3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise! > Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:29 AM   #16

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Man.... It was a struggle to do the treadmill tonight after work. I did a half-hearted effort on a dvd for leg work before getting on the treadmill.

From there, for the next 40 minutes after warming up, it was gritting my teeth and occasionally swearing at the treadmill to "hurry up!" so I could finish my workout. But I did a good workout

One more to go (on Saturday) and then no more for the rest of the week! (**Okay, okay I get back on the treadmill on Mondays but eh, the psychology of a break on Sundays from exercise, does wonders for the spirit at times! )
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #17

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I did it last night!! So proud of myself, I NEVER usually work out on Fridays. But I did it and I felt great. I was tired from the week though, so did a littler slower run than usual. But still, yay!

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #18

great job choirgirlhotel! I understand exactly how you feel in not wanting to workout one or two nights! Keep it up!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I've a problem with my left heel, so I need to stay off of it for a few days and work out on my exercise ball instead. As soon as I'm running the 'mill I'll start to post!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #20

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls! I've been a trying to get into a routine with the new baby and running the dd to and from school and to all her activities! I've been incorporating pilates along with my treadmill workouts. Yesterday I did start to run only for a few minutes but its a start! Got on the treadmill and got in 20 minutes today, this afternoon I'll get my pilates in. Everyone keep up the good work!

CGH-great job on working out even though you were tired. Someone once told me just get on for five minutes and if you want to quit after that at least you've done something. I've tried it, it works for me usually I feel better after the five and continue to push thru.

Tea-great job pushing thru!

Archychick-sounds like you've got a great workout plan. I try and mix it up so I don't get bored.

Mercee-how did the increase go?
dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #21

I did it!

Sunday was my day off, so today I got back on the treadmill horse.

Sometimes, it felt easy to do... and other times during my walking/hiking exercise session, it felt like "man, whyyyy did I agree to do exercising today?!" lol.

But I did it! I didn't increase my speed or incline level for this week but just increased my time so I'm now walking 45 minutes (not including warming up or cooling down). I sweated like I had a 105 degree fever

After my session on the treadmill, I FELT LIKE A MILLION BUCKS!

That's what you get for listening to Madonna's single "Ray of Light" during your cool down

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 02-02-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #22

Monday, I feel awesome! Did my 30-day shred this morning and just finished the treadmill now.

Felt the runner's high at 6 minutes.

Today's visualization: All my problems and ex-boyfriends and current boyfriend behind me while I run away from them. I imagine them to look bewildered and keep trying to bother me with questions, and all I say is "can't talk...running". and keep running and running until they are just specks in the distance.

that's a good one, I think I'll keep it!! lol.

~CGH~
Old 02-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #23

Morning ladies!

I had a great workout last night and it was my first increase to 45 minutes. I plan to workout at least 5 days a week. I use the weightloss program on my treadmill for 30 minutes and then I do maual for 15 minutes to mix it up some.

Great job ladies with your workouts. Let keep this up. Talk to you later.

Welcome to all the new people posting here. Have a great day all.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #24

Hi--

Did a great 45 minute workout (not including warming up/cooling down) just over an hour ago today and sweated like it was 110 degrees outside

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 02-03-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #25

Tea and Mercee: Awesome!! I can only dream to do 45 minutes!!

I soooo didn't want to do it tonight. My teeth hurt, I was in a bad mood, etc., but forced myself and of coruse so glad I did it.

felt the runner's high at 11 minutes

today's visualization:
Me being a belly dancer for some reason! ha!

~CGH~
Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #26

Got in 25 minutes on the treadmill yesterday along with 20 minutes of pilates.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #27

Hi dream and Choirgirlhotel - Great job on your workouts and keep up he good work.

I didn't workout last night I had an appt. and I didn't get home until 8:30 p.m. and I still had to eat dinner. Tonight I will be at it again. Have a great day ladies and wishing you well on working out.

Last edited by Mercee; 02-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #28

Hi ChoirGirlHotel--

Actually, I've steadily been progressing my time on the treadmill. I first started out with thirty minutes, then a couple weeks later, thirty five minutes, then forty, and now only this week am I actually doing 45 minutes (not counting warming up or cooling down) lol.

I'd have to be nuts to try doing forty five minutes when starting out on the treadmill! It just takes time to build up to that time on the treadmill, that's all!

**** I put in my sweaty required forty-five minutes on the treadmill earlier today and plan to do my leg pilates later in the afternoon after some errands. Just easier on my schedule to split up my routine today ****

****** UPDATE: I did my pilates this afternoon, like I said ******

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 02-04-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #29

Good morning Teawithsunshine:

Glad to see you are still at it great job. Well I got my 45 minute workout in last night even though I was extremely tired. I felt much better after I worked out. Just to think you do pilates also. Have a great day all. Keep up the good work.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #30

Didn't do the treadmill yesterday, but did manage to do 30 minutes power sculpt and 45 minutes of bowling. Today planning on getting at least 25 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes of pilates.

Mercee-great job on exercising even though you were tired!

Tea-The pilates I've been doing are leg pilates too! Are you using a dvd?

CGH-I'd love to be able to belly dance!