72  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Where to start?! You girls have been busy again on this post I see!
Linus, I hope that SW will work out fine for you. Often times it pays to have to face up to the scale weigh ins on a regular basis. If you know you have to do it publicly it often works. Good Luck to you. Some of those weighin people deserve the Order of Australia for their work (voluntarily) in the scale area. Some people are so rude to then as if it was their fault.
Roseblush, and the rest of you too, I think we might make exercise each day as our Challenge for the month. I enjoy my early morning exercise but am finding excuses not to do it, now that it stays dark longer. But I must, I really must.
Love the wolf story. I think I would like it in your neck of the woods Rosie. But there you go, not likely in the near future.
Happy, sounds strange that the Insurance is not paying up for the quit time. I would have thought that they would jump at the opportunity to distance themselves from the dreaded weed. I haven't kept up with the quit smoking aids since I gave up but I understand that the nicobate patchs here you can buy at the supermarket or chemist. They are not cheap, but they certainly aren't $100 or more per pack. Whatever you have, I wish you luck and once you get past that first blast of reality, you will be happy that you gave up. This I promise. I did it nearly 15 years ago now - but hey who's counting.
Mel - my New Jersey buddy, what can I say. I am so sorry for your new problem and just as you were getting excited that the treatment was working. I wish I could be there to bathe the skin and wipe the brow and generally cheer you up. I wouln't sing to you tho' never that!
Teel - my pommy buddy, how are you going and feeling? I read your post with a feeling of horror, all those things for your poor body to suffer. I hope that you are getting better and better and so is the weather. How is Holly the Hound???
So I got back from Toowooma last night. Traffic was pretty busy, but I was relatively relaxed so the idiots didn't upset me at all and there were a few of them. Naturally enough the petrol companies have raised the price of fuel because of the long weekend. They really do treat us like idiots - and because we put up with it, they try it on again and again.
I guess it is time to get on with things again. Shad the dog is standing by the front door with a plaintive look in the big brown eyes. Time for his walk - has been for an hour according to him. Sunday the cat is hanging around in the hope that I will cook bacon or eggs or something - tough luck puss, all out of bacon today. All out of most things today and I was too tired to go shopping on the way home last night. Shopping is deferred until tomorrow. So its off down to the park and the bush we go and see what we can see and smell. The cat will come part of the way until some dog barks at us and then she will turn and go like the clappers until she gets home. Oh and Simon's loan got approved, unfortunately the priest blessed the house the day before so he will have to look elsewhere now.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:07 PM   #73  

well i survived just a quick post hope everyone is all right and ill post loads tomorrow promise
kirsty
Old 04-09-2004, 06:42 AM   #74  

Red face Right! Now where to start??

Phew at last I am back to talk to you all with a mug of coffee in one hand and all nice and showered and hair washed and me dressed (and I have shaved my legs in recognition of Easter arriving!)
Gosh there is so much info to digest I really don't know where to begin
However here I go with big apologies to any bits of news I miss out writing about.
SHADI am so sorry m'dear to hear the news you didn't really want about your job. I do hope something good comes up before you need to start on the bread and water and sending Shad dog down the coal mine or somewhere!
MEL what brill news about the new chair...I hardly dare call it a chair...far too humble a description! I am very sorry tho' to read about your non-abating rosacea in your eyes. I pray it will soon "shove off" .You have far and enough to cope with without any hidden extras. THANK YOU for my get well card which came yesterday (by hand from my neighbour who works in C.C.U. very handy at times as well as my other neighbour who works on the orthopaedic ward...the lady across the green to me works in the E.C.G. clinic...what a useful bunch!)
LINUS I hope now grandma's funeral is over the family can begin to settle down again and your heap of pain and immobility is not causing an overload of emotion and grief. THANK YOU for my lovely card which came back to me during the week...it was sort of a chicken crossed with a turkey!
Now whose next?
HAPPY2BMEcoo no wonder we just call you Happy usually! Well done on fishing out the hot cross bun story from Kiwi-Annie! I wouldn't have had a clue where to even start looking for it...it still makes me smile I wonder what she is up to at the moment? Good luck on the stopping smocking challenge...we are all right behind you! And well done with the route marches even if you and DH have to go on seperate routes
ROSEBLUSH nice to make your aquaintance. And that of Sparky and Squirt!(lock up your guppies!) and keep out of wolf-infested forests! There was a programme on BBC1 the other night about reptiles and all things dragon like...it said that everybody and there aunt bought terrapins and turtles in the 1980's and didn't realise what enormous beasties they would grow into so loads and loads got dumped in local park lakes where they may live up to 40 years or so, but they are decimating the local lake and park wildlife by eating all the baby ducklings and anything else bite and snack sized that swims near those gaping jaws....
Well I cant read anyone elses post to remind me of what I am repling to so I will tell of my news and then come back later for part 2.
I rang the pain consultants secretary yesterday to see if my name was somewhere on an appointments list.BAD BAD MOVE. Apparently...are you ready for this?? She said that time and time again she tells the ward based doctors that Professor Munglani does not see out patients as emergencies...if the patient is in hospital then yes he will be seen as soon as possible but once they have been discharged their name goes autommatically to the very bottom of his waiting list to wait possibly as long as 9 months like I have done for my back before they get to the top of the list and are seen. I said I had only aggreed to be discharged on the promise that not being in hospital would not forstall my seeing the professor in 2 weeks.She said that the consultant firms are always doing this to patients and there was nothing she could do about it. I don't know what do. Luckily my community support worker, Boo, was with me when I made the phone call as I put the phone down and dissolved in tears.I CANNOT wait 9 weeks let alone 9 months. By then I shall be so screwed up and addicted to Oramorph (liquid morphine) I won't know whether I am coming or going. As it is its messing my insides up... 1 10mg dose of the stuff equals 2 docusate tablets for "being bunged up".
Oh I forgot to say I am now totally off Gabapentin and have lost the first 3 lbs off the 16 I put on on that evil drug. Hey ho! Only another 13lbs to get back to where I was...at least the balance is now in my favour Byeeee for now...I will try and get back soon.

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 06:55 AM   #75  

[QUOTE=happy2bme]

Something made me glance down (perhaps a FLAMING ORANGE BUTT in a black sweater pocket), was just about to touch the tissue which would have set me instantly ablaze. I was standing next to my bottled water supply so I just uncapped a bottle and calmly poured it into my pocket. That's why I never travel anywhere without a bottle of water I suppose this is a sign from God that I'm getting too feeble minded to smoke anymore.

Oh HAPPY what on earth are we going to do with you??? Thats certainly a tale to tell the grandchildren in years to come! For the sake of your health PLEASE give up VERY SOON!!!!!
teel is offline   Reply With Quote