Old 01-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Exactly this!!! Exercise is now a habit for me and I do not want to break it. Also, I was completely off plan during the holidays but kept up my exercise routine. I only gained 2# during this time and I am now lower than I was before the holidays after only 3 days back on plan. Even though I was eating all kinds of cookies, bread and junk in general, keeping up with exercise was the KEY to maintaining during this time.
Jennydoodle - I have seen your posts while I was researching IP (obsessively researching) before starting, mostly concerning The Exercise Issue! For the past year I have been doing Orange Theory Fitness and come to love, love, love it (essentially circuit training between treadmill, rower, and strength/weight training). I was upfront with my coach that I did not want to quit my exercise habit and she offered me the Alternate Program to follow on days that I worked out (usually burning between 500-600 calories, per the heart monitor - which too, I know is not an exact science). BUT, after spending so much money and time on IP, I wanted to try it, "at first", as written, as on paper, no tweaks. Well, here I am day one of week six, and I have not returned to the gym!!!! I guess I'm typing all this out to say I WILL be returning to the gym this week, even if it slows my roll! I read the various threads where different coaches give different advice RE: The Exercise Issue, but really miss it and CRAVE it!

Thank you all for your input and contributions! I rarely post, but READ obsessively! Happy New Year!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #497  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I notice that this 2015 Rebooters thread is about to reach 500 posts -- someone who is a 3FC moderator will post a request that the thread be closed. That just means a new one will need to opened .

I thought I would point this out to everyone now - does anyone want to be the starter of the continuation thread for rebooters?

This has been quite a successful thread, and I think it would be great if the title of the new thread can be inviting and inclusive for new rebooters as well as 2015 rebooters.

If you are willing to include new rebooters, maybe the new thread could be titled 2015 IP Rebooters (and 2016 Rebooters too!)... or something like that.

I look forward to the continuation of the thread. I just finally embraced the reboot myself, so, no matter what you call it, I'll become a regular there going forward!!!

thanks
Cheryl (aka oneuh2)
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I am spending the day giving myself a pep talk about the importance of not getting off plan. I have a wine tasting and dinner tonight. I can do this.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote