Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 AM   #121  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
I agree with wanttobeskinny. The calorie confusion theory doesn't really work on this plan. When I started having an occasional cheat meal, it really messed me up. Especially if you don't gain. It's a slippery slope!! Everytime you eat off plan, you throw yourself out of the chemical burn and then your body is just counting on the low calories to lose weight, which really slows you up. It's the food combinations that really excelerates the weight loss on this plan. Did I do it? Yes, and it took me a lot longer to lose. Even when I had the occasional meal (and it really was only one meal - a lot of people have trouble getting back on plan) I went through a series of mental checklists to ask myself if it was really worth it.
I have to agree with both of them...I have spent the last month doing what you are talking about. It is a REALLY slippery slope!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #122  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice. I did two things today that made me feel much better. I had Lane Bryant real women dollars (spend $50 get $25 free---I had SIX of them and used all of them) It was a reminder on how far I have come and why I shouldnt give in to my old ways. I loved being able to say "Do you have this is a 14/16?" and knowing it was the smallest size they carry. I actually enjoy trying on clothes and being surprised when something fits me. I also went to Macys to look at all of the cute sundresses (I LOOOVE sundresses but haven't found too many cutes ones in plus sizes) I was looking at the tags and noticing that in the "regular" section they go up to a size 14. I tried squeezing into a 14 but it didnt quite work. Instead of being bummed out I thought "Summer is still over 2 months away, by then I will be smaller AND the dresses will be on sale!"
When I got home I made the MRC Nachos and made them to plan except I added jalapeno peppers to it (which I don't think are allowed) so it felt like a big bad cheat and was comforting without the damage that I could have done at one fast food restaurant. So what started out as a bad day ended up good after all!
Congratulations on staying OP!! What on earth are MRC nachos?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #123  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Welp, I made 200 even, signed the 30 lb board, lost more in four days than I have in the same time frame for the last few weeks, and asked about the next menu so I start green today. I'm really hoping that'll get me back to some of those bigger numbers I was seeing at the beginning.

YAY!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
Welp, I made 200 even, signed the 30 lb board, lost more in four days than I have in the same time frame for the last few weeks, and asked about the next menu so I start green today. I'm really hoping that'll get me back to some of those bigger numbers I was seeing at the beginning.

YAY!!!
Congrats on your loss, hope I can see some loss this Thursday at WI, I have not lost an ounce for the past 2 weeks, even gained a pound, staying 100% on plan. I started doing a butt kicking video at home to see if that gets me out of this hole.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

WI yesterday for a 2 pound loss! YEAH!! Then they gave me a new menu to try a 2 meals a day menu......I keep looking at it and wondering if this will increase my loss. Is anyone using the 2 meal a day menu and how are they doing wih it?

Also could some one please explain ketosis to me??? At my center they very rarely have the sticks and always tell me I don't want to be in ketosis! I am confused help!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #126  
Tired & disgusted...

I haven't heard of a 2 meals per day menu...

DON'T want to be in ketosis? uh... is it always the same one or is it all of them cuz my understanding is you DO want to be in ketosis because thats the fat burning stage. If it's the same counselor then I'd ask someone else up there cuz that isn't right.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 206/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

YAY!!!
Awesome! Congrats on reaching those milestones! I keep hearing everyone talk about the colored menus and I am so curious because I am still in preconditioning.

My center was very vague with what each menu entails... do they change your menus as you reach different weights then? How does that work?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

Actually they have all told me that!! I am convinced that all the staff at this center is new and they don't know what they are doing!!

2 Meal Plan consists of:
Breakfast HNS , 4oz of protein,1 fruit, 1veg and 1 bread
Lunch HNS
Dinner Protein 4 oz
Vegetble and Bread

This diet is on a peach colored piece of paper. You can also have extrea HNS of course!

I think I now have every colored menu.......they have tried everything to increase my loss.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I haven't heard of a 2 meals per day menu...

DON'T want to be in ketosis? uh... is it always the same one or is it all of them cuz my understanding is you DO want to be in ketosis because thats the fat burning stage. If it's the same counselor then I'd ask someone else up there cuz that isn't right.
I agree with ford4life69, you DO want to be in ketosis, that is what this program is all about. You always need to be in this stage to burn the stored fat. Otherwise, you are not losing.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

YAY!!!
Woohoooo!!! Congrats on making it to green. I had a 6 lb. loss the first week I switched to green. Sure wish I could see that number again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara415 View Post
Awesome! Congrats on reaching those milestones! I keep hearing everyone talk about the colored menus and I am so curious because I am still in preconditioning.

My center was very vague with what each menu entails... do they change your menus as you reach different weights then? How does that work?
The menus are given out according to your starting weight (exceptions being health problems, etc.) The beige menu is for people 200-250lbs. the green is for under 200 lbs. If you begin the diet under 200 lbs. you start on 2 different menus (I think blue & yellow) for a couple of days each before you are put on the green menu. You stay on the green until you reach your goal. I was very curious when I first started also. I like to know what is up ahead...no surprises
Old 03-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Congratulations on staying OP!! What on earth are MRC nachos?
half of a la tortilla factory tortilla, cut it into "nachos" (triangles), spray with pam olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder. Bake in oven at 350 for about 8 minutes. Brown 1lb ground turkey, use mccormick low sodium taco mix and water (cant remember how much water...it says on package). Mix shredded lettuce (however many oz you want, but of course you gotta have other veggies on the side to make up 8oz), 1oz hard cheese shredded and only 3oz of the meat (for green menu). Like I said, I added Jalepeno peppers from a jar because I needed a "kick", but they are not allowed on menu (too much sodium) but it hasn't really hurt me either. I put the rest of "taco meat" in the fridge and have it throughout the week!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Quote:

YAY!!!
Congrats!! Onderland is only a salad away!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

So is the only difference between green and beige is the protien ounces? I am on Beige and I am eating 6oz protien at Lunch and dinner. I cant wait to change menus.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #134  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks

Thanks to all on your advice with the cheat meal. I do understand the ketosis part of it, considering I did Atkins several years ago. MRC seems much healthier. I am staying OP, although I might have a few drinks on my birthday in May.

Did anyone ever get answer to what is MRC Nachos?
I think that one of the best ways to stay OP is to cooks some of the recipes from the cook books.

Thanks to everyone for their support and advice!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #135  
Tired & disgusted...

thanks bonnie, i'm looking forward to it!!

i'm SO trying those nachos....

i picked up a recipe last night for fake baked potatos using cauliflower. i LOVE potatos and if that'll give me the mushy substitute i'm craving i'll do it.... i'll let y'all know how that turns out.
Closed Thread