Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 06:16 PM   #286  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Oh pink lemonade popsicles sound so good! I tried the drink but it was soooo sweet. I have 2 more on order for this week thinking it'd be good (we order on our weigh-in day for the next week).

I put on my bathing suit today for the first time to go to the beach with friends last minute.

I gained way too much since last summer. Ugh. All I kept saying to myself was "this is the before picture, Labor Day will be amazing". And then I said a little prayer.

My friends stopped for drinks but I just came home. Felt defeated, sad, depressed, all of the above. I didn't want to tempt myself in my current mood. Just 2 years ago I was in such a better place. And I'm on my way back, one step at a time.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:32 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotsAreMyLife View Post
I gained way too much since last summer. Ugh. All I kept saying to myself was "this is the before picture....Just 2 years ago I was in such a better place. And I'm on my way back, one step at a time.
You are not alone please never forget that. Stopping and giving into the sad/depressed feelings and cheat or give up we would just be going further into what is making us unhappy. We are working towards a better us, it is not easy and no one else can do it for us. Be proud that you are taking the hard steps everyday
Old 05-27-2016, 02:58 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Oh pink lemonade popsicles sound so good! I tried the drink but it was soooo sweet. I have 2 more on order for this week thinking it'd be good (we order on our weigh-in day for the next week).
You can always mix in more water and Realemon or Realime, or squeeze in the fruit if it is handy. Then you get to eat more popsicle for the same packet size, mwahahaha! AND feel like you are getting a treat. I think some people did this with the chocolate puddings to make a 'fudgesicle'. I'm thinking the Pina Colada drink would be awesome for this too.

Liana
Old 05-27-2016, 07:14 AM   #289  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
You are not alone please never forget that. Stopping and giving into the sad/depressed feelings and cheat or give up we would just be going further into what is making us unhappy. We are working towards a better us, it is not easy and no one else can do it for us. Be proud that you are taking the hard steps everyday
Thank you, Monica. I was just exhausted from the sun and feeling sorry for myself. But I knew I could come home and post here knowing you'd all understand. Thank you for your kind words. I'm still perfect on plan and glad I didn't give in. I was so tempted though. The devil on my shoulder was poking hard. This is really the first time in 2 months I've been considering a slip and I know I'll be sad if I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
You can always mix in more water and Realemon or Realime, or squeeze in the fruit if it is handy. Then you get to eat more popsicle for the same packet size, mwahahaha! AND feel like you are getting a treat. I think some people did this with the chocolate puddings to make a 'fudgesicle'. I'm thinking the Pina Colada drink would be awesome for this too.

Liana
Thanks Liana, those are great ideas! Fudgicles sound so good too!

I bought Janeva's cookbook, I need to find something yummy to make for our holiday weekend. I do really love this way of eating.

Last edited by CarrotsAreMyLife; 05-27-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Has anyone ever heard of Shirataki Pasta Noodles? They are zero calorie, 4 carb and 3 fiber, 15 calories a serving. I ate them last night for dinner and they were pretty good. Are they allowed??
Old 05-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

pishposhappelsauce that's a great idea!! Making Popsicles out of drinks. I saw that they make freeze pop baggies now, I was thinking of making sugar free freeze pops.

I traded in my wine for seltzer water with mio, I put it in a wine glass and call it my "fake" wine. LOL It does the trick!

I did really good this week, stayed 100% all week. That is major for me. I haven't been able to stick to it. I went to the doctor on Monday and my blood pressure was a little high, well it is always high when they first take it, white coat syndrome, but it was enough to make me want to get serious. I had blood work done and my numbers were great my doctor said, so that's good. I'm 50 now, I want to make sure that I am healthy to see my grandkids grow up! That is a big motivator for me. I don't want to go down hill as I age, I want to be fit and healthy.

We are going to a vinyard Saturday to listen to music. Outside food and non alcholic drinks are allowed so I will be fine. I plan on bringing fresh veggies to nibble on and my seltzer water. If i'm feeling weak, I won't go!! I refuse to get derailed this time. I managed to lose 2lbs this weigh in, which is great, especially considering that I weighed last Thursday and ate/drank Friday, Sat, and Sun and didn't get 100% until Monday, so I basically lost 2 lbs between mon and wed. I'll take it! I weighed 199.2 on my scale this morning, so back in the hundreds!! My next goal is to get under 190.

Happy Friday!!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Has anyone ever heard of Shirataki Pasta Noodles? They are zero calorie, 4 carb and 3 fiber, 15 calories a serving. I ate them last night for dinner and they were pretty good. Are they allowed??
I've done them in moderation and my coach told me they were ok. Kind of rubbery and you really have to rinse them (smell fishy as they are derived from seaweed), but good in some things.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #293  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Hi Kelly,

I believe shiritaki noodles are OP. I hear some clinics sell them.

If you do a search of this forum, you will find a load of posts about shiritaki noodles. Some folks count them as a part of their veggie allotment, some limit the serving to 1/2 Cup. I have used them twice with good results. I find them a nice way to change things up.

For those who find them fishy, I learned online to rinse, then soak for about 15 minutes, and then sautee them in a dry pan to leech out more of the water they come packed in. Only about 3 minutes in the pan or they do get really rubbery.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #294  

So that was a fun couple days at work. I had a day shift (12 hrs) and when I got home I decided to be a good doggler mamma and take my babies out for an unleashed walk as they had been in the house most of the day. Got out to the out skirts of town, let them all loose and off we went. On the way back what did my babies find and have to run after......a skunk. It got all 3 of my dogs with a direct shot in the face We were not close to home so I had to put them in my new truck to get them home without puking and then try as I might to wash all three of them before the smell got to set in the house. To me that shows that I should have just come home and put my feet up and relaxed. After the hours of deskunking I was amazed that I did not have a cheat in either food or drink form. I was very happy with myself indeed, the dogs not so much lol.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #295  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
So that was a fun couple days at work. I had a day shift (12 hrs) and when I got home I decided to be a good doggler mamma and take my babies out for an unleashed walk as they had been in the house most of the day. Got out to the out skirts of town, let them all loose and off we went. On the way back what did my babies find and have to run after......a skunk. It got all 3 of my dogs with a direct shot in the face We were not close to home so I had to put them in my new truck to get them home without puking and then try as I might to wash all three of them before the smell got to set in the house. To me that shows that I should have just come home and put my feet up and relaxed. After the hours of deskunking I was amazed that I did not have a cheat in either food or drink form. I was very happy with myself indeed, the dogs not so much lol.
OMG OMG OMG (one each for your 3 doggies) and here are 3 hugs----
Old 05-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

monica first of all...GROSS...second bravo for staying on plan!

Well...well did not make it through day 2 ....but did make it to day 3 and working on day 4...i have to learn to go to bed when im tired..even if it is 9..this is what got me in trouble...falling asleep....but my body fighting it and then for a weird reason was thinking about junk..had some..and some more....ehmmm so weird that i did not have one thought or craving that day (and there were temptations) but all ofma sudden im diving into doritos...
I have added a countdown on my phone...thanks for suggestion..sorry cant remember who suggested this..it is for 33 days...for June 30th..my last day of work before holidays...hoping to below 170... One goal at a time!
Old 05-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #297  
IP start 4/4/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post

Well...well did not make it through day 2 ....but did make it to day 3 and working on day 4...i have to learn to go to bed when im tired..even if it is 9..this is what got me in trouble...falling asleep....but my body fighting it and then for a weird reason was thinking about junk..had some..and some more....ehmmm so weird that i did not have one thought or craving that day (and there were temptations) but all ofma sudden im diving into doritos...
I have added a countdown on my phone...thanks for suggestion..sorry cant remember who suggested this..it is for 33 days...for June 30th..my last day of work before holidays...hoping to below 170... One goal at a time!
I copied someone else's idea for the countdown, I find it highly motivating.

IP greatly improved my sleeping habits, even if it just made me go upstairs to avoid the kitchen.

Now I'd never tell anyone what to do here but....please throw away the Doritos. They aren't worth all the effort you've already invested in this eating plan.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:46 PM   #298  

Quote:
OMG OMG OMG (one each for your 3 doggies) and here are 3 hugs----
Thankyou from me and the dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post

i have to learn to go to bed when im tired..even if it is 9..this is what got me in trouble...falling asleep....but my body fighting it and then for a weird reason was thinking about junk..had some..and some more....ehmmm so weird that i did not have one thought or craving that day (and there were temptations) but all ofma sudden im diving into doritos...
I already suffer from insomnia, and my first go around for the first while the diet made that worse. I found and article here for you as to why, I had done the research the last go around and know that this can happen. What my doctor recommended is OTC melatonin each night. It is not a sleeping pill but a naturally occurring hormone we have that signals or body to sleep. Taking it each night helps our body get better into sleep and the longer you take it the better it is supposed to work. Also what I do id keep hard boiled eggs on hand so if I am craving or hungry at night i have that instead of something off plan, or have and extra IP food, it will be less likely to get you out of ketosis. Hope that helps.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...low-carb-diet/
Old 05-29-2016, 10:43 PM   #299  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Carrors i know i should not buy these but they are for my boys....i have told them to keep them in the basement and TO NOT eat in front of mom!...and please never hesitate to tell me what to do...lol

Monica thanks for the info...i will read up on this.

I read on another forum about BCAA....hereistand had written about these....i had never heard of these before...others say these help before/after workout....i started walking over an hour each day and want to do Jillian workout next week...anyone using these...any recommendations?...

Really bummed that my gNC has not had quest chips since December...miss them so much. Bought kays natral but not as good...restricted...dont enjoy as much...excpet for the price...lol

Have a great OP week ladies! Rember we did not gain in a day...so we wont lose it in a day....but we will lose it one day at a time!
Old 05-30-2016, 09:36 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

You all seem like you are cruising through your reboots!

Monica, so sorry to hear about the dogs and skunk. Poor dogs and poor you.

Carrots, trigger foods are a no-go in my house too.

Loser13, you are strong Mama! Love the last line of your post.

As for me, I am down 2 more pounds and below my goal. Phase 3 helped vanquish that miserable pound, yippee!!!
Closed Thread