Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Support - September 2007

Welcome to Sugarbusters! This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 09-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #2  

Hey everyone! I just realized it is September and time for a new monthly thread! So, here it is!

Lets make September the best month ever!

Drink your water!
Exercise AT LEAST three times a week!
Set an achievable goal, and a reward for reaching it, and share it!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #3  

Whoopie a new clean start. Love it when Monet puts the new one up. Thanks for the good advice. Tried the Kashi pizza last night. It was the chicken one. And I thought it was alright. I put more chicken on it though. Ate the leftovers for breakfast/lunch. I'm finally on the new laptop. Thank goodness for my DH getting it right. He's feeling better. He just can't have allot of salads it kills his reflux disease.

Bob-You make it feel like fall is in the air. I'm not into football but love to hear you gals and your teams.

Monet-Did you get my pm. Is that alright?

Heres hopeing we all have a good Sept. and our missing ones start coming back and our newbies stay.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #4  

TONI: I replied to your PM. Didn't you get the reply? Yes, it is all right. No problem! As I said in the PM, it will only be a couple dollars total, so you are prepared, and don't have to worry about how much!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:59 PM   #5  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone!

I'm still alive - sleep deprived - but alive! Blake is doing great - he's growing so much! He eats all the time...I guess he gets that from me! He sleeps a lot during the day - 3-4 hours at a time. At night he sleeps for about 3-4 hours during the first part of the night and after the first feeding, he's up every 2 - 2 1/2 hours. So, I'm not sleeping much between those hours! By the time I get back to sleep he's waking up again!! But, I know that this will only last for a short period of time - and I've been waiting for this for so long - so I am not complaining!! Lexie seems to be coming around and liking Blake a little more than before so I'm really happy about that!! Other than that - not much else happening here!

I'll be celebrating my 37th birthday Tuesday. I can't believe that I am turning 37 with 2 young kids. I remember when my sister was pregnant with her first and she was 27 - I thought that was so old to be having a baby! I was 16 at the time...so anything over 20 was old to me! HA! Well...look who's laughing now....I'm the old one!

FILLISE: Isn't it your birthday this week too? I think it's you!

Well, I'm off for now! Talk to you all again soon - hopefully!

Much love
Missy
Old 09-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #6  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

I'm dragging my big ole arse in after staying up late to watch that football game.....GAME????? I think Aliens took over my team....that's it... took over my team!!! Had I been a drinking gal, I would have been sloppy drunk by the end of the 1st quarter!
At least it wasn't a conference game.....ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS!!!

Needless to say, I didn't get ONE THING DONE YESTERDAY because of watching all the football games! SO.........today, I'll finish my laundry, change the beds, and I think I'll fix steamed cabbage for supper...sounds good!

What's on everyone's plate for the day?

Oh, DANG MISSY....YOU'RE GONNA BE OLD!!!!!

I'll check in later....

BOB
Old 09-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #7  

Hey everyone! I am still entertaining my mother in law, so I have not been on much lately.

We had a big crew for dinner last night, which turned out ok. I have tried to get into the garagio to work some today, but it just did not happen the way I had hoped.

I better get my online 'chores' done and get back to entertaining...

Later!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #8  

Yea! a new board! Rachel's birthday is Tuesday and she'll be 13!! Both of my babies are teenagers, but they are so much fun! I just love going to see the band concerts, marching band and football games and dance events. Its so neat to see them developing into young adults and be so talented. We had a little party yesterday with three of her friends. Craig grilled hamburgers for us and they all put on mud masks last night. Then they spent the night and went home this morning. We had birthday at grandma's today and we'll go shopping tomorrow since we're off from school. She ended up with a gift certificate to a dance store, itunes cards and a starbucks card as well as some cold hard cash!!

Hope everyone has a great week and a great month! I'm hoping to get more serious about my effort and get into walking again since the weather is cooling off some. We are leaving for a few days on the beach on the 15th and I would love to have a couple more pounds off by then! we'll see!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:38 PM   #9  
sef

Hi All,

Have been gimping around, back is killing me, as is arthritis. So far though, I have managed to get done what has to be done. Went to NH and did the entertaining thing as well. Cleaned and did more wash. Today? Buptkus!!

The scale is on the way down again. So we will see how that goes.

MONET: I will look again to see if I can find you.

SOLLY: Have not heard from Ashley in ages. I tried after Katrina and could not get through. There has been no answer since, yet phone company doesn't say line discontinued.

SAROSE: To me you're not tall. Used to my GD who is just shy of being a full 6'. You mentioned pickles and that reminded me.........one of the benefits of vinegar is it supposed to help with weight loss. Whenever I make a three/four bean salad or colesaw w/ vinegar dressing I do much better in weight loss. So it may have some merit, or it's all in my head!!!

TONI: I'm not a football fan either. What I know about the game I learned from my crossword puzzles. Although living with my family the last eight and a half years I have learned a few other things about it. They are real fanatics!

BOB: Is LSU in your conference? That's who we root for around here. GD went there for her first year, got rid of the nitty gritty have to have courses so she could concentrate on film at UNO. I'm always behind the times. Just watched Queen and really liked it.

MISSY: Ah yes, I remember those baby years well!! You're so old! lol I remember when DS was in Army he had to take a tug driving test. He kept telling us this old guy who took the test at the same time. Finally asked him how old "old" guy was. "Gee, he was at least 33 or 35!" DS was all of 19! So everything is relative. Besides the closer you get to an age, the younger it looks!!

I had a very touching moment at the NH Thursday. As I was leaving a young woman came up to me, reached over and started patting and stroking my shoulder. I must say as I was taken aback, but then she started talking and with tears in her eyes asked, "I wonder if you know how much the things you do here are appreciated? Mrs. O'Grady died last night and she enjoyed your groups so much. Everyone I talk to here say you are a blessing." I must say it choked me up. She went on to say other complimentary things and ended by thanking me again. Wasn't that nice? A real surprise. I have been thanked before but she was so bereft and heartfelt. I'll never forget.

Hope y'all have a nice weekend.

May good things happen, Shirley
Old 09-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #10  

Howdy gals. House cleaning today. We're kind of staying in this week end. Guess I'm boring. Went on ebay and bid on an old time wooden butter churn. Hope I get it. I made a meatloaf for dinner with some fresh broccoli and sauteed mushrooms. Yum. Got to run we're watching a movie but wanted to check in.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #11  

SHIRLEY

Yes, LSU is in my conference....they are on the West side and we're on the East side. The winners of both meet up in Atlanta in December to see who wins the Conference.

BOB
Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #12  

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I was up at 6:30a.m. WHY?????? Beats me...on a day when I can sleep, I'm up at my regular time! That's ok though...got a lot to do today....I hate to shampoo carpets, but it's gotta be done! As soon as KATE gets up, I'm going to get er done...

No plans for today. Lots to do around the house

Hope everyone has a relaxing day!

BOB
Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 AM   #13  

Happy Birthday, Fillise!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:00 PM   #14  

Howdy and happy Monday to ya all. Happy Birthday Fillise Our little town is hopping with tourists. We can hear them on the river in canoes. Laughing and screaming and just having a really good time. The campsites are full on the last big camping holiday of the year. The week end weather has been just beautiful. Think we'll probably barbeque something tonight. Hope everyone is having a good week end.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #15  
Bustin' Buddy

Happy Birthday FILLISE!! I knew it was close to mine!

THIN: Rachel and I have the same birthday!!

Missy
Closed Thread