Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #106  
Southside White Sox Fan

We buy the Comcast baseball package, Lisa. I know what you mean. Jim cares about all the teams but I only care about the White Sox.

Melissa, you sound so down in the dumps. Don't be down on yourself. Just get back on Core and do it. You have been successful at other things in your life. You can be successful at this. When you are read to do it, you will. Don't forget your friends when you win the Lotto!

Kathy, I'd NEVER eat sweet chili. Mine has to be hot.

Yum, Angela. Waffles......I haven't had one of those in forever. I think I'll be making an oatmeal cottage cheese pancake for lunch tomorrow. I am still SO hungry on this antibiotic. I have given up all hopes of losing for this week. I'm just happy that my UTI is improving every day.

Off to be now!
Old 10-09-2005, 12:15 AM   #107  

Happy thanksgiving to you too Lisa!!
Melissa I love the beans in my chili too,, and i love that its core. I have some in my freezer already pkged to grab and go for those days I dont have a lunch ready. But I do put corn and mushrooms in mine,,,my mom always made hers that way.
Kathy, I wish I could get my Dh to do Core with me,,,he does eat alot of Core recipes that I make but he likes to eat late at night and thats not good for him. I mean like two sandwiches every night before bed.
Vickie I love those prelit trees....my next one will be that kind. I just cant justify getting a new one just yet though....this one is only three years old.
Only went for a little bit to the birthday party,,,,it was pretty quiet actually but gf did make a pumpkin cheesecake and I had a small sliver...and then some baked cheezie when i got home. Going to bed now before I eat more.....
ttyl
Old 10-09-2005, 10:09 AM   #108  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all! I hope everyone is having a good day.

I had my SF breakfast this morning; so far, so good. I decided to go ahead since the weeks are Sunday to Saturday (at least on the meal plans), and can make Shaun eat the other stuff. I can still have my FF cottage cheese with peaches for lunch, and the whole package of crab is going into the freezer. Next potluck, which is coming up in a few weeks, I'll make some crab salad to take to work with a box of Wheat Thins. Those people will eat anything.

Today we aren't doing much except hopefully Judd will clean out the garage. I will sit and drink water while watching TLC all day.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #109  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi there,

Welcome Back patti - glad you had a good time-and sounds like you made some very good choices-have fun at the party.

Kathy - I am so glad that monstrosity is not yours! When I first opened the thread and saw it (before reading the text) I started to freak out a bit- was trying to find something positive to say about it - hahaha. So glad it's next door-but what an eyesore- hope the inspectors agree but I can see how it might look like you ratted on them.

Sounds like you and Judd have a great eating plan going there. As for highlights - I just had mine redone and I think they are too "subtle"- last time I complained cuz there were too "yellow/brassy" so I went back and got some toner put in which did turn them more golden. This time of course they put the toner in and I don't think my highlights show too much - I did spend a fortune on them! They will think I am a pretty crazy lady tho if I complain yet again??

Vivian - congrats on the amazing weight loss- you are doing great.

Hang in there Melissa and Sandra! It's a new day.

I too have been off course- and today we are off to neice's place for big turkey dinner - have to go get a dessert to bring. Will try not to go too crazy.

Went to the see the new Wallace and Gromit movie yesterday w/little ds - it was so cute - and of course my affinity to bunnies made it even more enjoyable.

Dishwasher still not working as we have now ordered a new motor or something? I have dishpan hands! ha ha ha (but did get my nails done yesterday!). Also got a new bookcase and mirror for big ds's room as we try to finalize the clean - what a junkpile that was. He has this beautiful oak dresser which was crammed full of papers, memorabilia, old newspapers (his "newpaper collection"?) and other crap- no clothes to speak of. With the power of the laptop you're not getting til this room is in order, I got him to clean them out (probably just shoved the junk somewhere else?) and am making him actually put clothes in the dresser - what a thought! Also stripped all the bed linens and found at least 2 dozen towels in his closet so the washer is doing overtime now (heaven help us if that breaks down!).

Well we finally handed over the laptop (notebook I think) and we have not seen ds since! He is so excited - spent most of yesterday and last night "setting" it up and organizing it for himself. Still need to buy MS office for it- has a 30 day trial and I told him no $$ til November - sigh...need to go to the basement and "print" some more up I guess?

Frouf
Old 10-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #110  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I'm finally feeling a bit better. Antibiotics are still making me very hungry and weigh in is tomorrow. I have done NO exercise all week and the scale shows the lack of effort. I don't care. I just couldn't bear to exercise with a UTI. I'll be back on track with weigh in tomorrow. I've been trying to find baseball tickets all morning. Too expensive for us and too scarey to buy from people on the street. Already hearing about counterfeit tickets. I guess we'll watch from home.

Frouf, I say complain away until they get it right! DS sounds like a happy guy....and he should be. The laptop is quite a nice present. At least you know he's enjoying it very much.

Kath, you make me laugh. You always have a plan and make the best out of whatever situation you are in. Good for you! Sometimes I get paralyzed just trying to make a decision.

Patti, it sounds like you did ok. Did the sugar give you problems this morning?

Well, Jim is washing the kitchen floor so I guess that's my cue to go clean something too! I'll be back later.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #111  
focused and aiming

aloha ladies. we had a great time with our friends last night. she made a potroast with a side of mixed veggies. life is good.

vickie, sas shoes are wonderful. they are helping my feet. down in texas there are some sas outlet stores but not so here in western montana. i had to pay about $125 for each pair, but they are well worth the bucks. right now i have a bid on a air on ebay. i'm high bid right now. congratulations on getting your dream tree and also for having a great core meal out. core is fairly easy to do eating out, don't you think? i find myself getting grilled steaks, etc... now. something i hardly ever did before core.

vivian, i saw zappos online when i was looking for sas. i don't think i found sas shoes there, though. maybe i should go look again. keep up the good work, girl. your signature is super impressive.

angela, i'm glad you got your ebay goodie. have fun!

kathy, your dinners sound yummy. did you get the recipes and menu plans from the slimfast website?

melissa, are you rich yet? can i borrow some money? i'm native texan and am surprised now how hard it is to find chili without beans. when i was growing up, my mother would buy brick chili at the grocers and just add water to it. that was pretty good but my favorite was "wolf brand chili."

kathy, remember wolf brand chili w/o beans? i'm trying to rememberr their motto but it's slipped me right now. was it "do you have a can of wolf brand chili?" i don't think that's right. i think it was something, something then "well, you oughta be." but i can't remember.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEKEND TO OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS!!!

lisa, we used to have a pro hockey team in ft worth, tx called the ft worth texans. my mother used to take my son to all their home games. (her boyfriend worked there.) my son had a bucketful of hockey pucks and a couple of cracked sticks in his closet from those games.

patti, what's baked cheezie? i'm curious. congratulations on doing well at the party.

kathy, have you watched "ballroom bootcamp" on tlc? i love it.

frouf, i'm getting highlights nov 4. i'm starting to like my short hair. last night i wore dangling earrings. i usually wear pearl studs. i think dangling is good with short do's. i'll bet ds is one happy fella. i'm glad he got his puter.

vickie, for tomorrow.

i don't know if i've confessed to this before or not. sometimes i type things in then delete them before posting. i have a bad habit. a lot of times i will take a couple (no more than 2) laxatives the evening before wi. i am not going to do this any more. i know this isn't right to do. (i am about to push 'delete' right now but i won't.)

i think doing this makes it harder for me to lose consistently. i might have a good loss but it makes it harder for me to continue losing. don't know exactly why, but that seems to be what's happening. so? no more ex-lax the night before wi. this is a promise.

okay, that's all the 'fessin i'm doing right now. melissa, i am aiming for 189 for halloween. i'm tired of these 190's. i'll see you there when i get there.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #112  

Pardner, how long since you had a big steamin' bowl of Wolf Brand chili? ... Well, that's too long.

Our internet has been up and down all day, so I'll make this fast just in case! I got those recipes from the Slimfast site. There are tons of good ones, and all are Core. I won't post my menu in the regular thread for fear someone will see it and think they've landed on the Slimfast board, but here it is:
B: SF Optima shake, whole wheat toast with PB
S: celery with FF cream cheese
L: SF Optima meal bar (PB chewy granola), FF cottage cheese and peaches
S: 94% popcorn and raisins
D: chicken caesar salad -- chicken, regular parmesan, LF caesar dressing, and romaine

I've also had a ton of water today. Judd has lost 5 pounds now since Wednesday. The Optima shakes, meal bars and snack bars are lower in sugar than the regular, and there's a good variety of them. I still have dill dip that'll eat with celery or carrots until it's gone, and can keep eating my FF cottage cheese and fruit.

We just got back from Home Depot and have settled down in front of the TV. I wish we were watching something besides football, but oh well. Life goes on.

Hope everybody's having a great day.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #113  

Afternoon everyone,
its been a beautiful day here today..I even went outside to read on my patio. The scale was kind today,,-1,,so Im very happy.
Baked cheezies are those salty cheesy snacks but instead of being deep fried they are baked. Kathy your husband is doing great,,,,Im sure you will find it easier now that both of you are following the same program. I dont mind if you post on the menu thread but its up to you.
Sandra they say confession is good for the soul....do you feel better?? hope so. We are going to hold you to that promise too...((hug))
Vickie, it was more important that you got better this week,,,,,now its time to get back on the exercise wagon and hold on! You can do it!!
Froufy Happy Thanksgiving! My youngest Dd is away at college and is living with 4 other roommates, one of which is jewish. Well she made all of the roommates a special meal on Rosh Hoshanna(sp?) for them to experience.. my dd thought it was pretty cool.
Time to do some housework around here, Im off tomorrow and i dont want to spend the day inside!
have a great night everyone.,..ttyl
Old 10-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #114  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow, where is everyone? Do you all have the Sunday night blues? I just got a fun call from a research company here in my neck of the woods. I did a room deodorizer test about a month ago for them and got $45 cash. Tonight they called looking for WW members to taste yogurt smoothies. Now mind you, I dislike yogurt alot. But, for $35 cash and an hour of my time, I'm pretty much willing to taste just about anything! Of course, this is also going to cost me some points. I'm thinking yogurt smoothies are not Core, right? I've never looked it up but I suspect it's got fruit and sugar in it.

Sandra, I'm glad you confessed. I hope you really are done with those things since I'm pretty sure they aren't healthy for you. Thanks for the blinks but I believe I'm a hopeless cause this week. The scale is up, up, up. And, since it is up already, I'm going to eat breakfast and wear my fall heavier clothes. Might as well get it all over in one week so I can get back to losing. Wow, $125 for shoes. They better be nice! I'm still going to try some on one of these days. I think I have a coupon for 10% off or something like that.

Patti, Congratulations! Down a whole pound. Good work, especially when you consider that you were out of town and eating out for many meals.

Kath, your menu looks pretty darn healthy. Aren't men lucky that they lose so fast. Did you watch the Astros/Braves marathon? Jim watched that and is now watching the Yankees. The Bears were on this afternoon so there is no conflict.

Well, I'm off to watch some TV. Talk with you all in the morning after my horrible weigh in.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #115  

Vickie, we watched that game! Can you believe 18 innings? Good grief, I'm sure they were exhausted at the end, no matter how excited they were about winning the series. I hope your w/i isn't as bad as you're anticipating, but you are excused for this week because of being sick last week. Have fun at that taste test.

We did the yard today and it looks so good. Judd put up the pumpkin lights that go around the flowerbed edges, fertilized front and back, and then we had our trip to Home Depot. We got deck cleaner/brightener and a scrubbing broom, a timer for the pumpkin lights, some fertilizer, lightbulbs, trash bags, and two big crotons in pretty pots for the back patio/deck. I'm ready to stop spending money!

I'll be back tomorrow morning. Hoping to get to work around 6:30 so I can leave at a decent hour, but we might be having a plumber come out to look at the water heater. Guess we'll see in the morning when they call.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:42 PM   #116  
Melissa

Hey you guys. I've been reading today but not posting. I've been lazy.

Sandra, I'm glad that you felt comfortable sharing your "confession." We're going to get there together, one of these days.

Kathy, sounds like you had a productive day! Your menu sounds really good, makes me consider doing slim-fast again for a couple of weeks. I get really tired of eating it 2x/day though.

Vickie, for tomorrow. I hope that even if you are up it is a positive experience. You have had a hard week.

Patti, enjoy your day off tomorrow.

I'm trying to get back op tomorrow. I'm going to try to use very very few wpas this week. We'll see how that goes. I know that I need to believe that I can succeed. Sometimes that is hard!

Goodnight.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #117  

Melissa, if you get a minute, look at the SF site again. The Optima plan is better than the regular plan used to be. Judd has been eating all day long and has stayed pretty satisfied.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #118  
Melissa

Kathy, I'm going to take a look at it now. We'll see if I remember my password. My concern is that I cook/serve people at work, and would I break down and nibble when I am not supposed to be eating. I don't know, I might consider it.

Morning all, and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadians chicks!

I'm just determined to stay positive today. On the Halloween thread Judy said that this weight loss thing is mind over matter for her. I think it is a lot of it for me, too.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:07 AM   #119  
Melissa

Kathy, you're right, the plan is better than it used to be. It is very interesting. I know that I cannot eat like that long-term, but I'm thinking a week or two might help me to get off my plateau and learn a little discipline. It is so "strict" and with the meal planner laying everything out it would be easier to stay on track I think. I'm thinking I could follow their plan and then have a core supper. Most all of it is core anyway, except for the actual slim-fast products. It is an interesting thought. I think that I will try to stick with core this week as closely as possible. If I have another bad week I might try sf for a week or two just to get myself on a rigorous plan.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #120  

It's helping me stay focused, that's for sure. I drank a bottle of water on the way to work this morning and didn't stop for a coke. That's a huge NSV for me!
Closed Thread