Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #121  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Hello lovelies. Still around just had a rough week at work. Need a darkened room and a glass of wine!
Snow has hit us, and I hate it because it means the roads get crazy and I don't like to drive. Weekend for me though, so should feel renewed again
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #122  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaMi View Post
Go MamaP Go you're doing great! things are clicking again and I know you feel awesome
Exactly! Thank you! Things are starting to click again and it does feel good to be in control and moving the right direction again. I think it helped that I erased my old ticker/signature and essentially gave myself a clean slate. Rennie's e-mail about getting us all back together was perfect timing and helped get me pointed in the right direction again. Yesterday I looked at some old posts (like this: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...niversary.html) and it is frustrating to see how far backwards I slid, but I didn't dwell on it. I was surprisingly excited to see the 30s again . . . whereas before when I tried to restart I wasn't finding any joy or anything with losses because I still felt like I was in the negative and had the "I've already seen this number but I screwed it up" kind of attitude. Not any more. Every healthy choice is a victory. Every pound is a victory. Every time I check my blood sugar and it's within the normal range (or close) is a victory. No more blood sugars in the 300s or 400s. I go back to the doctor for a diabetes check on March 8 (50 days from today). My goal is to be as close to the teens as possible (or in them) by then, because I know if I am then my blood sugars will have been in a good range.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #123  
Becoming A Better Me

Here comes the snow! with all the rain we've been getting i so hope the weight of the snow and ice doesnt pull trees down and we lose power to boot! the scale has chosen to be good to me and it's gone DOWN another pound! 194 thats 38lbs gone and 44 to go! gotta love the "whooshes"! ladies have a wonderful day!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #124  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Kris you are doing great, good job on that 1.6 gone Kris you know I love your happy voice (sound) I didn't know you are diabetic (I'm sure you probably told us before but my memory is off and on) ... if I could get my sugars out of the 200's (fasting) it would be great. That's with the Metformin. I can't wait to hear your victory story to the doctor, looking forward to it

Joy it's been the same here, fog and rain and calling for 5 inches of snow. After that snow we had in VA two years ago I can truly do without snow ever again Glad you're not gonna allow it to stop you ... keep on going lady Joy great weigh in How long did it snow up there? Is it still snowing? I see you posted at 1:36pm it just started here so I'm trying to figure out how long it will last.

Steph is it the job? Don't let it steal your joy You are above that, keep smiling and doing what you do and good/better things will come Glad you're still exercising And thank you for having faith in me ... yesss , I know it's a process, I just have to get back to it fully

Ona you too have had a great month. Good job on those cookies My Pastor said last night it's amazing how Krispy Kreme can call your name, LOL. and then today I just had a show down (stare down) with pound cake and chocolate cake ... I'll be honest the only reason why I didn't buy it is because it was $3.50 per wedge ... so not worth the guilt and I just couldn't justify spending that much on something I clearly do not need

Aw Sam, hope to hear you smiling again soon , sorry about the snow ... I'm with you 100% regarding it though, it just started here. The kids are totally excited.

Hi Amanda

Well nothing great to report weigh wise. TTOM has hit full blast and my weight has been 198 for two days. SO hoping not to see 200. I have added something to my days that is good and I hope to share it with you all once everything is lined up correctly. In the meantime my eating is not totally off plan though it could be better and I am just flat out tired. But again it's all good. Thanks for being here ladies I am so glad that we are in this together

Please excuse any typos ... I'm really pooped
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #125  
Becoming A Better Me

Well we got lucky only ended up with less than an inch of snow/ice! Dd is on a 2hr school delay. The sun is pose to shine today, sunshine would b a wonderful n much needed change! Rennie i remember all 2 well the snow 2yrs ago! We had to hike outa here to road to get friends to take us to their home til power came back (week later). My coffee pot is calling me so u ladies have a wonderful, motivated, op day!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #126  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

December 2012: 246
January WI:

02: TOM
03: 243.2 - TOM
04: 244.2 - TOM
05: 242.8
06: 241.8
07: 242
08: 242.6 (pizza with the boys last night )
09: 243.6 (going the wrong direction)
10: 246.6 (Sodium)
11: 243.8
12: 241.6
13: 241.8
14: 240.4
15: 239.2
16: 237.6
17: 239.2
18: 237.4
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #127  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Kris you are doing great, good job on that 1.6 gone Kris you know I love your happy voice (sound) I didn't know you are diabetic (I'm sure you probably told us before but my memory is off and on) ... if I could get my sugars out of the 200's (fasting) it would be great. That's with the Metformin. I can't wait to hear your victory story to the doctor, looking forward to it
Thank you. My sugars have been really good and I've cut way back on the amount of insulin I'm taking. Actually, most days I'm not taking any with my meals (I probably should still take a couple of units). I'm still taking my bedtime insulin (Lantus, which is a 24 hour slow release insulin). I also take Metformin twice a day. According to my tester, my average sugar for the last 2 weeks is 150. I know that is still above normal, but it is a huge improvement and I am having a lot of sugars in the normal range. I really can't decide if I want to completely cut out the mealtime insulin and see what my A1C is on March 8 or take a low dose with my meals. It actually makes me nervous to take mealtime insulin because I'm afraid of the crash. My doctor would not approve of no insulin, so whatever I do, I'm not gonna tell him until after I see the test results.

Last edited by MamaP; 01-18-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #128  
Becoming A Better Me

Talking

The Sun Is Shining!
didn't do my elliptical in the gym today cuz ima do extra walking outside which im sure the dogs won't mind at all lol! WOW seeing the sun has sure made me feel better!
2maro pose 2 b 50 n sunny i may actually get to perk up my color abit which will make me feel even better and more energized! U ladies have an awesome rest of your day!
OH WAIT... my workout pants r so baggy on me that they look like im carrying a "load" so i just tried a pair of my dd's on to get idea of a size i need and umm well shes in a size 7-9 and they fit me awesomely (not sure if thats a word but sounded good lol)! just this past july i was wearing a 1-2x workout pants, sweats, shirts and such! YEA!!!

Last edited by dangerouscurvesahead; 01-18-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #129  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Happy Saturday! Have a great day. I hit 10 lbs today (236.8). Woo hoo! Wondering if it's possible to see the 220s this month? Not gonna put any pressure on myself though - gonna just keep doing what I've been doing and see what happens.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #130  
~Rennie

Joy (smiling) I don't ever want to experience snow like that again. I stayed in Pittsburgh a bit so I've experienced crazy snow. I never even thought that would happen in Virginia though I do remember the blizzard of 78 and the one in 93, those were crazy also. LOL Joy, I feel you every time you say something ... I felt the same way when I saw the sun yesterday morning. It was cold when we first went out but the sun was shining and it did get up to 47 degrees so that made me feel good Woot woot ... great NSV on DD sweats on you. Way to go LADY

Kris my take is you know your body and if what you are doing is working well for you keep doing it. It's like with the Metformin. I had to learn from people on 3FC and on the diabetic forums to try cutting my Met in half and doing 4 doses. The doctor never told me that and honestly I never even thought of it. It was making me feel so bad I just stopped taking it for a while especially if I had to leave the house. But cutting the pill I feel fine. I was on on insulin Humilin N with my last two children and it worked great I don't know why I can't use insulin now, at least I know it works. And Kris 150 is great compared to the 300's, 400's even my 200's. The lowest I had seen was 167 but that has been a while. It'll regulate some day OH MY GOODNESS Kris look at you go you are truly putting things into perspective. Can you use the dress that you wore to the wedding as a goal? If so try it on every now and then until you are able to wear it then get a new goal dress. Just a thought

Well TOM is gone and the scale moved in the right direction this morning. I'm down .8 to 197.6 which I believe is where I started for the month so I really need to get my behind in gear.

It was 26 degrees when I woke up it's now 36 degrees, my Mom and her hubby are on their way here. We're all excited. We haven't seen them since the day after Thanksgiving. My Mom likes to take us out to eat and I never object that way I don't have to clean anything ... I hope to stay on point I will see you all later ... WISHING YOU ALL a GREAT ON POINT DAY

Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #131  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

slowly losing. 206.0 this morning. had that interview yesterday at texas children's...didn't go that well to be perfectly honest but I learned from it. I had fun today but will be right back at it tomorrow.

Resting the rest of the night.
zzz
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #132  
~Rennie

Hope you rested well Amanda ... losing is losing and slow is the best way I've heard ... so smile Sorry about the interview. Was it a place that you really wanted to work? or was it one of the places you applied just because? Something will come through and you never know something may even come through out of that interview you had there

Well I had a nice weigh in this morning 196.0 so the scale is moving in the right direction again. I didn't really eat on plan yesterday, but my Mom is here and we did a ton of walking around stores, in and out, in and out and didn't buy much ... the kids just had birthday money that they had to spend I had a good nights sleep and I'm feeling good I hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #133  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

Rennie ~ Glad to see the scale moving for you. Enjoy your visit with your mom. Have a great day.

I was way under my calories yesterday and didn't sleep very well, am down .2 today. I woke up starving and with a low blood sugar (70). After a delicious green smoothie (about 300 calories), I'm still starving so not sure how the day will go - lol.

Have a great day!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #134  
Becoming A Better Me

what a glorious brite sunshiny day n near 60℉! ive been sitting out on the back deck all day catching rays n hanging laundry out so im even being productive lol! Dh n ds have been gone since daylite so its just me dd n the dogs enjoying the day! The house is even enjoying the fresh air thats rushing thru it! What a day, what a day!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #135  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

December 2012: 246
January WI:

02: TOM
03: 243.2 - TOM
04: 244.2 - TOM
05: 242.8
06: 241.8
07: 242
08: 242.6 (pizza with the boys last night )
09: 243.6 (going the wrong direction)
10: 246.6 (Sodium)
11: 243.8
12: 241.6
13: 241.8
14: 240.4
15: 239.2
16: 237.6
17: 239.2
18: 237.4
19: 236.8
20: 236.6
21: 234.8

Closing in on the 20s . . . I went over my calories yesterday but still had a deficit. I got in about 20 minutes of hula hooping last night so that helped me reached my calories burned target for the day.
Closed Thread