Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With Halloween around the corner, how do you think you'll handle the candy issue?
I swore to stay totally OP and not have a single piece 8 28.57%
I promised I'd have just 1 piece and that would be it! 0 0%
I plan on having a tiny piece of SB LEGAL CHOCOLATE as my treat. 2 7.14%
I have a WEIGHT & SEE ATTITUDE right now. 2 7.14%
I'm not holding out for much hope for myself. 1 3.57%
You mean it's not Halloween already? I'm already guilty! 2 7.14%
I'm not opening my door, didn't buy any candy, not an issue! 6 21.43%
I'll let you know AFTER Friday! 4 14.29%
Can someone just tie my hands and tape my mouth up? Let's just say, I'm worried! 3 10.71%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:05 PM   #181  
Little Engine That Could

Hello all,
Sorry I've been MIA for a good week now. I'm up to my ears in French and other "stuff." Actually, I've been trying to get my last 3 reports all finished up for my French class so I can coast into Thanksgiving without having to even think about any of that work.

I had a bad weekend food-wise. We went up to Jacksonville for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party otherwise known as the Ga-FL football game. It lived up to all the hype. I had forgotten how crude (not even clever-crude) the Ga fans were. We saw lots of Ga. vehicles painted with the UF letters reversed in regards to FLa. And nasty comments about our coach's wife. (That's getting pretty low, to write crude comments about the wife!) But it was a perfect day: we had a great tailgate party: low country boil (shrimp, corn and potatoes), roasted oysters, fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, boiled peanuts, all kinds of chips and dips, cakes, brownies, hamburgers, cheese spreads with tapenade, wine, beer, soft drinks, water, etc. etc. And the best part, we didn't have to do any of the work. We provide the tickets (really good club seats this year) and our friends' grown children provided the tailgate. They even rented a couple of port-a-lets so we had easy access to pottys. Perfect! And the game was even better. The mighty Gators won again, victors 13 out of the last 14 years.
Anyway, I'm back on plan today. We got home right after lunch and I had some soup and salad. We DID walk while in Jax. so did get my exercise in.

BOB--Did you watch the game?
Did you see the Ark-UK game? We were pulling for UK but were sad to learn they lost in the 7th overtime. They just need to learn that they can win. After that many overtimes, it's no longer about football.

Well, just wanted to check in and say hi. Haven't read all the posts, just the ones on this page. We didn't do Halloween, so don't have any candy to throw out. But I did do that tail gate and a celebration dinner afterwards--with dessert. But--it was gooood.

Bye.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:58 PM   #182  

Default Good Sunay Afternoon

Hello Everybody,
Hope everyone is having a peaceful and relaxing Sunday. It is rainy here, which makes me want to cuddle up in bed and watch movies all day. In any event I don't think that will happen, need to get to the market.

Fillise ~~ I, too, am sorry that you are not feeling well. I do know how you are feeling. Your day is coming when you can put this all behind you. I found that magnesium is a pain reducer, it is not like a pain killer, but it soes help. I hope that you feel better soon. Don't forget the ginger, it will stop nausea. And hot water bottles in bed. My kids and friends declared that I should have been a doctor. :-)

Bob ~~ Yes- sir- re- Bob, I did it! When I feel depressed or not well, jsut looking at kitty cats make me feel better. I also read that cats reduce blood pressure, ain't that something?! Oh, I saw the site, it is just too much, the GIT DOWN KITTIES. Glad things worked to your favor with your EX. And hope things go your way Monday.

Teesny ~~ I sure did beat the traffic, just in a nick of time. I am truly a careful driver. I was in an accident back in 95 and had a open fracture to my right wrist and a compound fracture to my left ankle. Was in a wheel chair that is how serious it was. Plus for several months I had nurses around the clock. Today I am great. Thanks for the recipes, I have already printed them out and will give then a try. Loved it, your joke! lol You probably can tell that I'm adjusting this post as I read, YOU look wonderful.

CounrtyMom4Him ~~ Just loved the image "just say no". Those cheddar biscuits do sound yummy. Do yu have a tender pie crust that is legal? Thanx in advance.

Maggie ~~ WELCOME. This the place to be. Everyone here is so great and hospitable. You will do great. Monet is the expert when I came to thyroids. Just jump right in and make yourself at home.

Well, it time to go now. I need some fresh air, even tho it's raining, it will smell even better. Have a good day.

Later,
LJunel

Closed Thread