Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #16  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

This is an email i received from comfortqueen.com, but I think it's for all of you too...
You are loved....God loves you more than anything in this world or universe, you have loving family and friends and a man who wants to love you. You are worthy and the light in a lot of people's lives. You want to help people and that is a good quality. You want to give of yourself and you should know that you receive what you give. When you are having a hard time, not knowing how to cope, know that you are not alone, never alone. God is always with you, no matter what you think or how you feel. He's there to support and lift you up. Love yourself because of how you love others.

Love,
Me
Old 02-16-2005, 11:58 AM   #17  

Default Hello

From me. Teel, in case you had all forgotten! I am sorry for my lack of posting. I have recently hidden myself away for various reasons. Get a mug of coffee ready and I will endeavor to explain.. .
As you probably might recall, over the last few weeks I have felt so, so exhausted I have found it very difficult, impossible sometimes, to stay awake long enough to even get out of bed. And I mean I was asleep, not just hiding under the duvet all day and all night too!.
Last Wednesday I went to my Diabetic outpatient's clinic and to my releif the Diabetes is doing remarkably well...for those in the know my HbA1c was 6.1.However my weight had gone up about 7lb since my last visit a year ago (jolly good job I had lost a bit before the visit!!) Anyway the clinic doctor, whom I had never seen before, said she had looked at my latest blood test results of a week previous)and was concerned that my liver was showing signs of stress and she didn't understand why, especially as my Diabetes seems to be well controlled at the moment. I should say that I have a bichemistry level blood test done every 3 weeks to check on the status of my heart seeing as I am on so many tablets to keep it from failing more. So she wrote out another blood test form to see how things were going and she is going to write to my cardiologist. So off I went home feeling rather delated after my wonderful HbA1c.(It's never been that good!)On getting through the front door I found a letter from my G.P. saying he had reviewed my latest blood results and had found "a mild abnormality" and please could I drop in and see him. So on Friday morning off I went and as I got through the door I confessed I had prewarning of his letter and explained about the Diabetes appointment.He said" well I am now confused because I was writing to you because I am concerned about your KIDNEYS!!" So. He added a few more tests to the blood form and told me to have the bloods taken a week early which means I have them done tomorrow.He said the creatinin levels have been gradually creeping up since October which makes me really mad because I have been in hospital since then so why couldn't they sort it out then, whilst I was in for 19 days???! So in the meantime I feel so so so tired that on Friday and over the weekend I have slept and slept and completely lost my appetite over the last couple of weeks. This is borne out by my losing 5lb the week before last and 3lb last week.Ok that's great for weight loss but not good for the general health side of things.And I have been very low in mood and burst in to tears when ever anyone has rung me on the telephone I just feel as though its one thing after the other. It's not a good time of year for me after Christmas and I feel as if I am being dumped on and dumped on again even before the first heap has been cleared away!!
I am very sorry for my absence. I have lurked in from time to time and gone away again or lost my post!! Thank you all for your enquiring posts and thoughts. And a big [[[[[HUG]]]]] to Linus for ringing me and keeping me up to date and for just caring! Oh drat. Gonna get all tearful again...

I shall be off now and catch up on lots of postings! And I will try and not leave it so long before next time!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:17 PM   #18  

Ooooh what a drop-dead-gorgeous West Highland White Terrier puppy you have there, Sprout! It SO reminds me of my Westie, Holly. I had her when she was all of 9 weeks old and fell in love with her immediately! She is such a bundle of mischievous, joyfull white fluff! Although she will be 8 yrs old on February22nd she has kept all of her puppy ways and goes and rummages around in her toy box and brings out the one she wants! I have to laugh at her sifting through the others to the bottom and finally plucking the one she wants out like a plum!!! She has never learnt to tolerate cats or the postman who thankfully turns round and smiles at her as she hurls herself at the ceiling to floor window barking like some mad thing! Sometimes she barks so hard and is in such a frenzy she literally lifts herself off her feet! It is so funny to watch. She is great company though, and I am afraid to admit I have let her store up some very bad habits over the years and she cuddles down with me at night...sometimes on the top but also UNDER the duvet if she is wanting a special cuddle!!

Oh Sprout, enjoy her all you can and I know the love will be totally rreciprocated!!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #19  

Default Hi

I am going to try to copy marny's post from old thread to this one, it was put on old one, and no one will see it there. hope it works

fat is the enemy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout

February 11

Romans 12:21
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

POSTED BY MARNY

Fat is the enemy. We have declared war, and it takes every ounce of strength we have to wage the battle. Yet, it is a battle well worth fighting. We sometimes need to look at fat as an enemy. We need to think of it as evil, in order to stay serious about battling it. If we allow ourselves to believe that it is anything less than evil, we stand in danger of learning to live with it. That can never be. It is an effrontery to the Christian life to allow evil to overcome that which is good. Rather, let us always strive to overcome what is evil with what is good.
Today's thought: I will not rest until the enemy has been eradicated!

I've been trying to grapple with my weight my whole life it seems. It has been a struggle even when I've been able to set the rest of my life in order and on God's path. I have recently been investigating the sin of gluttony. I never thought about it much before, and I wasn't even really sure what it was. I never hear about it in church, and no one talks about it. So, I did a search on the web. I found a lot of information. Much of it was from sermons at churches that I guess are brave enough to talk about it.

Gluttony is the act of overdoing something to the point that you look to it for comfort and needs fullfilled rather than God. It could refer to food or cars or clothes or whatever. But, the food image makes a lot of sense in my life. I do turn to food to make me feel better when I should be turning to God. I do over eat to the point of not being healthy. I've cared more about eating than taking care of this body that was given to me to care for and house the Holy Spirit. I have not been thankful to God for the food that He provides--I haven't given thanks for it, nor have I even thought about the idea that I'm fortunate to have it. I just take it for granted and shovel it in.

Right here in my own body, I've allowed Satan to have control. No more. I now pray for forgiveness for this sin, and the help, strength, and motivation to change it. I feel empowered by this. I feel like I now know why it has been so hard to defeat my fat...I didn't have a clear view of the enemy.

This is new to me. It was a shock to realize that I was sinning in this way and didn't even know it. Usually, I know when I'm turning my back on God.

I would appreciate your prayers for me. Even with God's help, it's hard to change a lifelong habit.

Thanks,
Marny

Last edited by doitforme; 02-16-2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #20  

Default Now it is me!

It worked, yeah, thought I might have to get sunny to do it. But figured it out. Marny- I do believe gluttony is a sin, and it is one of the footholds that we allow the devil to take, without much concern unfortunately.
Mitchy- enjoyed your post it is so true
Teel- sorry thinks are not going well, will keep you in prayer that they are able to pin point what is wrong and get you back to feeling like your old self. Your puppy sounds like a lot of fun. Off to youth group. Oh, I weighed in today and I lost 4 lbs to finally which was so much nicer than seeing no loss again. It is funny how much difference a day can make. See ya!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:46 PM   #21  

Default Wed Evening

Welcome Marny!!!! Please come and share about yourself. Hobbies, etc.

Michele...The John thing...I don't think you scared him off. I remember 7 years ago when I received a valentine from someone I wasn't even dating...I ended up marrying him. I think you did a very sweet thing. Hey...not going up is awesome. I really need to get a grip.

EZ...I can't wait to see the pics of the house.

Christalynn...AMEN...PRAISE GOD...OUR HEALER! I am very happy about mom's news.

sprout...put me on the list of puppy owner wanna bes.

Hey, Nikki is starting to get wider. We thought we felt puppies last night. She would be due in 2.5 weeks. Since she's a large breed dog and being first litter, she may not show too much right now.

Sunny...How's it goin? I just love the Winnie the Pooh pic.

Teel...Gosh, you will be in my prayers. I wish I could give you a huge hug...a minute long hug. Keep sweet!

craftymom- Yeah!!! keep up the good work.

Crystalynn...I got the sizes you lost I'm so proud.

Ok, everyone as my witness...tomorrow...Thursday...even though is lunch in at work...I will up my water to 3 bottles (it's at 0 now). I will eat an entree' (weight watchers) for lunch and ABSOUTELY NOTHING SWEET! I will stick real close to the SB diet for tomorrow...maybe I can get a jump start on myself.

Thank you everyone for just being here for all of us!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #22  

Default Our Pup Koko

Teel, just read your post - our pup Koko is not a West Highland White Terrier - he is a Maltese / Poodle cross - and is white.

Must say I had forgotton what a pup is like - whines terrible if we crate him at night so guess where hubby has decided the pup should sleep - yup your right - between us. Funny thing is hubby got the pup for me for my birthday as I had mentioned I would like a very little one - but think hubby has taken a great liken to this pup - and the pup jumps all over hubby - especially when he is putting on his coat and shoes to go outside. But when it comes to sleeping - guess where he is at - yup, all snuggled up against me - seems to love the neck area for starts and then wiggles his way under the blankets but stays very close.

Hubby built a little pen outside for him - 3 x 6 - just big enough so that I can put him out to do his business and then catch him to bring him back in. When we are both home during the day we stay outside with him letting him have free run of the back yard - after about 15 minutes he wants in to sleep - and sleep he does after all that fresh air.

Got him last Friday and we notice a change in him already - getting thicker hair and it is getting longer - and he is really trying to be the 'boss' of the house - getting into the bathroom and trying to remove all the garbage bringing it out to us in the kitchen - or bringing out the laundrey from the basket.

Tonight he figured how to stand up and look on the top of the coffee table - and whined because Priscilla ( our daughter ) would not share her potatoes with him.

We are having fun with him, but can see that we have a lot of work ahead of ourselves to get him properly 'trained' - doesn't mind his collar but won't have anything to do with the lease, when he sees the leash being attached, he sits and doesn't move - mind you he is only 2 pounds so it is not hard to move him.

We have had so many comments from people around town about him - his white long curly hair, little black eyes, with curls around them and his little nose - everyone is falling in love with him. He is now 2 months, 6 days old - will be interesting to see what he looks like in a month when more hair has come in - and to see just how much more he will grow. He was the runt of the litter so we don't expect him to be all that big - breeder thinks he will maybe get up to 5 pounds and no more than 6 - 8 inches tall - so he is a small one for sure - and looking at his feet we feel she is going to be quite on her perdiction.

Going to take him to the vet tomorrow for his first visit - has already had his first shot, but just want the vet to check him over - then next month he will have his next one.

Weight wise: really trying to work on this. Have lost 2 pounds since Jan 24 and am looking forward to another loss this week of min. 1 pound but would lilke this week it to be 1.5. Have made some changes in my program: working on getting in water - am not up to 3 bottles (6 glasses) per day and will be looking at increasing it to 4 bottles in the next week or so. Also have added tossed salads to lunch rather than sandwiches. Small changes = reward will be healthier body.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:06 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Wednesday

HI LADIES

Thought I would check in while I wait for Ron's tennis lesson to get over...I am balancing dinner tonight..usually Angie's night to cook but she had to give blood then go to monthly BUNKO...so me and the boys are having hot dogs..Angie will be so mad she didn't get any She actually came home and threw together a salad..tonights BUNKO menu was "RED & HOT" so bought an already made mix, threw in some avocado, spinach and cranberries (for the red) then had some spicy chicken pieces already cooked she threw in.

Had the day off today...didn't really want it ..$$$$...but work is slow right now. Took the dogs up to the park and they ran me for an hour..WE are so tired!! Angie and I are entered in a 3 mile dog walk/run middle of March...the girls will be ready...not sure if I will

SPROUT Great pictures of KOKO...your husband is such a weenie! So glad I am not at all like that... ...Angie gets so mad when I let ours get on my lap in the recliner...especially since they weigh 60 lbs...sometimes they both get up there...I am such a sucker..We crate ours in the gym at night, they love it...When Rylee was "new" she used to cry when we put her in it, the crate was in the dining room...well actually she screamed like an ape!!...we put the crate in our bedroom and put her down when we went to bed..no more tears. When we got Reba we crated them seperate but both in the gym..no problems since they go together and are not lonely. We have disks that I warm up for them to lay by..as soon as the second one dings on the microwave Reba heads down to the gym..and as soon as I open the cookie box (they get a bedtime snack) Rylee heads down.

MKAY Are you sure you want more dogs Just in case they don't sell RYLEE ate about half of the screen door on the family room yesterday! And with Reba...well, let's just say NO SHOE IS SAFE I won't even discuss the mud tracked in How are things with DH? Prayers.

TEEL So glad to see you back, but concerned about your health. I will send up many prayers for you. I am so glad that you are getting medical attention though, so many can't...or won't. Prayers.

SUE Hope shopping went well, have a great time with the youth...want me to send my knucklehead nephew your way

MICHELE I read the Vikings may get a new owner...how is the town taking that news?

Gotta jam....Gary
Old 02-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #24  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I woke up to a -29C temperature this morning. FRIGID! I wish I could stay home and read a book or something. The up side is that it's clear and sunny.

It sounds like everyone is doing great with their weight loss. I've been trying to eat properly so hopefully I'll be able to post some results soon too.

Michele: I think not gaining is just as good as losing. Sometimes our bodies need a rest in between too. You're doing great.

Teel: So glad to hear from you. My prayers are with you and your health problems.

Gary: My guys would love your meal. Tonight's GET YOUR OWN night. I work til six and then plan to stop and pick up some fruit on my way home.
AND...surely you get some input in decorating your house don't you? I listen to my DH when it comes to decorating. BTW, we did compromise on what color our red wall should be and it looks great!

Sprout: You are going to have so much fun with your pup. It sounds like he's already taken over!!

mkay: How's the water drinking coming? I try to get some down at work but forget when it gets really busy.

Marny: Welcome! Tell us a bit more about yourself!

have a great day!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Thursday

HI GALS

Off work again today..well kinda, I should clean house a little before our trip to Washington on Saturday. Yesterday I did tons of laundry...OK, 2 loads but it felt like tons...it isn't easy getting out of my recliner when the buzzer goes off...especially after those dogs walked/ran my legs off at the park.

Have a roast going in the crock-pot for dinner, will have gravy to go over noodles.

WILMA Are you kidding me? People ACTUALLY go outside when it is 29 below? and LIVE!!!??? Oh yea, I do get input on colors/design of the new house...sure...right...of course Stay warm!! It is supposed to be low 50's in the day and 20's at night where we are going this week-end in Washington..don't believe..in fact I know I have never seen temps in the 20's!! and that is ABOVE!!

Well SURVIVOR starts again tonight..I know some of you watch it to...got me thinking what Angie and I watch...here is our top ten...

#1~CSI-VEGAS
#2~AMERICAN DREAMS
#3~DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
#4~REBA
#5~LOST
#6~EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND
#7~2 AND A HALF MEN
#8~ER
#9~KING OF QUEENS
#10~THAT 70'S SHOW
AND OF COURSE....SURVIVOR AND AMERICAN IDOL...when they are on.

Well I think I should get to work since it is a little after 8am and I am still in my sweats (jammies)

REBA is barking at the TV....she watches...I AM TELLING THE TRUTH!! the Animal Planet, she barks at the animals sometimes...and at the commercials when she doesn't see an animal for awhile...RYLEE doesn't pay much attention to it but sometimes something catches her eye.

Prayers for all....Gary
Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 PM   #26  

Default Our Daily Bread Devotional for February 17, 2005

February 17, 2005

"Godhelp"

Read:
Psalm 32

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. —Psalm 32:1

Bible In One Year: Numbers 1-3

A man arrested for the murder of a 12-year-old girl was also suspected of other killings. When police searched his computer, they found a file labeled "My Sins," but it couldn't be opened because it was protected with a password. A computer expert went to work using software to break the code. After 16 hours and billions of combinations, he found this password: "Godhelp." The file detailed six brutal crimes, including rape and murder.

I wonder if that man had created the file and its unique password because of the overwhelming burden of guilt for what he had done. Perhaps he knew that only God could help him deal with the enormity of his crimes.

We all have past sins that weigh us down. We may feel as David did when he wrote that God's hand was heavy upon him day and night and that his "vitality was turned into the drought of summer" (Psalm 32:4). Yet relief can come. David said, "I acknowledged my sin to You . . . . I said, 'I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,' and You forgave the iniquity of my sin" (v.5).

The miracle of God's forgiveness does not remove the consequences of our sins. But when we confess our sins to Him, He will forgive us and cleanse us (1 John 1:9). His mercy and help are sure. —David McCasland

Lord, give me courage to confess,
To bare my sinful heart to Thee;
Thy full forgiveness I would know
And from this weight of guilt be free. —D. De Haan

When God forgives, He removes the sin and restores the sinner.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #27  

Default Hi ya

M-Kay- Bet you did a good job stasying op today
Sprout- CONGRATS ON THE 2 LB LOSS, love the pics of the pup she is so cute.
E.Z.- I would welcome your nephew we would have him singing and acting in no time, how is he doing by the way?
Wilma- wow I'll stop complaining we were 24 degrees F I know there is a formula to convert F to C but can't remember. But I for one can't wait for summer.
I am off today so going to get some work done around here, Going to watch my niece cheer to tom. She is captain of the squad and I have had to work all of her games so haven't seen them this year. So that will be fun. Catch ya later.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the warm welcome. A couple of you asked for a little info about me. So, here goes:
I love Jesus
I love my wonderful husband and beautiful 3 year old daughter.
I'm 33, and mainly a mom.
I take a computer programming class each semester for fun.
Before I had my daughter I was a 7th grade history teacher.
I live in Folsom, California.
My family attends Lakeside Church.
I like to read, work and play on the computer, and spend time with my family.
I've recently been able to admit my sin of gluttony, and with God's help I am overcoming this sin.
I don't like exercising.
I like to laugh, and often find myself being the only one laughing...can be awkward at times!

I appreciate this forum and having a place to find support and fellowship. I will be praying for all of you.

Marny

PS. Here's a picture of me and my little love.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loveusmall.jpg (38.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 02-17-2005, 11:34 PM   #29  

Default Isn't he cute

Koko is sitting on an old cushion from an old couch that the kids use for sitting on the floor - isn't he cute

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ncushion-B.jpg
Old 02-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #30  

Default To help you get an idea of how small he is

This picture is of Koko sleeping in a snakes and ladders box - he is in 1/2 the box and the other half is an ice cream pail full of crayons

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...epinginbox.jpg
Closed Thread