Old 08-27-2004, 12:14 PM   #226  

Hey June! Well I haven't been outbid yet, so that's a bonus. I love ebay, there's so much amazing junk on there (and some useful stuff, too), and it's really very user-friendly. Ebay will send me an e-mail if I get outbid so that I can go back and place a higher bid if I want (which I won't, but I'm still checking my e-mail fanatically ).

What's the story with these Slim in 6 tapes? Where do you find them? I have a couple Tae Bo and yoga DVDs that I never do, so DH will probably not approve of MORE, but I'm curious to know, anyway.

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:21 PM   #227  

Kristi, Who gets excited about a little bag of dry soup mix??? tee-hee
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:28 PM   #228  

Fiona,
Go to Beachbody.com and the Slim-n-6 tapes are explained on there. Along with other programs that are advertised on tv.
Another thought about e-bay - you can purchase the tapes on there too, people order them and never even open the package. It's worth a try.....
Old 08-27-2004, 01:43 PM   #229  

It'll probably get old sooner rather than later, but for now I'm soooo glad that my DH doesn't encourage me to cheat or even look the other way! It was his $500 too that we invested in this plan, and he doesn't get anything out of it except a thinner ME, so he's drawing a hard line about me sticking to my plan!

We are going to my parents' tonight to watch the football game - they have a dish so they get much better reception than we do - and my mom has already told me that dinner will be leftovers from the wedding - turkey and carrots (ick) and those cheesy potatoes that I cannot and WILL NOT have as I've done my two starches for the day (shoulda been thinking ahead and skipped the toast this morning, but oh well). I may have to stop at the grocery store on the way out to pick up some veggies and fruit, though, just to round things out and give me something to eat besides turkey. Not to mention, I have eaten ALL of the fruit in our ENTIRE house as of today, so I need to restock anyway. I wonder if there will be leftover wedding cake? They had two kinds, raspberry filling and amaretto cream filling, and I may not be able to resist a small slice of the amaretto - it was really good!

Other than that I've been POP today - thank goodness my friend Terry had a box of LA bars in her desk here at work, because I forgot to grab any this morning.

Fiona
Old 08-27-2004, 02:18 PM   #230  

Awwwww, I've been outbid. And I think it's taking more willpower to NOT bid higher (I hate losing!) than to keep my nose out of the offce supply of Mountain Dew.

Fiona
Old 08-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #231  

Fiona, Don't fret, that just means there is something better out there for you......
Why not just start walking outside or at the mall. atleast while the weather is decent. That will give you alittle more time to look for a great deal. Actually, even though the weather is decent here I still use my inside equipment. Sometimes in my underwear. Well, it's not like there is gonna be any peeping Toms in my basement at 5 o'clock in the morning.....
Old 08-27-2004, 03:35 PM   #232  
156/127.4/127.4

Hey chicks!
I just finished having my Carb Cravers Sandwich and I felt soooo guilty eating it because of the 2 slices of bread!!! It was good but I really had to force myself to eat the other half!

I was down 1.4 this morning at weigh in so a total of 7.2 pounds lost in just a little over two weeks! I can't beleive I am almost to the 10 pound chick for my avitar~ hopefully by the end of next week as that is 2.8 pounds! I am finally in the 140's!!!

Kristi-about the hot cocoa do you have to give something up cuz I am assuming it is not "free?" I wonder what Swiss Miss mix that is Sugar Free and Fat Free is compared to LAWL? It seems like sometimes you can find similiar things in stores for 1/2 the price! When I was in today through the end of the month they have the take off juice for buy 2 get 1 free. She says to me it is a great deal and alot of people do it at least once a month! NO THANKS! I hated those two days more than anything!

I am soo excited to get my slim in 6 and it was available on EBAY but I don't have the patience to search through all of them and find the best or an unopened one.

June-sounds like you are still in the painting phase! Yuck we are going to do touch up from a year ago on our walls next week!

Have a great weekend Karen and everyone else! The weekend is so hard for me as I would love to go for drinks and appetizers with friends.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #233  

Kristi,
We live in the Great Lake State - Michigan....out in the country, not in a city. The weather here has been awful this summer, either cold, rainy or both. Hasn't been good for motorcyle riding at all. My tan is a farmers tan - yuck. I guess on the brighter side we do have a beautiful Fall to look forward to. BTW, if you look under my chick avatar the location is there.
Kristi -what about you?

Sammy, Way to Go, Keep up the great battle! You'll be getting that new chick anytime now! Oh-Rah!

Last edited by Starlynn; 08-27-2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:08 PM   #234  

Kristi,
I have a Dyna Low Rider - Harley. My hubby has a Ultra Classic. I learned to ride on a Triumph in the 70's. I know what your saying about being the passenger, it is alot more relaxing back there, all you have to do is look good. On the Prvidia Diet website my name is "Biker Grannie"
Oh and about "where do you live?" Okay so not only am I blonde, I'm old......duh...
Karen's husband has a Harley also.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:41 PM   #235  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone,
I'm just trying to wrap things up around here so we can leave right at 5. I have everything sitting at the back door waiting to be loaded up. I am soooo ready.
Yeah, I'm husband has a Dyna Wide Glide. We love to ride and do it every chance we get. Down here you can almost ride it year around. I don't like to ride it when it's cold though. We did go on a toy run last Christmas. I only did that for the kids less fornuate though. So, that's really the only time my butt gets on the back during the winter.
Well, it looks like everyone is doing really well with the plan.
Kristi....It must be a wonderful feeling to be just a few pounds from goal. I hope to be there by the end of the year. I'd like to be there sooner but with all of my "Life Happens" days it is just taking me alittle longer than I'd like. I think I like the Rainbow Plan too much.
Well, I hope everyone has a great on plan weekend. I'll talk to you all on Monday.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #236  

Have a GREAT trip Karen!

Yay, something else to think about besides food. I'm seriously looking into taking the courses to get my Real Estate license, and on the internet I discovered a website that tests you on a variety of simulated sales situations. It was so fun! I had to register and now I'm waiting for someone to e-mail me with an analysis of my performance. Can't wait! Some things I know I messed up on, but others I think I did okay, so I'm interested to see what it says.

Off to the football game - have a great night everyone!

Fiona
Old 08-28-2004, 10:30 AM   #237  
Lost 25.8 lb since7/15/04

Good Morning Everyone,

Miss you SY, Diane, and Beach!!! Hope to see you posting soon.

Sammy: Congrats on your loss. That's wonderful!!!

Fiona: Star is right - walking is great excercise - and free!!! I enjoy it a great deal, and it has helped tremendously in toning the derriere and thighs. I highly recommend it.

Karen: Have a wonderful trip, and I look forward to your posts next week.

Star: You have a great sense of humor - your posts always make me smile.

Kristi: I was looking at the nutrition content on the shakes, and it's almost identical to the hot cocoa that you posted (thanks for that info). I sometimes do a bar and a shake instead of two bars to shake things up a little - but I need to be careful about the sodium content on those days because the sodium content on the shakes is a lot higher than on the bars. So I stay away from Lean Cuisine when I do a bar and a shake - as the sodium content is high on those. Have you done any Lean Cuisines since you started doing a bar and a hot cocoa? If you are sensitive to sodium and water retention, that might be something to look out for since the sodium content in the hot cocoa is the same as in the shakes. I'm looking forward to seeing you at goal next week!!! Go for it!!!

I won't be weighing in at the center until Monday, I've done my three weigh-ins already this week. I'm down on my scale this morning - but I don't want to jinx it because I'd really like to make that 15 pound mark and break into the 140s as well. I'm hoping for Monday - we shall see. In the meantime the painter was here yesterday and will be back again tomorrow - have to let the stainblocker completely dry before repainting the ceiling. I just hope he's all done on Sunday - I'd like to put this little episode behind me.

Well, have a great day/weekend!!!!

June
june620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #238  
156/127.4/127.4

Fiona-How was the game? I thought how it was in high school to go to games! We have went to a couple of games at our university but it is not as fun when you don't know the other fans!

June-So glad to see your how is finally getting back together what a releif that must be! We have saws running in our back yard this morning my DH is puting up a fence finally after three years of being here! Good luck on your loss I know how I felt when I broke into the 140's on Friday and I knwo you will feel the same!

Kristi- How was dinner with hubby Friday? I thought about you as I ate a turkey taco salad! Let me just say that 1C. of iceberg is a lot of lettuce! Needless to say it was not happening for me! It was good but not that good!

Gosh all you biker babes are going to look so HOT next summer in your new sizes! I hear biker clothes are not cheap but what a great splurge! My hubby would love a Harley and I would like to ride with him but not alone I know I would wreck! Doesnt your butt get sore if you go on long rides?

Hope all had POP weekends I am going to strive for one! It will be hard! I am cooking roast for dinner so there goes my beef for the week. See you all on Monday!
Sammy
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 02:14 PM   #239  

Woo hoo! Another 1.4 since Thursday! Just had to share. Now I'm going to go have a little quiet time before attempting to whip my house into shape for DD's bday party tomorrow afternoon.

Have a fabulous, BIG loser, POP day!

Fiona

p.s. I'm putting up my 5-lb chickie because I decided I DESERVE IT! I'm actually at 4.8, but I've been POP for three days, and that's close enough for me!

Last edited by mkfionap; 08-28-2004 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:48 PM   #240  
LAWL Center Manager

Default Starting Again...

Hello Everyone!

My name is Joy, and I was once a member of this board. Well, I'm back again. I used LAWL in 2002 to lose weight for my wedding, and it was truly a blessing. I lost a total of 22 pounds, moving from a size 14 to a size 9 for my wedding.

Well, marriage is bliss, and I just had another baby. I have a 4-year old boy and a 5-month old little girl. I've been nursing my daughter, and was prescribed a nursing-safe birth control pill. Between that and the baby weight, I've blown back up to 196 pounds!

I am planning to go back on the LAWL program within the next month. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me in the past. My only problem is the money - I'm saving up to begin again. Can any of you summarize about how much they are charging now? My goal weight is 135! That's at least 60 pounds.

I really appreciate your help and the inspiration I'm getting from this board. I can hardly wait to lose this extra weight and feel confident once again. I look forward to sharing my progress with you all regularly. This board was essential during my first round, and I'm sure I will need this support now as well. I don't plan to have any more babies, so I'm also hoping these results will be more permanent.
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote