3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise! > Exercise Equipment

Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #286

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Friday's workout session:

* 55 minutes on the elliptical machine (My average heart rate was 125.. felt like hiking a little less today, so I brought the resistance on the elliptical to a level 14 instead of level 20 from yesterday.)
* Slightly more than an hour & 20 minutes of total body weight/resistance training (**Sore muscles all over, but not enough to cripple me lol. I did pretty dang good there today now that I think about it! )
* abs pilates dvd (better workouts with an 8 lb medicine ball at the gym.... )
* walking (outside!) ... 10+ minutes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #287

Wow!!

It has been so long since I have posted. I am doing great though. I am walking outside now that the weather has changed. I am walking 3.6 miles 4 times a week outside. Mt weight is still coming down so I am excited. I have been sick since Thursday with bronchittis so I feel lousy now. Keep up the good work ladies you girls rock.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #288

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hey everyone, I'm back!!

I've been gone for sooooooooo long. The two weeks before I left for my vacation I had a huge breakup/breakdown with my boyfriend. Luckily, we have pulled through it and are starting fresh and very happy.

I went on my three-week vacation to Hong Kong and Taiwan and it was awesome.

When I got home last week I weighed myself and realized I am now down to 160 lb! I'm so excited! I feel great. I have to keep going!!

Tonight I"m going to try to run, but might have to make it tomorrow instead. Can't wait to get back to running, I sure missed it.

So what's new everyone?????

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #289

Is this thread dead??????? NO, it can't be!

Went for a long walk/run yesterday with my boyfriend outside. Was so great!!! Going to go tonight for a walk/run hopefully on the treadmill again. Don't want to wreck my shins so will take it easy tonight and walk the first 15 min I think.

have been listening to "I can make you thin" by Paul McKenna - has anyone heard of him? I tried to do a search on here because I know people have mentioned it before, but it won't let me search the title and nothing comes up for Paul McKenna. Weird!

Hope everyone comes back to this thread!

~Choirgirl~
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #290

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

hey ladies. sorry for disappearing! i started posting over in the runners thread and kinda felt like i was constantly posting the same thing. but i'm here and i'm alive. still running. yesterday i went to the gym and someone was on the one functioning treadmill so i used the elliptical. i feel very torn about the elliptical. when i use it i do not get that totally tired feeling afterwards like i just had a hard workout, which is nice. i feel very spry and ready to carry on with the night. but on the other hand, i'm only burning about 2/3rds as many calories for the same amount of time. so i'm not sure what to conclude about the elliptical vs. treadmill.

Valentine's 5K: 27:53
St. Patty's 5K: Doctor's Note
Easter 5K:27:59
Mothers Day 5K: 27:25
Fathers Day 5K: 27:08
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #291

ok i'm baaaaaack. so where have the rest of you wandered of to, hmm?
anyway, i just posted this in the runners thread, but i'll re-report. yesterday i was having a rough afternoon (decided i need to break up with this guy that i've been seeing who i'm crazy about but i just don't think it'll work) and so i thought it would be a good opportunity to go for bit of a longer haul than i've been doing lately to try and clear my head and heart (but not as long as i was doing before i started physical therapy). i used the run/walk strategy that people have been mentioning lately. so i ran 30 mins. walked 1.5 mins. then ran til the 40 min mark. walked 2 mins. then ran it out to the 50 min mark. all in all ran a little over 5 miles and then walked another mile to cool down. not too shabby. though i didn't in that time come up with any workable solutions for my love life. oh well.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #292

I'm still here!
Will try to go for run tonight. Have only gone twice this week :-(
My abs are killing me though cause I did major ab work on Monday. Still ouchy today!

Sorry to hear that SWS19. I'm having a difficult boy situation too!

~Choirgirl~
Old 06-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #293

oooh what do you do for ab workouts? i just do some crunches and leg lifts but i very quickly get bored and i'm not sure if it's doing anything. gonna do sprint intervals this afternoon, i think. though it's gonna have to be a quickie. have a friend (new boy distraction maybe?) coming over at 8 to hang out.
and yeah, those damn boys. why they gotta be so dang difficult? and not only was i crushed by having to break things off with him because i really saw so much potential in this one, but he is the head producer of a tv show that i watch pretty frequently, so it's like i can't even escape it all. we talked a lot about it and i know all about things on the show, so now whenever i hear about it or see it, i'm always going to think of him. boo.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #294

Oh I know - I don't know if I have ever been in a non-difficult boy situation!! when love is involved, it's always difficult!!

For my abs, I just do a few things a personal trainer showed me using the exercise ball.

One of them you lay down, extend your arms straight above your head, grip the ball between your feet, raise the ball up and place it in your hands and lower your feet to the ground. then raise your legs and put ball back between your feet and lower your legs back down to ground. count that as one. do 12 of them, three sets.

the other one - have the ball in front of you, kneel on ground, rest forearms on ball. push/roll ball out in front of you keeping your back as straight as possible, then roll back in. count as one. do 12 of them, three sets.

both are very ouchy but effective!

~Choirgirl~
Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #295

i just need to be a bit more disciplined with myself. i honestly am barely on a diet. the only thing i've been good about and not slacking off too much on is the going to the gym at least 3 times a week (well, except last fri i skipped).
i've never worked with an exercise ball. i assume you mean one of those giant inflatable things you can sit on. If i have the motivation this afternoon, i'll give this a shot.
and boys, sheesh. love not even involved this time but it was still difficult. just wish i wouldn't see signs of him every time i turn on the tv. well, not every time, but often enough to be problematic.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #296

ok did 5.5 miles yesterday with 2 mins walking at the 40 min mark. then walked it out to 6 miles. not bad. then i came home and ate two soft steak tacos and a wanton soup, but we don't need to talk about that.