Old 06-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #106  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I just have time for a super quick check in this morning. Here's the job hunting update....I'm currently in negotiation with two companies, with a probable 3rd offer coming this week. These companies are all smaller, so while the pay is better, the benefits are not nearly as good as my current company's (not surprising since I work for a very large company) - so that factors into the whole package. And DH and I have to look into the insurance his employer offers. Hopefully I'll be able to give notice Friday or Monday. I also had a really good interview yesterday for a position at a prominent hospital. I would really love that job. However, given my current situation...I have to take "the bird in the hand", but if an outstanding offer comes along later, I would definitely consider it.

Annie - Dang it all, I missed your b'day. I hope you had a great day, and I'm so so sorry for missing it. Please forgive me. Both of the companies that have given me offers provide insurance through Humana...so I may be asking you for info about the plans.

Gotta run for now.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Keeping fingers crossed and sending good vibes your way. I hope you get the job that most suits you.

---
nothing new in the south.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #108  

Morning all.

Annie - Sorry your cherry tomato plant didn't make it - if you were closer I would have been able to pass along the bonus one from my "twofer".

Shad - Wow, hope you made it through the rest of the day without any other e-casualties. Cute joke re the dogs & the garbage truck. And so true!! I think the wine tour co. also gives wagon tours. But I think cycling around kept me from feeling the wine too much - just sitting in the wagon would have taken the alcohol longer to leave my system.

Mel - Sorry the old chair can't be salvaged.

Michelle - I'm so happy to hear you have multiple options to mull over!! And I hope the timing of the hospital decision works out for you too - it's all happening so quickly!! Good luck!!

Ceejay - Enjoy the faster computer!!

Hellos to the rest of the gang! Hope you're all having a good week.
===
The movie "Snow White and the Huntsman" was generally entertaining. Quite a contrast from the lighthearted and silly "Mirror Mirror" I saw a couple months ago. Annie, it was dark like you said. I didn't care for the way the fight/action scenes were filmed - close-up and herky-jerky. It was also too long - over two hours. I liked the parts with the dwarfs (dwarves?), and it did have Chris Hemsworth in it (Thor), and I like him... though I liked him more in Thor and I really need to get out and see The Avengers!!

Nothing much else to report, except my right shoulder is bugging me today. Yesterday my right "tennis elbow" muscle/tendon/whatever was sore and I knew it was from gripping the digging tools when I was planting my veggies. Today it's that, plus my right shoulder's rotator cuff. Boo!

Nothing planned tonight. Well, maybe a load of laundry. And I'll have to keep watering all my plants and flowers. I need to get some exercise in there somehow.

Okay, back to work. All kinds of "yuckies" to tackle. The boss is stressed out over the latest project, and we have a new A/P person slowing things down. I have Friday off work for a doc appt, so I'm happy for a short week.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #109  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for the birthday wishes...no one could possibly be late on the wishes as I celebrate the entire month of June.

My friend Nell took me to lunch today and gave me a handmade quilt that she made. It is so absolutely beautiful. The design is "baskets surrounded by log cabins" The back side is all pink. The colors on the front are pink/mauve/cream/ with a tinge of blue and lime green sprinkled in. It is absolutely beautiful. It's size is 90" by 78".

LAURA...I think I will wait and rent Snow White and still have not seen Mirror, Mirror, which I do still want to see. Your right shoulder is bugging you and my neck is hurting me. I have weathered it out all day so now I am giving in to an Aleve. They seem to work pretty well for me.

CEEG..nothing new in the south...well no news is good news....relax sister.

CHELLE...as I said you did not miss my birthday, I celebrate all month long. No forgiveness needed and no apologies are needed. Still praying for you to get the best position that God wants you to have. Leave it to HIM.

MELLIE...I think it is high time the government gets you a new chair. Like a Hov-around..or whatever those limosine chairs are called. Dang it anyways. The birthday went well last night. Dad and my SIL got a lil tipsy..too cute.

SHADDIE...I would eat the stir fry veggies but not the lamb....do you eat green mint jelly with it? Blah! Try to stay away from the electronic stuff, you seem to be destructive in that department.

HAPPY...thank you for the cute birthday bunny. and he is pink or she is pink...

Hello's to the rest of you beautiful chicklets also.

Have a great Hump Day/THursday....only two more days this week...man time goes faster and faster the older I get.

Loves and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #110  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

another frustrating day wasting my time on stuff that should have been taken care of before. Half the day is over and I didn't get anything I wanted to done.

First for Mel - here's a picture of the lettuce in a colander planter. It actually grows quite nicely.

happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #111  
Choose your hard

Our newest critter - a baby bunny who lives in the pampas grass by the deck. He gets to eat lettuce from the planter

Here's my herb garden - all things grown on the deck so the deer and rabbits don't eat them

And here's my flower and butterfly "garden"

Old 06-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #112  
Choose your hard

Michelle- I'm glad you are getting some job offers. Perhaps this all happened for a good reason after all...

Annie - glad you had a great birthday. The quilt sounds gorgeous.

Laura - thanks for the movie reviews. They said the person who played Snow White in the Huntsman was not very good.

Mel - I'm sorry you had to retire one chair. I know how hard it is to get them just how you like them

Ceejay - sometimes nothing new is preferable to chaos, stress and destruction

Shad - I am speed reading your post and I have to go back and give it a good look because it looks wildy funny

Hi Patty, Ellen and Java

I'm sorry to be so short on words but I am so far behind today and not really in a good mood at the moment. Will try and get back later.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #113  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Can't find my photos in the phone again. I tried for ages last night. They have to be there somewhere but as far as I can see there are only two pics on the phone. One that I took at home and the one I took last night to see if I could find it again after I filed it. I did, but not the others. Stupid freaking electronic gadgets. I wonder if there is an archive somewhere. Just a thought.

Happy - love the pictures of the garden. You will need those to see you through the long winter. Just to prove you can grow things and see the sun up there.

Mel - poor old chair. You will have to learn to live with the two you have now. There comes a time when everything becomes obsolete. Even me!

Annie - love the sound of that quilt. Some people are so talented like that. Keep enjoying the birthday. My sisters birthday coming up soon and also Chris from Japan. I have a card for Chris but I doubt that it will get there anytime soon unless I shift butt and post it.

Michelle - sounds like the job market might be picking up around your way. Hope some concrete news comes soon. I know what you mean about wanting the hospital job, but taking whatever comes your way first. That's how it is. This medical insurance is a right pain isn't it. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Thank god I don't have to worry too much about it. Although I may have to if the govt keeps taking 2% more of my salary to keep the malingers at the hospital emergency rooms. I may have to investigate the cheapest insurance that will stop me from having to pay the extra medicare. It sucks when you only have to go to the doctor a couple of times a year yet have to pay $1000 in taxes and insurance. If I work it out, they are very expensive visits.

Better go and appear enthusiastic - my victims will be here soon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Did you plant the lettuce from seed or plants? Curious. Love the pictures.

Shad
Sounds like you had a better day than yesterday. You will find those pictures. Did you get a new phone or is the phone being contrary?

Mel
So sad that you had to give up the favorite chair. If my calculations are correct that is a long time.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #115  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

No Ceejay, the phone is contrary. I think it is about to expire. If it doesn't I may help it along the way with a well aimed throw into the toilet.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #116  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.
FINALLY WE HAVE SOME SUNSHINE!!
LOOKS LIKE A LOVELY WEEKEND TOO.
THE KIDS ARE LEAVING FRI NITE OR SATURDAY.
RICHIE MIGHT HAVE TO WORK.
WHEELCHAIR GUY IS COMING TODAY AND I NEED TO GET GOING HERE.
LOTS OF PEOPLE TO SEE AND PLACES TO GO
HAVE A SUPER DAY

MICHELLE....THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS.
BUT WILL KEEP THE FINGERS CROSSED TILL YOU ARE OVER THE FINISH LIKE
WISHING YOU LUCK FINDING INSURANCE IDEAS TOO.
I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THAT IS FOR BOTH OF YOU

LAURA....SORRY TO HEAR THE BOSS IS STRESSING OVER THE NEW PROJECT.
THE NEW PERSON MUST BE ON PINS & NEEDLES!
I THOUGHT JEN HAD SAID THAT MOVIE WAS A DARK ONE.
I'VE NEVER SEEN THOR. AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH SOME MOVIES.
THE ACTION IS SO FAST AND MOVING THAT I GET SICK WATCHING IT.
ENJOY YOUR SHORT WEEK GOOD LUCK AT THE DR APPT TOO
BTW~ YOU HAD A GOOD IDEA WITH MY CHAIR PROBLEM.
BUT I ALREADY TRIED ALL THAT. LOL
ONE DAY LAST YEAR I WAS PUTTING ALL SORTS OF SEATS ON THE DONATED CHAIRS.
I WAS TRYING TO MIRROR THE OLD ONE.
THE OLD ONE HAS BOLTED DOWN SEATING.
NOT LIKE THESE NEW CHAIRS WITH DISPOSABLE-INTERCHANGEABLE PARTS.
TODAY EVERYTHING IS CHEAPER AND VELCRO!!
THEY USE VELCRO LIKE DUCT TAPE!!!
HAVE I SAID I HATE CHANGE????

CEEJAY......ALL IS GOOD IN THE EAST TOO
I'M THINKING WE SHOULD BE GLAD LIFE HAS QUIET TIMES.
THEY SAY THE LIFETIME OF A MOTORIZED CHAIR IS ABOUT 7-10 YEARS BUT I TOOK GOOD CARE OF IT.

ANNIE.....WHAT A SPECIAL GIFT THAT QUILT WAS.
THE COLORS AND THEME SOUNDED BEAUTIFUL.
HAVE MANY COZY TIMES UNDER IT AND RELAX.
HAD A LAUGH AT DAD & THE SIL
I AM GLAD WE CAN CELEBRATE ALL MONTH....I COULD USE A BREAK

HAPPY.....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PICS.
WHAT A FABULOUS IDEA WITH THE COLLANDER.
THE SENIORS WOULD LOVE THAT.
WE MUST THROW A DOZEN AWAY EVERY YEAR!
I HAVE A BRIGHT RED ONE I DOULD DONATE NEXT YEAR.
THE BUNNY IS ADORABLE....AND WELL FED
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THEM.
THEY WILL MAKE MY DAY!! THE FLOWERS AND DECK LOOK GORG3EOUS.
I LOVE YOUR CHAIR CUSHIONS TOO!! I NEED TO MOVE!!!

SHAD.....SPEAKING OF TOILETS & PHONES....
I D A M N NEAR DROPPED MINE IN THE OTHER DAY.
KIND OF A FITTING PLACE FOR MY WORK PHONE NO???
HOPE YOU GET TO FIND THE PICTURES. I THOUGHT I LOST ONE.
BUT THEN I FOUND IT BY ACCIDENT IN MESSAGES.
GUESS THAT'S CAUSE SOMEONE SENT IT TO ME. DUH!!
I AM NOT GOOD AT THIS PHONE STUFF AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

Good Thursday Morning...

Went to Ainsley's (Sam's step DD) 7th birthday party last night. SOooooo many kidlets running around...Yikes. Snuck (a word?) lil man some ice cream cake off my finger...and I found his first tooth on the bottom front. Sam was upset that I found it and she didn't. Said she was a bad mom...lol. W.E. Came home C went fishin on the pond with the neighbor, I went to bed.

SHADDIE...just make sure when you toss the phone into the toitie, it is NOT your toitie...lol

HAPPY...love the pix and your gardens. What a grand idea. Lil bunny was cute too!

MELLIE....maybe someone will donate a wheelchair your way..put the word out there and who knows one might be delivered on your door step. We need rain so badly...sunny 85 today, 88 tomorrow and Sat, 90 Sunday and not a drop of rain in site. It is keeping me busy just watering the garden at night.

CEEG...are you thinking of starting a patio garden?

Hello to all the chicklets...have a great Thursday/Friday.

Love and hugs
Old 06-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #118  

Morning all.

Annie - Yeh, the Snow White movie isn't one I'd recommend you have to run out and see in the theater. You might just skip that one altogether and see Mirror Mirror if you'd prefer the lighthearted movie over the dark one...The quilt sounds beautiful! What a nice gift. Awww, lil guy has his first tooth coming in. How time flies! Yeh, it's super dry and our lawn is getting crispy in the sunniest spots. Yet the grass still grows in the shady spots. I sure hope we'll get some rain soon, because we're bound to forget the watering at some point.

Happy - Love all the pots on the deck! The colander planter is so cute - no drainage worries there. I have one pot that has no drainage and I'm careful watering it, but I'll have to remind bf of that, since he's been watering too. Yeh, I wasn't very impressed with the lead in Snow White - Kristen somebody from the Twilight movies. Hope your mood has perked up.

Shad - Sorry the pics are missing from the phone. Yes, they are probably somewhere else in there, just not where you can easily get at them. Don't pitch it yet!

Mel - Well, I'm glad you still have a couple chairs, but losing the favorite one is a shame. Don't think it was me with the idea for your chair... Bf's aunt has trouble with some of the movies - her vertigo kicks in. One of the movie gals also has issues with them and sometimes needs to take a motion sickness pill.

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!
--
Nothing going on with me. Shoulder still sore. I think I managed to sleep mostly on my back last night so I wouldn't make it worse.

Today's my Friday, hooray. Unfortunately, tomorrow is filled with appointments: allergy/asthma appt, hair appt, and a vet appt (nails/glands/injection). We'll also take doggy to Petsmart for a DIY bath. He's been scratching a lot lately and he sure doesn't have fleas. I think this dry weather is causing it. I might research what we can give him to help it - I've heard flaxseed oil helps.

Okay, off I go. Let's get this day done!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

Laura....Wellness Dogfood in Duck/Oatmeal helps with dry skin and hair. I could only find it at Pet Supplies Plus.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #120  
Choose your hard

Howdy all,

Was supposed to go with DH to Duluth to get one of the cars worked on but I didn't have a very good sleep last night. We capped the evening with a visit to the local emergency room. Gotta try the hospitals in town eventually DH has been mopey the last few days and he finally said he isn't sleeping well because his heart has been racing and pounding in his chest, especially at night which oh by the way might be spiking his blood pressure too. Been happening for a FEW WEEKS NOW and he's been ignoring it. I made him sit down and call to make a doctor's appointment but the first they could see him was July 5. I told him while he was on the phone to tell them what was going on in the hopes that they could fit him in sooner. The person on the phone was very helpful and got a nurse on who asked him lots of questions and then said he would be best off going to the hospital emergency room to get checked out. He didn't want to go because he knew it would be a long wait and sure enough, they were particularly busy. Apparently there are alot of accidents in this town because people are bad drivers AND they forget basic rules of the road like actually stopping at a stop sign. The did take him into triage, did some bloodwork and an EKG and 2 hours after I saw him go in I asked if I could go in to see him. He was sitting in bed with monitors on him bored out of his mind. He would occasionally hold his breath so that the respitory rate would flatline and set the alarm off on the monitor. I almost popped him one - but I did laugh - only once. After 4 hours there they believe the problem is that his potassium was too low which can give one palpitations. They released him and I think both of us were relieved it was something so simple. He has to follow up with the doctor and get a heart monitor to wear for 3 days so they can see if his heart rate is erratic or spikes for a longer time period. So I'm glad at least HE is on the health insurance policy (they keep forgetting to add me as a dependent )

I went to bed at 11:30 to get up early today and woke up right before 4am and tossed and turned for 40 minutes before I decided to just get up. I did see a momma turkey come into the yard with at least 6 chicks but there was nothing for them to eat so they left quickly. Shortly afterwards a young buck came through the yard but there wasn't even grass to nibble on as DH cut the lawn day before yesterday. My little bunny who I have named L.B. for "Little Bunny" is finding and eating the greens I leave him but is not showing himself.

We got some heavy storms rolling through today and they were supposed to be ending but it looks like another round is passing in. The lights have flicked out 3 times already so I'd better post this before I lose it. Back later for personals...