Old 02-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #196  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TO HAPPY AND NAE AS THEY RISH ABOUT THEIR BUSY WORLD!!! YES A WHEELCHAIR CAN BE PRETTY...JEN BOUGHT ME A TINKERBELL PURSE/BAG AND I PUT IT ON THE BACK OF MY OLD CHAIR. IT LOOKS ALL SPIFFIED UP NOW!!!

MICHELLE~ GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE LISTENING TO THE PT. YOU CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO LOSE ANY SPRING/SUMMER TIME FEELING PAIN!! NEITHER DO I. WE CAN BOTH BE GOOD GIRLS FROM NOW ON!! THEN YOU WON'T HAVE TO CHASE ME DOWN THE STREET TRYING TO KICK MY BUTT EITHER

CAN I JUST SAY THAT THE GOVT HAD 3 MORE LETTERS IN MY MAILBOX AGAIN TODAY?? NOW THEY WANT ME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN AND FILE FOR REAL DISABILITY NOW THAT I HAVE PAID ENOUGH INTO THE SYSTEM AND THIS IS ALL COMING FROM ANOTHER WOMAN WHO DIDN'T ANSWER HER PHONE ALL FREAKING DAY GOD SAVE ME FROM SOCIAL SECURITY AND THEIR "HELPFUL WAYS"...
I HELPED OUT AT THE OFFICE A TAD. AND I TRIED THE ZYRTEC FOR MY EYE PAIN. ONE DR IS RIGHT...THE PAIN WAS FROM A SINUS RELATED THING THAT IS AFFECTING MY EYE MUSCLE...FLUID RETENTION. SO LOOKS LIKE ZYRTEC IS THE DRUG OF CHOICE RIGHT NOW TILL I CAN FIND SOMETHING THAT MY BODY CAN HANDLE EASIER. I CANNOT LIVE IN A ZYRTEC FOG!
WEATHER WAS GORGEOUS AND I KEPT GOING OUTSIDE TO GET THE AIR AND THE SUN...ALMOST 60 DEGREES TODAY THE LULL BEFORE THE BIG STORM HEADING OUR WAY. LET US PRAY FOR RAIN AND NOT SNOW!!
ALL IS WELL WITH JEN AND RICHIE AND THEIR GOVT PROBLEMS. SO THAT IS ANOTHER LOAD OFF MY MIND.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. I AM GOING TO REST UP AND JUST DO SOME TIDYING UP.
HAPPY FRIDAY!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-27-2009 at 05:10 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Been busy with the new employee/trainee. She is going to work out just fine. A very smart young lady of 45 years. She had a social work degree and was working on her masters until she found a job. She said with the economy she was happy with anything. She seems to like it and is catching on better than some I have trained.

Mel
so glad that you are feeling better. Can you believe that the tree's have already started to bloom and leaf out.

Happy
from the looks of the radar right now you are going to be getting some more rain. We dodged the bullet last night.

Michelle
Is the recumbant stepper like stairs/esculators?

Shad
Glad you found an apartment with a good location. It sound as if you have walked into a big mess.

Rose
That was nice of you to put the finishing touches on the wheel chair.

To annie, patty madcat and ruth Hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #198  
Happy September

HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE AND A GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL
THE SUN IS SHINING AND ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD I AM SO INVIGORATED FROM YESTERDAY'S MILD TEMP AND SUNSHINE. IT JUST FELT SO GOOD TO BE OUTSIDE!!! THE WEATHERMAN SAID IT ONLY REACHED 52 BUT I THINK IT WAS WARMER...UN LESS THAT WAS WISHFUL THINKING ON MY PART!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND I HOPE WHEREVER YOU ARE THAT THE SUN SHINES ON YOUR FACE AS WELL

JEANETTE~ I AM SO GLAD THE NEW LADY IS WORKING OUT WELL. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A "FRIEND" AT WORK. I ALSO SAW SOME BUDS ON TREES AND BUSHES AND IT WAS A MIRACLE!!! MADE ME FEEL GOOD. ENJOY THE DAY!
PS: DO YOU MIND ME CALLING YOU JEANETTE? I SEE YOU DON'T USE IT EVERY DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-28-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #199  

It looks like the buds on the tree's may get nipped today. The weathermen are predicting the white stuff up to 4 inches. I have flowers that have emerged. I think they are iris but don't really look like iris. I know they are not jonquils.

I'm on day 2 of the 7 day stretch.
I've already work my 4 days.

Mel
I don't mind you calling me Jeanette. It's my name. Some of the others may not recognize who I am. I've been ceejay for so long.

So far it's quite at work and hope it stays this way.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-28-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #200  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

And a good afternoon to you (as it is already past noon here). DH, me and the cat all slept in this morning. It was chilly and the covers were nice and cozy Even Mr. Feral showed up after 7am and is curled up snoring.

As Ceejay said, we are due for our once a year snow storm. 1 to 3 inches of mush. I have all I need here so I'm not going out but I'm sure there is panic at the stores. It's supposed to start late this afternoon and go overnight. There is moisture all around us but right now it's just above freezing and I guess it's in the clouds as nothing is falling right now. By Friday it's supposed to warm up to 70 degrees again. Go figure! While there are buds on the trees and the daffodils are in bloom as well as the forsynthia, red buds and pear trees - thankfully our Japanese Maple has not started to bud yet as the snow would no doubt freeze that and damage it. I am not above putting bed sheets on the trees out front to save them

DH has to put in some overtime at work and it's a good day to stay in and tackle home projects.

Ceejay - I see you are in the path of the snow too. I'm glad you finally got a potentially good co-worker to help out. Teach her well!

Mel - there is nothing (to me) quite as energizing as those first few bursts of warmish spring air. Just like you said - you feel SOOOOOO good! Glad you got to enjoy a shot. Take care of that eye. Sounds squeemish to me. Is your eye red like a vampire? Glad to hear that Jen got her government hassles staved off (for the meantime).

Michelle - hope the weather leaves you alone. Have fun at the dog show - those are always fun! Get a little time in for relaxing with the hubster.

Shad - it sounds like you are back in a place where you can enjoy some sights on the weekend. Sounds like fun. And a 15 minute walk to the office, I'd sign up for that. Even if I had to drag my wheely laptop bag with me

Dance to the music Annie I'm sure you'll have a good time tonight!

Patty and Rose and the rest of the crew.

Time to get off the computer, make lunch and get something done here. Take care chicks, enjoy the weekend!

Last edited by happy2bme; 02-28-2009 at 01:33 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #201  

Happy
Beware it's snowing big time here. However, it isn't sticking. Mother nature must be giving us the last taste of Winter.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-28-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #202  
Choose your hard

We've got snow - AND it's sticking. Right now about a half of an inch.

Mr. Feral slept for 7 hours and then showed signs of waking up. I was afraid he'd leave without getting food so I opened the door and fed him. He ate but afterwards instead of trotting off, he just sat by the food bowl with his eyes closed. Finally (and he's NEVER done this before) he crawled back to his bed, curled up and went back to sleep. Guess none of us southerners like the snow - even the animals

It's pretty out there - looks like Christmas Maybe I'll make a 3 inch high snowman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front Yard 021006 Snow.jpg (28.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by happy2bme; 02-28-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #203  
Choose your hard

click on the pic at the bottom of my post for southern style snow - hurry before someone scoops it up, puts batter on it and tries to deep fry it
Old 03-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #204  
Happy September

JEANETTE~ SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY FOR THE REST OF THE WORK DAYS! THE SNOW IS JUST ARRIVING HERE. DID IT END UP LEAVING A LOT BY YOU? I THINK THE SOUTH IS GETTING MORE SNOW THAN WE ARE!!!!!

HAPPY~ MUST HAVE FELT GOOD TO HAVE A LONG LIE IN ON A WEEKEND. YES I LOOK LIKE A ONE EYED VAMPIRE!! BUT IT'S HEALING VERY FAST. HOPE YOUR TREES DIDN'T NEED TO BE TUCKED IN WITH YOUR DESIGNER SHEETS!! LOVE THE AVATAR!!! CAN YOU PLEASE SAVE ME A SOUTHERN DEEP-FRIED SNOWBALL??

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES! HOPE THE DAY BEGINS ON A HAPPY NOTE FOR US ALL. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
I HAVE JUST BEEN DOING BILLS AND TIDYING UP. GOT RID OF A LOT OF CASSETTES AND THE SENIORS ARE HAVING A BALL PICKING THRU THEM DOWN IN THE LIBRARY. I PUT A BOX OF THEM THERE. I HAVE SO MANY CD'S THAT I REALLY CAN'T POSSIBLY LISTEN TO ALL THIS MUSIC. IT SEEMS EVERY TIME I TURN AROUND THERE IS MORE CLUTTER. I HAVE TO GO AND GET THE MAINT/ ROOM READY FOR EDDIE...HE SHOVELS SNOW FOR US NOW THAT JIMMY IS GONE. WE HAVE A COATING WITH A PROMISE FOR AN 8" DUMP THIS AFTERNOON AND THRU THE NIGHT. SHOULD BE INTERESTING!!! SO MUCH FOR MY SPRING-LIKE FEELING!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 03-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #205  

We ended up with 5 inches of the white stuff. I don't have a digital but I did take some pictures. It is beautiful. There were times yesterday when the snow was falling so hard you couldn't see across the street. I didn't drive in it. I called the stand by water person to come and get me to take me home last night and to come get me this morning. The citizen's are wanting their streets plowed but the super of that department told me that the motor burned up on the machine and it would not be here till Monday. It's beginning to melt off the streets. It was really fun to watch.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #206  

Oh and I've gotten my exercise I for today. I've shoveled part of the side walk so my shoes would not get wet. I still have some to do on the catwalk going to the lime room.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #207  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Winter wonderland this morning. I'd say we got about 5 inches also. Much more up north I hear. I thought that it would be melted by the end of the day today but we got more than I thought we'd get. The sun is brilliant this morning and the streets and sidewalks are starting to melt - just have to be careful of slushy, slippery areas.

Haven't seen the cats this morning so I think (hope) they hunkered down somewhere to ride out the storm.

Personally I'm looking forward to the end of the week when it will be 70. DH said this is a good reminder of why we can't live up north ever again - headaches, his back was hurting and late last night as I got ready for bed, my entire body was hurting. I remember that feeling from winters in Chicago - and I start to feel that way by the end of the week when we are visiting for Christmas.

Going to try and get some things done around the house today. Was hoping I wouldn't have to go to the store but I am low on a few things so I'll take inventory and make a short list.

Happy Sunday all!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #208  
Choose your hard

It's March so we have a new thread - Worldly Chicks - Ready, Forward, March

here's the link - Click me and jump on the magic carpet
Old 03-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #209  
Choose your hard