Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

ChoirGirlHotel-- You're amazing with your running! Keep it up! I agree, it's kinda nice a little small intimate club (though I enjoy reading everyone's posts who wants to participate!! ).

I did my pilates for the bum/thighs. After some errands in the afternoon, I did 45 minutes on the treadmill. I upped the speed from 4.3 mph to 4.4 mph today.

Glad it's over for today!!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 02-19-2009 at 01:15 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Did 30 minutes treadmill and 45 minutes bowling yesterday. Nothing today....had one too many drinks last night!! Back on it tomorrow...PROMISE!!

Choirgirl-I love running-never thought I'd be saying that growing up The feeling you get when you've finished a run is amazing, its such a high!

Tea and Mercee-keep up the good work!
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

ahhh! did nothing tonight :-( will do tomorrow.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 AM   #64  

Dream710 & ChoirGirlHotel-- we all have an "off day" ... don't worry about it!

My thursday workout:

* Did my abs pilates dvd this afternoon
* Felt a little blue so I did 60 minutes on the treadmill this evening at 4.4 mph and felt a bit better
Old 02-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #65  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey everyone! Was wondering if I could join in on this thread. I just started C25k on the treadmill and am loving it. I live in Colorado and I refuse to walk/run outside when it's colder than 70 degrees.. I was not made for winter weather!!

I just finished my first week of C25k and feel awesome (except for minor shin splints..uugghhhh), hoping to add in some supplemental work on my "off" days like pilates or at-home strength training.

I was reading through the thread and something caught my eye - teawithsunshine, you said you had your gallbladder removed? I did, also - about five years ago - and gained a ton of weight afterwards. I just don't think my body metabolizes and/or digests food the way it did when I had my gallbladder. I just ordered the Rosedale Diet book after reading some reviews on it.... what are your thoughts on it?

Anyway, happy Friday everyone!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #66  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

hi everyone! i just discovered this thread. i hate running, but the treadmill is my main source of exercise, so i could definitely use the motivation and accountability stuff.
as for my treadmill routine, i set the timer at 55 mins and either do:
1. alternating jog and runs. 3 min jog at around 6.1 or 6.2mph and then run for approx 30 seconds at 8.4 or 8.5mph for about 2 miles then jog at around 6.1 for an additional 2-2.5 miles. then walk the remaining 10 or 15 minutes left on the timer.
2. steady state jog for 3-4 miles starting at around 6.5 or 6.7 mph and usually slow down to around 6.0-6.2. then i walk the rest, with an occasional two minute jog here and there. sometimes if my jog was particularly shabby, i'll throw in some incline in my walk, but my doctor told me to generally avoid incline because it exacerbates my shin splints.

however, i think i am gonna change up this routine. i was originally trying to push through to 5 miles but it just doesn't seem to be happening for me. and also i have such a difficult time with it that i always want to stop after 5 mins. i consulted a friend who is a personal trainer who told me that my heart rate is so high (160-180bpm for the majority of my workout) that i am not increasing my overall fitness level and am simply burning energy. so he suggested that i go at whatever speed i can maintain a hr of about 145bpm for 4-5 miles, however long that takes. i'm worried that will take close to an hour and a half and i'll get bored, but i'm gonna give it a try this afternoon and see how it goes. wish me luck!
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #67  

Good morning ladies:

Welcome: Fatpants and SWS 19.

I have had the flu for a few days and I am feeling much better. I will get back to working out tonight. I think I recovred so fast because of working out. I see all is well here.

Tea and choirrgirl: Great job on your workouts. How have you ladies been doing? This is a great place to post and be accountable.

Dream_ Lets get back at it. I start again tonight.

Well have a great day all!
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #68  

Fatpants _ I wish we had 70 degree weather here it was 14 degrees when I left for work this morning. LOL
Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #69  

Welcome Fatpants and SWS 19!!!!

SWS19: I know what you mean, the first 5 min are the hardest for me. I think it's just because your body starts preparing for what it knows is going to happen - then the endorphins kick in and it's easier.

I don't run on any incline either as it hurts my shin splints.

I found that the combo of fast walking/sprinting actually made me hate the treadmill. A steady run feels so much better and for some reason I am less tired and hating it. Maybe you can just do a steady jog the whole time?

~Choirgirl~
Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #70  
Crazy runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercee View Post
Fatpants _ I wish we had 70 degree weather here it was 14 degrees when I left for work this morning. LOL
I hear ya.. it was 12 out when I got up and got going... YUCK! But we're supposed to hit the 60s this weekend, so I'm happy!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:54 AM   #71  

Hi Fatpants and SWS 19! Great to see you on this thread!

Fat Pants: I first lost a lot of weight after my gallbladder surgery by counting calories, etc. I then gained half of my then-101lb weight loss due to depression & recuperating from some minor surgery. I first started with a vegetarian and then a vegan diet for about 6-8 months after my gallbladder surgery before I could comfortably digest poultry and dairy products (though they're now low to non-fat ).

I then started losing weight again following the Rosedale Diet this past fall. There's a good forum on another site that is directly about the Rosedale Diet and lifestyle that I'd be happy to give you the link to if you PM me

I actually follow that eating plan not because of my gallbladder removal, but because I'm addicted to starchy & and sugar products. This eating plan helps keep my addictions in check unlike any other eating plan I've ever been on in my years and years of yo-yo dieting

Mercee- glad to see you're feeling better!!

To add to ChoirGirl's post about jogging... I haven't started yet (plan to at some point soon when I get my running shoes next month), but from what I read, a person starting to jog, should do so slowly and then build her endurance from there.

Friday's exercise post:

*I did my pilates from the “buns & thighs" dvd.
*Then did 45 minutes (x-nay on warming up or cooling down) at 4.4 mph.

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 02-21-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #72  

Thursday and Friday - I didn't run!! ahh!!! It's Saturday morning and I haven't done anything either!

That's okay, I might go for a run outside later tonight. I guess I just needed a little breaky.

Hey Tea: Can you send me the Rosedale link too? Thanks!

~Choirgirl~
Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 AM   #73  

Did my pilates for the abs.

Then did 45 minutes at 4.4 mph on the treadmill.

Off for Sunday, hooray!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #74  

Morning ladies:

How are you all? I had a really busy weekend our oldest son turned 19 so my hubby and I took the family to a play Satuday afternoon. We went downtown Chicago last night for dinner we had a great time. I didn't workout this wekend but I will get back tonight. I am glad to report I am down 1.5 lbs. I am glad!! (as I stated before I weigh-in every 2 weeks to stay motivated and usually I always have lost something). I just plan to keep going along until I am at my goal.

Have a great day ladies.

u, and F we went to
Old 02-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #75  
Crazy runner

Howdy everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine went too fast as usual.

teaw/sunshine - thanks for the info on the rosedale diet. I'll probably PM you for that forum link!

Took Saturday off from exercise. since the weather was so nice yesterday, DH and I went for a 30 minute walk, then I did 30 Day Shred yesterday evening. My legs are a bit sore today!

Going to start Week 2, Day 1 of C25k today.. 90 seconds of jogging followed by 2 minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. Looking forward to it!